L5R - Legend of the Five Rings

L5R / Legend of the Five Rings

When was the last time you shamed your family?

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

Latest Beta Update:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/99/6e/996e894d-b3d4-44e8-810e-d1824b82fd18/l5r00_beta_updates_v20.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - jigoku.online/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

jigoku.online/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pre-Celestial card frames were the best, weren't they.

Don't be silly user

Depends on how far back you go. My favorite were the ones used from like Pearl through Samurai or so.

> still not updating the beta info
... Fuck it. Sorted that shit out last time.

Sorry user I don't normally make the thread, I just got fed up with nobody else doing it.

Clan pack leaks when?

Fuckin' Matsu over here just running in starting shit.

Keep that shit bowed too

I hate Lion so much.

But we lobe you and all your vast tracts of land

I play lion and I hate them now. FFG gib Mantis pls so I can stop.

I am still fairly inexperienced and have so far only tried playing as Scorpion (my favorite so far) and Lion, with a Crane and a not-yet-complete Phoenix deck. As such, I wonder how you play to counter Crab? When I played Lion vs Crab with my friend I felt locked down and I couldn't do much of anything.

>I wonder how you play to counter Crab?

Avoid having one large body on the board, conserve your cards as best you car to keep your honor up, if you have a play that can take Kisada off the board it can be worth a lot of resources to do so but keep in mind Crab have lots of ways to keep stuff on the board and if you spend a bunch of resources to kill him and fail you're really fucked probably better to just win your first conflict or cloud the mind if you can, while Kisada is still turned on remember to choose an ability you can trigger that you don't care much about to sacrifice to his ability before playing the ones you actually need for the conflict.

Get multiple brawlers out and watch him tilt off the planet.

to counter way of the crab stagger fate. to protect big cards you need 1-2 layers w/ fate on them. most of the time you want this to be 2 layers of 1-2 costers (you need 2 layers because 1 can get assassinated, unless you're using a 3+ coster as the layer which is generally not good idea but can work tho)

also if you run steadfast samurai and you get 5 honor more than him way of the crab is basically useless the rest of the game

>basically useless the rest of the game

Or they could just assassinate him. I mean if you're already 5 up it'll hurt but there's plenty of opponents who will be willing to do it to land a big WotC and be right for having done so.

So is rpg discussion dead now? :(

this game must have one of the ugliest ui's imaginable. even saiyan saga dbz is easier to look at , but not read lol

You should see the very early cards. I don't know why anyone ever bought into it. Celestial cards look the best though.

Well 4ed is considered better than the new one and its been out for years so there is not much to discuss.

Nah it's just slow

Force pump your brawler into the fucking stratosphere to bow their big guy and play fallen in battle. He will concede or flip the table.

>Fallen in battle
>He will concede or flip the table

It's Crab, he's probably got an Iron Mine out, a reprieve on Kisada, and one or two rebuilds in hand.

Well you just broke the mine and you just hold it if he has reprieve. I play against crab a lot. It is only hard when he get Kisada every turn of the game. Even then if you get your magistrate it don't matah.

Radiant Orator a cute, and surprisingly good

Why is phoenix/lion shenanigans so much fun?

I don't use her in my Ph/Lion deck but she's really good. Lion splash is fun because because it's a strong deck after we went through an extended period of being one of the worse clans.

Also because people get really mad when you manage to get three turns out of a Charged Tsukune/Kaede.

Wait how are you doing that?

Stand Your Ground is amazing inf Phoenix/Lion, especially combined with Charge and Guard Duty. The combo is best used on the high cost uniques, since if you're lucky you can discard to add a fate to them. Charging a Prodigy of the Waves into a water conflict is also amazing.

does Veeky Forums know of any lcgs that play like magic?

Not sure why you'd want an LCG that plays like Magic when there are so many dude-basher knock-offs out there, but the closest may have been Conquest before it was discontinued.

Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn is similar to MTG, but it's not a "LCG" technically.

GoT 2.0 felt too much like a MTG dude basher to me, but some people really like it and there is some nuance to it.

Some other rando lesser know games like Twilight of the God.

Star/Hero Realms are dude bashers but also deck builders if that's more your thing.

So I just got the Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game for Christmas. My friend says nobody at our card shop plays it and they don't carry the product either. Without resorting to some shit like facebook, where do I go from here?

I think theres a L5R discord.

You can also try playing online at jigoku

jigoku.online/

Facebook

Yeah I'll join the discord. Jigoku isn't something official, right?

No it isn't

Its also completely free to play, and maintained by players.