Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1956: Technical Pacifism

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/invisible-dragon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Clearly she's just misunderstood.

In actuality, her horrible treatment of her lovers is actually a pro.

So how do others view your Jumper?

I can't believe I've read nearly two thousand of these threads.

A God, obviously.

Touhou question, /jc/. Specifically one related to companionification and such.

Which characters would be willing to accept as a servant / want to follow post-jump the donut steeliest a vampiric, nobledark, gunslinger-knight / lord of the DAARKNESSSSSSSS?

... I'm well aware I should be doing my own research, but the cast list is fucking huge.

In the Great Detective jump is it possible to survive the "I Wear No Mask" drawback?

Depends how well you can make snazzy hats.

I've finally done that AF update I've been talking about.

Changelog:
Rewrote the wording on a lot of perks
Doubled perks for each origin
Added a scenario.
Misc edits and revisions.

Does anybody have any good images of a Pyroar/Talonflame fusion? I can't believe how hard it is to locate one.

I'm a violinist, not a haberdasher.

At most I just cut holes in my hats to make room for my ears.

I still read that name as "Dragonball As Fuck" mentally.

WHAT DID YOU DO

Most of the perks feel pretty meh. A few are just racial abilities of races already in the jump, others are stuff mostly present in actual dragon ball already and not unique to this series.

The scenario feels like a rip off of the actual Dragonball Z endjump too. Is it based on something in series to excuse that it's very similar?

Then I hope you better learn.

But in all seriousness, I can see Remilia or Cirno joining you.

I DON'T KNOW
I WAS JUST HELPING BILL
AND I JUST LEFT THE EGGS LAYING THERE
I DIDN'T MEAN TO CREATE A WHOLE NEW SPECIES IT JUST HAPPENED

Pretty damn cheeky to offer the Kaioshin racial ability as a perk. What's the point of the race if their main thing is something anybody can buy for no reason?

No memories and no powers in a Lovecraft setting?
I guess it's possible, but those are long odds to be risking your chain on.

Oh thank god it's not just me.

...Rumia probably wouldn't mind any of that. Except for the DARKNESS. She might get jealous, since she can only make a sphere of it around her, but she also might want to ask Jumper-sensei for help.

This is contingent on you being okay with her eating people, though. She's a youkai, and youkai eat people, so she thinks she obviously should eat people. Use the fanon toggle to make it easier to wean her off of it if you need to.

Is there a drawback limit?

Here's the WIP if you missed it last thread. Background perks only so far.

A menace to society or a credit to Arachnos, depending on who you ask.

Heard someone mention Digimon last thread - what's your Digivolution tree, /jc/? Maybe it'll help me get a better idea of how mine works.

>The scenario feels like a rip off of the actual Dragonball Z endjump too.
Unintentional, but kind of inexcusable on my part. I toyed around with other scenarios but they ended up being crap, so I went for the easy option.

I'll remove it then.

No. I'll add a note.

>Arachnos
Recluse is proud of you, user. Now go force Recluse's Victory to be a properly fated event.

I'm almost tempted to take "Soon after, mummies were found in Peru" just to mess with future jumps.

I can only do so much, it is only my first jump.

Depends. The followers of the Light see my Jumper as a heretic and a devil, while the Light itself views him as its most hated enemy, someone it wants to break above all else. Most people Jumper help in jumps see him as either a kind young man or a mysterious masked hero, depending on what form he’s helping them in. Heroes Jumper befriends/join see him as a new friend who is fighting his own battles against an great enemy, and they usually help out even when the Light can’t threaten them anymore (Anakin smacked the Light’s avatar around when it tried to attack Jumper’s mind again), where as villains see him as that infuriating little pest who keeps humiliating them and just won’t freaking die. As for companions...

Mikotsu sees Jumper as her beloved, someone who rescued her from madness and despair and who she rescued in turn from the Light’s mind rape, forming an unbreakable bond. Yubel sees him as her best friend, confidant, and as the one who got away, due to his romance with Mikotsu. Frisk and NiGHTS think of him as a brother, someone who they cherish but also love to mess with and tease, as well as someone they can come to regarding their romantic problems, which always involve each other. Finally, Bass sees Jumper as a rival, as a boss (grudgingly, even if he prefers Jumper to Wily), and though he’ll never admit it, a comrade. He’s incredibly in denial about that last one, though.

Not him but, isn't Rumia... not only a complete idiot, but also a Complete Idiot?

I feel like Death Is Only The Beginning needs some elaboration on how it functions. "Somehow you'll be brought back to life" is pretty non-specific on time it will take and what condition you'll be in when you return.

Crimson Moon!Jumper: To mortals, she is a capricious lunar goddess, a fount of great love and malice, creation and destruction, bounty and ruin. Also really fun at parties.

More cosmically/mystically aware beings view her as a moody little (in spirit if not in body) girl with too much power and too little self control.

Or rather, that's how she was before she ended up in Drakengard. Going through that shit-hole and spending extended periods of time around the Intoners knocked some sense into her.

Of the 'I should really avoid acting like these jackasses' variety.

Daughter of Pluto Jumper: Pretty much the same attitude the Ancient Greeks had towards Hades. Not necessarily someone who's going to go out to mess with you, but not someone you want to attract the attention of...and not someone you can bribe or appeal to the ego of.

God ki?

I hate it. I hate it so much. They see something radiant. Something bigger than themselves. A wandering God who can give or take away with a word, a great hero who can sunder the Earth and wrestle behemoths into the ground - feed the hungry, heal the sick, give hope and light to all.

But I haven't changed at all. I'm just a collection of powers and fragments from other worlds. And not once has the thought of home evaded my mind, nor can I envision myself as a God or anything like it.

Even if I am one.

More writefaggotry soon.

>New Shadow Dragon
Perfect.

...Although. The Corrupted Dragon Balls no longer having that thing where they instead summon the New Dragons after you hit a certain powerlevel is a bit of bummer.

That was an unintentional removal, actually. Adding it back in.

Post the two of those please?

It'd be pretty interesting in worlds like Worm, where magic isn't really a thing, that's for sure. And it could make worlds like Slice of Life or 9-to-5 less boring, too.

How's this:

“Death is only the Beginning” (400 CP)- You rose from the dead once- why not return again? When you are stricken down, death is not the end of your story- through some magical ritual, be it the work of a cult or your faithful companions, or even a stranger reading a book, it is possible for you to rise again, fully restored. You can only be returned from death once every ten years.

I wish some one would make a Prison School jump. That would be lit.

I guess that works. I'd prefer it if there was some guarantee on how long it would take before you were revived, though.

A distant and somewhat melancholy figure that seldom speaks, but who puts on a charismatic mask when dealing with strangers. A creature of routine, who enjoys their schedule, and small comforts. Frugal, despite having wealth, and only reluctantly do they purchase things they need. Except when it comes to books. A man devoted to his wife, perhaps a bit doting and jealous. Suspicious, and maybe a little paranoid, although only a few ever realize it. Perhaps a bit too enamored with the idea of secrecy.

Embrace your divinity Heavens!

It's the only way you'll know peace.

You think Rumia could get along with a Moon Goddess with an unhealthy amount of poorly suppressed bloodlust?

>Who's this kid?
>Why is he talking to a banana dinosaur?
>Did he just turn into a bird woman?
>EVERYTHING IS ON FIRE, HOW IS THIS KID STILL CALM!?
>He seems kind of familiar, though. Maybe he knows what he's doing.

>That would be lit
Wouldn't that also be lewd? Or does Prison School ride the line? It would be interesting nonetheless.

Currently in my chain, a fucking magpie who so happens to be good looking.

Everything is lewd if you are doing it right.

>And it could make worlds like Slice of Life less boring
No it couldn't. You lose access to all of your perks in that one.

Alright ignoring the premature upload of the Evolution jump due to a rather stupid mistake on my part I am correcting things.

I plan on having this jump finished before the month ends as I want to start on something else.

No you don't? Are you thinking of 9-to-5 which is a mundanity Jump with loss conditions if you're discovered? Because that's still not taking your perks away as much as making it an issue if you're caught.

"I know that our holy book makes frequent reference to giant robots, but I really didn't expect God to be such a weeabo."

>But... It's a bit weird having godlike abilities in a normal (comparatively) world, so I'm just going to store your powers for now. Your body is temporarily replaced with a 16 year old body, but any knowledge you have is retained. It would be unfair to just take all this away, so in return, you get 1000CP

It's right there in the intro, user.

How about if I swap out "it is possible for you to rise again" for "you will eventually rise again"? That way it's an eventuality rather than a possibility.

Whoops; it's been a while since I read those ones.

>How about if I swap out "it is possible for you to rise again" for "you will eventually rise again"? That way it's an eventuality rather than a possibility.
Nah, that's not the issue I'm worried about. More just how long it will take for you to be revived and how it would interact with jump time limits. Maybe have a note that you're guaranteed to be revived before the jump is over?

So you are collecting valuables? To put in your collection of rare and valuable items? In a place accessable only to you that you guard jealously?

>How about if I swap out "it is possible for you to rise again" for "you will eventually rise again"? That way it's an eventuality rather than a possibility.

Not him, but that sounds like it'll work better.

>At nine clones your clones will have their power split nine different ways and so on and so on until all your clones are eventually just left with pitiful power.

>With training and diligence you can create even more full power clones until your powers starts to become split different ways due to the excess.

This seems rather wonky and feels a little bit like inter jump balance; if you really need to limit the power like this why not start only able to make 8 clones, having to train up from there, but having them all be at full power. A little more limiting but feels less like inter jump balance.

>More just how long it will take for you to be revived
Eventually. If you have companions or followers who can zap you back to life, you can do- that no muss no fuss. Otherwise, someone's eventually going to read some books or say some gibberish and you'll be brought back to life like that. Since it happens eventually, it'll also happen before the Jump ends. I can add a note to make this clearer, too.

I see where this is going.

If you were going to use descriptions that absurdly vague, then everyone is a dragon on account of owning a warehouse.

Not sure any of the youkai leaders would really appreciate and/or find a CHIVALROUS KNIGHT necessary, my friendo.

But your first bet's to look at the Scarlets (as they are noble vampires who might like the idea) or fanon!Parsee. If you like mermaids there's Wakasagihime.

Pardon if this question's been asked before, but there any general guideline for how long Ogdru Jahad will take to grow?

...Oh. Well I gotta thank my lucky stars for me deciding to mention that now.

Thanks, that fits with what I was thinking.

Creation

I kinda wanna get "Egypt is in my Blood." then Jump a Xanxia just so I can say that I'm outright the legit Reincarnation of the awesome dudes from long ago you keep hearing about there.

You heard it here first, folks: All jumpers are dragons.

Red is a jumper, ergo, Red is a dragon.

Well, like I said at the very start, why does your jump constantly refer to stuff from other X Men continuities not relevant here? The worst example is the Super Speed option, which implies you'll get Movie Quicksilver's speed eventually, which doesn't make any sense.

After some thought I'll go with this. Duplication was one of the trickier powers I had to rewrite due to it being never properly explained.

could these memes get fucked already

Personally I only am a Dragon some of the time. Hope this new desktop has the right password carry over thanks to Chrome...

>All jumpers are dragons.
Because of the absurdly broken size option in the legend of spyro jump that makes you the size of a planetary body?

What do you have against being a dragon?

A few thousand years at least, probably more.

No problem.

You can't choose your specific reincarnation; only what your past life was like in general. I'd consider "legendary hero/martial artist" to be a valid parameter for that though.

And you realize how stupid that sounds, right?

>I'd consider "legendary hero/martial artist" to be a valid parameter for that though.
I kinda find it funny that of the Xianxia Jumps we have this Perk idea hasn't been brought forward before. Anyone who knows otherwise please show me those perks because this one in the Mummy is neat in my eyes.

I dunno, his logic is valid.
The argument might not be sound, I'm a bit leery of that first proposition about jumpers being dragons.

Somewhere between "conspiracy theorist hobo" and "holy fuck he just murdered two dozen SWAT guys with a knife what the fuck"

This talk of dragons reminds me. How many of you have read the masterpiece known as Invisible Dragon?

novelupdates.com/series/invisible-dragon/

I'm posting on /jc/! Everything about this is stupid.

B-but I'm a moon fairy! Not a dragon!

I mean, sure, my vessel is tangentially related to dragons, but that's no reason to say I'm one! Much less that a black-hearted demon like Red is!

This image is the truth, in all honesty.

That is mostly unintentional on my part or for some cases it was mainly for a quick comparison.

Super Speed was because there was an exploding mansion in the show and it instantly made me think of the Quicksilver scene from the movie. So I decided to put it in there cause why not.

>implying I'm not just an angry yeti

>Who is this guy?
>Why's he so friendly?
>He laughs too much.
>He's too loud.
>Wait, did he just survive getting punted through a building?
>Oh god, he's quiet now. I don't think that's good.
>Where'd the armor come from?
>Where's the weapons come from?!
>OH GOD EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE.
>AND NOW HE'S LOUD AGAIN.

Please remove it. If it's not fitting the series, it makes no sense for it to be there and only makes you look worse.

Do powers in this series explicitly grow in strength even?

A beautiful deity of life with flowers blooming out of their hair always followed by pink fluttering moths. I usually suppress my beauty because I'm a nymph from DnD and they're so supernaturally beautiful they have a chance of blinding people who look at them if the effect isn't suppressed.

My jumper is also a shapeshifter, so they can take on whatever form they like.

As for Pat, everyone reacts to her the same way as Saitama does.

Who is currently working on Black Crusade and if they are on is it close to completion?

Yeah actually there is.

There's the enhancement to strengthen them, training to get better, the powers evolving themselves etc.

>I usually suppress my beauty because I'm a nymph from DnD and they're so supernaturally beautiful they have a chance of blinding people who look at them if the effect isn't suppressed.
Is there a perk to avoid going blind by looking at a Nymph. I like eye candy. Also hoping to make a skill book of it so I dont go blind looking at a nymph waifu

>implying anybody's actually working on it

user you should know by now 90% of posters just want to see results, but never put them forward.

I always see this little green haired girl and think its nubee and vals daughter.

That is strangely fitting for their daughter to be tatsumaki.

Red and some user who offered her assistance are working on it, last I heard.

Last I checked someone was a couple threads ago but I dont remember who it was. I think they made a perk for Chaos Undivided a while back

See .

Nymphs can freely choose to suppress the effect. Just don't piss them off and you should be good.

Should I teach waddle dees to cultivate xianxia techniques? What could go wrong?

Looks great
Though now I have to try to explain why I'm suddenly a Saiyan-Kaioshin Hybrid thanks to the Racial Import option still allowing hybridization

Also why no drawback that merges the two AFs into one, you already have one that makes the jump follow Toyable canon why note one to combine them

How do you Jumpers weaponise your boobs?

>What could go wrong?
EVERY
FUCKING
THING

I don't, due to usually not having any.

> What could go wrong?
> What could go wrong?