What sort of martial arts would be proper for women of noble upbringing?

What sort of martial arts would be proper for women of noble upbringing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Chun
youtube.com/watch?v=xg9Y6TkGiSA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-bugeisha
youtube.com/watch?v=x3MEwNkRlps
youtube.com/watch?v=-GJsld9IVjU
youtube.com/watch?v=8F8rtzXIRSk
youtube.com/watch?v=tpDmcxOSuas
youtu.be/hg_aBgb5i8s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A gun.

Victorian Guffawing, followed by Manservant-Jiu-Jiutsu

The most noble of martial arts.

Practical Shotgun.

Gun Kata

Judo, also Fencing.

you put it in your image, Bartitsu was learned by a lot of women in Victorian London as a means of self-defence, especially by suffragettes

pic related shows you what some people thought of this at the time

My history is sloppy but, if your looking for a real life equivalent. Chun Wing is a Chinese Kung Fu meant to be used when your opponent is stronger and my physically imposing then yourself. In legend it was first mastered by a woman and has long held the stigma of a woman style.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing_Chun

for visual reference for a game, Wing Chun is used by the main character of the Ip Man trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=xg9Y6TkGiSA

>How to fall
We actually learned this in MMA a while back. It's surprisingly important, considering the kinds of injuries you can get just by falling in the wrong way. It can mean the difference between pain, fractures, and brain injury.

I know Veeky Forums hasn't been actually about traditional games for a long time, but holy fuck

This
Hell, they actually did make guns specifically for woman, called them muff pistols (because they were supposed to be concealed in those hand muffs upper class women used to wear, not any kind of sexual innuendo)

wanna see my muff pistol???

if the author of Manly Guys is to be believed, there's legit Pillow fighting leagues and standard tactic is basically "smother opponent and punch them through the pillow, it still counts as 'hit with pillow'."

I unironically read that as ''marital arts'' first.

>marital arts

>heh, she has no way of confirming whether I actually had a hard time at work
>there's no way I'm taking out the garbage now
>huh?!
>she saw through the excuse, but is moving for a forceful breakthrough anyway - !
>that power !

I mean, if I was around in Victorian London I wouldn't have high opinions of Suffragettes either.

That's more or less the impression I got upon researching the league, but also that they're all defunct forever.

The same as a man. Having tits and a vagina doesn't mean a sword through the brain stops working.

badass.
post more plz.

I need noble ladies smoking weed for reasons.

That one that involved parasol fighting.

Also alot of suffragettes trained in Judo because they got the absolute dogshit knocked out of them by the cops after the first few protests.

It's sad, but such is life when the only mod you have is the automated report-based janitor.

Naginata and Longbow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onna-bugeisha

That toplessness had a reason, incidentally - medicine not being the greatest, the last thing you want in your wounds is any cloth that may or may not be clean

Submission holds.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3MEwNkRlps

Okay, I'm laughing. Is the series worth watching?

Bartitsu, Aikido, Savate, Wing Chun,

A pointing finger, so that her 200 pound swordsman knows where to stick his three foot long knife.

It's okay-good. Pretty short too.

This is the only answer

Four martial arts nobody should ever use or learn!

The same arts of war as all the other noble-born hussars learn - pistol shooting, sword fighting; looting, drinking, ravishing etc.

But muh -4 strength...

Yes, you'll soon be swarmed with a bunch of idiots claiming no woman can do anything ever.

No, but it does mean you are on average a fraction as strong as your opponent and don't posses the necessary strength to win.

Does riding for war and fighting count as a martial art, or is it just covered under riding?

yeah, how could this piece of backstory of a noble be in any way related to Player or Non-Player Characters in traditional games?

Non-hussar waifus are available

not a fan of the no-huge-skull-look

congrats on your brilliant inb4

If you say so.

Using a lance (the weapon, not any innuendo) is an extra skill, right?

How do you feel about funny hats at a jaunty angle?

The same martial arts all people of noble upbringing practice.
College ball

I mean, duh.

All these girls are well versed in using riding crops

I spent too much time on the internet to not think this was the author's fetish or something.

>when you want to combine military regalia and high fashion for the least comfortable clothes ever.

Thus ends my collection of noble ladies from a modern warrior society (with the exception of a couple of pictures of a young Queen Elizabeth I guess)

A brief turn to the doa wiki leaves me with one answers. Noble women are still likely to be constrained by appearances and notions of ladylike behaviour. So hard strike or judo related styles would be out of the question.
>Pigua quan
>ladylike in flailing style of strikes and slide moves can be charitably called dancing
>low barrier to entry and therefore not strenuous for the lady
Plus it looks kinda neat

I'm a chick who practices edge alignment. I can tell you that strength has nothing to do with how far you can bite into bone. Nor does it have anything to do with how well you can throw or submit.

I went to a few Wing Chun classes, but like most things that require disciplined practise I got bored pretty quickly, but our Sifu was a woman, and apparently the style was designed for women, but naturally was also pretty good for men.

The core concept as I was taught is that you rely more on mechanical superiority through stance and positioning rather than muscle, because the style assumes you dont have as much as your opponent.

Bruce Lee was a practitioner, I am told

Someone beat me too it. I should learn to read.

Man, it's such a weird thought to think of elegant ladies learning the Oriental arts of self-defence. I guess Pride and Prejudice and Zombies wasn't so far off the mark.

Whenever Japan and the west as met, both seem to fall in love with each other again. Weaboos and Westaboos are a tale as old as time.

Judo or jiu-jitsu. Substitute the two with whatever highly technical grappling equivalent you'd like in your setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=-GJsld9IVjU
youtube.com/watch?v=8F8rtzXIRSk
youtube.com/watch?v=tpDmcxOSuas

On the other hand, attackers and learning means to defend yourself from them exist since the first two beings met.
Makes sense that a young lady would want to know how to efficiently defend against some creep.

>Le -4 Str maymay
Gee, it only took what? 20 posts to get here?

Xenophilia is a fairly common (and useful, for things like fresh genes and fusion food) trait really

Why?

Because he's being contrarian.

Super Bajiquan

>meme

its reality

Yes user, sure, it's reality. Of course.

Yes, Knight Betalord. It's reality.

Yes, but it's also an oversimplification in this case. A fight isn't determined purely by how hard each person hits. The one with more DEX is going to take fewer hits, the one with more CON can take more hits before dropping, and the one with more skill is going to either dodge better or hit more often depending on what it's skill in. And that's not factoring luck or initial condition (perhaps someone is tired or drunk).

The average female human is smaller and less strong than the average male human. So Roberta the fighter is going to be a bit weaker physically than if she were Robert the fighter. I think it was dumb to have put that into the rules for PC stats, especially in a game where you're usually allowed to fiddle with those stats at character creation. But it did encourage female characters to be more DEX focused than STR focused, and that's realistic. And that brings us to the other meme of realism in a game with dragons and fireball spells.

I don't think anyone yet has mentioned Three Stooges Style. Hardly lady-like, but in dire straits one does what one must. Poke in the eyes, bitch slap, laces to balls, and then out the window.

The art of the tactical slap.
youtu.be/hg_aBgb5i8s

-4 STR can still jab pointy bit of metal through a skull

>Le beta maymay
To quote - "I am not a man"

>and that's realistic
In what way? And I'm asking sincerely here.
Because it's as much bull as -4 Str.

Maybe you are not a man but you are still a dumb bitch

>If you aren't stupid cunt quoting stupid game rules as reality, then you are a beta
Do you even interact with other females than your mother, if even that? Must be really, really fucking hard to be a virgin in current era and at your age, but your coping technique is really bad and only futher sending you away from your goal.

Why can't I stop laughing at this?

But yeah:
Any society, especially society that still relies on feudal structure, that either wants or has to train their daughters in martial arts on any level other than utter exception is already screwed beyond any help.

Any more bright thoughts to share? I guess is right

I can deal with funny hats at a jaunty angle

>VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Get a new insult, this one wore out years ago, sweetie.

This is not /r9k/, mate

Sound the horns, Betalord Order leads the charge!

You do realize there's more settings than 40 cakes and Faggotron Realms, right?

Still works on actual beta fags like you, so why should I change it?
Seriously, get laid. It helps in 9 out of 10 cases to knock out the whole bullshit. In the remaining cases you would be at least capable of shrugging off the virgin mark.

>biting to the bone
>anything on a fantasy setting

oh, right right, I forgot this isn't Veeky Forums, carry on woman.

Naginata-jutsu

Imagine being this deep into being unloved, lonely faggot that you latch at anyone in a position any way or degree better than yours. And like I've said, this is not /r9k/

Being a white knight to /co/mblrinas won't get you laid. It's shocking, I know.

Are girls rally this easy to trigger by hearing the truth? I'm sorry you were born weak and will never, no matter how much you train, be stronger than men, but hey, yeah, my virginity, the one I lost 12 years ago, is indeed the issue.

Please explain to us all what dismissing -4 Str had to do with white-knighting. Or why do you keep assuming I'm a guy

No need to project your insecurities on me. I've never been to /r9k/, sister.

Jumping in, aight, look, right... Depending on your genetics, eating habits, and training you could be a 5'1 man at 90 lbs, or a 5'11 woman at 160 and solid .

If you think for a second that inherently, that amazon is going to lose 10/10, you are wrong as shit.

Especially once those factors are in, and the woman does have fighting experience and the man does not. He will be crushed.

Genetics is a random ass grab, but as crossfit[Vomits internally], has shown us, it doesn't actually take too long for a woman to actually be able to pack on quite a bit of muscle.

Add in a good and well rounded training regiment with Dat creatine and protein, and really, the difference becomes nominal.

What is most important is nutrition, fitness, and knowledge.

With the fattening happening, it really isn't much for a female to get fucking swole, start MMA, and really be able to bop the shit out of a good portion of dudes .

At this day and age a woman not being strong is really a choice, not a consequence.

So you've been raped in your pre-teens? Tough one, mate.
Plus I'm not her.

Nevermind you are just /co/mblrina. So many (You)s wasted on basic bitch.

Still act like a regular, so what's the difference? It's like saying "But I'm not retarded", solely because you never been diagnosed as one, but still acting the part.

Oh, right, because expainations are sooo tough to make, Mr I'm Stronger, Faster, Smarter And Totally Not Virgin.
Sad.

Whatever you say, sister

And we are having in the meantime a thread about That Guy continously bitching about his imaginary That DM, baiting for over 150 replies. so my congratulations

Women are unsurpassed at tantrum throwing - "noble", wealthy ones in particular. May be this should be their martial art of choice?

Come on, tough guy. Show us all your grand knowledge about the subject of -4 Str. I mean if it's real, why you suddenly can't say anything about it, aside getting defensive and dismissive?

Judo, wrestling, systems with strangulation and crushing.
Basically any of the 'engulfing' martial arts.

But no striking. Punching people is far too phallic.

>Yes, you'll soon be swarmed with a bunch of idiots claiming no woman can do anything ever.
Well, we are. Ain't even surprised about that or even annoyed. More of bored, really. At least back in the day you could clearly take it as a joke. Nowdays, not so much.

Punching people is also ineffective for the most part if your goal is self-defense. Getting someone on the ground is far better than trying to literally beat them into submission, regardless of your gender or body size.

As the German saying goes:
Im Falle eines Falles ist richtig fallen alles.
(In case of a fall falling correctly is everything)

Pay-for-a-bodyguard-fu.

The human head is a bowling ball with teeth. Hands and knuckles almost always come off worse.