Old d&d is shit

T. Lindy

Other urls found in this thread:

rendedpress.blogspot.com/2016/11/list-of-d-module-walkthrough-maps-by.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop shitposting OP

> d&d is shit
ftfy

This. OP hasn't seen the entire lindyseries on D&D. Lindybeige is a Runequestfag.

why the fuck do you care what some faggot on youtube thinks?

It was pretty shit but at least DMs weren't afraid to kill you back then.
Now everyone kicks up a fuss and moans about how there DM has it "out for them".

>e-celeb fails at life so tries to win at memes
Why are you posting this shit here

literally fuckign who

Google that shit if you care. If not then fuck asking a question you can answer yourself.

> t. lindy "no one ever starved under british rule" beige

Lindy is a hack.

Even broken clocks are right twice a day.

t. lindy "Bren gun won WW2 and artillery is useless" beige

t. Surrender Monkeys

DELET THIS

>Old d&d is shit

old d&d isn't rules. it's guidelines.

new d&d is rules. rules suck.

only crypto-commie soymales need rules. you're not a commie pinko tofuman are you?

It's Lindy user, you know the answer.

>rules limit creativity
top brainlet

>Married
>Still virgin

Its then and its shit now, only difference is how you want it to be shit.

Only thing that saves it is a good group with a decent DM or a good story in video game adaptations.

>analyzing and exploiting rules for gain
fetishizing lawyerism is top soy, "comrade".

"you step in to my dungeon, now see what happens"

This was literally my old GM´s attitude. If you couldn't take it or was a bad sport, you where out before you knew it. He was hard but fair.

BLAST!

t. lindy "cavalry is a stupid idea" beige

Literally who gives a shit

Let me first pour some Kikkoman over your veggie steak before I reply to your gibberish, Mr user sir.

Well Karl Marx did live in London so I guess he must be cool in Lindy's book.

>If you couldn't take it or was a bad sport, you where out before you knew it. He was hard but fair.

Good advice in general, but... Where did this notion come from that the GM has any kind of "authority" in a group of friends? He's essentially another player. If the group doesn't like what he'd doing they kick his ass out and replace him with somebody else ditto with players. He shouldn't have any authority to demand people in the group come or leave.

Remember how shit OD&D was?

I've never exactly played anything before 3.Pf, but rules for anything outside of combat are rare in 4e and even moreso in 5e. I honestly don't know where you're coming from.

If you pay close attention, some of the player characters are the same through these myriad adventures. Their eventual happy or not endings are detailed as well.

Thanks mate for all these toon d&d stuff.

WoTC commissioned them all for the launch of D&D 5e and released a comic once per month for about a year. The other ones are all about the 5 Chromatic Dragon types, done for the Dragon Queen adventuring thingy.

Nothing D&D has been made since by this artist though.

Up for posting the rest? These are good fun.

>Nothing D&D has been made since by this artist though.
Thou speaketh too soon.

Because he's the one running ye game you fucking trog. No GM no game.

Thus your answer.

>lindy is so retarded he can get btfo'd by image dumps
Lindyfags seem to be on the whole pretty fucking retarded. I guess you would have to be in order to fanboy youtube personalities though.

He's a cool fucking dude.

>shits on D&D initiative mechanics
>praises RQ when it has the same fucking mechanic

He's not much different from any other Youtube personality who talks about history. He just doesn't have the production levels to back up his arguments.

Aw FUCK. The Wizards goddamn D&D site didn't properly tag or sort all the Walkthrough Comics that Mockman did so I'm missing a bunch.

rendedpress.blogspot.com/2016/11/list-of-d-module-walkthrough-maps-by.html

I love these comics but they're always so crowded and hard to follow. I can never tell what's happening.

>makes a ton of bad choices
>misplay constantly
>get constant second chances
>dm kills me finally
God i hate killer dm's so much!!11

True that. On my 19'' mini monitor, i really need to scroll a lot.

>We are having lindythreads again
Ugh...

Lmao

why does everyone hate lindy, i enjoy his videos

>RQ
Its literally just worse D&D. It only nominally changes things, and leaves in all non-magic related problems. It borders on being Shadowrun without guns.

Because he doesn't know what he's talking about.
Mostly

I've tried running few "classic scenarios" as an experiment. Barrier Peaks was the only one that had any sort of success, and only with one group. Other old modules were usually leading to a lot of (well-justified) salt and general attitude of "Wait, that's it? We are here just to wipe the place clean from things?!". Anyway, Expedition's groups:
- one group of grogs, some of them heard about the scenario (didn't knew details)
- one group of relatively seasoned players, never heard about the scenario (or the concept of modules)
- one group of completely new people, it was their first game ever
Grogs failed miserably early on, losing half party in first fight, then slowly getting grinded down into pulp. Seasoned players were doing pretty well until grenade killed 1/3 of the party, but managed to penetrate the whole ship and seal it. New meat died out one by one, literally losing one PC per encounter (each player was controlling 2 characters in this group, so it took a while to get them all killed).
Grogs found the module "another oldschool meme", seasoned players were all meh when they've realised it's just a massive meat grinder that is not worth exploring, but simply getting out and sealing it, new meat was completely terrified once first of them lost both characters.

I myself found it enjoyable on a level that the module itself never even bothered to flesh out, namely - setting the whole thing up and sending the party for expedition.

tl;dr old and oldschool modules are shit, even if you manage to make them playable.
Also, I wasn't using D&D to run any of them

>Why people hate sperg that knows nothing, but acts like he's the ultimate authority on everything
Dunno user. Maybe because he's a massive tool that people unironically quote as source of (mis)information?
He knows jack shit about pretty much everything he makes his videos. Instead of doing any sort of research, he instead makes things up, based on his wild assumptions and "logic".
Also, his unbashed and unironic "British people never did anything wrong and are best at everything and can't do wrong too" stance.

It might just be his presentation but he SOUNDS like he knows what he's talking about. He has sponsors too. Is he really wrong about everything? It sounds like people on the internet just being mad he isn't 100% right and is only 95% right instead.

He fucking WISH to be 95% percent correct.
Most of his videos are utter crap. Unless he's discussing trival stuff (how WW2 platoon is composed, how to operate a crossbow, series about torches and light sources... and forging scenes in movies, I think that would be all), he's completely fucking wrong, with additional serving of English/British wankery of "we wuz empire and shiet".

Sounding right doesn't make you right. Especially when he's at this point openly making click-bait videos.

But user, people like him because he is an entertaining character.

Lindy, nobody likes you. People just laugh at you or the shit you sprout, but never because you are funny or entertaining.
Now neck yourself already

>mfw I saw him in a recent video talking to a museum guide and actually believing him on the spot
I like hearing autistic people discussing things they like but don't ever think they're correct. Always read a real book on the subject written by people who know their shit.

That sounds like a personal problem.

got me.

>Lindysperg
>Entertaining
Only if you are suffering from some sort of mental disability or are too deep into schadenfreude to care anymore.

He's right, it's a shame tastes are subjective.

So not 100% on topic but what happened to the Song of Swords threads?

Ah, yes. The Lindyposter forced may mays. Good to see this, Owlbear stats, and >bbeg >ugh is still being shilled.

It should be like that but most players don't want to go to the effort of DMing and so the balance of power is shifted in the favor of those few who do.

Basically this, yeah. I guess people just like being shat upon by their "friends".

>spoiler
Well there's your problem! No wonder they all fucked up.

The falling damage calculations in this are wrong, in that they are ignoring the damage cap of 20d6.

>depiction of gruesome violence is okay but saying the word "hell" isn't
Fucking Americans.

>never heard of a rhetorical question

>has a daughter
>still a virgin

How is the image dump btfo'ing anyone? Just because someone drew some cartoons based on something doesn't mean it's good.

He ruled his games with an iron but fair fist

^butthurt almost-player

>Where did this notion come from that the GM has any kind of "authority" in a group of friends? He's essentially another player. If the group doesn't like what he'd doing they kick his ass out and replace him with somebody else ditto with players. He shouldn't have any authority to demand people in the group come or leave.
What? If a guy invites you to his house to play a game, you can either:
>go
>not go because you don't like the game or the guy or whatever
What you can't do is stage a Communist revolution and throw him out of his house, or refuse to leave after sperging out about his DMing style.

Not him, but I did something very similar: I've picked entire stack of classic modules and run them, using 0D&D, AD&D 2e, LotFP, 5e, GURPS, FATE, Barbarians of Lemuria, two different homebrews and even Veeky Forums's translation of The Witcher RPG crunch (my group likes to test new things).
And the further away we were from D&D and D&D-like mechanics, the more enjoyable they were. They never truly shined as something special or just good, but could be servicable. In fact, my group had the best time using FATE and playing Slave Pits of the Under City, despite it being predominately combat.
Still, I share his sentiment that classic modules are boring gindfest, where there is nothing else to do than dungeon crawl and murdering things inside. Considering I know modules for dungeon crawl that have absolutely zero combat in them and are instead engaging exploration games (think Journey to the Center of the Earth type of deal), it only makes the classic modules look worse. And it doesn't matter with what game you pick to run them.

reminder that Lindybeige claims:

>no one used swords, axes
>no one used horses
>no one used throwing knives
>no one used double strap arm shields
>no one used scythes
>no one used mail coifs
>no one used torches
>Pikemen didn't fight each other
>no one spoke French during the French revolution
>no one spoke Latin during the Roman Republic
>battle of Zama didn't happen
>Romans carried one pilum
>Vikings weren't real
>berserkers weren't real
>climate change isn't real
>stagnant social mobility isn't real
>castles were defended by three soldiers
>butted mail is better than riveted mail
>operation market garden was a success
>Napoleon was literally Hitler
>The Churchill was the best tank in WWII
>The English won the Hundreds Years' War
>British naval guns on Malta could launch projectiles into space
>brodie helmets were superior
>English accents are superior
>English is the best language
>Normans weren't French
>imperial system is better
>dunkirk was a british victory
>british officers don't duck
>the bren gun was like a full auto sniper rifle
>boer concentration camps were refugee camps

Lindybeige is like a living parable on the dangers of unchcked conjecture in historical research

>Of course we have no hard evidence, but couldn’t it kinda sorta make sense if...
>Some people people have pointed out that hard evidence I was unaware of contradicts my theory, but I think my theory makes more sense so the evidence is irrelevant.

>Heroes leave girl in care of kind pastry seller

PAHAHAHAHAHAH

Unironically this

Or maybe he just rambles about shit

Since he's literally(yes literally) never claimed any authenticity aside from his own in any of his videos. Maybe you should make up your own mind as God intended. I know this is difficult for you but give it a try.

Jesus, the last I heard about this guy, he was getting posted in an shitpost argument about knights v samurai. What happened?

Wasn't the Viking thing about how being a Viking was an occupation rather than the regional culture?