Horus Heresy General /hhg/
12/20/17(Wed)04:39:44 No.57019072
541 KB
541 KB GIF
My space dad beat your space dad edition
Previous thread → → → #

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fanfiction.net/s/10578370/1/The-Roboutian-Heresy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how much of a trap was fulgrim really?

>>‘I win in my next move,’ declared Revelation, dropping the ‘Salvation’ card in front of His Regent. Malcador looked at the portrait writ in the coloured crystal, unmistakably that of Roboute Guilliman.

On your knees before the Primarch of salvation.

you tell me

how hard do you have to punch someone to actually knock their head off?

Not that hard. I punched lots of people's heads off without much effort.

How would the Imperium be if the traitor and loyalist primachs changed places?

It'd be dead.
Horus took all the shitters.

except fulgrim right

>Horus took all the shitters
Russ was loyal so clearly not all.

Fucker was lazy during the battle for Terra.

Perturabo and Fulgrim were very competent, Mortarion did his job relatively well until the corruption.
I think Curze would be fine too.

The only really problematic is Angron.

Eh, sometimes you need a biker dude to break some knees.
But, honestly, give Russ to the traitors. We'll take ...uh. Perturabo or Magnus, I guess?
Honestly, the traitors are pretty much all shitters

Because he got corrupted by Chaos.
If he stood loyal I don't think he would end as a Daemon prince.

Trade Russ for Horus.

Yeah but one of them has hookers and blackjack now.

Perturabo I'll give you, but Fulgrim was already down a dark path early on. And I'd rather take fucking Lorgar before unbearable dipshit that is Mortarion.
Curze and Angron need to be taken behind the shed from the get-go.

>Fucker was lazy during the battle for Terra.
>Posts Sons of Horus who did literally nothing

Neat idea, but I feel that's sorta cheating.

Iron Warriors, Sons of Horus, and Death Guard were the only ones actually being strategic.

>I think Curze would be fine

Traitorfags never cease to amaze me with their delusion and stupidity

Insulting wouldn't make you look smarter

Curze was rapidly losing his shit in a spectacular fashion, user, right next to Angron.
Curze had a lifespan tattooed on his forehead.

You mean Horus GOT all the shitters. That should have been his first big red flag that he'd made a huge mistake.

It's honestly amazing he got anything done. Can you imagine Horus with Gulliman, the Lion, and Ferrus on his side?

I love that one short story where Horus is talking to Ferrus Manus' skull about how his side is filled with retards.

Night Lords were literally best legion wtf are you talking about. They only even rebelled because Emps was a dick and tried to arrest them. Their legion was proud and didn’t succumb to chaos.

Even Curze thought his legion was shit.

>were literally best legion wtf are you talking about
>loses every single battle
>20,000 batmen got BTFO by 4000 Ultramarines
>didn’t succumb to Chaos
>their largest warband in 40k is led by a daemon prince
I know this is bait so here’s your (You)

[Citation Needed]

In Prince of Crows Cruze whines to Sevatar about how terrible his legion is. He also says something along the lines of
>the other traitors purged the disloyal undesirables from their marines but I didn’t even know where to start

And yet we learned in the NL O how they love him.

what do you all think of my glorious primarch fulgrim

cuter as a snek.

Loyalist EC are my favourite legion fluffwise and aesthetically. It’s a shame that they apparently got 100% wiped out at Isstvan. I don’t think there’s been any mention of them apart from a single knight errant who promptly dies.

Carrying a spear doesn't make you a soldier. Killing children makes you a soldier.

Seriously, user, don't even try to pretend Night Lords were anything other than jobbers. I play them, I love them dearly, but they were a shitty Legion composed of shitty soldiers who did the square root of fuck all until a real military came along and utterly shattered them.

It's an imperfect and overused comparison, but Night Lords are Trevor from GTA 5. Evil, unreliable, vicious, worthless gutter trash who you occasionally need when you want another piece of worthless gutter trash's door kicked down in the middle of the night to make him pay his rent next month.

Truly the most melancholic part of the Heresy was the turning of the Emperor’s Children.

Im a huge dramafag, I love extremely emotional stories of betrayal and corruption and the EC are my favorite from the heresy

Red Scorpions have Emperor’s Children geneseed. you could go with them.

On a completely unrelated topic anybody know if they have said anything about the next primarch they are releasing i have been waiting for Alpharius for 3 years now i am dying

The fact that he got as far a he did is a testament to how good a general he was. Some user once came up with an alternate universe where the only legions chaos could get on its side are the Word Bearers, the Night Lords, the World Eaters, the Death Guard, the Iron Warriors and (I think) the Emperor's Children. The Heresy was crushed within a week.

What if Roboute or Lion lead the Hersey?
Also have a cute Fulgrim.

Dorn is finished and will probably be released in around a month.

>Red Scorpions have Emperor’s Children geneseed
This is headcanon

With the same bunch of misfits and fuckups (save the ones they led) I don't think either would do too much better. Also, chaos seems to have a corrosive effect. The Emperor's Children was one of the top-shelf legions until their Primarch became Slaanesh's love toy, then they just lost all military discipline and unit cohesion. But Guilliman would have been smart enough to follow Lorgar's lead and pledge himself to chaos undivided rather than just one of the gods, so that probably wouldn't have happened to the Ultramarines. Don't know enough about the Lion to guess how he'd go about it.

Why is it that nearly everyone outside of /hhg/ seems to shit on Iron Warriors a disproportionate amount?

do you guys like my Emperors children they are traitors btw

Look in pretty good

Imperial propaganda.

My god, this thread is deader than my hopes for some decent GK fixes.

Night Lord strategies makes a lot of sense.
More than the fortifications of the IF or the more meele oriented legions.

Because Perturabo is bitter.
That's the only reason really.

>le speartip strategy for every battle
>wow much general
>so tactical

No. It’s heavily implied they are founded with left over EC geneseed.
>extremely pure geenseed
>EC had most pure seed
>don’t venerate a primarch
>bit of a secretive chapter
>no info officially of who parent legion is
>don’t allow AM or AA to examine their seed
>obsession with perfection

I just realized that Horus is *teleports behind you*: the general

Also Horus is an absolutely shit leader. If you put me in charge I would have won because I’d Exterminatus all the major fortified planets immediately instead of engaging in costly troop invasions.

I need to Astronomicon so I couldn’t pull that trick on Terra but Horus almost won that despite being an actual retard with his resources throughout the Heresy so I think I’d be fine.

Part of the problem is BL can’t actually write stories involving genius tactical decisions or great strategies, because they are brainlet pulp writers. So we are just old Horus or El Johnson or Fulgrim are these strategical geniuses but we never really see evidence of it.

Only the last one means something.

EC geneseed were not really that pure either. They got a lot of cancer marines when they didn't had direct access to Fulgrim's geneseed

>If you put me in charge I would have won because I’d Exterminatus all the major fortified planets immediately instead of engaging in costly troop invasions.
And you'd lose because you just burned all of your human and industrial resources. And that's not getting into the whole king of the ashes problem.

Wow! You're right!
Those characteristics could only mean the Emperor's Children, Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands or Dark Angels were the founding chapter, but those loyalist ones are too unrealistic so it's deffo the EC.

Regardless, Red Scorpions are a terrible loyalist EC chapter. They're nowhere near fabulous enough.

This is a major, major, unavoidable, debilitating, depressing problem.

Horus is also supposed to be charismatic. But again
>Hey, shutin literature nerd who is so pathetic you've been forced to write books for a niche, childish game about homoerotic toy soldiers. I need you to write a charismatic person
>Sure, no problem

Literally with the exception of Fulgrim all of the traitor legions failed to complete their objectives.

Perturabo failed to defeat the White Scars. Failed to take Terra before loyalist reinforcements alive. Angron and Lorgar both failed to contain Guilliman in Ultramar' despite double-teaming him. Word Bearers failed to kill Sanguinus and Guilliman, AP failed to keep the Space Wolves from Terra, the Night Lords failed to keep the Dark Angela from going to Terra. Death Guard failed to prevent the White Scars from reaching Terra.

Total losers. Not a single fucking Traitor Primarch could win a 1v1 legion fight against their loyalist counterparts.

I knew somebody would try this silly argument. Most of the worlds that were fought over for destroyed anyway. Also it’s 20 or so worlds out of a million. It’s barely a dent in the Imperium as a whole. Arguably I’d preserve more infrastructure overall because the war would be over much quicker. (not that it matters)

When you examine the numbers nothing makes sense anymore.

>Also it’s 20 or so worlds out of a million.
It's vastly under a million. The Imperium didn't hit the million mark until after Macharius did his thing.

Beneath the gold, the bitter steel.

Even if we give the ridiculously conservative estimate of 100,000 worlds then a few dozen is still less than negligible. (especially when the alternative is losing)

Sorry Horusfags but your “strategic genius” Primarch was a dumb cunt.

Someone wrote this, which is fairly comprehensive. It also flips every
legion.
m.fanfiction.net/s/10578370/1/The-Roboutian-Heresy

Some notable changes
>Iron cage is a ring of fortifications around Ultramar.
>Loyalist stayed legions
>Evil Guilliman's corpse still on stasis in Ultramar waiting to wake up
>WORD BEARERS never become religious
>Angron dies at Istvann 5 instead of ferrus
>Thiel leads the loyalists at Istvann 3

I couldn't find it since it wasn't called /hhg/ or Horus heresy general, I'm blind.

>EC had most pure seed
HAHAHA sure bud

>do you guys like my Emperors children
yes

>they are traitors btw
no, not anymore desu

They are blind to the truth. The truth of iron.

Just letting you know the Space Wolves where getting their asses handed to them by the Alpha Legion and had to get saved by the Dark Angels so i am not sure i would really say the Alpha legion failed in a 1v1 when in reality they barely lost a 2v1 and absolutely crushed the Space Wolves.

Shear resistance of human neck must be overcome. So the punch has to be pretty hard.

There was a full millennial of loyal EC, around 6000 marines. Read the fucking fluff fag.

>Alpha Legion
>Traitor
Cool fanfic bro

You have been chosen to fix the guardian spear, how would you do it ?

>cut point cost
>while at it, cut point cost for every custard unit
>wow, they're actually not shit now
Also does anyone have great crusade remebrancers scans?

> Waaah I have to use my fucking brain when deploying and assaulting with my bananas

Fuck off spears are fine

Nerf Jetbikes.

Source?

Why did you call user a fag?
Inb4 fag

Remove shield captain.

4th or 5th black book, fluff section.
Because anybody who posts here without reading the black books should be perished. I hate when the fags that just read "Fulgrim" come here and starting to argue about fluff.

More like the writers behind it are dumb cunts. It's clear that narratively Horus was a massive and destructive threat to the Imperium.

>hey guys, Macca here from the Outer Circle, and today we are going to talk about how Custoads are overpowered.

macca reckons anything that isn't 1kSons is OP if it kills his sons in anyway

Hey anons any advice on getting some robes into the mix for dark angels?

>hey guys, Macca here from the Outer Circle, and today I am officially announcing I am no longer buying GW products. Except forgeworld, Horus Hearesy, Necromunda, and second hand GW.

The NL were a useful tool. Slaughter a planet and spread the act to the rest of the system to make them bend the knee, instead of killling the system. Saves a whole lot of casualties on both sides. Fear is a potent weapon.

They didn't do well in the heresy because they were never ment to fight fair.

Is this real?

NL O?

That book was a mistake.

Did anyone say SNEK?

I would assume not, they have plenty of Traitors to draw from, why would they turn the Wolf.

In space with no helmets on...?

>And I'd rather take fucking Lorgar before unbearable dipshit that is Mortarion.
You what? What's wrong with Morty?
He was pretty much the only reliable brother primarch Horus had. Everyone else had their own agenda or vendettas to pursue.
I do think that Lorgar is one of the more useful traitor primarchs. If Fulgrim didn't fuck over Perty, I'd imagine him being more useful.

>Lorgar was spreading word of chaos and bringing the ruinstorm. Actually useful, but still had his own agenda.
>Angron was unhinged and hard to control, so Lorgar had to babysit him during the Shadow Crusade.
>Perturabo was fucking around at Tallarn wasting resources, until Horus warp called him and told him to stop.
>Alpharius, is Alpharius. Not really the most trustworthy sort. Paramar showed this.
>Fulgrim was busy fucking around doing his own thing. He even tried to kill Perturabo, one of his so called allies.
>Mortarion was following Horus orders and helping him a bit, during Molech and other places.
>Konrad Curze was a monster, and hardly reliable.
>Magnus joined late, after fence sitting in the warp.

>Konrad Curze was a monster, and hardly reliable
He obeyed Horus. He kept fighting the DA because Horus told him to. It was Sevatar that decided to disobey him.

If Horus was such a dumb cunt how did he get all the way to the Imperial Palace doorstep?

Ok you're right, Curze did some good. But he was still haunted by visions IIRC, which messed him up.

Lets face it, he wasn't the most sane primarch.

Pretty hard, what with him having a helmet on and everything, but rage will do that for you.

OP fucked up. Not your fault.

Guilleman spends a couple of hours in hard vacuum with no helmet punching Word Bearers if I recall correctly, he appears to have no trouble holding his breath that long.

True, shit happens.

Merry Christmas /hhg/ by the way.

That’s always been Heresy fluff that Horus has to attack before guilliman etc get back