Wamham 40,000 General /40kg/

Taufags btfo edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=5SQlLcv81EQ

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

filescdn.com/tte9kmotk4jr
1d4chan.org/wiki/Eldar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for NecrOwned

Tau are the best race and all will join the Greater Good eventually

What is your favorite chapter, SMs? and why is it Minotaurs?

Was there a brief moment back in 3rd edition where Black Templars where the space marine poster boys?

This was round when me and all my friends got into 40k and all the dudes who got space marines painted them like black crusaders which seems odd to me. Maybe the guy in the local GW taught them to paint them like that?

Aside of MUH DUDES, Hammers of Dorn for MAXIMUM autism.

DEUS EST MACHINA

>What is your favorite chapter, SMs? and why is it Minotaurs?

My favourite chapter is my Iron Hands successor chapter, and it's not Minotaurs. No one actually likes Minotaurs.

Yes, BT were the poster boys but were basically a supplement army with codex armageddon and then they got their codex in 4th.

The 3rd edition starter box featured Black Templars. The 3rd edition codex featured Crimson Fists.

It was a more civilized age. Before the dark times. Before the Ultramarines.

Nah.

crimson fists because i like their story of being continually beaten by orks but then succeeding in the end, showing the true perseverance of human spirit in such a harsh galaxy
also blood ravens because they steal shit

Face it gue'la, you're out gunned. Tau are the Chads of the galaxy.

>2e codex featured Catachans
>3e codex featured Cadians
>4e codex featured Cadians
>5e codex featured Cadians
>6e codex featured Cadians (in the background)

>How many models do you guys own? Trying to figure out if I have an autistic amount of 40k or not
Pic related

He said models not shoes

I want a full fledged Farsight Codex. I want the option for at least melee XV-8's.

damn that's a lot
which army do you have the most of?

>Chad
>Afraid of melee combat
Nah.

My three big armies are IG, RG, Tau ~10K each. I have a bunch of smaller armies as well.

Crimson Fists.

10k guard... that's a lot of painting
how did you manage to not go insane?

What's your dream upgrade sprue?

I'd love one for White Scars

forgeworld has you covered

>Outgunned
Try me

Crimson Fists
Since it'd overlap with Imperial Fists for the most part I don't see why it doesn't exist
Also abuman bits to make conscripts with

There's a White Scar upgrade pack for bikers too. Personally, I'd like a Shrike upgrade sprue.

Catachans had their own mini-dex from 3rd edition.

What did they do to T'au?

You're right.
They were the starter box marines with DEldar in the box. Best starter boyz right there.

Other than my dudes(which are better than your dudes) I like the flesh tearers. They're just so angry and violent.

And in 4th (reprint of the 3e one). Then again, SM had the BT, SW, BA and DA codexes as well.

I have that tattooed on my arm, I'm considering also getting the binary version of war right underneath it

By not going horde infantry. That way madness lies.

Fair enough, 10k of any army is still a lot, good job

How do you guys stay motivated with your army. I kinda cant be arsed building the last few models of mine.

Mind you I do convert them all

hello chaps, i'm finally getting the 40k bug and have a few questions
>are ork bikey boys shit?
I'm thinking of starting a bike-themed ork army but i'd like to occasionally win
>what's a dreadmob? what turns a regular ork army into a dreadmob?

Salamanders, because my store used to have a quasi-Nazi that would play Irish and make a lot of eugenics jokes.

I chose Salamanders entirely to troll him with large genetically superior black men who would kill his dudes and fuck their wives. He was fun to beat.

Over time, I really started to enjoy the lore, how Salamanders are chill dudes to be around and spend all their times making blinged out guns.

Mix up projects I find is the best way.

I'm trying to finish my smurf army (last few models of nearly 8k points left..) and jumped over to painting death guard and silver tower stuff. Now I'm getting back in the mood for some smurfs for some reason lol

Orks aren't in a happy place at the moment, hopefully their codex will sort them out next year.

Dreadz and Kanz are okay.

All kinds of fast moving objective grabbers like bikes are useful.

My advice would be to start small, just getting a selection of units that you like. Once the codex is out then start thinking about what's good.

Vulkan is the Tupac of 40k.

>Play against 1ksons as Nids
>He rolls 11,12,12 and 12 on his 4 smites targeting the tyrant
>sorry bro they are just d3 because of the new rules
>Tyrant takes a total of 7 wounds
>He then eats my opponents face
The smite nerf was warranted because AM ruined the fun for everyone but holy shit does it cripple some armies

no bare heads though :(

They have one of the highest tournament win rates in the US ITC, the best ranking of the xenos. Yes, even with the Ynnari pre-nerf. Orks have no right to complain compared to Necrons and Drukari.

I wanted to have Gundams and CSM in my army. How i can use this guys?

The people at my lgs get all bitchy when I play Talon of the Emperor list and want me to tone it down for casual games, which I am happy to do just so I can play. I posted the one below but they still said its over the top, would you play this list Veeky Forums?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [61 PL, 1176pts] ++

+ HQ +

Celestine [14 PL, 250pts]: Celestine, 2x Geminae Superia

Inquisitor [5 PL, 73pts]: Chainsword, Inferno pistol, Power sword, Psyker, Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [14 PL, 270pts]
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
. Shield-Captain: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Heavy Support +

Venerable Land Raider [19 PL, 366pts]: Storm Bolter, Twin Heavy Bolter, Twin Lascannons, Twin Lascannons

++ Total: [80 PL, 1499pts] ++

Didnt notice a new thread went up

But that's exactly what Aspiring sorcerers have always done.

There hasn't yet been a single change to smite, the fuck are you talking about? Aspiring Sorcerers have always done a mini-smite.

I want to make rough riders using the deer from the wild riders kit
Is than any reason I shouldn't do this?

What were they thinking with Plagueburst Crawlers? More durable than Land Raiders at less than half the cost, wtf?

I GET TO TELL SOMEONE THE GOOD NEWS!

Those are beta rules you schmuck, they haven't been implemented yet. And nothing about that changes any smite 10+ roll damage to d3.

Custodes really don't need toning down, although they are pretty neat they're not anywhere near overpowered, especially when you have nothing BUT them. If they had Deep Strike they'd become properly good, I think.

And yeah, I would play that list, although 19 heavy infantry and one big tonk seems like it's not exactly going to instantly table people. What kind of lists are your opponents running that they consider Custodes OP?

Nice story fgt but you got half the rules wrong. Maybe try learning the rules before your next shitpost.

As the Greater Good demands!

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [84 PL, 1497pts] ++

+ Heavy Support +

Predator [9 PL, 194pts]: Predator autocannon, Storm bolter
. Two Lascannons: 2x Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 89pts]: Storm bolter, Twin heavy bolter

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

Rhino [4 PL, 72pts]: Storm bolter

+ Troops +

Blood Claws [10 PL, 151pts]
. 5x Blood Claw
. Blood Claw Pack Leader: Power sword
. Blood Claw with Plasma Pistol: Plasma pistol
. Blood Claw with Special Weapon: Flamer
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Wolf Claw (Pair)

Blood Claws [10 PL, 154pts]
. 5x Blood Claw
. Blood Claw Pack Leader: Power sword
. Blood Claw with Plasma Pistol: Plasma pistol
. Blood Claw with Special Weapon: Flamer
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Plasma pistol, Wolf claw

Grey Hunters [8 PL, 117pts]: 3x Chainsword
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power sword
. 2x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter w/Plasma Pistol: Plasma pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Frost sword, Plasma pistol

+ HQ +

Ragnar Blackmane [7 PL, 141pts]: Saga of the Warrior Born, Warlord

Wolf Guard Battle Leader [5 PL, 69pts]: Frost sword, Storm bolter

+ Elites +

Lukas the Trickster [6 PL, 118pts]

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 160pts]
. Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield, Fenrisian great axe

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 160pts]
. Fenrisian Great Axe and Blizzard Shield: Blizzard shield, Fenrisian great axe

++ Total: [84 PL, 1497pts] ++

Otherwise I face guard and a space marine player who huddle sin a corner with a bunch of dreadnaughts, aggressors, devestators etc and just whittles me down from across the board while benefiting from various bubble buffs.

And I do agree, Custodes are my favourite faction in 40k and despite my bias towards them I very much know they are not a competitive army, yet somehow they dominate my local meta.

chapters a shit

it's all about legions

Does anybody have any good art of a Praesidium Protectiva?

I like the Lamenters as well user.

Do I tell him?
You do realize it makes it next to impossible unless you got buffs to your psychic power casting.

They have deepstrike in Age of Sigmar

They also had Deepstrike in 7th, but it was removed in 8th and their points where increased.

The Warmaster, from previous thread (epub and mobi)
filescdn.com/tte9kmotk4jr

Whatever irreplicable superweapon you got, there is an exponentially growing number of railguns of comparable potential on more versatile platforms in the Tau empire.

Neutron Laser = 2 Hammerhead Railguns taped together.
Dunecrawler is also expendable and replaceable as hell, plus a more stable firing platform that comes with energy shields and anti-air capability.
I think we win on that front.

New to 40K

What are the Eldar equivalent for the 'troop types' like Death Korps of Krieg, Catachan Jungle Fighters etc?

>out gunned.
U wot?

none

eldar are fucking pussies

sup

Eldar traits are decided by their Craftworld

Am oi' zuppose' tah be impressd?

Forgive me for being less than scared of a small number of big suits in about the same weight class as a Knight Porphyrion being the best you have. Ordinatus is not impressed by your six-shot lifespan guns, either.

A Ta'unar would obliterate a knight, what are you smoking bud

What's the difference between two Eldar from different Craftworlds, then?
Do they have different themes and such?

>Celestine
Get rid of her and use /yourguys/ HQs
You are immediately /thatguy/ when you start taking super op special characters.

Knight Porphyrion, AKA Heavy Knight.

The big chap in the middle, better shields, better toughness, four baby Volcano Cannons and missiles/lascannon secondaries.

Not him, but the bananas don't have a HQ of their own yet, so it's probably the most fluffy, them protecting one of the key characters of the Imperium

>Do they have different themes and such?
Yes. Saim-Hann Eldar (Red ones) ride hover bikes and go fast. Iyanden (Yello and Blue) make extensive use of Wraithlords, Wraithguard and Wraithknights because 90% of their population were wiped out by the Tyranids. Ulthwe Eldar live in the Eye of Terror and fight Chaos. etc

Taunar could whoop a Warhound's ass on equal footing in 7th, dunno about 8th

Try to say that to my face and I'll fuck you in your skull butt.

>in 7th
Reminiscing about the good old days taufag?

>super op special characters
nigger what?

Sounds fun

In 7e it was a Warhound win at longer ranges and an even fight up close because melta arms. Void Shields were good at fending off the mega-Railgun and it took two turns of turbolaser fire to kill the Taunar because the first Deathblow would disable his shields.

In fluff the Porphy and Taunar are the same kind of heavy cruiser-equivalent that hunt down Titans in small groups, IIRC.

He is right, until I get a HQ my best choices are Celestine and Inquisitors and taking more than one Inquisitor at a time is just as unfluffy as they generaly dont work together unless its a big thing.

read this and prepare your tabs.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Eldar
The 2 basic flavours on the tabletop are:
Craftworld Eldar - goody too shoes (basically high elves in space)
Dark Eldar - Evil scary rapey torture eldar

For regular Eldar the main gimmicks are:
Alaitoc - Lots of ranger (snipery units)
Biel-Tan - Warrior based rather than the usual Eldar magic users
Iyanden - Nearly killed by Nids. Lots of ghost robot units (wraiths)
Saim-Han - Jetbikes
Ulthew - Magic Users (Farseers)

Anybody else remembers that old Tau fluff about how they were baffled by how cumbersome, inefficient and unwieldy the Imperium's huge walker robots are, and considered them absolutely shit combat assets?
It's funny that the weebs who demanded Tau to be turned into anime robots: the army never seem to know about this

2nd literally had a Codex Ultramarines, so you'd be wrong about that.

Modify him into a defiler. in this video, the thousand suns player runs a modified defiler that looks like a gundam got fucked in the ass by a warlord titan.

damn link didnt take, youtube. com/watch?v=hD_rHJWIoeA

Join Saim Hann! We have lasers!

Holy shit user. How hard is it to post a link

IIRC regular knight could 1v1 riptides in fluff, dunno about crunch tho

Take 3 inquisitors, give the Warlord awesome weapons, and the other two less awesome weapons and fluff them as an Interrogator and Explicator learning their trade under the regular Inquisitor.
Inq 1 with a Inferno Pistol & Thunder Hammer as Warlord
Inq 2 with a Power Sword & Bolt Pistol. Maybe make him Psychic.
Inq 3 with a Incinerator and idk a Power Fist if that's allowed.

In fluff a single marine can 1v1 a Riptide. So a Taunar can probably be taken out by a single dreadnought, maybe even one terminator

link was in the original post before i hit post, but Veeky Forums tends to act a bit funny when trying to put direct links, especially to youtube. so you got to mess around with the url.

His defiler made from standart defiler box.
I thought about making leviathan-decimator conversion

Lamenters

Hey, you asked how to mix your gundam with a CSM army, I gave you an answer. Take your gundams, kitbash defiler shit onto them (or go the hellbrute route depending on your loyalties) and there you go.

I paint my descent BA chapter in black whit details in red for the BT cover art.
I miss the 3th editon.