Wamham 40,000 General /40kg/

Handy tips from Duncan edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=5SQlLcv81EQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8gqxOcNy-s
youtube.com/watch?v=LWnE2YSxSS0
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo
youtube.com/watch?v=KL4-bX4t20w
youtube.com/watch?v=hRR7W5-F15c
youtube.com/watch?v=qdM29VXRsM8
youtube.com/watch?v=17Ed48cMkaE
youtube.com/watch?v=S9bDoIMCSfk
youtube.com/watch?v=oo0m5ol6P2w
youtube.com/watch?v=tUQsiv41Enw
youtube.com/watch?v=lU4uXWliRTM
youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec
youtube.com/watch?v=hOvql835HcE
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg
youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns
youtube.com/watch?v=PJaW_rQIS_s
youtube.com/watch?v=SlkeURdZ8D8
youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs
youtube.com/watch?v=Azdu4lipA04
youtube.com/watch?v=iKhIQ1TL2FM
youtube.com/watch?v=CrjY_G8tO2c
youtube.com/watch?v=74p9eGwRAog
youtube.com/watch?v=dcMbNntZs60
youtube.com/watch?v=brBsNBER8Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=aqR7aepzCXc
youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4_-oRMtI
youtube.com/watch?v=mTIO3eRD81Y
youtube.com/watch?v=B5uspM2u4MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rdLETvgf1DM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for duncan

First for the last.

first for 2nd

weeb video > duncan video

>handy tips from duncan
>daily duncan isn't a duncan video

Blame GW for getting another guy.

When the Lion awakens he's clearly gonna go do some Primarch shit, who is he gonna fight? He is the Duelist after all.

PS: Thanks to OP for not being a shitposter

>Inferiority complex: the Legion

>Handy tips from Duncan edition
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8gqxOcNy-s - Planning Your Project:
youtube.com/watch?v=LWnE2YSxSS0 - Basing

Undercoating
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MOmj-D9uo - Regular Undercoating
youtube.com/watch?v=KL4-bX4t20w - Flying Stands
youtube.com/watch?v=hRR7W5-F15c - White over a black undercoat

Paints & Painting Information:
youtube.com/watch?v=qdM29VXRsM8 - General introduction to new paint range.
youtube.com/watch?v=17Ed48cMkaE - Brush Care
youtube.com/watch?v=S9bDoIMCSfk - Layer Paints
youtube.com/watch?v=oo0m5ol6P2w - Drybrush Paints
youtube.com/watch?v=tUQsiv41Enw - Shade
youtube.com/watch?v=lU4uXWliRTM - Texture Base Paints
youtube.com/watch?v=XUBtItceuec - Technical Paint Playlist

How To Paint
youtube.com/watch?v=hOvql835HcE - Necron
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg - Ultramarine
youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns - Guard (Cadian)
youtube.com/watch?v=PJaW_rQIS_s - Tyranid (Termagant)
youtube.com/watch?v=SlkeURdZ8D8 - Tyranid Speed Painting
youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs - Ork Skin
youtube.com/watch?v=Azdu4lipA04 - Dark Eldar Wrack

Vehicles
youtube.com/watch?v=iKhIQ1TL2FM - Marine Rhino
youtube.com/watch?v=CrjY_G8tO2c - Catachan Tank Camo
youtube.com/watch?v=74p9eGwRAog - Cadian Tank Camo
youtube.com/watch?v=dcMbNntZs60 - Not Duncan video. V Good tutorial for Guard tank.

Specific Things:
youtube.com/watch?v=brBsNBER8Bc - Firey Sword
youtube.com/watch?v=aqR7aepzCXc - Regular sword
youtube.com/watch?v=u7e4_-oRMtI - Force Sword
youtube.com/watch?v=mTIO3eRD81Y - Pale Skin
youtube.com/watch?v=B5uspM2u4MQ - Sand base
youtube.com/watch?v=rdLETvgf1DM - Urban Base

Iron Within
Iron Without

2018, lads. Don't let retards who misinterpret ADB's comments tell you otherwise.

Fulgrim, he's the only Primarch whose a competent duelist next to the Lion.

Probably practice his sword play first.

Bumping this for visibility, so people don't arrive with pic related at the table for their oh so needed -1 to hit

Dark Eldar>Biel Tan>Harlequins>>>>>Alaitoc>Saim Hann>>>>>Ulthwe>Ynnari

Probably his own fears of homosexuality.

Even though Vanqs are bad, I really want one of these.
Just look at this gun.

Same with Guilliman, they'd probably let Morty stands on his way so Guilliman can comes and saves his ass.

Man > Relevant Xenos (Nids) > Used to be Relevant Xenos (Eldar) > Wish they were Relevant Xenos (Orks) > Irrelevant Xenos (Tau)

Most of the Drukhari army is web store exclusive.

How worried should I be?

I understand finecast being web store exclusive but the Razorwing Jetfighter and the Ravager? Literally the main workhorse heavy support choice of the army is webstore exclusive.
Also Reavers and hellions. Granted, the Reavers are in the start collecting box.

>he thinks a bunch of bitter literal who's will be released before the cult legions

Nth for your Tau waifu is shit.

Should I put the Icon on one Chosen or the Chosen Champion?

Pro Champion:
>Better solution in game
>Looks cooler and makes him more recognizable

Pro Chosen
>Backpack is plastic, so it will glue better (I use the icon on the vehicle sprue on top of the backpack)
>I can remove the model from the squad if they change the rules in the future and I don't want to bring it anymore (right now I always bring it)

There's no Necromunda General, so I ask here:

What gang is most like the bandits from STALKER, and how could I model them?

Luther. Then another 10k years of sleeping.

>Towed Eartshakers are now more expensive than Basilisks

I'm glad I didn't buy any.

>misinterpret ADB's comments tell you otherwise
How is "only armless and Be'lecuck are the only undivided" that hard to understand?

There is a general sometimes but I'd say probably Orlock or Delaque.

Everytime I play this guy, he gets rekt in style. Is chibi-Sanguinius worth his 170 points ?

>Word Bearers
>Not undivided

My fucking sides

ADB just keeps on digging that hole

What would have gone differently if Dark Angels had been the traitors and Alpha Legion the loyalists?

Iyanden don't even make your list ;_;

He has the character keyword, if he’s dying before getting into combat then you fucking suck.

Duncan edition? Time for everyone to post their WIP's. I just finished basecoating this thing. Next up is a coat of agrax.

About 75% less chaos cults popping up on random worlds, and Abbadon would be getting outsmarted even more than he already is.

Every army needs a fire magnet user

How are you using him? He seems excellent for supporting assault troops with his +1 attack aura, and being able to fall back and still charge means he's always gonna attack first in your own fight phase.

That's immaculate user. You should be proud.

My favorite is that he doesn't give what they are just what they are not meaning that he doesn't actually have an explanation for the WB and IW, and it seems like GW really didn't think through getting rid of undivided.

I recently read Fifteen Hours, being pretty new to 40k lore, and I kinda dug the whole "faction represented through a completely green recruit who gets thrown into it" thing.

What's Black Library's Space Marine equivalent for Fifteen Hours? If I want a story of some backwater bumfuck bumpkin kid who gets put into Space Marine recruitment and is made into a superhuman warrior of the Emperor, which book should I read?

I'm willing to bet there are more than one or two of these.

In a Stormraven filled with Death Company dudes. I've only played this combo twice. His buff is useful, but both times he's failed to take out the enemy warlord (Typhus in one occasion, Urien Rakarth in the other) after charging them.
Guess I didn't have much luck, I think this combo has some potential. Both times the DC unit following the Sanguinor ravaged everything in its path though.

Working on the WAAAAAGH banner for my Orks. I like how it's turning out so far, but I think I might change the eyes and teeth on the purple part to white. The black isn't showing up as well.

I'd imagine there would be more guard stories about rookies than Space Marine novels. I'd imagine novels through the eyes of a Space Marine scout would be what your looking for though since they tend to be initiats.

>Going for the 1v1

Ah, that's the issue. Never go for a fair fight unless there is no other option. Make sure there are at least some Death Company 'cheering him on' by beating his opponent up with thunderhammers or something.

Space Marine.
Space Wolf for the wolf flavour.

Damnation Crusade is sorta like that for a third of the story

The Ragnar Blackmane books cover that aspect fairly well. So does the novel titled "Space Marine" though its a bit older so some of the lore is a bit different when compared to newer stuff.

Just a moment ago, I kitbashed a female Space Marine champion using a Stormcast Eternal Knight-Heraldor body, assorted marine parts and a female head from a WHFB wood elf (Ears clipped).

I'm 100% going to put it in my Space Marine army. How heretical is this?

Post pics

Get out

>this much effort for a mayme
smhtbqhfam

Nice baito user

Unless you act like a fag about having a female space marine then I don't see many people caring aside from the occasional autist

Someone's bailing on bitcoin and getting into the (you) market I see...

Show pics.

Double checked plus a beautiful arm. Omnissiah bless you user

>Stormcast Eternal Knight-Heraldor body

Why the sculpted man body?

I suffered over that choice for weeks trying to choose between best looking and best shooting tank for my kriegers. Ended up just picking another army entirely. It would take such a small change to make them worthwhile. Even just upping the strength and AP by one.

Hes only worth it with the Warlord tag with a group of 10 Sanguinary Guard but just taking an Ancient as your Walord for them is arguably better since they don't really need an extra attack and can take overchargable plasma pistols for 30 more points anyway.

Just a reminder that any iron warriors update will never top this old style.

New Abaddon model when?

I'm surprised it hasn't happened already with all the BL wank that GW has been doing but I guess they are waiting for all the cult legions first.

I picked one of these up in my last GW order

IRON WITHIN!

They probably don't know what to do with him because he's supposed to be the leader of Chaos and compared to Guilliman and the Daemon primarchs he's just a little bitch boi

If Abaddon didn't get one for Gathering Storm, then he will never ever get another one.

That was his moment.

>DA CODEX:
>tfw you find out this isn't Ork related at all.

According to the fluff Abbadon is suppose to be hueg, but sadly he's had such a tiny model for so long now GW probably forgot about that because of all the memes.

This

So how likely are we to find out what the bloody misericordia is supposed to be?

Hahaha

They didn't forget to include half the 7th edition FAQ's if we're lucky

They literally told us exactly what it is.

They read the changes on livestreaming with the bloody thing in their hands.

Is the vanquisher viable for a tank commander?
I used it a couple of times in 7th and just really like the look of it.

What's the best all-rounder leman russ turret these days? Standard battle cannon?

Best leman russ gun is the punisher for everything but heavy vehicles, and even then it's comparable to the battle cannon or plasma thing. Put that on a tank commander re-rolling ones or even better on pask and it will be better than any other option.

Ooh
What is it then?

standard battle cannon is shit

punisher is the only really viable one desu, it covers all bases thanks to its 40 shot output

Bump

So are rapiers borderline useless this edition?

I feel like with guard BS, a point increase and only 1 shot it's kind of a one trick pony that might not even be able to perform before it dies.

Thanks, will check these out. Other than Space Marines, what books are generally considered the good stuff from Black Library? Especially if I'm pretty new to 40K lore (I mostly know anything about it from vidya and lurking Veeky Forums threads) and want to find out more?

Regular battle cannon is pretty good. The double tap made it way better

Word Bearers trilogy
First book of the Grey Knights trilogy
Eisenhorn and Ravenor books

It's 7th edition with a few changes.

Invisibility is gone and replaced with another power, every model can now use the grenades in melee again, and another few minor changes.

I'm sure the shitty rumour sites have the complete list.

Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain series are good too.

Why only the first one?

>Abbadon is suppose to be hueg
He's just a normal marine in terminator armor who doesn't want to be a daemon prince. Unless the dark mechanicus makes him some cool new shit I doubt he'll be as big as Guilliman.

What does Veeky Forums thinks Forge World is going to release before 2017 ends?

More custodes?

HH heroes?

Or... a primarch?

Because the second and third are shit. Second gives lots of cool looks at Dark Mechanicus shit but the story is just rubbish...

I got the start collecting Craftworlds box, should I make the wraiths into wraith guards or wraith blades? I'm playing Biel-Tan

The guard one might be, I love my CSM one

He's as big as Horus.

It'll be more space marine shit and nothing actually interesting

More dreadnoughts, maybe some tanks. It's FW

A big boy

In the HH books he is described a fucking huge,even before wearing the terminator armor

Just give them a helping of Imperial PRIMEBEEF

What do you think?

Jesus how horrible