How to deal with THAT DM

Alright, so, i got invited into a campaign (3.5e) with an established group with a homebrew setting they've been playing.

Then he hands me the list of the races.

Long story short, together with classic races and normal beastfolk we have... yeah.

Now i could be a bigger man and just leave, but the problem is, i don't want to be a bigger man here. So, i'm not very good at 3.5 optimization, so i need your advice, Veeky Forums.

I need a character who can reliably genocide the entire species. Not sure if DM will allow this, but from what i heard from other players he's playing fair. So, maybe i'll pull this off. Maybe not. But at least i maybe make some people reconsider putting fucking catgirls in fantasy games.

Other advice also welcome, i guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

pathguy.com/cg35.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I got owltism

>i need your advice, Veeky Forums.
don't play D&D.

Starting at level 1?

DM sure got.

>durr

Level 8.

Be the bigger man and let someone in who will actually enjoy the game rather than ruin someone else's enjoyment.

Your wasting your time and everyone else's.

But i will enjoy purging filthy nonbhumans.

Besides, DM got normal beastfolk, so he may still be not beyond salvation.

Look man. Your DM worked hard to write up a session for the players to enjoy. If you have an issue with him/her then speak to your DM about it. If you have no interest in playing his game, then leave. Go start/play a game without furries and leave other people alone to have their objectively wrong fun.

they arent that dm, you're that guy

Yeah, pretty much this.
OP, what you're essentially asking is "How do I be That Guy?"

If it's not your kind of game, just don't join.

Do the one thing he can't control ingame.

Leave and don't play with him again.

>le purge xD

You are a bigger faggot than your DM, I hope another player punches you in the throat

Tabaxi?

If you wanna be dick thats on you, but
maybe something like this can help u
pathguy.com/cg35.htm

He is not THAT dm you are That guy, you are going into the game with the intention of ruining things for the dm or players. Now go make a furry cat rouge and try to have fun.

no.
LITERAL catgirls (female and male). Humans with ears and tail.

That's cool, but i don't need chargen, i need advice on hardcore optimization. Something that has contingency plans growing out of contingency plans.

If that helps, his race has almost no magical ability, but are physically strong and dexterous and are a militaristic empire, so i will be fighting mostly antimagic-outfitted martials.

>Other advice also welcome, i guess.

Instead of ruining a game learn a skill.

Different people have fun in different ways. Don't be That Guy, realize that they are allowed to have different opinions.
Leaving is an option.
Just playing a normal character is, as well. Whatever, there's cats.
If you want to play but cannot ignore the existence of cats for whatever reason, then rather than attempting genocide, make someone who is distrustful (distrustful does not mean 'kills on sight') of them for legitimate reasons.
Attempting feline genocide will not work unless for whatever reason the GM felt forced to include them. Your attempt will like as not amount to nothing, the repercussions ignored after one night of annoyance if the GM doesn't just flat out say no, and you will have wasted your time.

Play catgirl diplomancer and lead your race towards suicide through powerful adversary.
You can also work on optimizing yourself out of being piece of shit.

Why don't you be an adult and talk to the GM about it if it's something that bothers you?

Jesus fucking Christ OP, let the DM have his little race, as long as you aren't forced to walk directly into his Magical Realm you shouldn't be bitching about 20% furries.

Purge your severe autism first.

>Your attempt will like as not amount to nothing, the repercussions ignored after one night of annoyance if the GM doesn't just flat out say no, and you will have wasted your time.

See, here's exactly why i have hope. He, from what i heard, is a permissive DM and likes things getting off the rails. So as long as i give other players reasonable incentive to hate the catgirl race, we most likely could do it.

As for ignoring, i dunno, it will still bug me. Like, you have actually pretty cool setting and then there's race that belongs only to hentai manga.

The most important here is don't be a piece of shit and don't spoil other people's fun, you fucking trash pile.

Join the game, really role-playing hard, make yourself an essential part of it, and after about six months, kill yourself. Your friends will be so busy grieving you they'll stop the game entirely because it reminds them of you, therefore putting a stop to this badwrongfun they're having.

Seriously consider suicide. Also, for the love of Christ hold shift when you type I, you fucking twelve year old.

Play as a catboy barbarian.
Not kidding, this is a much better and more fun solution. The DM will think that people who will choose the catboy/catgirl species will all be kawaii, but instead you play as a muscle bound and manly catman who does man stuff like drink ale and arm wrestle.

Also play him as someone who doesn't like other members of his species (he's an outcast, his only friends were human).

I'm 90% sure this is bait, but you sound just autistic enough to actually be genuine.

So you're saying he should play this, then.

>Catboy barbarian
That's actually fairly standard for that race, so it won't do.

However, this gives me the idea. I could play someone who THINKS all of his catgirls act like obnoxious weebtrash and in doing so, sour him on including animu catpeople forever.

Needs more anime.

>t. Obnoxious weebtrash
You're not supposed to be playing yourself.

If that's fairly standard for the race, then the only one thinking of them as kawaii uguu catgirls is you, and thus you want to ruin someone's stuff because of your own preconceptions.
Because anything feline and humanoid OBVIOUSLY can only be part of a hentai manga, as you've noted.

No, wait, this is genius. This is actually fucking gold.

I'm not gonna throw a tantrum against his race. No.

I'm gonna hit harder. Hit GM's very soul. I'm going to show him that, no matter how much care he puts into the race, all people are going to see is anime stereotype kawaii uguu catgirls.

Jesus christ, this is evil. This is going to work and this will work even without me becoming THAT GUY.

Thank you, Veeky Forums, this is more than i could hope for.

hey feline creatures can be added to a setting properly, look at the khajit

but the fact is, OPs imaginary dm literally called them "catgirls", even though there are two sexes, even tohugh the tabaxi already exist. its just a fetish/weeaboo thing.

you people need to stop trying to give flimsy justifications to insert your fap material into games. people see through it, and its creepy as hell.

Sorry then he isn't that GM
your just that guy

Or you can stop pretending you don’t think with your dick too and get over it.

No Ajani is full beastfolk, this

Okay. Okay. Let me get this straight. On the incredibly unlikely assumption that any of this exists you:
>Were (presumably) amicably invited to play with an already established group with a homebrew that they have all been playing and thus (presumably) enjoy to some extent
>are possessed with such powerful autism that what sounds like a fairly minor part of said homebrew somehow completely ruins the game for you before you have ever actually sat down to play it
>Instead of just declining playing the game like a reasonable human being you decide to ruin it for all people involved. For no reason.
>Proceed to complain that someone else is being That Guy

You sound like an absolutely transcendent faggot.

That was without a doubt, we are only here to judge the calibre of faggot he is

Thinking with dick is fine; inserting catgirls into a serious setting is not.

>i do it
>therefore everyone else does it
You sound like a 3 year old kid without theory of mind. No wonder you include all your shitty fetishes in games, autist

>I don't like it
>Therefore nobody else is allowed to like it
Hello, Mr. Pot: You're a nigger.

i never said dont like it, i just said dont insert your fetish shit into a game other people are trying to play. take that crap to an erpg where it should be

since you're literally autistic, let me explain this for you. people dont like spending time around fat greasy neckbeards as they make others take part in their little fetish crap. maybe if you knew this, you wouldnt repel every woman who is unfortunate enough to have to endure you

you really are a moron if you cant understand the distinction

>hold shift when you type I
This

>i just said dont insert your fetish shit into a game other people are trying to play
Who the fuck said anything about this? This whole thread is about OP joining a pre-existing group who already had this shit in their game, and were apparently okay with it.

>i don't want to be a bigger man here

>solving game problems in-game
>not talking to people
>joining an existing game and ruining it because you don't like it

Are you this much of a faggot about other things or just games, OP?

OPs dm did it, retard. if he wanted an actual feline race, he'd have included tabaxi or something. making a race explicitly called catgirls is just fetish shit.

since youve already forgotten what i said 2-3 posts ago im just going to assume youre too retarded to hold a conversation lasting more than 5 minutes and go. enjoy being a moron and using your imagination as a substitute for the void you call your "love life"

I am going to put catgirls in all settings from now on, just because of you, OP.
They will be treated entirely seriously. Sometimes they'll even have males, other times they'll be entirely female, maybe they'll be crazy science experiments, I don't give a shit. But they'll be there, lurking.
Because it gives massive faggots aneurysms.

Is it just catpeople or solely...cat*females*

The former is a little furry but somewhat acceptable. The latter is kinda retarded

I like the way you think.

So.. you're mad that the DM made a bullshit anime race (although upon closer inspection it sounds like they're...barbarians?) So to punish him you're... going to play some weeaboo shit?

OP, you don't need our permission to play a kawaii catgirl. Just talk to your GM, I'm sure he'd allow it.

>without me becoming THAT GUY

too late

Ha! I don’t even play tabletop games! I just lack a life. Jokes on you.

Catpeople.

>all these replies calling me THAT GUY
I admit, I might be a bit... but
>it's okay when weebs do it

Is it serious?

Also doesn't Star Wars have a cat race? And Everquest? Lots of shit has cat races.

Also ctarl ctarls are great.

You're not an rpg vigilante. Just move on with your fucking life. Why do you want to make a group of happy people miserable? Who are you to be handing out life lessons?

So general question for the thread-

What’s better or worse in your mind and for what reason?

Furry beastfolk?
Or weaboo nekomimi?

Because either way I think someone’s autism will get triggered.

You know, when you've already been called out for your shitty typing it would help if you at least make the attempt to type differently when pretending to be another person. Also, since I guess we're not being the "bigger man" here:

>OPs dm did it, retard. if he wanted an actual feline race, he'd have included tabaxi or something. making a race explicitly called catgirls is just fetish shit.

>Alright, so, i got invited into a campaign (3.5e) with an established group with a homebrew setting they've been playing
>>established group with a homebrew setting they've been playing
Nobody's forcing anything on anyone. You're just a sperg who joined a game you knew in advance you wouldn't like.

No, no, I'm gonna play a normal character. I'll just assume every catperson we meet is a weeb-ass stereotype and act accordingly. Then we'll see who breaks first.

No, people are calling you that for being a fucking moron and not bailing your dumb ass when it's clear you should.
THAT'S why you're That Guy.

I didn't knew it in advance. Elevator pitch for the setting sounded great.

I just didn't expect they would take "Play whatever you want, we've got a lot of races" so far.

Some new fuck coming into an existing setting that did not have anime cat people and forcing in anime cat people without the rest of the group's agreement would also be a THAT GUY.
Which is a huge difference from a preexisting group that has, for whatever reason (and what reason that is is entirely irrelevant) decided that their setting has catpeople.
Someone in a group that does things nonweeby being weeby is being THAT GUY. Someone in a group that does things weeby trying to force everyone else to not be weeby is similarly being THAT GUY.

Right, you'll be playing an isekai protagonist.

Then I dunno, say "Never mind guys I changed my mind I'd rather not play"? You apparently knew it far enough in advance to walk away from it if you're asking for advice on how to build a character.

>beastfolk we have... yeah.
leave game
block phone number
>I don't want to be a bigger man here
poo through letterbox, at later date

Doesn't matter.

As long as their lore isn't retarded or in-your-face fetishy, as long as their culture is interesting and they have place in the world and as long as they can survive as a race without GM fiat protecting them, i do not care how much fur your beastfolk race has.

Pic related.

They're both fine, really. I think nekomimi is more fun but beastfolk probably are better at conveying a serious tone for the uninitiated. Not to say that you can't do so with nekomimi, but apparently people have preconceived notions about nekomimi.

Dog Days's setting would make an outstanding silly high fantasy campaign.

You out enough effort into anything it can be good. Not necessarilly for everyone, but of decent quality.

Nekomimi have a higher chance of triggering people. Furry hate has mostly become old hat and started to die off, but hate of anything that smells even slightly of anime still runs strong in certain sections of the tabletop community.

Yeah gotta agree.

I prefer the nekomimis, because I’m not a furry (no hate to those who are) and find them more attractive to look at, both sexually, and aesthetically, and if it’s fantasy why not? But yeah a guy with a look for a face screams fantasy a good deal louder.

So why not just, y'know, bow out the game instead of trying to ruin it for everyone else?

Because I know what's going to happen, you're going to waste your time and humiliate yourself for nothing than to show a bunch of random spergs that you have no long standing relationship with why they shouldn't use catfolk in their campaign, even though you're the outsider.

For me, there's a sort of "uncanny valley" thing going.

I like catgirls/nekomimi just fine, though I wouldn't want them in every setting.

I like cats that think they're people and dress up and walk on their hind legs. Puss in Boots, like. But they won't really work in all settings either.

It's the in-between stages that are fuzzy.

I don't at all like "actual human bodies with actual animal heads grafted on". It rarely looks right and freaks me out on some level.

I don't mind the way Breath of Fire does beastfolk. (Pic related.) The blend is right for me and the lack of realism helps.

All of that said - I don't police what other people like. I just move on.

>What’s better or worse in your mind and for what reason?
At their absolute worst? Furries. Worst case scenario catgirls are generally just eye-roll inducing weeb shit, but more often than not it's the furries that take it to the really weird territory.

That being said I agree with . so long as there's at least some modicum of effort put into them I'm probably not going to complain.

Actual pic related.

Find a new GM
And stop playing D&D

AT least you correctly identified the problem.

You are for sure that guy.

My setting doesn't have tabaxi, because I don't like the way they look. We also don't have halflings.

Instead, we have catfolk, ie: nekomimi style catgirls and catboys. They are the combination of tabaxi and halflings.

We theoretically have shifters who can have a tabaxi-like form, but it's not come up yet.

OP is a That Guy loser and possibly also a troll.

>You know, when you've already been called out for your shitty typing it would help if you at least make the attempt to type differently when pretending to be another person
stopped reading there. i never pretended to be anyone else, retard. learn to read

i really feel sorry for your mum. i can understand why she'd be an alcoholic now, but when she was pregnant with you seems a bit premature-- or maybe your father is her brother. no one can be this stupid

>waaahh i don't like this thing!
Maybe you should grow the fuck up. If you don't like it than don't join the game. Don't try and ruin it for everyone else you shithead.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, my man.

Where do something like the Khajiit fall for you?

Not him, but you have no idea you are completely and utterly severely autistic, do you? Again, don't be a piece of shit and stop trying to ruin other people's fun, you obnoxious weebtrash of a dumpster fire.

says the guy who uses a combination of his right hand and fantasies of animal creatures to replace the love life he never has, or will, have :^)

>weebtrash
i dont watch childrens cartoons or insert shitty fetish creatures into my games for sexual release. maybe you should go outside and talk to a woman or something, might help ya mate

I have actual friends and lots of friends unlike you, maybe you should do just that. Because it really shows you're completely socially deficient and have extreme difficulty talking to women.

How on Earth is this thread still going on?

youre welcome to tell yourself these little lies mate but if they were true, you wouldnt be so sexually frustrated you had to insert your fetishes into games.

keep telling yourself that though :^)

Looking at screenshots from the game, I'd say Uncanny Valley nope territory. Looking at drawn art, like the attached picture, I'm okay with them. Probably wouldn't play one, but would probably draw art for a player in my group who did.

Fun?
Fair.

Catgirl(male)?

Do you actually like to wallow in your delusions? I never said anything about your fetishes, I only said that you shouldn't ruin other people's fun and shouldn't be a piece of shit. Maybe you should stop listening to the voices in your head and get some actual friends, you should actually go out into public even if people find you repungant and actually try to talk to women even if they will scream and recoil in horror at the sight of you.

no u

20 bucks says this loser doesn't even play games. Just like 90% of Veeky Forums.

Oh and btw, saying "I have sex!" is a great way to point out you're a virgin.

>3.5e
Go wizard or cleric, faceroll everything

>I never said anything about your fetishes
you really are a bit simple arent ya mate? this isnt about my fetishes because i have the good sense to keep that shit to myself. creepy fuckers like you who "subtly" insert them and then get creepy whenever they come up in game are whats wrong.

> I only said that you shouldn't ruin other people's fun
couldnt give two shits if people wanna play out their bestiality fetishes on some shitty erpg, and other people inserting fetish shit into a game makes people uncomfortable, and ruins their fun. how can you not understand this? are you really so socially stunted that you cant even understand the concept that other people dont want to endure your creepy fetish crap

id say "please dont reproduce" but honestly i think thats a bit superfluous at this point

Are you actually capable of understanding words and their meanings or do you like to be severely delusional and autistic? The fact you protest so much about this proves this fetish is yours and yes, your fetish is completely and utterly creepy. You'd want to get that looked at.

Your blathering diabtre in your next "point" is completely about yourself, why do you have such an intense dislike of yourself?
You'll one day recognize and understand what it means to interact with actual people in the real world, until then please do revel in your social deficiencies, you severely autistic neckbeard.

The puma twins are here, your argument is invalid.

>Are you actually capable of understanding words and their meanings or do you like to be severely delusional and autistic? The fact you protest so much about this proves this fetish is yours and yes, your fetish is completely and utterly creepy. You'd want to get that looked at.

>this guy dislikes other people inserting fetishes into fantasy games played with other, usually unattractive overweight people with no sense of hygiene
>therefore he must be projecting
pretty much the equivalent of a kids "i know you are but what am i". grow up bud, just because people dont want to deal with your creepiness doesn't mean they're projecting. stopped reading there, if youre just going to make shit up theres no point.

but hey, enjoy your anthropomorphized cats, nothing creepy about wanting to fuck something with animal features at all :^)