>New Geist preview
theonyxpath.com/all-souls-day-preview-geist-the-sin-eaters/
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/7en4iz
discord.gg/Dv9rpf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A strong delusion. They simply think they are someone or something they are not. Like a trannie vampire desperately trying to find someone to teach him vicissitude.

Or less contentiously, a vampire who THINKS he's an Elder awakening from Torpor and speaks with the refined manner of an Eastern European noble but is in fact a Malkavian who was embraced last Tuesday.

>Thoughts on Contagion Chronicles?
Contagion Chronicle update
>The overall plan for the book is to present a Chronicle where the playable supernatural types are involved in a single world. Specific tweaks to powers or whatever will be provided as needed to enable the Contagion Chronicle to work, and as examples for your own crossover games and Chronicles. So hopefully, you’ll find some answers in how such territorial issues are handled in the specific Contagion Chronicle setting.

It'll probably be bad. But I hope it isn't.

>Specific tweaks to powers or whatever will be provided as needed to enable the Contagion Chronicle to work

I can almost hear the screeching magefags from the future

Does anyone use range bands from Chrod´s Hurt Locker?

I am asking because it mentions that moving between ranges cost a movement action but I don't know what a movement action is.

Do you have to sacrifice your action to get 1 movement action? Or you get 1 movement action as part of your action and then you can sacrifice your regular action for an extra movement action?

So in forsaken 1st you had the gift of luna but considering there arent a thing anymore in 2nd. You automatically gain renown and lunar gift without lunes intervention. And the notion of "rare gifts" arent a thing anymore.

What uses have forsaken for Lunes?

And for that matter if any spirit of a concept can teach you a gift why not look for rank 2 spirits of the concept you want and never have to negotiate with higher ranking Spirits?

So are scelesti basically the Awakening nephandri?

>Want to get into Mage fluff
>It's boring
>Want to get into Mage mechanics
>It's boring

Yes and no. Yes in that the "descend all reality" type is a Sclesti, no in that Scelesti is a wide umbrella due to it being more of a political term to put on others, like practitioners of Left Handed Legacies or Tremere Liches.

>mage mechanics

What mechanics?

>I can almost hear the screeching magefags from the future

Yes, mages (and probably demons and mummies) will need to be severely nerfed for there to be any hope of a viable crossover. That's probably the reason why OPP decided to employ a suggested alternative setting rather than a simple crossover book. If the setting isn't canon CofD, it can be ignored. Magefags will not recognize it and snowflakefags an have a sandbox were mages don't kick their pc's asses for shits and giggles.

In theory, everyone wins. However, since this is OPP, the actual alternative setting for TCC will probably suck, and the crossover mechanics will be meager and insufficient.

I am confident, however, that significant and valuable space will be devoted to sidebars and internal text concerning pronoun use, pregnancy, menstrual blood, and inter-splat gay, transgender and furry lifestyle issues.

So I'm doing a fan-splat for CATastrophe. Is this a good idea? Y/Y?

Just play that one cat spinoff of Pugmire. Monarchies of Mau or whatever it's called.

No, that's stupid. It doesn't have mechanics, and I also really like the character system of nWoD.

>I can almost hear the screeching magefags from the future
But this is exactly what they've been trying to pound into crossover-fags heads for fucking years now.

>DON'T USE MAGES IN CROSSOVERS! JUST DON'T!

I've always seen someone mention using lower level sorcerers and psychics instead, followed by many more agreeing with this point. If Mages have to be present, All PCs should be Mages or only NPCs(and I'd limit it to one that happens to be very antisocial and with zero contacts or friends in Mage society)

Faggots that NEED to have Mages interacting with other splats get what they deserve: A severely nerfed/retarded Mage or a lesson in humility. Either way, someone's not having fun.

>Fill in a bunch of dots on a sheet.
> throw big handfuls of dice and tell everyone else how awesome you are.
>No one else cares because they're too busy rolling their own dice and talking over each other.

Or is that just WoD in general?

I realize I'm probably dumbing then a sack of bricks.

But I'm having a hard time finding Angel creation rules both in the God Machine Chronicle and in Demon the Descent. Anyone know where they are?

>finding Angel creation

Look at the Demon corebook under ephemeral beings, starting on p. 339.

There's also an entire chapter in the Demon Storyteller's Guide, pp. 50-75 (see link below).

sendspace.com/file/7en4iz

The DSG is one of the best CofD supplements, particularly the crossover bits. I hope the Contagion Chronicles have the same authors

Why is /wodg/ so dead today?

So, how 'bout those Seers of the Throne?

>Be me
>Usually plays oWoD
>Friend comes up to me and says they are going to run a VtR game
>Reads through the clans and bloodlines
>Bruja are literally the Brujah through the lenses of someone who hasn't read in depth about the clan
>Most bloodlines are just a variation of a clan with a short story to justify a new gimmicky power and weakness
I was pretty bored while reading, any recommendations of clan/bloodline to play or should i just stay away from CofD?

>and I also really like the character system of nWoD.

Wow user, you do have shit taste. Nobody like NWoD system, we mostly barely tolerate it.

>A strong delusion. They simply think they are someone or something they are not. Like a trannie vampire desperately trying to find someone to teach him vicissitude.

Delusion isn't exactly the right word for it.

>Nobody like NWoD system

Speak for yourself. The nWOD and CofD systems are MUCH better and more streamlined that oWOD, and I've been playing both since WW games were first released in the mid-1990's.

Theyre kinda boring antagonists, theyre mages so theyre just assholes of a different stripe

Thanks so much.

Touchstones are a shitty mechanic, but CofD is otherwise breddy gud.
I would stay away from bloodlines. The five clans are pretty lax with how you can play them as long as you fulfill their basic character tenet like traveling/surviving for Gangrel or the urge to rule for Ventrue. Pic related for example is a Ventrue who lives in the sewers and rules over rats and hobos. When you add a bloodline to that, which tend to be much more specific in reguards to behaviour and sometimes appearance, it feels like you reintroduce the railroading from oWoD clans.

You can normally move your speed and take an action without the range bands OR not take an action and move x2 your speed.

Mekhet can be ok

Better than shit doesn't mean good

With extra actions in OWoD can you even dodge more than one attack per extra action round?

I mean, you say that, but:

>a) Dice pools are the superior resolution mechanic
>b) Power/Finesse/Defense stat vs Mental/Physical/Social grid is nice and intuitive
>c) RAI trumps RAW

As someone who comes from a mostly Shadowrun background, there's a very good balance between simplicity and actually being able to describe characters accurately. My two issues are the limited Virtue/Vice system, as well as the rather sparse and unbalanced Merits system.

Anyway, for CATastrophe, it beats whatever bullshit weeb crap they used (MAID and some kind of furry bullshit) and better than FATE because the dump I just took is better than FATE.

>FATE
>crap

The new system for Trinity and Scion appears to be little more that the evil bastard stepchild of FATE and Storyteller.

It's a real disappointment as I was otherwise really looking forward to the new Trinity.

Updoad Changing Ways pdf plese

Honestly, I feel when you need to come up with a better resolution mechanic, you should channel your autism, and come up with your own OR port one over from another system. My friend is currently DMing a game of Deadlands using the Shadowrun dice mechanic. It's working mostly great.

>As someone who comes from a mostly Shadowrun background
That explains that.

Why do you want the dog fucking supplement?

I've never read fate, but the full system preview we have so far doesn't seem that much different then most other OPP games. What am I missing besides paths just kinda rolling what were previously backgrounds/merits/whatever in other games into one thing?

He's just a big fan of Werewolf: the Apocalypse, user.

so as it turns out the guy we thought was going to be ST'ing our forsaken game actually wanted to play instead. if you are interested in ST'ing a game of WtF over discord with voice then follow this link!

discord.gg/Dv9rpf

there's six of us, all at different experience levels so keep that in mind if you're interested

>The DSG is one of the best CofD supplements, particularly the crossover bits. I hope the Contagion Chronicles have the same authors

Indeed. Who's the developer for The Contagion Chronicles?

Oh geez that kinda sucks. Hope everything works out for you guys

>So, how 'bout those Seers of the Throne?

They throw the best parties in the CofD. They are the envy of the Ashwood Abbey and can make a true fae blush.

>Join the Seers

Yes. With your full dicepool if you have celerity/rage or by splitting it like every other extra action

So does it use up actions? If I spend 5 rage and get attacked 3 times do I only get 2 attacks?

Um yes?

Like how else do you think it fucking works?

Mentions Rage, so is a woof fag. Explains the stupidity.

what's the best merit to represent my character having a handful of adolescent mages as apprentices?

Status and retainer maybe?

Status and Striking Looks.

Not fucking status. Status in what? Adolescent mage club?

It'd be Allies.

>Status in what?
Consillium or order?

which of the things you can requisition using order status do you think fits?

>Alternate Identity, Retainer, Imbued Item, Artifact, Grimoire, Mentor, Hallow, Sanctum,
>Library, Advanced Library, Safe Place, Familiar, and Resources

I'll tell you....ZERO

You don't requisition anything. When the newly awakened mages of your order get parceled out to mentors you pull rank with your big fat status cock and have them all transferred to your place.

Tip #1: Don't go into Requiem expecting to see 1-for-1 OWoD stuff. Everything that reflects something from OWoD was purposely written in a different manner. Some of it was good, some of it was bad. But doing a one-for-one comparison is bad.

Myself, I like all the core 'clan' changes to NWoD's Requiem clans to be archetypes. Ventrue as 'lords of all they survey' covers a lot of stuff, like my favorite example NPC of a Ventrue 'trailer park slumlord'.

Overall, I've had the most fun playing Nosferatu, Mekhet and Ventrue in NWoD. Nosferatu are especially fun since they aren't Schreck-ugly (despite what the artists would have you believe), and are more about the 'unsettling creep' factor.

Also, that's the schtick of Bloodlines. Unlike Bloodlines which were 'minor clans' in Masquerade, Bloodlines are offshoots of the main clan (called the parent clan). Bloodlines are created by a specific vampire by changing their blood to fit their their outlook/personality/goals. It's more like a family/line of descent within a Clan than a smaller Clan itself.

When will the Contagion Chronicle even be released?

Never. OPP is kill.

>I was pretty bored while reading, any recommendations of clan/bloodline to play or should i just stay away from CofD?

Unless your DM is gonna treat Clan as political entities, clan are meaningless by default, just choose the combination of disciplines and weakness that better fit your PC.

The covenant is where the meat of the factions/politics are at.

so do I, but if we really can't find anybody, seeing as we're mostly entry level ass dudes any way, I'll be ST'ing. which might be a tiny problem as I've never ST'd anything in my life.

I do write in my spare time, so campaign won't be a problem but giving npc's stats, especially antagonists, will be a pain in the dick

signs of sorcery when

>I do write in my spare time, so campaign won't be a problem but giving npc's stats, especially antagonists, will be a pain in the dick

Why don't you use one of the premades? There are Denver, UK, and Chicago.

I would feel awkward using a premade setting of a place I've never been, that, and I have been a few cool places that would be easy to adapt with a few things borrowed

Just use the NPCs from those settings somewhere else then

Aren't you supposed to be out seeking out some fresh period blood, goth boy?

Metis are for yiffing with no more metis made and lupus are for minmaxers who want free gnosis or to fuck dogs. Have you never played apocalypse?

Dude. you missed an opportunity.

There's always been a disconnect between the fluff and the mechanics, I just imagine in any sort of 'crossover' thing the fluff is going to trump the mechanics. I picture things will basically work like they do in M20. Practices are out the window, certain things simply require arbitrary levels in arcanum in order to do. That and they're will probably be a more in depth mechanic for powers interacting across splats, like beyond just adding supernatural tolerance to resistance rolls

We can still use it, we just have to get enough posts in here to get to a new thread by tomorrow. Thats easily done, just watch.

Archmages might be able to beat Caine, but there's no way they could beat Goku.

>There's always been a disconnect between the fluff and the mechanics

Not really, no. WoD is more mechanic:lore/fluff tight than D&D.

>Archmages might be able to beat Caine, but there's no way they could beat Goku.

>archmage turns itself into super saiyan

It's only going to throw in suggestions on how to run crossover.

Legit crossover is using rules RAW, which just won't be the case in Contagion.

I mean in the sense there are sections that speak of the various splats being roughly equal in power when they aren't, as well as sections of plot induced stupidity in the various adventures across the gamelines

You are assuming they will do an extensive balanced work for the chronicle, I seriously doubt they will be reworking any of the splat base powers for one chronicle, if anything only how they interact with each other.
You just gotta amp up the magic resistance of any supernatural to supernal magic and maybe make paradox scale faster to limit more the use of spells (though this has side effects since having to deal with the effects of a big paradox derails the story)

>WoD is more mechanic:lore/fluff tight than D&D.

But thats like saying that one is slightly less hot than the sun. Is not really an accomplishment.

>I mean in the sense there are sections that speak of the various splats being roughly equal in power

Sorry, I don't see it.

I have no doubt that in order to create splat "balance," the morons at OPP will probably use some setting fiat to marginalize mages, such as having anything to do with the Contagion especially (and inexplicably) resistant to supernal magic, but not the powers of anyone else.

Even without the "mage issue," forcing the splats to work together risks turning the CofD into matic Superfriends.

I don't envy the developer and writers, and I don't expect to be impressed with the book.

Yes, you're entirely correct, but there *is* a notable difference between the two regarding consistency. Certainly 10x more in CofD than OWoD.

babbys getting their way with contagion? lol

rip mages in -one- fucking book, i'll stick to actual rules and not some tweak to appease the autistic spergs

>the effects of a big paradox derails the story

If big paradox is a problem for canon mages, it will not be kind to other splats.

At least it's implied that the Contagion will not be Abyssal. The shrieking from fans about mage setting supremacy would be annoying.

I expect it to be made perfectly clear in the Contagion Chronicles that it is an alternative setting, and not canon CofD, to avoid any arguments that rules modification for balance trump the existing gamelines.

>Contagion Chronicle
>Because our players are too stupid to work out crossovers

lol

Admit it. Mage needs a canon nerf bat A S A P

>Legit crossover is using rules RAW
No, this is what I'm disagreeing with. I don't think the devs see the mechanics as the most 'legitimate' version of anything. The fluff and way things are described are the more important things I would assume, seeing as how particularly nWoD is far more focused on story and themes and so on then dice rolling

The devs have told us time and time again that balance just isn't a factor of these games.

Not sure what you're getting at. Fluff entirely posits certain templates are more powerful than others.

Is there going to be a Monday Meeting tomorrow or are they gonna skip it because of holidays?

>ge needs a canon nerf bat A S A P

Why, Mage as a gameline works fine, particularly since crossover is explicitly not a design priority in the second edition.

However, few would object to an *alternate* setting that revises the rules to be more crossover friendly, although most believe OPP incapable of producing such a book while maintaining setting verisimilitude or it turning into Mystic Justice League. We'll see if OPP pulls it off with The Contagion Chronicles.

>Merry Christmas from Dave with a little more Mage Supremacy for holidays.

>Little known or used virtual immunity to all tilts and metal conditions

>As a horror game
>Mage

Mage is about the horror of what a basic human is capable of when given cosmic power,

>what a basic human is capable of when given cosmic power
Shitposting? I agree, it's horrific.

What would be the shitposting arcanum

Fate

>blood bonds useless on mages

oh dave and his supremacy

no one buys that

Well you're going to have to

I actually feel kinda bad for Dave. He put all this effort into Mage (and he made a pretty good game) but he still has to lie to himself that Mage has any meaningful horror in it.

Why didn't you just call it Ars Magicka modern, you'd have had a much happier time Dave.

While mages have versatile and potent abilities, often far beyond the other splats, against mage-specific Cthulhu-esque opponents, those abilities don't seem nearly so impressive.

As a gameline, mage is just fine, with a horror element at the cosmic scale.

He's lying so he can come up with an excuse for Mage being so overpowered.

>m-muh personal power horror

>blood bonds useless on mages

Hey, the ability is balanced, it costs a whole 3 Mana!

With Mage, Dave's had his fun swimming in the deep end of the fame power tiers, and now with Deviant, he's wading in the shallows.

Is it? We're capable of some pretty horrendous shit without cosmic power, but as the saying goes: one death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic. Eventually shit's just not going to meaningfully register.

Can the players actually make things worse than they are? The world being a shithole is already some mage's fault. And if they can - and so many threads derailed by magefags breaking both their arms jacking off mages makes me think that no, it's not possible, some extant big swinging dick mage is going to oppose any mage player characters with the same extreme deep dicking prejudice a regular mage uses against anyone ever trying to do anything to a mage, ever, like, even cutting a mage off in queue or traffic - do you really think it'd be any different than playing the Sims or Sim City of something and deliberately setting the game to maximum edginess?