Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Ultramarine Edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>The Duncan and Peachy show
youtube.com/watch?v=5RO2qUV_W6g&t=

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for deathwatch

>HQ, 4 power level. Catachan, Astra, Imperium, Sly Marbo.

>Str 3, t 3, 5+ armor. 2 for ws and bs, 4 wounds, cannot take Warlord Trait or take orders.

>3 shot pistol that always wounds Infantry on a 2, no ap.

>4 attacks, Knife always wounds on a 2 against infantry.

>You can set him up for deep strike, and when he comes in, pick 1 of 3 options:

>Shoot a unit, ignoring the Character rule until the next turn, rule calls out he specifically shoots when he arrives, and can then shoot again during the actual shooting phase.

>Stalk with Knife, roll a d6 and move that many inches, and gain +2 attacks until the start of the next movement phase.

>Concealed explosives, pick a unit, roll a d6, add 1 if unit has more than 10 models, -1 if it is a character. On 4+ d3 mortal wounds, 7+ d6 mortal wounds.

>Fighting a Shadow: 1 / battle, at the beginning of your movement phase, if no enemy within 6 inches, Marbo goes back into deep strike, and can be redeployed the next turn. Procing his "show up" ability again.

>Gains 2+ to his armor save rather than 1+ when Marbo is in cover

Best Guardsman coming through.

That Ultramarine sergeant is looking a little...disturbed. Someone might want to check on him.

>tfw I start noticing the bitz used on these
>tfw I actually look at the heraldry

xth for the best Chapter

Also fuck the Blood Ravens

Maybe I don't understand but why is Orbital Bombardment good? Isn't it just 1/6 chance for a mortal wound for each enemy group, not for each model, right?

It probably shines in games between 2k and 3k, where you have much more CP and your enemy has more units that can potentially get wounded.

Help me decide my vent colors

Skins are purple
Chitin is electric blue
Swords are glossy obsidian
Guns are the fleshy red or green shown here.

Green

I like the green & orange ones

If they brought this over to 40k and modified it for 40k would you be okay with this. Also i was thinking that it would work with CP like Khorne Armies start with 0 CP but gain CP for killing units instead of Blood Tithes and they spend those on the table.

Are Corax and Khan the most neglected primarchs?

Reply with:
>1 new Daemon "chapter tactic"
>1 new Daemon spell
>1 new Daemon relic

Orange looks good.

It did exist in 40k last edition, they made an entire supplement book about it.

i know but that table wouldnt exactly work now that new units spawned cost points.

I can't really paint for shit but I'm thinking of starting a space marine army, Black Templars in particular.

My plan is prime black, drybrush whole model either dawnstone or a blue, do pauldrons in a light grey, eyes red, silver gun, wash the whole thing.

Think that's good enough for a tabletop army? The idea would be to have a fully painted army with the above, not just like half of it painted and half of it bare plastic/black primer.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [110 PL, 1997pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler [8 PL, 152pts]: 2x Entropy cannon, Rothail volley gun

+ HQ +

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 130pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Combi-bolter, Force stave, Putrescent Vitality

Typhus [9 PL, 175pts]: Blades of Putrefaction, Miasma of Pestilence

+ Elites +

Blightlord Terminators [14 PL, 263pts]
. Blightlord Terminator: Balesword, Combi-bolter
. Blightlord Terminator: Blight launcher, Bubotic Axe
. Blightlord Terminator: Flail of Corruption
. Blightlord Terminator: Bubotic Axe, Combi-plasma
. Blightlord Terminator Champion: Bubotic Axe, Combi-plasma

Deathshroud Terminators [11 PL, 180pts]
. Deathshroud Champion: Manreaper, Plaguespurt gauntlets
. 2x Deathshroud Terminator: 2x Manreaper, 2x Plaguespurt gauntlets

Helbrute [7 PL, 147pts]: Missile launcher, Twin lascannon

+ Fast Attack +

Myphitic Blight-haulers [7 PL, 142pts]
. Myphitic Blight-hauler: Bile spurt, Missile launcher, Multi-melta

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [10 PL, 142pts]
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Plague Marines [10 PL, 142pts]
. Plague Champion: Boltgun, Plague knife
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

Poxwalkers [6 PL, 120pts]: 20x Poxwalker

++ Total: [110 PL, 1997pts] ++

For my 2000pt tourny coming up next month.

Yes, though it is debatable which is more neglected

Templars is a nice easy one to do, since you can't really screw up with a black armour model.
If you're drybrushing, start basecoat black and drybrush a mechanicus standard, then wash black, do it again and then a slightly lighter gray, though you might want some more colour on there than just the eyes, like purity seals and stuff, or they'll look kinda bland

What do you do If they zone you?

Looks Good Desu.

I walk towards them, then I kill them

yeah good point I forgot some of them have holsters and a purity seal or two. Those are easy enough to do so I can put some paint on those too.

You think Mechanicus Standard and Dawnstone are good as far as the drybrush colors go?

>Remember reading about Jaghatai and Mortarion fighting
>It's not on Jaghatai's wiki page
>Just Mortarion's
Khan is so neglected people have even forgotten to edit his wiki page.

Yeah they should do fine. If you do end up using washes to make the drybrushing a little less obvious, unless you are some kind of wizard and still have badab black, go easy on the nuln oil. If it pools, it dries into this weird grey mess and looks bad.

Speaking of Khan, he seems to be displayed in two different ways, one as a reckless barbarian loyal to the Imperium, but also as a wise and traditional leader accustomed to the Chogoris lifestyle, which is Khan actually closer to?

Reminder that every Chaos Primarch's return has yielded an update to his respective legion's minis.

Magnus -> TK updates
Morty -> DG updates

Expect Iron Warriors, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Emperor's Children updates in 2018. Any one of these could be released.

Can NL and EC work together?

Reposting hoping to get feedback
Legion: Emperor's Children
Formation: Spear Head
Theme: Daemon Prince and his Pets

+HQ:+
Demon Prince -156 pts
--Hell sword
--Warp bolter
--Slaanesh Demon
--Warlord
--Intoxicating Elixir
--Delightful Agony (Power)

+Troops+
Daemonetts - 109 pts
--+2 Girls
--Banner
--Instrament

+Heavy Support+
Obliterators 195

Forge Fiend 195
--2 Auto Cannon
--1 Ectoplasma

Mauler Fiend 152
--Lasher Tendrils

+Flyer+
Heldrake 180

Total = 990

So? How does it look? Anything I should change out?

We do have artwork of Guilliman confronting Miia directly, plus Miia is a huge monster and the lower half of his body is a snake's, which would drive model sales.

>HQ, 4 PL
Ok.
>M6; WS2+; BS2+; S3; T3; W4; A4; Ld7; Sv5+
Why is Marbo S3 when Catachans are all S4? Is this so that we have to bring a Catachan Detachment to keep him at full power?
>12"; Pistol 3; S3; AP0; D1; This weapon always wounds INFANTRY on a 2+
Okay
>Melee; Melee; S-User; AP0; D1; This weapon always wounds INFANTRY on a 2+
Okay
>Deep Strike & Other Rules
So is this like the Genestealers and you can do this on turns 3 & 4 without losing Marbo?

Effectively a 3D6 charge is nice.
Multiple shooting phases are nice
Anti-Tank Explosives are very nice.

>Space Marine Eviscerators only come in one pose
>urge to convert a few up in different poses
>conflicted because only Assault Squads can take them and they seem shit even in BA lists
Being a conversionfag is suffering. Is there a way to make Eviscerators good or is it just a crazy dream?

Imperial Guard players are Nazis in denial FYI

anybody have experience with astra millitarum arty? I've been wanting to add some to my DKOK but between quadguns and basilisks, i have no clue as to what's good anymore

deathstrike sounds meme but fun as fuck

Thanks to the anons who suggested putting some Nuln Oil on the metallic parts of my mini. Looks much better darkened just a bit. Unfortunately this means I have to paint the rest of the backpacks with Leadbelcher and as you can see I'm not too great with getting in to the fiddly bits.

who the literal fuck is miia

Fulgrim, of course.

Play 30k Night Lords.

Why did Fulgrim turn into a snake

>Burbling swarms of Tzeentch
Horror units may add their model count as a bonus to cast smite each turn, but if they do so, they suffer a number of mortal wounds equal to the number of mortal wounds cause by their smite attack.

>time walk
Casting cost of 5/10
This power requires a roll of 5 to succeed unless the psyker has already successfully cast this power prior in this game. When successfully cast, make note of a model within 18" wounds value. When successfully cast a second time, return the chosen model to its noted wounds value. If the model has been slain previously in the battle, set it up anywhere within 3" of the caster and more than 9" away from any enemy models. If you can't, the power instead fails. Then, this psyker cannot cast this power again this game.

If you fail to cast this power after previously successfully casting it, suffer d3 mortal wounds.

>relic dagger of ajeb'zhekn-ahr
S+1 AP-1 D1
For each infantry model slain using this weapon, you may add either a pink horror, 2 blue horrors, or 2 brimstone horrors to a unit within 6" up to its maximum unit size.

He’s a demon.

Daemon Primarch Fulgrim who has a snake like lower body, and 4 arms. Because snakes are perfectly beautiful, hypnotically alluring, and cunning creatures.

What if i just collect scions and paint them in N7 armor

Not sure. I guess that's Slaanesh's thing? Might as well have asked why Leman Russ turned into an apple-loving wolf.

After his consciousness got kicked out by the demon in his blade way back in the horus heresy, he's basically become a daemonhost. Not even an ascended primarch really.
Regardless, when pushed back into the warp, his body became a twisted reflection of the slaaneshi spirit within.
Same with the other daemon primarchs really.

Isn't this an edit of a pic regarding marine players?

So he can fuck himself with the tail while fucking his enemies.

Probably one for all the armies.

30k is deder than ded in my area. I just want some Seth-wannabes.

Any comment about the Army list?

He has the Catachan keyword, so he is S4

GW did say that he could be used by other Regiments on their social media page though.

And?

>And?

2018 is said to have a xenos focus. However they may release one as a bad guy to fight them? Who knows. All I know is that there are very reliable rumors of Tau and Eldar getting updates this year.

There is also the secret plotline of GW building up and heavily hinting at a new xenos. Eldar because we see GW's own hint and Tau is one of the last 3rd party rumors from last year before GW silenced them all and the source is rock solid 99% chance of it being right.

So I don't think we'll see them this year. GW doesn't want to blow all its primarch cash all in a few years. They gonna spread it out for years to keep you hooked.

Also from GW's own mouth they also allgedly want to focus on some Xenos who haven't seen lots of love too.

So just look to Xenos and maybe the obligatory Space Marine release this year.

>a bloo bloo bloo how dare you like the nazi aesthetic

You're like those moms that got upset about their kids listening to heavy metal.

Get over it.

>Slaaneshi debauchery

Enemy units are distracted by the massive daemonette orgy going on in their midst. Subtract one from hitrolls against any Slaaneshi models within 18" of the firer.

>"Just Like In My Japanese Cartoons"

WC8, the enemy is overcome with lust and is mindcontrolled for a brief period. You may make one shooting or close combat attack with a single models from an effected unit as if it were the shooting or fight phase.

>Double-Ended Dildo of Slaanesh

Once per fight phase the character may choose to use the D-EEoS. Pick an enemy character and roll a die. On a 2+, both characters take a mortal wound. Continue rolling until one dies or you roll a 1.

So no plastic sisters?

dude don't reply to his shit, he's been sperging all day about nazi shit, nobody gives a fuck

>Guard models look like Nazis!

Yeah? Is this supposed to hurt our feelings or something? Aesthetic as fuck.

Also, in figure IG might be WWII, but in theme they are more DEUS VULT than Seig Heil.

Thanks, first answer to a question I've had all day

You know I don't think pol even wanks over the nazi look. They just talk about niggers.

The +1 Strength only happens if your in a detachment of Catachans and the Regimental Doctrine is used.

>I was recently defeated by the Guard and I can't get over my Elite warriors being defeated by hordes.

Hmmmm should be right after Codex: Duncan Marines and Squats. .

Nah, dude. They are hyping the shit out of a lot of Primarchs returning in the latest book, Ashes of Prospero or something.

At least 1 Primarch is returning next year, if not 2 (1 loyal, 1 chaos). My money is on Lion very soon, followed by either Russ or Angron.

Codex Duncan?

You mean dark eldar? Damn that's a long wait.

>that great map
>those great IG paints
>that dipshit with the half-finished mechanicus models

god I fucking hate lazy painters

I'm pretty sure they confirmed non-chalantly on whtv that they plan on releasing 2 primarchs next year. My guess is a dual release Lion and Angron.

Holy shit, just piss off into your own shitty thread and stop bothering other people.

You're forgetting someone. Ironic.

*looks at Eldar teaser image on GW's website* Okay user. Your right. I can't possibly be wrong. I'm not saying they can't release a Primarch this year possibly two. Just that the year will have a Xenos focus and all signs I've seen point to that barring drastic last minute changes at GW where they decide not to release entire sub-factions of xenos armies.

I remember when people could post guard memes and people wouldn't shit the bed like babies as if it was actually hurtful.

Oh Jesus Christ I hope they don't start releasing sub factions before giving my DE their true and rightful ruler back.

I miss you My Duke... wherever you are, my heart and drugs are with you...

>tfw that's what my army looks like because I spend forever detailing

Thought I'd run out of stuff to paint.
I was wrong.

In that case I guess we'll see Primarchs then too as well as xenos. Ah well if they are all as cool and fleshed out releases then more power to them.

My concern is that new GW changed old GW's plans in regards to xenos. I'm repeating what I've heard and seen. It could no longer be true. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised with half the 40k fanbase these days clearly not even giving a shit abut anything but muh marines the game is basically 30k mk 2.

did Perturabo get aemon-ified during the last 10k years or is he still the same brooding autist in the same power armour?

Do you like my dread?

Is someone mad? I just like posting pictures of my stuff. Relax, friend, it's the internet.

I don't want to see every second post is
>"hurr durr go to /pol/"
>"no you go to /pol/"

Deliberately stirring up shit when you know people will bite pisses me off.

Still the same. As an aspie which everyone knows Perturabo is I can confirm that we both hate change.

Does no one else at your store paint?
You always seem to be fighting grey tides or half-painted messes.

What red is that

Evil Sunz Scarlet over a coat of Mephiston Red

Good to see Ogryn! I'm not alone.

In all seriousness that's a really good looking scheme.

Well I have no idea who is getting sub-faction other than Tau since that is what the rumor says. I suspect that GW loves their mini-armies releases so they will try shoe horn them into as much factions as need be.

Who knows though DE might be minor enough to only warrant a codex. As I collect DE I'm sure hoping for something cool.

Found this old gensterlar, thought I might post it

this game against World Eaters in Night Lords armor was mostly painted...I think my game against my guard bro was also mostly painted.

I think the problem is most of the players in my store have multiple armies which they bounce between.

The blue-grey is lovely, I wonder what they used.

Can't tell what's the head or claws.

The "subfactions" will probably be Covens, Kabals and Wych Cults, since that's what we got in CA.
Not ideal, but at least it's something.

Nigger, 6 actual people came out of the woodwork to go
>S-so! I like the nazi look!
as a response to one of the oldest Veeky Forums memes still in circulation. If it hurts your feefees so much that somebody cracks wise at your army's expense on a tibetan horse breeding image board maybe you should get back to painting your 6th baneblade variant.

Bleh barely painted.

this Space Wolves game was also fully painted. Dude's been playing Space Wolves since they were just a single paragraph of fluff.

There's also a nice filter over it. Gives it a nice wartime propaganda feel.