Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

>The dark angels are loyal edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=5SQlLcv81EQ [Open] [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

First for Death Korpus of Krieg.

Second for the Warmaster

my dudes > your dudes

Best Legion here

What buffs do you wanna see in the Daemons Codex anons?

None. I'm still salty from last edition.

Brimstone buff

Starting my own Krieg army soon. At first, I'll play them as allies for my Blood Angels. I hope to turn them into a true 1500 pts army, that could expand to 2k by adding either a Knight or a Baneblade.

Xth for high ground advantage

Should I get my army commission painted?

So have we created a new list of the SC with the viablity of each unit in the box?

Why did he even send his units over there, he can’t charge those guard?

It's what I did when I finally tired of painting

To be fair though, I had already painted over 200 infantry and dozens of vehicles

You underestimate their regeneration abilities.

No, painting your army is what makes them your dudes.

Build a hellhammer or stormlord. Knights are not good for making back points.

My dudes tend to be poorly painted blobs though

>Brimstone buff

1 point per Strength seems fair

If you don’t mind having nothing to play with while your army is getting painted. Unless you got a second army, then go for it.

Greater Daemons buffed, they're all varying levels of bad. GUO needs to be significantly tougher for his points, KoS needs to not be a bad budget bloodthirster, LoC needs better powers to cast and needs to be better at casting them, bloodthirster needs to not be costed with his status as lascannon bait in mind.

Meaningful benefits to having mono-god detachments.

Deep strike capacity.

Some strong ass Witchfire type spells for Tzeentchs. Make them unique to LoC if you must, I just want to do more than d3 piddly MWs with the uber daemons of magic and hellfire.

>1 point per Strength seems fair

Focus on quality over quantity for a while, then start assembly lining

He did charge them, and they all died horribly.

fortunately I had 120 more

Why does no unit actually use Power Lances, anyway? Seems like there's some design space there. Give White Scars some biker jousters or something.

Unless there were more dudes behind that he could reach, but you need to be within 1 inch to be in combat, they’re clearly 3 or so off the ground.

His guys are stuck on ground floor.

I never got the pic related meme. Out of all people, the Emperor is the least likely to give up. I mean isn't his entire character is that he never gives up and never loses hope in humanity? Even when bobby got back to him, he was more or less all "alright, now we can finally salvage this situation" instead of being surprised and shocked? If there is a person that never gives up it's the Emperor.

Is for the sake of the picture, if you don't like it do a new one yourself

IIRC, only Baneblades, Shadowswords and Stormswords (the FW plasma baneblade variant) can have the DKoK keyword. Technically doesn't change much since that keyword doesn't give any kind of buff, but the LAACfag in me tells me to go for the Baneblade. Also, it's just more iconic than the Hellhammer, despite the latter being superior on most tables.
If I have fun making the Baneblade, I'll make a Stormlord later.

The Emperor is now literally a tool being used by Bobby G while Bobby gets to be Emperor. It’s hilarious how that happened

Bobby G takes his orders from the Emperor though. If he went in once and got told what to do then there isn't any reason he couldn't go in and check up with big E every so often to make sure his plan is being carried out properly. Assuming Guilliman wasn't just lying his ass off and the Emperor isn't just dead of course

that picture was end of movement, not charge.

The latter is much more likely. If the high lords of Terra could literally do the exact opposite of what the Emperor said to do, then Bobby sure as hell can

To be fair, if you look at the make-believe that is 40k timeline, the Imperium had other great crisis and maintained the status-quo.

A seccession that lasted a millenium and took a segmentum. A religious dictatorship that was supposed to be so batshit that was resolved by people only nearly as fanatical like Imperial fist-successors.

And they didn't even get a resurrected primarch with almost a million primarines with veterans from the Great Crusade.

Any experience with Krieg Death Riders ? They seem pretty good on paper.

Well who can blame both of them? when the Emperor is nowdays basically an spiritual lawyer firm with the main persona of the big E probably still repairing all the "nothing wrong" Magnus did all those years ago, gorillaman was probably attended by the equivalent of lobby attendants

Rule dispute:

Player A has Vanguard Veterans with plasma pistols and Jump Packs. [Jump Packs - gain the JUMP PACK and FLY keywords.]
Player B has Imperial Guardsmen.
Player A's Vanguards are standing behind Taticals.
Player A claims that the Vanguard Veterans can shoot at the Guardsmen because Jump Packs grant fly.
Player A also claims that the Guardsmen can't shoot at the Vanguard Veterans because they are behind the Tacticals.

I call bullshit but I can't find anything in the rulebook saying he's wrong.

Only if they're a pro painter.

Honestly thou no.

there's no restrictions on who you can shoot in 8th edition beyond characters

That logic is retarded. They can both shoot each other.
This.

Only if they can see your banners but you can't see them.

You can't shoot through three units of dudes to hit one specific unit of dudes

Look up the Fly keyword, and see if it grants any kind of ability like that. Most likely not, as it's usually a unit with the Flyer rule that draw distance from the hull, not the base.

But, generally, the rules boil down to:
>If you can shoot at me
>I can shoot at you
>Barring some weird fucking kind of special conditions that are clearly noted down, such as overwatch when a Character has a rule that says you can't fire overwatch at him
Which is a very simple concept this guy's obfuscating with some shitty justification that doesn't have any tabletop representation.

Okay, let me be more specific. Hellhamer is good at killing things because its main gun is a meta cannon. Stormlord is good because it has a huge rate of fire for killing swarms and fishing for wounds on tougher targets. Both have good troop capacity. This is what guard wants in a tank. Look for these traits in the FW stuff. An Enginseer would also do you good.

Unless that unit is a Character with less than 10 wounds, yes you can.

Yes you can. Infantry in the way don't prevent you from shooting a unit behind them unless you have so many infantry units in the way that you literally cannot draw LoS to the unit behind.

You can shoot a character with overwatch, it’s in the faq.

What the fuck

So we know that Emps is a perpetual. Why can't he just resurrect? Is there really a risk of demons fucking everywhere when he leaves the throne? Because it's sure as hell isn't Astronomicon, that thing went down for like a month during Watchers of the Throne and everything was fine. In that case there are only two explanations left: Magnus' fuckup or Emps being dead.

You can shoot tails and shit now but they can't shoot you.

The Emperor is using up all his life energy keeping the warp rift below the palace shut. He's not 'decaying' because he's dead, he's decaying because he's going through a much slower process that Malcador did where his essence is getting leeched out of him to power the throne

This edition would be retarded if you couldn't. "You have to shoot through my 40 man Cultist blob to hit the guys behind!"

>This message sponsored by the Law Offices of Guilliman, Dorn, and Russ

Thanks for the hilarious mental image user, all the primarchs in ill-fitting suits across the depo table from Magnus, Perty, and Abby LLP

It's fucking stupid that I can shoot through your cultist blob

Mean if they have a rule like this.

>grav tank has a special rule that you can fire at any point of the model
>any tank can already do this

Am I missing something?

Horde armies are already really strong this edition, that would make them stupidly strong if that was the case.

I mean i wouldnt believe a tail can shoot me. How does it hold the gun?

Wow, fuck Magnus. He really did everything wrong. All hope on bobby and based Cawl to fix the fucking thing so that /Our King/ could lead again.

Is there a penalty for shooting through them? Because this sounds retarded. Everyone's a sniper

Carefully

Pink Horror and Flamer ranged attacks changed to Strength: User and with number of shots based on user attacks. Makes it so that the Herald aura and random buff spell are actually useful. Slight price decrease for Flamers. Pinks ignore Psychic Focus OR cast on 2d6. Brimstones go to 6++, Blues go to 5++, prices might need to be adjusted.

Screamers get two of the following: significant price decrease, significant durability increase, significant lethality increase.

Significantly reduce the WC of all the current Tzeentch spells. Add an anti-horde spell, a movement shenanigans spell, and another buff (Divination flavored). Bolt of Change goes to WC8 and D6 MW.

Rod of Sorcery doesn't increase the range of Smite, instead lets you deal an extra MW on short range Smites.

Changeling goes up significantly AND doesn't affect shooting within 12".

Lord of Change is Cast 3/Deny 2. Maybe a slight price decrease.

I don't know.
He is fed like 1000 psykers daily for thousands of years. And is worshipped like a god by a galaxy spanning empire.
So, he is probably powered up

Need advice for a conversion thing
What might an ork have in a backpack?

squig

Plague bearers have some dangerous shit if you keep fightkng them.

I love how horrendously tanky they are but keeping them fighting something for 3 turns doesn't do much.

My meta is a mix of competitive and casual all at once. I've tried bringing one stronger list and one more casual list, but despite that I either get stomped or I stomp, so I'm trying to find a nice balance within one list that also has my favorite units like Ogryn Bodyguards, Bullgryn and Crusaders. Is this list too one way or the other?

[Catachan Battalion] +3 CP
>HQ
Straken - 75
Company Commander, Powerfist, Plasma Pistol - 43
Company Commander, Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Warlord, Grand Strategist - 39

>Elite
5 Bullgryn, Bruteshields/Slabshields, Mauls - 210
10 Crusaders - 150
Priest, Bolt Pistol, Power Maul - 39

>Troops
Infantry Squad, Flamer, Power Sword - 51
Infantry Squad, Flamer, Power Sword - 51
Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Power Sword - 51
Infantry Squad, Plasma Gun, Power Sword - 51

>Heavy Support
Heavy Weapons Squad, 3 Lascannons - 72
Heavy Weapons Squad, 3 Missile Launchers - 72

[Astra Militarum Vanguard] +1 CP
>HQ
Primaris Psyker - 46

>Elite
Ogryn Bodyguard, Ripper Gun, Bruteshield - 55
Ogryn Bodyguard, Slabshield, Maul, Bullgryn Plate, Deathmask Relic - 67
Ogryn Bodyguard, Slabshield, Maul, Bullgryn Plate - 67

[Catachan Spearhead] +1 CP
>HQ
Primaris Psyker - 46

>Heavy Support
Leman Russ, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter - 152
Leman Russ, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter - 152
Leman Russ, Punisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter - 150
Basilisk, Heavy Bolter - 108
Basilisk, Heavy Bolter - 108
Manticore, Heavy Bolter - 143

1998, 8 CP

Every beast of nurgle gives slime trail.
Just so I don't have to run them as seperate dudes.

You're talking out of you're unwashed hole.

You can't shoot through anyone user. If a model blocks your line of sight, you can't see the model behind it, thus it's an invalid target.

Stick grenades

Okay, another question, what do orks eat? Any sort of sausages?

Fireworks

So is Chapter Master still a thing or what?

Grots n squigs

>I mean isn't his entire character is that he never gives up and never loses hope in humanity?
As long as you fit within his extremely narrow view of what constitutes humanity. And are not in his way. And don't have thoughts or beliefs he doesn't like. And your continued existence isn't inconvenient to his plants in some way, shape or form.

So I can't shoot through a unit? That's what I had assumed already based on that.

So he is just like any other dictator ever. Good to know

Very few models are capable of fully blocking LoS to models behind them, especially when we're talking infantry blocking infantry.

2 melta assault squad scary enough for.my angels?

So heres a question not deserving of its own thread.

If you could all have done something to eternal crusade to try and make it better, or at least last longer than it did what would you have done?

I think it's mentioned in the dark Imperium novel that the big E is more powerful than he ever was back then but he have been loosing his humanity due the strain of keeping that shit closed, there might come a day when he would walk again but let's hope he's still the Emperor we knew

My dude. Everyone fucking RAGGED on Tau and Eldar, while these fuckers slipped under the radar all the time. I couldn't even beat them with my GK.

Not unless you can literally see the target.

Fucking bullshit.
3 at the front, 2 at the back, bases touching. Do it with any of your models and you block what ever is behind.

Exactly, except his bodycount is several orders of magnitude higher than every other dictator put together. But muh for the emprah makes people overlook that because fuck, he probably knows better than us, right?

Literally copy the combat from Space Marine.

I'm not talking out of my ass, you're just dumb.

What models form perfect cylinders that fill the entirety of the volume of the space above their base?

Dakka, squig bitz, squig ale, pointy bitz, flashy bitz, grey earl tea.

Go away. You're going to make newbies believe you and then they will get made fun of for being retarded.

This, also guard because guard

user anyone who is getting into this game at this point is a retard. The game is going to die in a couple years once all the 8th ed hype wears off.

it did nothing well.

It was 40k... i guess
it was a shooter... i guess
it was an mmo... i guess
etc

Would you keep the idea for planetside 2 style open map or just try for big maps that had really nice ambiance?

To be fair he did wait a long, long time for humanity to get its shit together by itself. He was still in the shadows during the "Dark Age of Technology" and humanity was doing pretty well for itself at that point

I'll have to politely disagree with you on that

Prove me wrong faggots

Planetside Open Style map would be nice, but I think they could make a better game with large, varied maps. Standard desolate wasteland, derelict manufactorum, inside of a battlebarge, a T'au city, a district or themed fight pits in Commorragh, a Craftworld, the corridors of a Necron tomb world just to name a few.

>high ground advantage

Scrap all of it and make it a Battlefront 2 (the original one) clone but set in the Horus Heresy