Warhammer 40000 general - /wh40kg/

T'au a shit and don't belong in 40k edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=321wCzRSySw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for remove Tau

Second for Tau are alright

Can you field Aeldari jetbikes without bases? The damn fuckers just take up too much space!

you CAN

but you'll be judged for it.

First to make this thread sad before Christmas

What were they thinking with DG vehicles? Way more durable than what they're paying for. A list of only plagueburst crawlers won a tourney ffs

xth for best Chapter

where?

How threatening is a single solitaire?

I'd like to take one in an auxiliary detachment with my dark eldar just because I think he looks cool and he's got 8 attacks. I'd be cool to watch him take out entire squads on his own.

Get 40mm bases and Arabi my attach the flying stands to them. Makes them a lot easier to transport.

They're still a bit of a pita to get out of the case though

Tau make nice furniture, though.

They're awful. Take another troupe squad instead.

Is there a unit that you love the fluff for?

I love the idea of using Star Trek transporter accidents as a weapon

Just watched Bright, the elves in combat are what I'd imagine Drukhari wyches are like - they were jumping around all over the place just massacring fools.

I read that White Scars scar their faces. Are there any depictions of what patterns they might have?

Replace the clear base with the solid base? How does that change anything? Most annoying part is the penis tip that slots into the bikes.

Magnets dude.
But yeah, the smaller stands are fine, all of mine came with the huge bases

Usually just lines and jagged lightning patterns across the face as a sign of their home tribe/veteran status, typically something like pic relateds face

reposting:
What sort of cult/coven/kabal bonuses are you hoping for when the codex arrives?

potential wych cult bonuses(not necessarily all at once):
>let you advance and charge the same turn
>add one to all saving throws when within 1" of enemy units
>allow you to fall back and charge the same turn

potential covens bonuses:
>improve Inured to Pain to 5+
>ignore AP-1
>melee weapons gain AP-1, stacking with previous AP values - a weapon with AP-1 becomes AP-2, and so forth
>invulnerable saves can't be taken against TALOS PAIN ENGINE attacks

potential kabal bonuses:
>+1 to wound on all Darklight weapons(this includes blasters, blast pistols, dark lances, dark scythes, and disintegrator cannons)
>reroll 1s to wound on Splinter weapons(this includes splinter rifles, splinter pistols, shardcarbines, splinter pods, and splinter cannons)
>+1 to cover bonuses

potential stratagems
>temporary allegiances: 1CP, before start of battle, 1 non-character unit without either , , or gains one of those

>make them suffer: target unit rerolls all failed hit rolls with Splinter weapons

>punish the fools:1CP: when resolving overwatch against target RAIDER or VENOM, the units embarked inside may also fire.

>illicit stims: 2CP: before the start of the first battle round, you can give one unit without the COMBAT DRUGS special rule combat drugs. They may not take the same drugs another unit has already been given.

>Weaponry of Commorragh: 1CP: target 1 drukhari unit on the battlefield. during the shooting phase, wound rolls of 6 with darklight weapons inflict an extra D3 mortal wounds.

Are you me?

Death to the vermin tau

Wyches need to be 2 attacks base, Bloodbrides 3. Advance and charge, 4++ when advancing, +1 to No Escape roll.

Kabals need to hit better somehow. They're Eldar. Ravagers shooting twice when stationary would be nasty.

Anyone know if you can still take Wolf Guard Pack Leaders without terminator armor for grey hunter squads? CA changed unit size down by one
>autismo is confused

With hekatarii blades, wyches ARE 2 attacks base, since it's their base equipment load out.

They are 3 attacks with the right combat drug.

4 Attacks would really be OP - it's okay on Bloodbrides since you're paying a premium for that extra attack.

You don't take wyches to just flat out kill other infantry, you take them to tie up shit you don't want to deal with - that's the whole point of No Escape.

If you want a melee unit that just butchers whatever infantry you throw it at - you take incubi.

Can that faggot ride Moondraken yet?

What is the appeal of Apocolypse? I don't get it. I've been in several, and the experience is genuinely awful every time.
>take significant time to set up, often the day before
>game starts
>wait 3 hours
>watch people jerk off to their titan stats
>remove a bunch of models
>repeat for another 12 hours
Why is this considered fun?

Except they're shit at tying things up. 42% chance to keep the enemy in place, if they even survive the overwatch.

They're the best killers in the universe. They should kill things.

So I have been playing Ynarri and Harlequins since they came out and in 8th was gifted stronger harlequins and the ability to choose two powers, words of the phoenix and Twilight pathways. With the release of the new eldar codex we have a new speed boosting power in quicken. With this power I can speed boost a third unit for a formidable alpha strike of some of the games best close combat units.

1496pts/1500pst

Battalion Detachment
HQ:
Yvraine (warlord) Words of the Phoenix/ ancestors grace 132
Shadow seer twilight pathways 134
Spirit seer Quicken 45

Troops
5x harlequin troupes with caress and fusion pistols 150

Dedicated Transports
Star weaver 2x shurken cannons 99

Fast attack
6 shining spears w/ 1 exarch and star lance 219
6 shining spears w/ 1 exarch and star lance 219

The main goal of this list is to put my guys in the enemies face as soon as possible. Having 16" moves help this but being able to move a second time really lets me get anywhere on the board. Even with the nerf to Ynnari is still feel that strength from death is pretty OP. With strength from death my shining spears can multicharge a character and a unit (or two smaller units) focus down the character and then attack a second time to kill the unit the character was accompanying. SFD also allows the spears to fight in combats they know they will win and also fly off to clam an objective up to 22" away. Shining spears shooting is not so shabby and you can often shoot at a weakened unit, kill it, and sling shot yourself to attack another more distant unit..

Any critiques or things I should change about my list?

You don't present too many targets. The Harlequins will die. When the SS get to the enemy, it's too late.

The solitaire is not a damaging unit, it is a distraction unit that tries to be an assassin.

You know what user? Fair play for sticking with Ynnari even when people dropped them because apparently they were shit. I find them to still be pretty god damn powerful too. I'll still stick with my craftworlds like I have always done but I commend you user. Maybe I'll do a Ynnari army in the future.

What do you mean when they get to the enemy its to late? They get the the enemy turn 1.

Wyches are tar pits, nothing more.

Incubi are what you want if you really need something dead, they are the TEQ killers.

Also, i hope you're aware that you can charge into combat with a vehicle and eat the overwatch that way.

Assuming you get quicken off, and that's one squad. Not gonna happen reliably enough, unless your meta has no enemy psykers.

Most craftworld lists I have seen will take Ynnari dark reapers so they can shoot twice and alaitoc everything else because alaitoc's ability is so much better than all the others.

I think Ynnari harlequins are still better than regular harlequins if you take fusion pistols. I would rather shoot my pistols than advance and charge.

What are Bloodbrides then? Wyches suck as tar pits btw.

DE boats not tough enough to always be there when you need them to eat overwatch, in practice.

As someone who regularly uses wyches, you're wrong. They're horrible tarpits because T3 4++ is worse than T4 3+, and anything with any AP value comes with enough attacks to butcher them anyway. Plus, anything with a pistol kills them dead. The only good configuration I've found is S4 bloodbrides after on turn 3+ with a nearby succubus rerolling 1s because they have enough hard hitting attacks to kill enough to be locked in combat and then clean up on the following turn when they can't get shot to death.

See above. You know what's a better tarpit? A sister or Battle. They're 1 more point for a 3+/6++ save.

Boats are fine for eating overwatch, though.

Its not like we have kabal traits yet so just stick him into an elite slot if you want to.

>He doesn't have at least 15,000 points worth of his main army

If they get there, and when they do, a random lascannon kills their wounded ass.

>this fag again

Anyone with brain cells puts living before building a mega W40K army, main or not.

>He had diffused his breathing to a low susurration, each exhalation extending across several minutes, yet encompassing no more than eleven heartbeats. His master had attained seven beats in the ritual of the arhat’karra, but Aun’el Kyuhai knew he would never match such serenity. Nor would he ever ascend beyond his current station in the Ethereal caste’s hierarchy. That knowledge brought neither resentment nor sadness, for he had cast aside all desire save service to the Tau’va . All else was as illusory as the storm that raged around him.

---------------

>Though Akuryo and he were of the same rank within their respective castes, the Ethereals were elevated above all others, creating a gulf of authority between them. Had the Seeker commanded it, Akuryo would have taken his own life without hesitation. Such blind faith had troubled Kyuhai when he had first stepped onto his path, but he had soon learnt that it was not blind at all, for his caste was the living embodiment of the Tau’va.

>‘We rule to serve,’ he said, echoing the words of his former master.

You lied to me, teegee. You said Etherealsa re evil and are using the T'au in service of some hidden agenda by other powers.

Turns out that the Ethereals are loyal to the T'au and the Greater Good. They live to serve their species and they do it by ruling them.

Why does the cool mech faction have to be fishmen? Fuck GW.

Do you even play?

>Putting living before building your 40k army
Fuck I hate casuals

Do you? I know the math tells you lascannons hitting on sixes doesn't happen, but it does.

What would Gue'vesa rules look like? Every 1 of the 10 can take a Pulse rifle and the rest stuck with Lasguns?

A normal game is, at most, 6 turns.

A unit of basic wyches is 90 Points for 10.

If I can get a unit of wyches to tie up some hellblasters or devastators, or something I don't want shooting my army for even 1 turn, then I think they've done a good job.

Call me a bad player but I like to think like an Archon, and an Archon would think nothing of throwing away some of his force if it meant accomplishing the larger raid.

Do I expect the wyches to win, or even kill a bunch of stuff? No, not really - it's great if they do but I don't expect it. What I want them to do is prevent shooting for a turn or two so I can deal with other more urgent threats.

I realize many of you want them to be threatening like their fluff says but they fulfill a pretty important role as is.

If I ever pick up another side army, it'll definitely be T'au. Although, given how much I've grown to like them, it might not be a side army within a year of me starting them.

Quicken on one, words of the phoenix on the other, twilight pathways on the starweaver. If the enemy psyker is within 24" I should be able to just charge without a speed boost.

There is a 58.3% chance the power will go off, with reroll that comes closer to 81%.

yrraines power goes off 83% of the time and shadow seers power goes off 72% of the time.

Or you can take Trueborn with a few blasters and kill the fuckers without threat of overwatch.

>Boats are fine for eating overwatch, though.
Not him, and I'm new to 8th, but loaded boats are actually great for this now, aren't they? I'm re-reading 8e's transport rules and I realize it's saying that after a unit disembarks, both the unit and the transport can move, attack, and charge as normal.

That means you can get 'close enough,' sprint that umf 8" closer, then make your respective charges. In this case, 'close enough' is practically 15 fucking inches. I usually play on pretty LoS-blocking terrain heavy maps, so this all-in-all sounds great to me.

There being an enemy within range of any of this is wishful thinking, if you even get the spells off. Then you have to take into account that terrain will not always allow you to close the gap without getting shot off the board if you don't go first.

I suggest you try your list and get wrecked by gunlines, or run into horrors as you get murdered.

whats with the human head on his waist?

It's a heretic so its okay to collect skulls.
Skulls for the Skull throne

Everything has a role to play.

Trueborn are damned good but you're paying 145 points for a squad of 5 with 4 blasters versus 90 for 10 wyches.

You basically just described 40k minus the first 3 lines and 2 hours instead of 12.

By the time your wyches charge and keep the enemy in place (42% chance for No Escape), those blasters have already killed whatever they intend to tarpit.

Yes I play, and one lascannon isn't going to kill it, even if it hits.

Except its not 90pts. It's 90+115 for the raider, which is 205pts. Conversely, you do what that other user said and just kill them with trueborn or something.

They're decent, yea, and better than most vehicles in melee, too. The only issue is needing to disembark before you move, so you have to move up the following turn. It's a shame they can't run and charge.

And one of these squads is killing multiple units while the other is literally dying.

I said wounded. By the time you're charging, you've probably taken hits along the way, if your paper ass isn't already dead.

Your opponent has to WIN the roll off. How in the fuck do they have a better chance of escaping than you do stopping them, especially since you have a 1/6 chance of making them auto fail?

So before it was the psykers were too close now it is that the enemy is to far? My spears are moving 32" + 2d6 charge. They fly, they do not care about blocking terrain.

So my opponent is shooting my wych raider and not my trueborn/kabalite raiders that are actually dangerous? Ok.

>so you have to move up the following turn
You can move up the turn you disembark is what I'm saying. It's 8" instead of 14", but 8" plus charge plus only needing to be 1" close averages 15" of distance done that turn that they disembarked.

Oh, and fuck, I forgot you can disembark 3" forward from the transport - make that 18". If an enemy is within 18" of your boat at the start of your turn, there's a damn good chance you can disembarked and reach them with the wyches themselves.

You have to disembark before the transport moves.

You re-roll ties. It's an even 50%.

Can I just charge with a fully loaded vehicle and then disembark my dudes next turn, or whenever the vehicle gets destroyed?

I want to play my T'au without suit spam. How good are Fire Warrior gunlines backed up by Pathfinders and ion cannon Hammerheads?
I'm also thinking of deep-striking two Commanders with 3x Fusion Blasters and Shield Generators at the start of the game, and harassing with 2 Stealth Suit units fitted with ATS for AP-1 on their burst cannons. Lastly, is it worth taking a Commander for a one-use Kauyon in the middle of the gunline?

Guardsmen with Pulse Rifles I guess?

First turn = they will be too far. There will AT LEAST be an 18" - 24" dead zone between you and the enemy, and if you deploy at the edge of your zone, they deploy at the opposite edge of their zone, you get jackshit. You'd be lucky to hit a screening unit.

Second turn = their psykers will be in range. That's Magnus or Mortarion or deamon princes (multiple) laughing at your sorry ass.

Just try your list, seriously. Come back here and tell me you didn't get wrecked by good players.

U wot

I understand that. I'm saying at the start of your turn, if it's already within 18" of an enemy (as in you moved it their the previous turn).

I'm not saying you move 14" + 3" disembark + 8" + average 7"+1 charge. That's about 32".

gun drones spam is great too
don't think kauyon is all that hot

If your wych raider looks like it will get anywhere useful, what's a few S6~ shots to burn your paper boat?

"Roll off"s are a thing, user. Each player has a 50% chance of "winning" one.

Models like these makes me want to start up a Ork army... And I totally agree on the fluff part! My own personal favorite is the haemonculus, for their wicked ways of thinking, and not taking anything serious... Not even their own deaths (which in turn they all act like they truly are immortals).
Second goes to the Genestealer cults in large, the whole idea that they are just brainwashed puppets is almost too sad.

Oh, it's one of those retarded sidebar not!USR things. That's stupid.

That's a few S6 shots not going into my actually dangerous units.

Have you considered suicide?

S6 shots are cheap. Some of them probably can't even reach your more dangerous units. You're giving them free targets.

bump

>I was wrong so I'll pretend the way the rule is presented is at fault rather than me just not reading through it thoroughly
Come on user. You were wrong, just own it rather than trying to deflect.

I miss the days when Orks could loot anything.

Yes but they can't set up within 1" of an enemy unit so if the transport gets surrounded you can't unload anyone.

I just finished sculpting this spore mine before Christmas, lads!

Would you:
>pop in the name of the emprah!
>bring home for cuddles and Christmas dinners

And I mean ANYthing.

Second!
To many times we all think a bit to strong regarding "mathhammer" when it comes to our lists. We follow simple memes and just assumes its "op", because the internet told us so.
But when the truth hits us in the face like a brick, and we starts to understand that this game is a completely different thing when you actually play it. Factors that you have already mentioned, like terrain, but also luck and the fact that the enemy will not always do as you thought he would.

What has a bunch of S6 shots that I'm worried about? Asscannon spam? That's a competitive WAAC faggotry list that deldar can't play against anyway.

>Looted Trazyn the Infinite
Oh the irony

What are you expecting to charge your boats and wyches at? Maybe you have a weak ass meta. If that's the case then carry on.

Beep

why the fuck would we be worried about assault cannon spam when we are Dark Lance Spam - The Army

Dude, this is Veeky Forums,you really think he would accept the fact that you where right and he was wrong?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

I did admit I was wrong, that doesn't change the fact that the sidebar not!USRs aren't stupid.

>you were right
But he's not me. All I did was quote the rule to the guy and then post the rule when challenge.

>still doesn't have an example
Carry on

They're a problem, yes. That's fair.

Massed S6 is the bane of deldar. Being T3/5: the army.

>bike terminator squad