Party runs into a demon assuming the form of a human

>party runs into a demon assuming the form of a human
>it hasn't done anything wrong, yet
>that one party member who defends it, arguing to other people about how it's "one of the good ones" or "not necessarily evil"

>then OP decides to kill a thread to post this

Seems like it depends on the setting. In this world are demons always evil by definition? Or do they just lean evil (like Orcs are often made as a "usually evil" race while some exceptions exist). If the creature is taking no hostile action, why bother it?

Punish those who you have proof of wrongdoing, not those who may do wrong.

So simple a child could understand the concept.

>players should automatically assume all demons are irredemably evil on all settings

>a race who's created for the sole purpose of giving evil a physical shape so players don't need to deal with gray morality bullshit when interacting with it
>not evil

I bet you have bad angels in your setting and you think god as the final boss in jrpgs is good writing.

How did they know it was a demon if it was in the form of a human?

>Demon
>anglicized spelling of Daimon
>Literally just enyoy of god
>Nymphs are Daimons

Greek mythology is such a jrpg style setting aint it

>you think god as the final boss in jrpgs is good writing
I wouldn't say it's good writing, but this is tightest shit in SMT.

And one of the only JRPGs that actually does it, despite the meme of "all JRPGs have God as the final boss!"

Not something I'd pull in a campaign though. Unless it was SMT.

The sacred cow of having species that are automatically kill on sight while still being the shiny hero will never die.
Mind you, it works just fine in many settings.

However, for some people, the settings where genocide isn't a good act are all shit and they want to see them erased from the world.
No one likes seeing the philosophy nearest their own heart called anything other than good.

BOF and Final fantasy do that too, the difference is they don't make it the final boss

depends on the setting.
Go play some INS/MV, you nincompoop.

As a FF fanboy, I can't think of any Final Fantasy game with "literally God".

Though Tactics's final boss was not!Jesus, if I remember my lore correctly, but it's been years since I last played it to completion, so I might have that one wrong.

Never touched a BOF game, though.

You only really do that if you want a cosmic level endgame.

Punishing a group os supernatural beings widely known for being evil is a very smart idea

>So simple a child could understand the concept.
And also retarded

Not saying that you shouldn't kill demons on sight, because in most settings you definitely should, but you realize you're saying that the concept of not locking people up in jail because they might someday assault someone is retarded, right?

Depends on a setting mate.

I mean, DEmons are for many just angels that rebelled from god, like in Paradise Lost. Why can't one of those demons still seek to do good, since the one he despises is only the creator? He does not have to hold any ill will against his other creations.

Let them. It's not like the demon will have any objection to having easily-manipulated characters to toy with.

Demons are not humans.
By default, their lives means nothing.

Arguing against the wrong point, mate.

t. hitler

Demons are defined by being absolutely, horrifyingly evil. That's their whole point. Changing that because you want a succubus waifu cheapens them.

Tactics did, indeed, involve killing not-Jesus as one part of a multi-part boss battle.
Then you beat up the demon that was possessing not-Jesus.
And to be fair, FFX has you kill the local deity as the final boss.

Demons are defined by being a step between divine and human. It's then setting specific if there are only evil, only good, both or neither in it.

>The primary, universally accepted definition of demon is "evil spirit", but there's this OTHER definition that means something else! I'm so clever!!!

>not knowing "demon" just means supernatural spirits in general
>not knowing angels are demons
I bet you're not even christian

Yeah, but that wasn't actually a deity. That was some fucking assholes infinite death spiral revenge monster.

What if they're like Satan in the book of Job?
As in demons are servants of god tasked with tempting and testing the faithful?
Surely in that case killing one would be an evil (or unholy at least) act?

The law says I can't book someone who hasn't done anything yet.

The occuria from 12 were also an order of higher beings manipulating all of human history that Ashe told to fuck off, but the final boss was a guy also working to make them fuck off but with more conquest involved.

guess Catholic school is sometimes helpful, the stupid argument I always heard is that demons/people in hell have completely separated themselves from god, the source of all goodness, so they literally cannot do anything good because they are fundamentally divorced from it

Not him, but...what does it has to do with Christianity at all?
I doubt that you have read book of Job at all. Satan there is not servant of God, but rather opposing him in an argument. This is far from being just a servant to test the faithful. Asides this, the usual "he is not temped nor will tempt anyone" rule.
Asides this, to be back to the fantasy, only way to make this scenario to be actually true in the setting, is to have the deity at least not omnibenevlent, if not outright khorne.

If you're in Christian setting, God is Goodness itself, so hating God equates hating goodness, which by default makes doing good an impossibility.

>argument I always heard is that demons/people in hell have completely separated themselves from god, the source of all goodness
just for the note, there is another argument: they are not separated but still hate God so absence of goodness is not due to separation but due to misotheism. Its more used in Orthodoxy.

Woow, I'm sure this has happened to you because you totally roleplay, don't you OP? That's why your story is so alive and not just three memearrows with a shitty reaction image.

It's the same as some other game saying God is some horrible deathmonster.
The people in the setting worship Yevon as their god, and the final boss was Yevon.

>le facepalm statue
Kys reddit

It is the way of life that all things must someday end. Do not cry because it's over; smile, because it happened.