The norse religion survives, but influenced by Christianity it becomes pretty much a monotheistic religion

>The norse religion survives, but influenced by Christianity it becomes pretty much a monotheistic religion.

Who would become the one god?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thor, probably.

Freyja get's retconned into a Virgin Mary figure, erasing the whole War, Sex and Magic thing.
Hell, most people today think she's a goddess of love and family or some shit

I’m pretty sure the all-father is unquestionably the God of this new Norse-themed religion. Justified or not, Odin would absolutely fill the role of the Christian God since they are superficially similar in iconography.

This. Odin as the God figure, Thor and Loki as his earthly messengers (think Gabriel and Michael)

Odin becomes the only god, everyone else is retconned into angels,demons, saints, ect

Oden/Odin, of course. Who would think otherwise?

My guess is:
>Everyone good becomes his kids and treated like angels and there’s a big focus on how a large family is important and what a traditional family should be
>Frost giants are demons, and basically sluts somehow. Probably never made very clear so just the “cold bad guys” sticks
>Loki becomes the earthly bad influence, probably focused around tricking women into doing dumb shit like the snake in the garden
>Thor becomes the earthly example of what all men should be, like Jesus without the equivalence to God’s divinity
>The threat of Hell is repleaced with how easy it is to be denied the good shit in heaven in early sermons
>Being chosen by God becomes being more directly related to Odin or maybe more purely related to Odin. Fate becomes more important

Depends on region.
There seems to be impications of a conflict between the Odin and Thor cults in scandinavia, in olden days.
In Svitjod and Geatland the Thor cult won out and rose to prominence, presumably due to more freemen and fewer nobles.
Norway had more petty kings and kingdoms and supposedly favoured the Odin cult and thus won out over there.

>Thor becomes the earthly example of what all men should be,

Does that work if odin is the Anathema of masculinity?

>The norse religion survives
>influenced by Christianity
Pick one.
Hail Odin.

Loki, of course.

Because this is laying pagan beliefs onto Christianity so it doesn’t particularly matter beyond saying “Thor is the good moral son, Loki is the bad immoral son” and then blaming Loki’s behavior on demons (in this case whatever frost giants become).

It’s not about being true to Norse mythology, it’s about taking what sold Christianity in the region and hammering the pegs into place to try and drum up popularity between the two.

I prefer the timeline where Buddhism took root in the West instead of Christianity, allowing for the Norse and Greek Pantheons to survive in some syncretic form possibly up til the modern day.

Maybe Baldr as Christ-like figure, whole religion shifts to a post-Ragnarok world view.

Probably an amalgamation of Odin, Thor, and Heimdal.

>influenced by Christianity it becomes pretty much a monotheistic religion
The answer's easy then. Baldur.

IN real life as the Vikings Christianized, Odin lost much of his trickster war portfolios.

Post-Ragnarok, Baldr becomes Jesus and replaces him.

>Alexander survives his disease and establishes a kingdom in India
>his son returns at head of a Greco-Buddhist army (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Buddhism) to reconquer Greece and the rest of Europe
>medieval European states form out of diadochi kingdoms, following a combination of Greek religion, ancestor worship and Buddhism
>meanwhile, Christianity and Islam become the dominant religions in East Asia and India respectively

fund it

Baldr is the obvious choice. He's pretty much already Jesus. Though I'm fond of the idea of Odin being the one god who shapeshifts into everyone else just for shits and giggles.

>Though I'm fond of the idea of Odin being the one god who shapeshifts into everyone else just for shits and giggles.
I like this.

>odin is the Anathema of masculinity
Is a meme that should finally die.

>Islam
No thanks

Baldr

He's much like Christ

user, Catholicism is already Norse religion subsumed by Christianity.

>Odin the High, a physical being who travels the land helping and experiencing the world as a man. Also sacrificed himself to himself (as Odin the Third, more on that in a minute.) to get wisdom of runes and magic, taught runes to human kind.

>Odin As High, Odin who can move around the whole world as incorporeal spirit, judges and punishes people.

>Odin The Third, Odin atop a golden throne in his gilded hall of Valhalla, his winged Valkyries doing his bidding. Created the Universe.

And then Yule is literally Christmas, which introduced the tree with ornaments and a star, lights in windows and outside house, family gatherings with feasts, gift giving, and oath making at the end of Yule (the morning of January 1st).

This is some prime neopagan bullshit that totally ignores other influences on Catholicism, and prizes the subtleties of a Norse faith over the subtleties of a Christian one.

Meh, not really. He's like christ in that everyone liked him and he died, but he didn't die for anyone's sins, there was no sacrifice or reason behind his death besides Loki being a dick. Loki is the Antagonist of the gods and everyone was having fun with Baldr's new invincibility. That's why Loki tricked Hodir into killing him because his job is to keep the other god's humble. But killing Baldr didn't humble them, Odin just had Hodir killed by another Odinson. Villi I think? It started with a V.

Not really. Divine trinities are a reoccurring theme in Norse Mythology and Odin is always part of them. The Trinity of Odin is the closest to the holy trinity of Catholicism so I used it to compare. I'm not saying Catholicism is 100% norse religion copy/pasted with some name changes, but the similarities between the two, as well as the geographical overlap paint a fairly clear picture of Norse on Catholicism.

Christianity is judaism abridged to include Isis and Mithra. Nobody knew your snow niggers even existed until 8 centuries past Jesus's death.

Baldr

We can just pretend Tacitus didn't write at length about the Germans and the Celts in 98 A.D. While we're pretending, can I have a bigger penis and a wife who still has sex with me?

>While we're pretending, can I have a bigger penis and a wife who still has sex with me?

No

Wotan is not really Odin, and while some myths survived into actual norse religion (like Iðunn/Ydun) most of the familial bonds and character roles you can equate to christianity appeared in norse folklore after Christ.

>but he didn't die for anyone's sins
That would be the necessary evolution, yes.

It's a shame norse society's often glossed over in fantasy, at best reduced to viking raiders who sometimes trade. They're always depicted as the outsider, making their actual culture and social structures irrelevant.

If you don't think Lawspeaker is the illest legal office around then get out of my face

what makes you think Christianity is monotheistic?

Heretic

I feel like this thread does not belong in Veeky Forums, but I don't know where it should be.

You'd have to change a lot more to prevent it from existing and taking root somewhere.

He is kinda more alike than baldr in the fact that both christ and baldr come back after the end of the world (ragnarok and apocalysce) and guide the people and shit like that

>Buddhist army
This is an oxymoron that couldn't exist.

>Christianity is judaism abridged to include Isis and Mithra
>t. watched the Zeitgeist movie and swallowed its bullshit whole

Gee I don't know, could it be the All-Father?

baldur. theirs a whole history already behind this with the missionaries

Literally formless Oedon straight from Bloodborne

anyone that's not a superficial retard

t. Watched Zeitgeist memevie

Uhm... Ashoka? Feudal Japan? Indochinese empires?

The World Tree, which is both the one God as well as the Universe itself.
Aesir and Vanir are angels. They're a part of the World Tree, but subgradients of it It uses to communicate with and guide humans.