Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Valhallans vs Eldar edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Y61xmylas

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-the-rage-of-asmodai-cz-dunn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the first!

2nd for Codex Chaos Daemons when?

OK, I've bought some Ironstriders for christmas and another 20 Kairics to turn into Corpuscarii, although I haven't got any guns for them yet and probably don't have enough random weapons lying around. What kits provide good numbers of techy small-arms to graft onto servitors? I considered Termagant kits, but those have a radically different aesthetic than any kind of Admech, even Genetors.

Also going to order some HQ parts from MI, but I haven't done that before and I'm not sure how to go about it. Do I go entirely through the webstore, or just send an email through the address on the website with product numbers, paypal address and postal address, or some weird hybrid thing or what?

Just listened to rage of asmodai and i didnt get the conclusion at atll. What was asmodai asking regarding Prometheus? And why is the traitor demading death when all he did was mumble a bit and not tell the truth, what did he say?

Based Valhallans

January.

Btw as someone actually considering buying this - Is it good?

audiobookbay.nl/audio-books/warhammer-40k-the-rage-of-asmodai-cz-dunn/

Listen to it here for free and get back to me if you can make sense of the ending

8th soup is a tasty soup

For those without a codex, whats something you'd like to see?

As Deathwatch I'd love to see the inclusion of scouts to the killteams, they could give the vanguard ability and really help with zoning/melee units

Unbased Vahlhallans

Merry Christmas, my comrades. And God bless you.

I hope we get to find out what's happened with Luther, with this whole building a legion ting maybe we'll get proper army rules after all which we shouldn't because that's fucking stupid but GW will do it anyway just like they did with GKs and DW

what's wrong with the psychic phase and how do we fix it?

>TSons
>Heavy Warpflamer getting unfucked

As it is, Soulreaper is just better in any way that matters.

>Not shit powers

While mortal wound spam is sweet, support abilities are way more interesting. In the same vein, i'd love if we could still take Hereticus on Exalted Sorcs

>Scarab Occult getting unfucked

They are really bad right now.

>More units

Not something i expect to happen, but it would be nice. At least give us rules for Psychic Hellbrute, you don't need model for that.

Merry xmas to you too good sir.

MERRY CHRISTMAS BASEDPUTIN!

Thanks for all your good work

Honestly the whole "Reroll against fallen" is awful. Like yea very funny, the two people who actually use them?

Nth for Primarchs don't see competitive play in top tier lists.

Reminder.

The way how Characters are protected. Smite spam is an issue if you cant shoot back.

Other than that regular units shouldnt be able to Smite like they do now.

Merry xmas mr russian

I fucking hate the Emperor

Was the Emperor confirmed to be the Primarch of the Grey Knights?

I would love to see a GK primarch that wasn't the Big E. He would either have terrible anti daemon rules, or he'd make GK viable.

Maybe an aura of deny invulnerable saves to keep it fluffy and useful beyond daemons?

That is provably wrong.

Don't worry, they'll get their buffs in CD Codex :^)

>Tau in 3rd edition, an empire of different races fighting for a common cause
>Tau in 8th edition, anime battle suits piloted by blue waifus

Why must we suffer?
Also, why 4+ for an army with 2 phases?

Dont limit yourself to one codex edition.

GROTS CONFIRMED FOR NOT SQUATTED. GET FUCKED STORMKEKS. G
DESTRUCTION HERALD IS A GROT!

:/ Deathwing rule has always been immunity to psychology, you still get that in so far as it means anything in this edition. The re-roll is just flavour

Deathwing Tartaros finally came!

You should be happy you are allowed to compete in any phase. I hope your shitty weeb army gets squatted next edition.

Just in case you missed it - both the lists posted were pre CA and neither would be a legal list currently, additionally the list with 4 Storm Ravens + 2 Culexus is even worse now given the character targeting change

>Was the Emperor confirmed to be the Primarch of the Grey Knights?

Yes, the original founders of the Grey Knights legion geneseed was removed and in their place they were implanted with geneseed made from the flesh of the Emperor.

This is the Emperor's quote on the Grey Knights as being his only hope for mankind :

>One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade, forged in defiance of fate.

>Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, and my final gift to the species I failed.’

The only offensively useful psychic power is smite.

All other powers are only useful if they buff/debuff something.
Furthermore, there's not enough options for the really psyker heavy armies like GKs or 1Ksons to choose cool abilities from.

IMO they could easily fix the Psychic phase by creating a couple of "generic" offensive psychic powers, smite being one of them. Also, why the hell GW got the idea "Psychic Powers ONLY use Mortal wounds" is fucking retarded, since it's forced them to make every psychic power that isnt smite weak as shit.

I mean, FFS, I'd love to get my old GK "Puryfiying Flame" back as a 9" bubble that does 2d6 autohits at S5 AP-1 Ignores Cover. I dont understand why GW is so hellbent on pushing the "Psychic Power = Mortal Wounds" meme.

>waifus
Where?

I'm not racist, but...

[curbstomping intensifies]

Given how good Orks are at accepting grafts and transplants, what would happen if a painboy shoved some gene seed in one of his friends?

Boring ass army played by a boring ass soyboy.

>soyboy

The infographic clearly explains that I'm fat, user.

>implying every faction doesn't have its retarded fanboys who perpertuate the 40K retard stereotype.

Fanboying over GM power armoured super warriors is not as gay and beta as liking german themed guard?

>plastic sisters and a propper codex
>brand new Xenos race added
pick one

Nope. And I don't even play SM.

Merry Orksmas, boyz. Have a new penguinpost.

The ork's body would eat and use it as nutrients.

Brand new xenos sounds cool

New sisters personally, I'm a xenos player but I'd appreciate the shake up of the sisters update.

Shit. I forgot to finish his choppa's handle. Use this one instead.

Obviously there’ll be codex Fallen - in return for accessing to 30k armour and tanks etc you lose atsknf and so on

>t.pure primariscuck player

fat from eating all that soya

What did I paint today?

It's base colours and shade on one model.

I have a feeling a Painboy wouldn't do that by half measures. If one gene seed makes a puny 'umie a space marine, why not two gene seed? Why not fifteen?

The seed grow inside the boy's body to mixed results, neither implanted properly or cultured properly. Don't kill him either exactly because of his resilience and all the new hormones...

Feels kinda weird and bloated, but the Painboy insists he's extremely healthy. After all he has such plentiful organs.

Can one get fat from eating soy?

Why wouldn't they be legal? CA made no changes to the legality of detachments.

Judging by your inability to use a palette, I'd wager nothing good.

They're all over the points limit.

yep, you fatass

>R&H

>Bring back demagogue devotions
>Scion equivalents
>herteks
>more options in general to create your own fluffy list

sure, it contains fat and carbs so why wouldn't you

You got it in one. I mean, making psychic powers distinct from just more shooting via mortal wounds is fine I guess, but MWs are so strong that they have to limit them thoroughly in order to make them not OP. That, and GW simply can't into math, given that most powers have a lower damage output than Smite even before taking into account casting values.

I would remove Smite entirely honestly. Frees up room for singular strong psykers to get really damaging powers rather than have the optimal means of dealing damage in the psychic phase being spamming as many cheap Smiters as you can. Ahriman should be able to do more than d3 wounds per psychic phase.

If the Earth Caste reverse engineered gene seed, would the Etherials sanction AsTautes or would that conflict too much with their eugenics programs?

How are Vostroyan tanks? I'm thinking about including a Vostroyan Leman Russ with my AdMech.

Bless you Mr. Putin, our God-Emperor incarnate.

>no special rule that lets me keep faction bonuses while taking an Inquisitor
As if grey knights aren’t punished enough already

grey cucks lol

Why is the DA codex so full of redundant and useless shit ?

You know, ten thousand years with space marine genomes to work with and all Cawl could think of was, besides an extra gland he found the emperor's notes for, an adrenaline gland and some metal fibre weave?

Digganobz

uh... he made them taller too y'know?!

Mine looks like that too.

What am I doing wrong?

He diddn't even make the biggest marines, there's an exorcists guy who's legit oryn sized

You boys have it right, full on. The problem with the psychic phase right now is you’re stuck with one of three options which all can get abused to hell
1) no access to psykers; (tau, crons, Admech), and so get major league fucked against smite spam
2) access to a few psykers; (Imperial Guard, orks, chaos soup, etc.) usually really strong cause of smite spam and poor regulation on powers
3) psychic-focused army; (Thousand sons, grey knights, tzeentch and other daemons) get fucked over by the game-wide rules meant to keep group #2 in check, while usually not reaping its benefit.

Honeslty if they went aside and said the physcogc armies of group #3 don’t have psychic focus, it’d be a lot better. May take some recalibration to prevent army-wide warp time, but honeslty those guys are so shit as is I don’t see it meaning much.

It’d be a wet dream for armies to get non-MW psychic powers; d6 purifying flame hits (along with 2 fucking attacks GW, what the hell) on purifiers instead of that shit smite may actually be fun to toy around with. Same goes for most any army, a handful of spells instead of just smite would be excellent. That’s one of the things 7th and earlier did well that I’m sad are gone.

New xenos suck, but better than the waifu faction

Hey Armegeddanon I like your pictures. Unfortunately I don't have a good camera or good lighting where I play to compare but figured you might like this one.

It's from a team game I played a while back with a bud and his Praetorian guard. He and my Catachan/Cadian forces against some unpainted space marines.

Tau marines would have testosterone and so would reject their commie ideology.

There's already plenty of Imperium factions. More Chaos or Xenos factions are always good.

I want to get into hobby but i dislike Space Marines, not HATE but dislike.
What do bros, what army should i choose?
pic unrelated

>one dude who was possessed by a daemon and bears the geneseed of the emperor himself is slightly taller than an army of even hardier space marines
I mean he’s just another member of the Mary Sue marine chapter, so neglect it

Mean.

Yes!

Nah but it's my Primus.

We need more to go on than "I dislike Space Marines" you stupid furry

Chances of Gorkamorka getting a fresh release?

the blurriness actually makes it cooler, imo. Cinematic. Also, good on you for getting a fully painted guard game, fellow guardbro.

i dislike Space Marines design and them being shoved everywhere, i'd prefer something with more personality and flavor too

There is literally anything. Each army has a general flavor that you can season to taste however you like.
Like US Special ops with a vaguely japanese alien species? Tau
Like trenches and tanks? Guard
Like a swarm of sharp claws and hungry mouths? Tyranids
Like space pirates? One of the Eldar factions should fit
Pick the army that looks the best to you (because you will spend a LOT of time working on them), and you can "YOUR DUDES" your way to a more specific version you like the most whit just some paint and extra bits

never ever
GW hates Orks, and they have Necromunda for their 40k skirmish game

space wolves you fucking furnigger

Underrated.

>tfw it looks like his dick is literally smoking before you see the cigar

pick Guard then, you've got a massive scope in regards to models (including many, many third party companies/parts too) and they've got loads of personality

>i'd prefer something with more personality and flavor too
Thats still incredibly fucking vague. Do you want aliens or humans? Shooty guys or stabby guys?

Do the hq counsel thing.

i don't know m8, yiffs are still too mariney for me
how's chaos?
more stabby than shooty but not going into trash ranged territory.
No matter if humans or aliens
Have mercy Patrick

>asks for flavor
>says "Hurr no Space Marines XD"
>doesnt even bother to say what kind of aesthetic he likes/what other armies appeal to him
Fucking Furrshit.
You do realize 40k has more than marines, right? Go to their fucking website and have a look over the armies.

Based. Space Marines should all just be Deathwatch and chapters should just be shit no one cares about like a backstory.

Rending claws, crushing claws... Claws are claws, right?

>Fucking Furrshit.
rude.
So far i had Chaos, Orkz and Eldar in mind

Eldar have a lot of options, and they aren't just a "kill everything" race, they have an agenda, history, etc. Also a lot of options since they can ally with Dark Eldar and there are numerous flavors of Eldar.

Also, they're gay so probably right up your backalley.

snibeti snab