/5eg/ Fifth Edition General

>Unearthed Arcana: Elf Subraces (No new UA this month)
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
lithdoran.github.io/fiveetools/5etools.html
5etools.com

>5etools latest update-
mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed)

Previously, on /5eg/:
DMs tells us about that perfect campaign, that on you've always wanted to run but never could.

Players tell us about that one character you've always wanted to play but never could.

Other urls found in this thread:

dhmstark.co.uk/rpgs/encounter-calculator-5th/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What happens when a vampire takes damage at 0 hitpoints?

uhm, i dunno

I am absolutely stumped by my last feat on this character.

He's a STR-based Fighter that has +3 DEX anyways, should I snag Sleight of Hand just for funsies?

Half Elf?

Or Human?

Depends on the character you have in mind.

>not taking long rests causes exhaustion because of sleep deprivation
>characters that don't require sleep still get exhaustion when they don't take long rests
Where were you when you realized that Jeremy Crawford was objectively wrong about his own game and shouldn't be listened to?

long rest =/= sleeping

obvious bait

Characters still must rest if they don't sleep.
See: Elves, undead who aren't immune to exhaustion

Crossbow expert, sharpshooter
become a real fighter

>Players tell us about that one character you've always wanted to play but never could.
I want to play an intelligent character that knows the history and lore of the world around him. And by that I mean IRL I want a book of history and lore of the setting my character is in that I can read and cite so that I don't have to put my roleplay on hold for a minute while the DM describes something that my character has known for years but I have no clue about.

>Interrupts your long rest one minute before it ends for an hour

Interrupting and retrying long rest over and over is a kitchen sink argument that will never come up in actual gameplay.

you have to interrupt a long rest for 1 HOUR in order for a PC to have to "restart" a long rest.

>Players tell us about that one character you've always wanted to play but never could.

I want to play a goblin artificer.

Being a conniving little bastard hurling potions sounds great, but my group has blanket banned UA and monstrous races wouldn't really gel with the current setting.

Ah well, one day maybe...

>coffeelock minmaxxers are so upset that their bullshit doesn't work that now they have to shit up threads with "HUURRR I HATE LONG REST RULES"

I want to play a halfling who's been wandering the desert for like 30 years. He's fucken nuts, can turn into an armadilo, and speaks in philosobabble like Xavier Renegade Angel
Problem is the character is so different than who I am, I don't think I'm capable of keeping up with the crazy

Another campaign, you'll get there

I thought they just snorted Diamond Dust through Greater Restoration to cure up the eventual stacks of Exhaustion they would run into?

For the players who think listed price is just a suggestion.

Following the build, that would require (aside from the ludicrous 100g component every single day) level 12, and /5eg/ theorycrafters are convinced that no one plays past level 10. The meme is practically dead at this point, we're just in its death throes.
God it's like horsecasting all over again.

Personally I would rule the vampire only takes damage from sunlight while in mist form (which destroys it) including spells, like daylight. The only other alternative ruling I could see is that it continues to take magical damage as a mist form but that doesnt do anything other than delay the time it takes to regenerate if it makes it home.

How did the long rest requirement > coffeelock begin?

Yeah, but that's not as fun. And I'm making a dumb character that's quite literally a Darknut from The Wind Waker.

I see. Eating is also not mandatory too.

It works if you take Aspect of the Moon.

i cum in your mouth

No.

Rolled 61 (1d100)

rolling for splooge

Rolled 8 (1d20)

I will help

Hey guys, got any clever ways to kill a Vampire?

I don't get it. I would run a coffeelock by just short resting multiple times while the party long rests, and beating the saving throw as long as I could last. If I fail, it's time to long rest and reset to zero. Aspect of the Moon just adds confusion. Is that not right?

Rocks fall. Rockfalls.

Death by crying gaint.

open a portal to a timezone that's at high noon.

thanks for the 8 extra sploodges

A long rest only reduces it by 1 level
Aspect of the moon is meaningless

But why though

Aspect of the Moon says you dont have to sleep, effectively giving a middle finger to XGE exhaustion levels. However, as a DM I would give that a high level requirement in my setting just because thats broken at early levels (ex coffeelock)

>rest for 7 hours
>do adventuring shit for an hour
>rest for another 7 hours
>lol roll to save against exhaustion
Crawford should kill himself tbqh. He obviously doesn't know anything about tabletop RPGs.

its your punishment

For what?!

Reposting hoping for more feedback.

Sir Coffee

Divine Soul 9/Hexblade(blade) 5/Paladin 6

CHA gives weapon attack, spell power, and saving throws. Stays awake to gain more slots for smiting, and can mainline Diamond Dust to stay vigilant. No idea how you'd level it, or what Paladin Oath would be appropriate.

Coffeelocks don't understand that there is no such thing as "short resting multiple times". Unless you are attacked or the party continues adventuring it is just one short rest

Oathbreaker.

You're screwing over your divinity to become a sentient sword's bitch, and then you're abusing your pact with said sword.

No.

That kid's not *that* ugly...

lmao

I was having a bad day but this post made me laugh so much, thank you kind sir.

It's a percectly RAW answer. RAW does not state what is strenuous enough to break a short rest. It merely provides examples. Logic would dictate if it is still "downtime" as stated in the PHB it is still the same short rest.

>take an hour to rest
>do some jumping jacks
>this is objectively more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds
>start resting again for an hour
You're an idiot, especially when you apply this logic further (that characters can't simply decide when a short rest ends and instead have start running around in trap- and monster-infested dungeons before they spend hit dice).

Say I wanted to axe Gnomes but give dwarves a more magical subrace to complement their absence, how should I go about that? I'm thinking giving them a +1 to INT and Detect Magic at will or something.

Why do you even care to argue against this?
No reasonable DM is going to let you coffeelock masturbate all over everybody else at the table.

It is not objectively more strenuous unless you are out of shape. Adventurers are generally not. Jumping jacks are pretty easy and you could probably do them for an hour even if you weren't in great shape

This. RAW also says a short rest is an hour. Are you telling me that if I dont adhere to your specific situation that you will extend it into some sort of medium rest? or a long rest with the short rest benefits? thats not RAW at all

People who try to actually play coffeelocks are idiots, too. Making up rulings to try to prevent meme builds (already prevented by RAW).

>doing jumping jacks is just as strenuous as eating
You may have an eating disorder, user.

Coffeelocks don't have a DM. That is why they argue

Just reflavor gnomes to a new dwarf subrace.

>go to table as a coffeelock
>party takes a long rest
>ask my DM if I can take eight short rests instead
>he tells me "shut the fuck up, that's stupid"

What the other dude said, axe Forest Gnomes and keep Rock and Deep Gnomes as variant Dwarves.

Too much mechanical differences.

RAW says short rest is an hour or more

Coffeelock?

I could be wrong, but at initial glance 3 sorcery points for the arcane strike seems steep.

Jumping jacks don't put strain on the body. They will actually give you more energy. Eating will make you more lethargic

>A short rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds.
Yep, I feel a DM is well within their rights to say 8 short rests in a row, without real adventuring between, would count as a single short rest or a long rest depending on what the Player wants.

However this still leave Coffeelocks able to stockpile slots... just much slower and they have to have encounters between them where they don't spend the slots.

Use your google machine

Yes. RAW a Sorlock can burn their Warlock spells for more sorcery points. They just cannot short rest more than once per resting period

Coffeelock is a cheese build:
>Be a warlock/sorcerer mutliclass
>warlock option to never need sleep for shits and giggles
>take short rests all the time
>warlock spells refresh on a short rest
>Font of Magic converts spell slots regardless of whether it's a sorc spell or a warlock spell
>perpetually pump Font of Magic to make spell points to then make additional spell slots that only go away when you take a long rest
>depending on how long it is between adventure action, your character can now walk around with hundreds of spell slots to use

i know that chick from somewhere but i cant recall

>tfw my DM has okay'd Coffeelock and agrees that it works RAW
Feels good to have a DM that actually knows what they're doing.

Lindsay Ellis.

>effectively giving a middle finger to XGE exhaustion levels.
I think you mean
>having no interaction with XGE exhaustion levels.
RAW are quite clear, and probably more lenient than the forced march rules I'd have to invoke instead.

why lie on the internet?

Doesn't he know that real PCs go for weaks without ever losing a step or giving the slightest complaint?

We should just put coffeelock info in the OP at this point

>yes it works RAW unless you use the Xanathar optional rule for going without long rests
>even then it still works if you have shitloads of money
>yes we know no DM would actually allow it

Not lying, he knows how to properly DM unlike the schlubs desperately screeching about how much they hate a specific multiclass.

Your character also slowly gets beoken down by the strain and eventually dies of a heart attack if not given expensive, life-saving magical treatment or Long Rest.(optional)

I'm using this dhmstark.co.uk/rpgs/encounter-calculator-5th/ to prepare fights for a lvl6 oneshot. It put in one werebear cr5 and one werewolf cr3 and it came out as hard.
How does that make sense? They've got 11AC, +7 to hit and 12AC, +4 to hit respectively. That's fucking nothing, a level 6 character has +3 proficiency, +4 from their stat, even +5 if they're a fighter or have a +1stat item and a race that let them start with 17, +1 if they found a magic weapon. That's +8, god forbid they're an archer and have another +2. They're going to hit the werewolf, the harder target, on a 4 roll. That's 80% of the time.
With a cheap medium armor set and 14dex they can have 16AC, making the bear miss 40% and the wolf 55% of the time. And what about the guy with splint, a shield and some AC buff? He's going to be over 20AC.
And none of this is counting advantage/disadvantage. How is this fight not a stomp in the player's favour? The werewolf has 58 hp in the manual, am i supposed to buff it up by 30hp just so he survives the first turn of combat?

how did your players react when you introduced your DMPC into your game.

Did you reply to the wrong post, user?

The CR of those monsters takes into account the immunity to nonmagic/silver weapons and the possibility of lycanthropy, which can be a problem long term.

Also the difficulty rating system doesn't take players' bonuses from magic items into account.

Hence why you use more complex ones

I'm implying the DM that allows coffeelock in your game is YOU.

No, I'm not the DM. Why is it so hard to believe that good DMs exist?

your bait isn't going to get any funnier by repeating it

You're absolutely seething, calm down.

don't just say it and hope it'll be true

a little more effort can go a long way

You have the rulebooks don't you?

Don't respond to 3 hour old posts and expect responses.

don't tell him what to do or can't do

I thought about memeing in response to this but I'm actually curious. What's wrong with replying to old posts?

if the irony of this post was intentional then I guess I'll give you a break

Just seems like a patently stupid thing to do. Responding at all is one thing, but asking a question like that as if that person is going to still be around is silly.

i just wanted to meme

>Destructive Wave
>"You strike the ground, creating a burst of divine energy that ripples outward from you."
>Components: V

Since it's a oneshot i don't think lycanthropy will be useful to me.
Is it just immunity making a fight either impossible or piss easy depending if you have the thing that bypasses it?
I had this planned for the final fight of the session. Is it too railroady if i leave lots clues on npcs and books that the pair shrug off physical harm like nothing and the pcs will need something more? If they somehow miss all of them and rush into the big confrontation I'll give them an easy opportunity to escape the encounter after they've discovered that they can't harm the monsters.
Then they'll retrieve some arcane relic from a dungeon that blesses them and makes their attacks actually have an effect on lycanthropes. And for the actual final battle i'll use stats from other creatures with the same CR.
How railroaded are oneshots supposed to be?