ITT post heroes who are bards

ITT post heroes who are bards

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6JX13LwnZss
youtube.com/watch?v=gxvyaapBcq4
dailymotion.com/video/x31fmo7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Explain

Not that user but she evidently has a pretty decent perform skill.

Okay

Oh yeah she's an actor, she played in that movie.

Best one.

I guess the guy from Name of the Wind

On the right

One of the sources for the character Merlin was the Welsh bard Myrddin Wyllt.

I mean desu on the left too.

How is John Constantine a bard?

suomi
finland
perkele

This is Geive. Geive is from The Heroic Tale of Arslan, and Geive is bard as fuck.

Its not just that Geive is an actor and a musician. Its not just that he doubles as a theif and a skilled archer.

Geive is only involved with the rest of the story because he meets a woman on the road, her ass was AMAZING, and she doesnt immediatly fall for his many charms. Not one to back down from a challenge, Geive follows her into working for exiled royalty, hoodwinking/fighting armies of religious fanatics, and dealing with prophecy bullshit... all because Farangis is super fine and he refuses to go away until they make sweet, delicate love.

All together now!

>Väinämöinen
Fucking nice

youtube.com/watch?v=6JX13LwnZss
Stat her.

FUCKING MOON CLAN REPRESENT

They're so fucking powerful they can detect you anywhere on the planet so long as the moon shines on you, holy fuck.

nice my grey brotha

That movie is fucking hilarious. "There's a school of whales!" "They look a bit old for school." "University, then. "University of whales?" "Well, they look like dropouts to me."

Specifically the Link from OoT, definitely a Valor Bard:

>light armor
>short sword and shield
>casts most magic through Ocarina songs

wait no "road to el dorado" or "el mariachi"

He used to lead a punk rock band, Mucous Membrane.

Two Bards who think they're Paladins.

And they also rip out the eyes of children.

how ELSE would you give them sight beyond sight?

I still cant believe how incredibly boring this movie was. It hat nice art, nice music but everything else in was just so "TAKE NO RISKS, MAKE EVERYTHING AVERAGE".
I wanted to like this movie but honestly I found it a greatly disappointing.

like I said, the best part of that movie was the very small bit we got of the moon clan.
Specifically those sisters.

Ore no Uta o Kike

YOOOOO
He's really more of a classic rogue though, like seriously he couldn't be more of a rogue, the entire book, every character and he himself describes him in every way as being a rogue. Being fairly well-spoken doesn't make him a bard, he steals shit and does crimes and has a shit ton of skills that relate to stealing shit and doing crimes.

Any of you uncultured swines seen the magic flute? any version?

Yeah they're essentially gods without any humanity.

Kubo was literally a godlike movie. It's absolutely mindblowing how Laika managed to nail the Japanese storytelling not only aesthetically, but also thematically.
Like, the theme of transience, acceptance of death, cherishing the time spent with your close ones, bonding etc. - that's such a traditional theme in Japanese storytelling.
And yet they managed to make it all low-key as fuck, with amazing attention to details that don't immediately attract attention to themselves.
Honestly, Laika right now is probably THE best Western 3D animation studio. They are not afraid of trying out risky stuff unlike Pixar, which recently churns out only shallow stuff with in-your-face storytelling.

>risky stuff unlike Pixar
>Anything about Kubo
Its like I am reading a review of TLJ by a person who praises a thoroughly mediocre if not bad movie because it has shoved-in politics he agrees with it.

worth a watch

I thought it was one of the best movies I saw last year, and I didn't think it was safe at all.

The ending is a bards wet dream, good call

> he thinks I was talking about Kubo
Coraline was risky as fuck. Really, adapting a fairytale written by Gaiman of all people without cutting most of the context is a risky decision, no matter how you spin it.
Kubo, while not risky per se, is still full of content that just doesn't appeal to your average Western viewer. It's heavily myth-/fairytale-like, and the only reason I don't call it risky is because it leaned back on the traditional Western theme of family.

The patrician choice

But user, that guy is not a hero

A true everyman

Actually derived from the legends of Väinämöinen that the Novgorodians heard from their Karelian neighbours

Was wondering when he'd get posted.

It depicted brain damage, had proper fight scenes against the moon goddesses and Monkey and Beetle both died.

Sure, it was sentimental but it wasn't exactly saccharine bullshit.

I admit I read it quite a long time ago, but if I remember correctly he used mostly social fuckery to steal and commit crimes, instead of straight-up burglary/pickpocketing making him more a bard, even if his goals those of a rogue.

youtube.com/watch?v=gxvyaapBcq4
For some reason I can't ever keep myself from laughing when I watch this one

>the traditional Western theme of family.

>westerners are the only civilization to have a traditional values of family

you can't be serious.

asians take family values so seriously there have been laws passed on family that would never have been conceived in the europe.

Don't take the fucking bait user.

Orpheus

Well, they are on a mission from God...

No mention of Kamina? This guy is definitely a bard of some manner.

>no Rojer Halfhand
Degenerates

That series started average, then promptly got worse by the book until they were incredibly bad by the end of the series.

Seriously, the only series that falls off worse is the sword of truth.

Not heroes, exactly...
dailymotion.com/video/x31fmo7

His bardic inspiration dice are d100

"Petty Dabbler"
Wins through talking
Uses all sorts of magic types, but never super strong ones

Sounds like a bard to me