/ssss/ Stand Still, Stay Silent General: Smiley Boi Edition

>What is SSSS?

Stand Still. Stay Silent" is a post apocalyptic webcomic with elements from Nordic mythology, set 90 years in the future. It's mostly a story about friendship and exploring a forgotten world, with some horror, monsters and magic on the side. The comic updates 4 times a week, on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

This General is for people to come together and discuss the comic, all whilst developing systems for games set in the world, as well as original content.

>The Comic

sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=1

>Ongoing Kickstarter (6 Days Left)

kickstarter.com/projects/hiveworks/stand-still-stay-silent-book-2/

>Vikingr RPG Project:

github.com/GunmetalStuG/Vikingr

I'll guess I'll post this here since /co/ doesn't seem to care about this comic.

Why is it that there hasn't been any sort of romantic subplot for any of the characters in this comic. I'm not someone who needs everything to turn into a love story, but a group that has 4 members around 19 years old off on their own, in a situation that varies between high stress and long stretches of down time, seems like something should have happened even if it was one sided.

I don't know, maybe it's just the author's Finnish autism showing up in the lack of human emotions. I can understand that their scout is supposed to be anti social but that doesn't excuse the other 5.

There were hints towards a Tuuri and Reynir romance, but that got sunk pretty hard recently. Lalli and Emil seem to have something going on too, but it's been pushed to the wayside in favor of survival. Same situation with Sigrun and Mikkel, as they're in the midst of some angst at the moment. (Mikkel is best boy, by the way).

I don't think Minna's going to get into any romance until they reach the quarantine ship at the earliest.

>Mikkel is best boy
I can agree to that, I just wish there was a bit more human drama. This talk between Mikkel and Sigrun has been good, but I was annoyed at Lalli and Emil finally being able to talk and essentially just saying " what's going on? No idea, guess we'll just go to sleep". Like shit man they Lalli almost sabotaged their friend ship because of his resentment over not being able to communicate, but now that they can they aren't taking advantage of it.

Vikingr update here within the next couple hours. Is the guy who wanted to playtest it still around?

Okay, Update 12 just dropped. A bit smaller update than I wanted, but it's still something. Hoping to really expand the equipment and magic chapters next time.

CORE RULEBOOK

Added lots of fluff to ‘The World’ section.
Changed ‘Weapons and Equipment’ chapter to ‘Gear’.
Changed ‘Special Qualities’ weapon trait to ‘Special Properties’.
Added Expedition Supplies Table
Added Ammunition Purchasing Table

GAME MASTER’S HANDBOOK

No updates.

Nice, I really hope to find someone to try out this system just for one session shot

If you do, let me know how it goes!

Rey Rey wanted that tight unused Finnish puss.

/shitposting.

Tuuri is puuri!

Will never not bump

I dunno. Being in the middle of snowblasted troll-infested tundra with a ghost giant after you has a tendency to kill the mood.

You're in luck! I'm running a campaign with a few friends and I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Vikingr guy here. If there's any questions you have before starting up, let me know! I'll do what I can to answer them.

What are some good starting weapons for the party? Should I give them full auto weapons from the start within reason or should they start out with burst shot and then work up to full auto?

They're gonna be working under an illegal viking operation by the way.

I'd say give them about 450 kr to play around with. If you think that's too much, give them all Mosin Nagants and shittier AKs.

Will do. Thanks.

>*Leans Into Thread*
Why hello there. Is there any room for a couple hundred more?

Headcanon: Tuuri and Reynir used to get it on in the back of the tank because they couldn't get laid back home.

Head canon accepted

Let’s talk about the monster designs being heavily inspired by monsters from Ufo: Aftermatch. Even the plot has similar premise of disease turning humans and animals except for a few hidden in bunkers or far away form civilization into ridiculous monsters.

Yes, if you decide to ignore the whole spiritual aspect of comics and the lingering subplot of magic causing mass extinction event, than yes. But eldritch horror mutated body horror goo, that was human is prevalent in many other works of sci-fi... Most notably:

>The Thing
>Dead Space

This Headcanon has been accepted. Besides, those two were meant for each other anyway.

I like the monsters in SSSS a little more, mostly because there's still a remnant of their humanity left. They're referred to as 'the Trapped Ones' because their souls are still bound to their body, driven mad by isolation and grief. Most gibbering horrors in fiction are completely divorced from their humanity.

Map bump

Anybody know what happened to that guy who made those great maps of the Pacific areas?

Here a map not for ants.

Don't deny your urges, Tuuri.