Weeb TCG General #6

A thread for CCGs other than Magic: the Gathering.

Resources:

Yu-Gi-Oh!
>Veeky Forums has its own YGO general thread (/dng/), with plenty of room in the OP for all of the available YGO resources

Cardfight!! Vanguard
>Official CFV card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/cardsearch
>CFV major tournament decklists:
International: cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: cf-vanguard.com/deckrecipe/
>CFV news source:
cardfightcoalition.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Future Card Buddyfight
>Official BF card database. Works pretty well, only has cards released in English.
fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/list/
>BF major tournament decklists:
International: fc-buddyfight.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/
Japanese: fc-buddyfight.com/cardlist/deckrecipe/
>BF news source:
buddyspoiler.com/
>Free, fanmade online simulator:
cardfight.ru/buddyfighten

Dragon Ball Super
>Official website (Card List/Search, Rules, FAQ, Errata, Tournament Rules, Card Rulings, etc.):
dbs-cardgame.com
>Free tutorial/demo app
dbs-cardgame.com/application/
>Play online through OCTGN and Tabletop Simulator
reddit.com/r/DBS_CardGame/wiki/index#wiki_online

Wixoss
>Free, fanmade browser-based online simulator:
webxoss.com/

Weiss Schwarz
>Full card database and translations:
heartofthecards.com/code/cardlist.html?pagetype=ws

Thread Question: What card do you want a "retrain" of? What card do you wish got archetype-level support?

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38064/top-collectible-games-spring-2017
fowtcg.com/news/christmas2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hate to ask this, but what exactly is meta in FoW New Frontiers right now? I wanted to see what exactly makes a good deck.

This little bastard right here really needs a retrain/redesign
>8 cards to bring out its final form
>At least 5 to actually make it useful
>By the time this thing is useful you've burned through everything

Disclaimer: I'm no expert. Not even close.

If you're not running the banlist, Pricia and Fox dominate the meta with Lumia/Hook making a little bit of a dent.

With the bans, the meta is a bit hazy, but Faerur decks are popular and Ayu decks are a bit of a wild card.

Thanks for the tips user. I am in the US so I don't know if the bans are actually used here. The store's posting only lists the bans from the old rotation, notably regalia. I will have to check and make decisions based on that.

Well, I need the Genesis stuff and the new nubatama support. Then there is the Gyze pack which is kind of cool and the other clans in G-BT14 are popular and strong as well so you can sell the left overs easily. Oh and let's not forget the box toppers. Nightrose and Harry are good. It's worth it to buy a case.

Is chronojet worth building? Already got most of the stuff since already built demiurge.

Chronojet is still a competitive deck (although it's been falling in usage in Japan, but new support is coming in G-BT14). If you want to cut costs a little, you can hold off on the Groovy/Nextage engine and just use a playset of Gearnext.

I'm debating whether it's worth to buy, I don't play all that often and not really competitively but uni friends all have better decks than me

What do they run? I could give you a cheaper deck that's on par with them.

Granblue, Domination, sanctuary guard and chaos

So they all play at least somewhat competitive decks. If you want something cheap that can stand on par with them, I'd recommend Deletors. If you want to run GC, there are cheap ways to build Chronojet, and Chronofang can be a blast to run, even if it's not as powerful as Chronojet usually.

Idk what starter deck to buy for force of will.
Do i go for lapis and galf deck of holo's +dice n booster packs or do i go for cheaper more up to date deck only.
Also are the playmats sold on different websites made by FoW?

Buy the Lapis Wind deck with Gil in it.
I'm not sure, don't think so.

Okay, after doing some research on Deletor lists, Given seems to be a 4-of but nobody online seems to have any in stock. Would it still be worth to build the deck without given?

Yeah, you just won't be able to rush as much pre-stride. If you go without Given, you don't need Greion for your backup G3 - Oksizz is a better backup in that case.

Man, I love the fact that Luck and Logic is there in the OP.

Anyway, if people want to talk Final Fantasy, hit me up.
Game's been going a year, we've had Regional, National and World Championships, 5 Starter Decks and 4 Sets.
It's going pretty well.

Is it cheap to get into?
Are there any games you'd compare it to?
Is there anywhere (aside from TTS) to play online?

What's a good replacement g2 in your opinion? Thanks for the help btw

>Is it cheap to get into?
Cheaper than Magic, definitely.
>Are there any games you'd compare it to?
Halfway between Magic and, I'm told, Vanguard. You've got a MTG style stack, and damage triggers.
>Is there anywhere (aside from TTS) to play online?
OCTGN.

My G2 lineup is usually some ratio of Evo, Gaele, Gio, and Zakuelad.

I'll check it out on OCTGN, then. What's a good way to go about building a deck to learn with? Should I pick a character I like and go from there, or what?

I'd say look at the starter decks, maybe give one or two of them a try, see how it goes.

Deck editor: www.ffdecks.com (with export to OCTGN)
Card list: www.fftcgmognet.com

Alright. Is there anything that plays like "spellslinger" decks in Magic, or like dredge?

Nearest I can think of to that would be a Summon based deck, using the Legend Garnet. There isn't really anything dredge like.

Summons are the spell-equivalent, right? Legend Garnet looks insane, although a bit pricey if I ever get into the physical game.

Yeah they are.
She's pricey because she was one of the main meta cards last set.
Ironically, now the new Steiner is the in thing.
I guess IX cards will just be good for a while.

Are any FFT or FFTA characters good?

Needs more Ani-Mayhem

Okay I've just put something together from what I can pick up rn

4 Zuiije
4 Heal
4 Draws (no edy anywhere)
4 Efames
4 Geeva

4 stride fodder
4 pg
3 gunec
3 gatario

4 Evo
4 Gaele
3 Zakuelad

4 Greiend
1 Jagwokk

4 Aodaien
3 Ibiores
1 Demon Maxwell

Obviously a bit budget but what changes could I make?

Spoiler for Dark Zone's Zeroth Dragon, Dust and the guy fucking jobbed in the episode he uses it and Chrono now posesses it, which is a new record

Zeroth Dragon of The End of World, Dust
Grade 4 / Triple Drive / 25,000+
[Ultimate Stride line of text here]
[AUTO]:[Counter Blast (2)] When this unit is placed on (VC), you may pay the cost. If you do, all your opponents units lose their Skills and their Power and Grade become 1. If the number of cards in your opponent's damage zone is four or less, choose one of your opponent's vanguards, and deal one damage. (Not sure if trigger from the check is negated)

Next week will feature a new Chaos Grade 3 (Chaos Breaker Crows) and Grade 4 (Chaos Universe Al Thani (?))

Remember ca/tg/irls, when going into weebtcg, you have to deep weeb.

Also, from last thread: Here are my Chino sleeves.

You play much Luck and Logic? I've recently bought a bunch of sealed product during a sale. I've found the gameplay is really well paced and fun, but it suffers from a problem I noticed in Weiss as well, largely that the most important effects are all standardized between colours (climaxes in Weiss, paradoxes and boost effects in L&L), so I worry the decks might end up playing the same. What's been your experiences with the game?

Also, I love how Yukari's tranceunions all look like really comfy pajamas.

Can I deal 1 damage to the opponent on turn one by playing that hasty 2 Lightning CP Ninja?

The mats sold on different websites are Ultra Pro ones. That said you can grab the mats made by FoW that they give out at events on ebay for cheaper than the Ultra Pro ones even, so no need to limit yourself.

>He grabbed Chino sleeves
I take back ever dissing you. I hope to follow suit and grab some sleeves like those myself.

Drop Cardburn entirely and embrace the Kaizeron.

I play every deck in HW outside of meme shit like droids. I just think Cardburn seriously needs a retrain to expedite the process

It seems that Bushi thinks that Kaizeron does the whole combining robo thing better than Cardburn and all support Beast Deity and Kaiser has gotten would be a tad redundant just to do it all again and rename some card expediting or free cost effects like Beast Deity Elphasean just to work with Cardburn.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bushiroad thought of Cardburn to be something they want everyone to forget about considering they got no specific support in the latest Hero World/Dungeon World set that came a while ago; a set that even gave Droids a new card to play with.

>Thread question:
If Bushi ever decides that Link Jokers should be more than just Messiahs, Star-vaders, and Deletors, I'd like seeing Schwarzschild Dragon get some support, and probably a retrained G3.

Well we still gotta see star corpse king support ever since they release that promo.
Man its going to suck once we move on from GZ since the stride format is solid as hell right now despite the 2 months of LJ meta

>What card do you want a "retrain" of? What card do you wish got archetype-level support?
For the Solider cards in Dungeon world to get arc-type level support. An arctype that revolves around gaining bonuses to stats or effects based on whether it shares a field with dungeon enemies, adventurers or both. Hopefully, if ever this happens, pic related gets a retrained version to be the posterboy/girl of this arctype.

Brandt looks like a really clever idea that would be interesting if they expanded.

>What card do you want a "retrain" of? What card do you wish got archetype-level support?
Well, I have been waiting for Regalia/Minerva support since Yggdrasil replaced her and they left Regalia hanging and now almost 4 years later we are getting that support.

NEOS

FoW is fun, but it definitely feels like it's dying off. Several community guys have quit, the larger stores for singles aren't really selling anything from the newer sets, etc. What's a real pain in the ass is FoWCo decided to reprint the starter deck rulers in the main sets along with Gil, so you can open three boxes of Ancient Nights, for example, and not get any of the new rulers. Not a smart decision on their part.

There used to be a small FoW group here, but then a guy got banned from the store for constantly fighting with his GF and that was it; the group splintered and dissolved.

The biggest shame is FoW was actually on the road to success. Initial launch and buy-in was pretty great, tons of people and stores were picking it up. Then Millenia of Ages happened. Then Alice Cluster happened. Things turned around some in Lapis Cluster, but now they're fucking shit up in a bad way again.

>Then Alice Cluster happened
It wasn't even most of the stuff in Alice Cluster - there were a lot of great mechanics. The real culprit was Regalia.

'It's not going to die anytime soon. It's not dying just because it's not as big as MTG or YGO.

Reflect/Refrain was Alice as well.

I claim it's dying due to decreasing sales figures. Sales on Ebay for FoW are under $900 per day for singles and sealed product in NA. This data comes from a scraper, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. It's also damn near impossible to find any slightly in-demand singles.

R/R was a single broken card. Regalia was an entire broken mechanic.

Im that nigga who played deletors last week and started replacing givens with more beatdown 10k vanillas.
Im starting to feel really bad now for opponents since they cant do shit once i delete their stupid ass. Like holy shit, when i play the other variants its a grinding game where they may make a comabeack maybe. But when i play deletors they dont even have a goddamn hand to comeback with once this motherfucker hits the field since their ass is grass from this nigga breathing down their neck.

Anyone here ever play Ani-Mayhem? If so what did you think of it? I bought a couple packs back in the day but had trouble figuring out the rules and could never find anyone to play with anyways.

Anyone building/testing the new Valeos blue wave axis deck? Looking for some tips.

this just reminds me of how much I hate it when licensed TCG's just use screenshots for the cards instead of making new art for the cards

Ah I remember your post from some time ago. I think Cardfight Vanguard had more sales right? Honestly, I wouldn't put any weight into that at all. If Cardfight Vanguard and Weiss Schwarz are considered alive then FOW is in no danger.

Peoples expectations of FOW are just way too damn high.

No, FoW had more sales than CfV.

Meh I wouldn't worry too much. Constantly talking as if the world is gonna end won't do any good.

I'm not the guy you were replying to, I just remembered the source of what you were referring to.
icv2.com/articles/markets/view/38064/top-collectible-games-spring-2017
This was from Spring so it's possible that sales decreased.

Anyone got a Garmore decklist? I remember that one topped recently but I can't seem to find it.

Nevermind.

>Caster Chronicles getting a second eng set release
>first set is sold out almost everywhere and went up in price
Feels good to have bought a ton of them. Games cute and fun, hope it catches on despite FoE not giving a fuck about the eng release.

this would probably be more appropriate for one of the two YGO generals on Veeky Forums but they'd probably just ignore it so I'm going to talk about this here;

so let's say sometime in the next couple years Yugioh gets discontinued and Konami sells the rights off to another company, that company hires you to be in charge of their reboot of Yugioh(this time under it's in-universe name of Duel Monsters), for esoteric legal reasons this reboot can't just be the old game, it has to have some changes made to it's mechanics(however they have the rights to all card names and art from the OG version) to be a distinct entity, so what changes do you make?

I'll post my own thoughts on this later

I'm fucking surprised it sold well, because I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to find anyone to play it with in Texas.

Resources :^)

I can't see that game do well. Do we know print numbers? I imagine it sold out because they simply didn't print a lot.

I only buy lewd sleeves hoping one day for anyone to say anything. No one does, autism wins again!

Yeah, allot of stores (online and physical) reporting and posting about how all but commons are sold out, and box prices have raised.

No idea, that would make sense. They underprinted the first FoW set as well. I doubt it will get super popular, but the games good and the art is as well. It could easily gather a niche cult following among Mahou fans.

Either way Ill be grabbing boxes for myself and friends to play till they stop printing.

>It could easily gather a niche cult following among Mahou fans.
>Either way Ill be grabbing boxes for myself and friends to play till they stop printing.
Man I wish I had friends to play that game with or a local community to start a small scene with. Sure looks like a lot of fun.

Just buy it, make decks, and give them to friends. Thats how you start a locals.

>No Dragons
>No robots
>Nothing obscure
No chance in hell. I just got them to try out force of will recently. I will keep my eyes open for a scene in my country, though.

>nothing obscure
All the monsters are weird as fuck demon versions of household items and food. And it has dragons too. Look through the card list. But if they like more ""mature"" anime tropes, check out Dragoborne. Great game as well.

It makes sense. And while Kaizerion is cool it doesn't have the same hype that going through all 3 stages of Card Burn in a single turn has.

There's nothing really inherently busted about Regalia as a card type, in the sense that there's nothing stopping them from printing Regalia that aren't stupid OP. They did it in Vingolf 2. They just printed a bunch of retardedly powerful ones out of the gate.

Bump for weeb games

If anything sales have gotten better with the current rotation. The Reiya cluster is actually good, and most of the real bullshit has rotated out. FoW has been above Vanguard for a while, and I don't see it slipping.

I just hope it gets bigger within the next year or two. Even though it may never be played in my city again, at least it'll grow more and more which is what I want. Shit maybe Architect will be more appealing to people, I don't know.

Are they going to bring promos over like they did for FoW?

>Caster Chronicles getting a second eng set release
Are you getting the collab with that other anime as well?

bumpity

I'm , looking to play Valeos. How needed is Alexandros to the Blue Wave g zone? Right now he's like $20 per copy.

I'm no Aqua Force player but it seems like he is super important. Honestly, $20 for a RRR stride that's going to be a staple in the deck is still okay. Remember how expensive Lambros used to be?

Hm. Not sure how comfortable I am about spending so much on a card. RIP AqF, then

Well, the card isn't going to drop in price any time soon since the deck is actually pretty good. Do you have everything else for the deck? Like the counter charge pg and the critical trigger?

No I was planning to buy everything at once

Oh fuck RIP

The cards already spiked in price when they spoilered the first card. Ocean Keeper, Plato is the perfect guard you want to use. Now look at his price if you want to see true horror.

>Implying $20 for a GR is expensive

Here's what I'd run if you are doing it "budget"

G-Zone
4x Flood Hazard
4x Tetra-boil
2x Alexandros
1x Whatever you want (I'd recommend Wailing Thavas but that's too expensive right now)
1x Ihoannes
2x Ice Barrier
2x Galfilia

Grade 3
4x Valeos
3x Arsenal Fleet

Grade 2
4x Foivos
4x Medla
4x Tidal Assault

Grade 1
4x Yorgos (Blue Wave PG)
4x Nikki
3x Beragios
3x Bright Shooter

Grade 0
1x Dagger Master Dracokid
4x Brutal Trooper
4x Any Crit you want, Supersonic Sailor if you have it / can find it for cheap
4x Bluegill Trooper
4x Refit Sailor

>Implying prices for Plato or Protect Orb Dragon are low to begin with

Revival Collection Vol. 2 when?

I don't doubt that $20 isn't expensive for a GR but it's more than I'm willing to spend on trading cards desu. Thanks for the list though, this helps.

fowtcg.com/news/christmas2017
>EU bans are now official
Praise Satan, now I might actually go to the GP that's near me. I still doubt my chances, but it'll be fun.

Yes.
Single power stat plus a charge mechanic to reward holding back attacks, summon cost system a la DotR allowing for big plays or small plays leading into a big play, contact fusion system, remove traps or quick spells (no need for both), make beast warriors count as both beast and warrior, hand refills to 5 cards each turn, generally turn the game into time management instead of hand management.

There, make it happen.

>Just getting into the game
>Probably getting some starters and packs for christmas
>Slightly concerned at the health of the format and community
>FoW Co. delivers christmas present to still my fears

So OK, it's no guarantee that a local scene will experience healthy growth, and it sucks just a little to lose a whole ruler in Pricia because she's cute, but at least they're clearly interested in showing the world they're trying, and it's not like you can't play Pricia in Wanderer or at the kitchen table level and the other two rulers targeted (Petal and Lumia) will probably still be fine.

I'm happy. I feel like I've made a good choice to look into Weeb TCGs and FoW in specific.

Its Ani-Mazing. Have some revised rules.

I'm glad they made a post and look forward to news over the next few weeks. To hear their passion for the game is satisfying. These days, companies only espouse passion for the people around the game...

That fake Thai font makes me think of Commandeer, and hope that the company behind it pushes Armament through as their global outing. I really like how different that game is; for the few that have played Lords of War, Commandeer is a ccg version of that.

Karl Georg Hoefer’s Sho first appeared in 1992 with Linotype-Hell. The font is a part of the package Calligraphy for Print, which also contains Ruling Script and Wiesbaden Swing. Calligraphy for Print 2 completes the set. These packages offer modern calligraphy fonts particularly well-suited to use in posters, magazines and advertisements. Sho distinguishes itself in the extreme contrast between the strokes. A unique characteristic of the font is the way it uses simple round forms in some of its letters, giving it a peppy and playful feel.

Spoiler is the new Grade 2 Victor rearguard, and it is pretty good due to having Resist so it can't be Griffin/Heterohound'd

Extreme Battler, Golshachi
Grade 2 / Intercept / 9000ATK / 5000SLD

[Cont] (RC): If you have a "Victor" Vanguard, this unit gains [Cont] (RC) "Resist" and [Auto] (RC) [1/Turn] [CB1] "When this units attacks, you may pay the cost. If you do, choose one of your other rearguards and [Stand] it"

Rush - [AUTO] (RC) [1/Turn] GB2 :When this unit [Stand] due to an effect from one of your cards, until end of turn, this unit gets [Power]+7000,

If you really don't want to spend on 2 Alex, then you can just put 2 Lambros instead

That's tasty. I hope Victor isn't too expensive a deck.

That's actually good for the game, and quite a nice Christmas gift to boot. I would love to see them stay as on top of things.

Lambros is just as much here, but in any case I don't think I'll build aqf anymore.

No. Honestly thats fine, sets art is weiss screenshot bullshit.

So, what got everyone into their Weeb TCGs?

>Yugioh
"Well I liked the show as a kid, might as well play it"
>Vanguard
"Shit I left my YGO cards at home while at college"
>Luck and Logic
"Hey bro pick some decks up at AX"
>Back to Vanguard
"RIP Luck and Logic"
>Buddyfight
"Oh shit I left my Vanguard collection with my friend back at college. Well, they'll get more use out of them than I will"

Wanting something other than MtG to play, and remembering how Duel Masters cards were like even though I had no one to play with still don't really.