Warhammer 40,000 /40kg/ General

Rogue Trader edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=321wCzRSySw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Callidus_Temple
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST FOR TOP ARMY BEING CHAOS!

First for how shitty is my list

What do you think that Gue'vesa rules will look like?

cringe

My Ork wishlist for 8th:

>Orks can now used looted tanks
>Orks get new updated plastic Ghazkull or Gorgutz (or a new warlord entirely)
>New Ork Boyz and Nobz releases
>New Kommandos
>Goff, Evil Sunz, Bad Moon, Blood Axes transfer sheets
>Kill Busta buff to be as good an option to field as Gargantuan Squiggoth
>Buffs to big mechs and machines in general, Big Trakk/Gorkanaut etc.

I know it 90% won't happen but that's what I want.

Call a plumber.

Here's some I made earlier. The big chap with the greenstuffed head and cybernetics is a converted Kataphron and the one who has four spray coats on him, and he's kept as much detail as be ever had. The other three are just some random Vanguard with a slightly customized Alpha. Slightly grainy metal because it was cold when I sprayed them, but nothing a wash of nuln oil won't fix.

that bad?

No, I was just making a poop joke. It's hardly optimal, but it's not the worst list in the history of lists, or anything.

If I were you I'd start by finding room for a Talonmaster.

>Traitor Russ

>space wolves players on suicide watch

>play army
>someone else in group starts up that army
>immediately lose interest in that army

Magnus buffs when?

>believing this very obviously fake pic

please be baiting

>cringe
You have to go back

That's what I am worried about - messing up a mini to the point that it is unrecoverable.

Can/should AdMech be drybrushed?

If only I had a way to get the model I dont think they make the box for them anymore.

>DARK WOLVES
>MONSTER, WULFEN, DAEMON, PRIMARCH
Straight out of deviantart. 5 star meme.

>Mister expert who said the Primaris Lieutenant was a fake made from a dozen different SM kits is back

>tfw I'm the only one at my locals that actively plays drukhari
>tfw I'm the only one at my locals who has thousand sons
>tfw there's only one person at my locals who has GSC(until now)

Is this why you people only play Chaos and Xenos?

>drukhari

Cringe.

Like clockwork

Yeah, except this one had a thread yesterday where a guy was literally editing in the thread, trying to make it more realistic.

starting a GSC army.

Rate my scheme

Sin City/10

generic/10

as opposed to calling the true eldar 'dark' eldar?

I also have steel legion.

Never happened to me, spraying is fixable with stripping if you want to give it a while and it makes everything else so much faster. You have to spray them once with primer anyway, it's not any harder to do it twice.

Admech can easily be drybrushed, just do the metal and drybrush it before you paint the cloak because it's a bit of a pain otherwise. I do a very light leadbelcher drybrush on the shoulderpads because I like the weathered look, if you want yours shiny go a bit heavier than that and/or use brighter metals like Necron Compound.

Those russes need a fucking wash

I play Deldar. Someone else is starting deldar. I don't want to play deldar anymore.

It's actually why I'm not playing chaos. Aside from the fact that chaos is garbage if you're not alpha legion spamming Slanesh termies and/or Oblits and/or Berserkers, there are about 6 CSM players in the area, maybe more.

I gave the carapace some 'ardcoat to at least try and differentiate it.

Still not sure how I want to do my cultists fatigues though. I'm thinking purple tunics with black flak.

>I have steel legion
>cadian infantry

Looted tanks is the dream...

Can Chapter Approved replace ITC missions?

they are washed. In fact, I think I washed them too much, I should probably bring up the colours again.

I got the cadian models second hand, and the prospect of getting all steel legion models is pricy and daunting.

It's been 14 years since that game came out but I can still hear the cultists weird voice.

What are those blue guys suppose to be?

>Dawn of War was 14 years ago.
I feel old.

Tank tracks shouldn't be silver.

I would give a leg for a DoW successor that is just like the first games with some engine updates and more stuff. DoW 2 wasn't bad, but too different and DoW 3 is unadulterated rotten shit.

It's obviously fake because they wouldn't be releasing a chaos primarch next. There are already 2, we need another loyalist to balance things out.

Eversor or Vindicare? I want to get an Assassin with my rewards points on Amazon and I'm torn between the two in regards to the model and their stats/rules.

I still play it every now and then.

boreale, the cultist, eliphas, and REAVER JETBIKES are eternal.

my characters(aside from my enginseer and tank commander) are all modelled after COBRA characters.

So far I have:
>Company Commander COBRA commander(visible in other pic)
>Commissar Lord Destro(visible in other pic)
>Vindicare Baroness
>Callidus Storm Shadow
>Company Commander Copperhead
>Company Commander Firefly(seen in previous pic)

thanks user, I'll fix that up.

both of them are kinda meh right now.

I currently wreck face with my callidus. Almost every game he makes up his points. stealing CP, fucking up character hiding thanks to sneaking in on 9-inch bubblewrapping, invuln stopping melee, leadership pistol...

Does Morty come with a bunch of different heads like Magnus did?

R8T/H8T my list:
Battleforged 6 command points
1995 / 2000

Battalion detachment:
hq:
Malignant pleauge caster 110
typhus 175

Troops:
Plague marines
1 champ – power fist/plasma gun/plague knife
5 Plague marines w bolters/grenades
1 Plague marine with plasma gun 157

Plague marines
1 champ – power fist/plasma gun/plague knife
5 Plague marines w bolters/grenades
1 Plague marine with plasma gun 157

Poxwalkers x20 120
Poxwalkers x20 120

Elites:
Hellbrute (twin las/powerclaw 162
Tallyman 62

Fast attack:
Myphitic Blight-Haulers x3 426

Transports
Chaos Rhino + extra combi melta 96
Chaos Rhino + extra combi melta 96

I liked DoW 2 but missed base building and large armies. I haven't even played the third game. Basically can't stand anything of what I've seen of that game.

>callidus
>he

I wont even bother with a reactio image here

All you can do is swap his arms

Orks will get a book with several points increases including bikers, flashgitz, and anything else you love. They might also get some green dice.

what if the emperor isn't actually devine?

DOW had the generic base building stuff everyone else had.
DOW2 was revolutionary. Before relic murdered it with patches a single heavy bolter was as devastating as it was supposed to be in the lore as opposed to dow 1's generic system.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Callidus_Temple
>Polymorphine works better with women, and therefore the vast majority of the temple operatives are female

vast majority, not exclusive. They're not space marines.

Wow that's lame. I thought they'd at least give you a head without a rebreather like his forgeworld model

I would ditch the Rhinos and haulers to get Bloatdrones,Termies, Crawlers or a DP with wings.
Also those PMs can take another plasma each.

DoW 2 was a lot like Company of Heroes.

He isn't according to his own words. It's funny how Lorgar was right in the end.

Gentlemen, why are some people so mad that soups are the best choice right now for everybody?

>I see people crying on forums about only willing to play one Codex.

the fuck is a soup

what do you mean, 'what if'?

>WAAC players
same reason people were annoyed at taudar in 7e.

shit like chaos players running magnus, morty, daemon princes and horrors, or imperium players featuring nothing but celestine, guilliman, and a bunch of culexus assassins.

Oh in that case I guess people are pissed because it discourages using your dudes in favour of using GW's dudes.

>imperium players featuring nothing but celestine, guilliman, and a bunch of culexus assassins.
Featuring Lion soon.

soup armies are pretty much the definition of WAAC strategies.

because people want to play their dudes not Guilliman's boys/Mortarion's dudes/Magnus and his dust mites/assassins

>listening to new curze audiodrama
>he sounds like a slav

This meme needs to stop.

then they should play d&d or someshit

He's obviously Space Romanian, retard

Any leaks for the advent books?

>New Ork Boyz and Nobz releases

Boyz are old as shit, though I can live with them not being updated. But what's your problem with the Nob kit? It's great and not even that old.

More importantly where the fuck is our Warbuggy/Trakk update? Or plastic Warboss?

>The Children of Thorns are a weaker Dark Eldar Kabal. Exiled from Commorragh, the Children of Thorns consist of ex-slaves, fugitives, dregs, and fallen lords who have come together in an attempt to regain their glory. To do this, they spend most their time in Realspace in search of slaves and plunder and have even allied with ambitious Human lords, such as Severus XIII. The Children of Thorns have shown a great interest in the Spinward Front, taking advantage of the chaos there to raid numerous worlds[1]. They are also active in the Screaming Vortex, where they collect slaves and weapons, to bring back to Commorragh.[2]
>While other Kabals desire to overthrow Asdrubael Vect so they can rule, the Children of Thorns want to tear down the old order and replace it with their own. To do this, they secretly arm their followers lurking in the deepest, darkest sub-reality sinks of Commorragh, who wait for their chance to strike back against their oppressors.[2]
How would you describe this Kabal?

The fuck did people expect?
The moment you allow everything to be mixed you remove all standard weaknesses certain armies used to have.

Do people want Primarchs to suck ass?

>tfw I'm playing Inquisition

>Do people want Primarchs to suck ass?
They could make it so that you don't need to take a primarch if you want to have any chance of winning.

1k sons without Magnus are just gimped.

You should layer the skin IMO, with some purply or whiteish thing.

Make it kinda like Leviathan.

They still sell it, you have to get the Ravenwing upgrade sprue and a common Land Speeder.

People want Primarchs to be costed appropriately instead of bargain basement cheap for what they do. Guilliman in particular should be more than double what he costs now.

His model is clearly female

Because some people want to be able to competitive without having to play every army their army can ally with.

Perhaps a little strong. Maybe 600 points or thereabouts, not "well, it's a Primarch or two Predators". He should be a bit more than a Knight, since he can kill them in combat while buffing everything to high heaven and providing over 200pts of tax's worth in CP.

I want them to be narrative play only. Same for most other named characters, really.

Guard has no primarchs... Guard needs no primarchs.

Guard only needs the sweet sweet smell of Artillery rounds cooking off, plasma burning, and tank shells smoking. And the sound of thunders booms, roaring bullgryn, and shouting guardsmen with the churning of their guns.

>Guard has no primarchs... Guard needs no primarchs.

Inb4 Macharius returns as a living saint.

Fuck that.
I dont want 40k to turn into my saiyan with some other dudes vs your saiyan with some others dudes the game

>Macharius

If only. Don't pull a blood angels rumor on me.... it won't happen.

Playing guard means you become one of these people though

a bunch of fuckin idiots

Better than an emo kid (necrons), weird bug guy(Nids), edgy S&M twat (DE), Fairy elf cunt (Self explanatory), commie fish boy (self explanatory), 50 shades of dork muhreens!

I know. It's pretty obvious Creed will be the Living Euphoric, not because of some phony dark god, but enlightened by his own tactical genius.

I hope you're running a lore friendly soup and not some random mix with an Inquisitor

Ignore shitposters, hide shitposts
Dont give them (you) s

How much so?

Funvee lists are still the supreme way to play this game.
All I need is a spartan and a tantalus

DKoK was a mistake.

But /4okg/ is nothing but shitposts

All of those sound preferable to being the guy who says "kek" outloud in real life.

>All those Scions
Someones going to get ass obliterated looking at that pic.

Crassus loaded with either scions or Kreig are savage. Melta could potentially be good within these too, given how close you can get with the Crassus.

Why? They are just as good as scions and have better moral rules. Unless you are talking fluff, in which case it is pretty interesting.