Weekend Warcraft Lore General

A dream of a better history

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version!
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

>Previous thread

I have no choice but to roll a Void Elf.

They were strong enough to secure Kalimdor, or at least half of it, they can't conquer the world but they could kick out orc refugees even if being a great war effort

The Racial are god tier for casters especially with all the interrupts in the game that slow down casting.

Why would they?

The only thing they want is for the orcs to get out of Ashenvale, why would they give a shit about whether they live in the red desert or not? They certainly don't care about that place. Do you remember how in WC3 the Tauren didn't even know the night elves existed?

I want to fuck that elf.

So they were stronger than literally any other race by a large margin? You know everyone else is fighting over three sub-continents that are the same size as all of Kalimdor?

Maybe don't be so obsessed with minmax that you need to play Alliance Sylvanas?

Are there any half night elves in lore? We know of a lot of high elves who got Arathi fever, but anyone else?

I think one was mentioned in a novel at some point

A child obviously

They would be very young unless they were half nelf half troll/satyr/naga, which are the compatible races Nelfs could have had contacts with pre WC3

Why

They don't care, I'm just stating they could. They were isolationist but capables of defending their territory. They wouldn't get steamrolled like they got in Cataclysm for sure.

Dwarven and Humans were fractured, orcs were refugees and tauren somehow were going extinct.

It's a map in which the land would be distributed according to more or less rightfull claims, Grizzly Hills was an human colony. Most of the dwarven part is Khaz Modan. Forsaken shouldn't exist and orcs shouldn't live in Azeroth.

I would agree that trolls need more land.

>Dwarven and Humans were fractured, orcs were refugees and tauren somehow were going extinct.
I don't care what arguments you're using, you don't get the point. Think about this from the perspective of world design. You have made them impossibly strong and better than everyone else at everything. You have made Mary Sues.

Night elves are pure and don't race mix

>Not getting pasted in the bit of the world they've clamped down against demons for ten millenia is the same as being Mary Sues

Stop making this term meaningless.

They would be considered evil by today WoW standards.

>Alliance and Horde join together to defeat the evil kaldorei remanent because they don't share their toys!

The thing is even if they were strong they wont be leaving Ashenvale or conquering anything.

Rightful claims? The Scourge has had Northrend for ages, any human presence, former or present, is implied and vestigial.

So you're deleting Forsaken along with the Orcs? You're still ignoring how your Stormwind territory is basically nothing but useless swamp.

Night Elves don't have children in the traditional human ways. They have some sort of communist thing were nature raises them and they get to pick their parents

How were dwarves any more fractured than they were since before WC1?

I think what he means is that Cata Ashenvale and Azshara were bullshit

Which they were, but you could say that about most Cataclysm zones

Are you not seeing that strip along the west? And the Broken Isles? Use your eyes.

>rightful claims
>corrupted titan constructs

Also the Grizzly hills "colony" was a tiny military camp

He's drawn the line for when the cutoff for "rightful claim" lies where it's convenient for him

Late enough for humans and elves to hold what were troll lands, early enough to avoid orcs, the forsaken, and the scourge

Also, even then furbolgs still have greater rights to grizzly hills than humans

Oh, it's about that map? Then yeah it's retarded as fuck and basically drawn by the kind of faggot who made everyone hate human pallies in vanilla.

I do think Nelves should definitely be their own faction and have the player base and the territorial base to justify it. They might have to share their higher level leveling zones with horde, though, especially since Silithius to Desolace are really not nelf territory.

Nobody cares about Furbolgs dude.

How do people feel about night elves and their choice in armor? Feel like they wouldn’t be opposed to wearing very revealing outfits, as the first night elves we see are wearing furry panties.

But then you get into the functional armor dispute.

Grizzly Hills and the Fjord had low Scourge presence and were human colonies, also Nerubians have claim to Northrend not the Scourge (who really just got there like 25 years ago iirc)
In case of the orcs they could live in Durotar and Barrens, or the brown zone if they were really peaceful people, but they aren't so its better if they go back to their ancestral land.

Kingdom of Stormwind: Elwyn, Westfall, Redridge mountains, Duskwood, Swamp, Devasted lands, Burning Steppes. What else do you want them to have?

So it's "rightful"

Night Elves are probably nudists.

blizz hasn't added any night elf armor since the start of the game.

weird since all the art has tons of it.

Grizzly hills didn't have a human presence until the scourge.

That's not even remotely communistic. That would be making everyone the parents of all children. Communal parenthood.

wasn't that where the First Humans appeared before they fled south you dumbass?

You do know that early plate armor turns into a bikini for females, right?

>Redridge mountains, Duskwood, Swamp, Devasted lands, Burning Steppes
That's my point. All this is useless land.

Gryphon Mail is basically the most nelf-looking armor in vanilla but sadly only usable by hunters and low level warriors.

There's a partial leather version that the hippogriph masters use but the leggings don't exist as drops.

Uh, do you know what communism means? Everything being communal is one of the core tenants.

its very low pixelated and it looks more like diapers.

They were kicked out by the vrykul. That doesn't mean it was ever politically part of any of the seven kingdoms. That's like saying Ethiopia is french or chinese because of Olduvai gorge.

People not talking about how Blizz destroyed night elf lore and just tore it up and gave it to Tauren and Trolls

Blizz did the same with Human paladin lore and gave it to Tauren, Trolls and Blood Elves instead of making their own unique stuff.l

We actually do see some human ruins in Northrend. It's just in Dragonblight and not Howling Fjords.

The worst "skimpy" vanilla pieces are still the lederhosen mail by far

Should see Draenei and the furry underwear barbarian armor the Bleeding Hollow use in Warlords.

Can pretty much see their vag.

What sub faction would you join and why?
What sub faction has the best leader?

Feralas and Silithus were part of the night elves since the start.

Also the Broken Isles were smaller and under the jurisdiction of the wardens

the Ebon Blade, because they're the only faction that's right

That’s from when Arthas made landfall.

Well it is their rightful land

They didn't take anything from the shitty "here's a priest wearing plate" human paladin lore. Blood knights and sunwalkers had their own lore from the word go and literally only Legion ignored it, which caused mostly complaints from the horde-side paladins.

>Silithus were part of the night elves since the start
No it wasn't

Well, I mean

There's ample reasons to hate sunwalkers beyond that

I hate them because their entire reason for existing was rendered moot in the expansion that introduced them. Simultaneously screwing up their introduction and fucking over the "class fantasy" of the druid

What class fantasy of the druid? Ever since they fixed transformed DPS in late vanilla it's always been shapeshifting nature caster like it was in WC3

NOPE!

Now it's the space caster! You use sun magic that despite looking like fire, still deals nature damage

Think he means something about how the night elf druids use the moon, so the Tauren druids would use the sun.

Feralas, That Island and Silthus were core Night Elf land. Night Elven ghost even are all over Silthus.

I mean I'm okay with Sun and Moon (OOMkin did get Tyrande's ultimate after all). I'd be even more okay with it if that had been one of the BElf classes.

>Night Elven ghost even are all over Silthus.
Night elven ruins are all over Kalimdor, that doesn't mean it wasn't abandoned when they retreated to the forests surrounding Hyjal centuries before.

By vanilla most of Desolace and Feralas is centaur land.

How are sunwalkers moot in the expansions, because they were formed to help bring hope back to he Horde during the sundering if the world?

If you had to pick, which Horde race would make a better paladin?

The sun thing for druids came out or no where and besides resto, duids don't feel like nature casters anymore.

Sunwalkers are just idiotic. Especially I'd they start using the real light

I like the moon and star stuff, it sold the idea of balance druids being the "fae caster" class, a motif i really like

But that all goes away when wrath is turned yellow, insect swarm is replaced with "sunfire", and the entire thing exists tio kill that fucking conversation that Dezco has that's supposed to be the whole reason why tauren priests and paladins exist (druids don't care about the sun)

Literally none. Blizzard gets to hung up on perfect faction balance and it messes with the lore. But I'm also of the opinion that paladins and shamans should have remained class specific.

Silithus has an established outpost for the War of The Shifting Sands.

Everyone had outposts during the war of Shifting sands.

Forsaken

They're the inheritors of Lordaeron, and the paladins were formed in Lordaeron. I mean, this does mean you can't make them the super evil guys, but that's a good thing, Forsaken are only really interesting because they're undead that aren't inherently evil anyway

That was the fight to unlock the Scarab Wall. The night elves have fortress set up once lead by Staghelm’s son.

>imagine being this unaware

Night elves defeated Chun the first time

? wouldn't the Lordaeron Refuges in Stormwind and Kultias have the inheritance? They still use the Lordaeron crest in battle too.

There's significantly more forsaken than refugees

They're moot because they're supposed to be sun druids, but then druids got sun spells anyway.

Well yeah, they're all Lordaeronian. They're all the inheritors of Lordaeron along with the Forsaken

But humans can already be paladins

Theres no official numbers and Sylvanas already ruined the Forsaken population numbers by raising Bulks of people in Stormwind and South Shore.

Forget that half the Forsaken she raise now are idiots who make their own Forsaken. With elbows.

That happened in cata, we're talking about decisions made prior to cata

Cata is like cancer, it's there, it's awful, and no matter how you try to avoid it, the conversation always seems to drift towards it

The lack of official numbers doesn't change that the scourge took the kingdom by surprise and fucked it sideways really fast. Literally the only places that had the time to mount a defense were Quel'thalas, Dalaran and probably Strom.

This is wishful thinking on the level of Helf fags assuming there will ever be more than a tiny minority of HElves who aren't loyal to QT (which the devs apparently want personified in Lady "Sylvanas is a monster, so I'll sell my soul to the void instead").

I thought Paladins couldn't become Scourge (unwillingly)?

>they're undead that aren't inherently evil
They choose to be evil, which makes them worse.

I don’t think the plague ever made it that far south seeing as Southshore remains untouched despite being so close to Brill.

We're talking about a fantasyland in which they didn't fuck everything up

hes gonna argue that evil dosen't exist in game and in real life watch lol.

>which the devs apparently want personified in Lady "Sylvanas is a monster, so I'll sell my soul to the void instead"
The Void Elves are 99% Blood Elves, not High Elves.

The original Four Horsemen had a paladin who could still use the Light.

Undead using Holy magic is inherently a bad idea and vanilla blizzard understiid this, initially saying that really forsaken priests were all shadow priests lore-wise, and could be holy for gameplay mechanics. This is a horrible idea.

Besides, the rightful inheritors of Lordaeron are the living refugees. Forsaken are just squaters.

Wait seriously?

Fuck, the only reason I played a forsaken priest in vanilla is because I liked the idea that despite being undead, it was still possible to maintain faith and use the light

Their founder, otoh, isn't

"Initially" being a clarification they made during fucking Cata.

Also the living refugees are a tiny minority of the still self aware population of Lordaeron, scarlet.

They justify it now, but back in the day, they tried to get across that certain races have acces only to certain aspects of class lore. All Forsaken priests are shadow because the Light hurts them, all human priests are holy/disc, etc.

Yup. That was later changed to them yaing the light, but it hurting really bad. Forsaken priests initially we're all Cult of Forgotten Shadow spriests.

1 living Lordaeronian>million forsaken. Rightful clay of the living.

What were troll priests using?

Da Loa of Light?

Hold on, I remember that much, that channeling the light hurts forsaken priests, but i don't see how that stops them from existing

I mean, if your faith is strong enough, you can work through the pain in order to do the right thing... right?

Void Elf are pretty muscular compared to blood elves. reminds me of muscle wizards.

Whichever kept me safest, I guess. Failing that, whichever prepared me best for the threats to come.

Obviously there's a lot of risk involved there since brainwashing me would technically count. Actually, which faction IS most likely to apply mind control on a mass scale?

If they channel enough Holy Light they turn to ash but get to the after life of humans instead of being tortured in the shadow lands.

Oh jesus, they look like emo kids

Awesome, more reason to play a forsaken holy priest, and more reason why forsaken paladins would be cool

The concept of going of like a firework, performing some miracle of light while incinerating the body in the process is super cool in my opinion

That's a recent thing. Zeliak was an incredible exception, but undead could not use the Light. They were spriests. It was later changed to being able to use it as the Cult worshipped balance, and the light hurts a bunch.

Blood Elves and forsaken. Maybe, nightborne, too.

Trolls are bad to ask about in this context because their class lore is universally different from everyone else in nearly every respect. Their magic traditions, their habits and whatnot have no real equivalent by anyone else. Even when the Darkspear learned druidism, they got it differently from the others, and their traditions are ever so slightly different from night elves, tauren and worgen.

Beyond that, I can't stress this enough: with the exception of maybe shaman and druids, trolls don't play by the rules of everyone else.

Probably Steamwheedle Cartel

Try and get a comfy job in Booty bay, or maybe Everlook, do some research, try and climb the ranks. It's also super-egalitarian as far as goblin organizations go

>I heard about enough of yer sniveling. Shut yer fly trap 'afore I shut it for ye!
Zeliek was a pussy

As a reminder, the only playable classes not available to the Darkspears are paladin and demon hunter.

This is headcanon at best.

Yeah, and the only classes not available to dwarves are demon hunter and shaman

Trolls and dwarves have always been the flexible options