Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1959: Dashed Hopes Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56139121/#56149032
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56139121/#56147721
pastebin.com/mji2BiH2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw Jumpchan will never give you a Christmas present

Name, then add a # or ##, and a word.

So for you, it would be something like Brother_user##eagle or something. But don't use that word, use another word.

This does make me wonder. Who among you have made up identities and masks to hide who you are or put on a persona? Which ones are your favorite ones to assume? inb4 "I wear no mask.

Origin is much better than almost anything in the jump. A couple years of study and you can then multiply the power of any ability by several trillion times at minimum. If not much, much higher.

You need to either severely nerf it or replace it or at the very least make it so you're not upgrading things that far.

Please see Some joker's been pretending to be me, please ignore him. Some feedback on the jump would be much appreciated.

Thanks Red. You're a lifesaver.
I hope you've been having a good christmas.

Okay. Fair point.
Given the source material a nerf would probably make most sense.
Thanks user.

Hope only exists so that it might soar to greater heights, only to be cast down into a deeper despair.

Out of curiosity, but is there a reason for the villains to not have a nifty lair while the heroes have two on offer?

Merry christmas, again.

Also again, the images still look like ass from compression.

Changelog:
-0.2:
Added “Last Warrior”, “Unsettling Presence”, and “A House Divided” Drawbacks.

Would the real Brother_user please stand up?

What is Jumpchain's thoughts on companions buying warehouse attachments if it makes sense for them to do so.

Where can I get the best fire or ice powers?

So Eleosain Scholar gives us the knowledge of an Eleosian, Pluto gives us the powers of one, and both of them together making us essentially one of them?

Post Jump for the Sburb jump you can place an alchemy lab using the client system provided by the warehouse dlc right?

Nasty Crimejumpers, that's who.

But I'm comfy sitting! Would raising my hands in the air, like I just don't care be as good?

>Out of curiosity, but is there a reason for the villains to not have a nifty lair while the heroes have two on offer?
Hmm, it is a bit odd. I was struggling a bit on the items so maybe I made a mistake there.
I'll give it some thought and see if I can come up with a replacement 100CP Hero item and make a Lair a general item.

A comparatively young one, but yes.
Does it seem alright to you?

You disgust me. You fucking subhuman piece of trash. Being a jumpmaker doesn't give you the right to treat others like dirt.

What will part 2 consist of? Also quick question, why does the fire one let us teach it to others yet the ice one doesn't?

Quietly hoping it will let me grab the other element that grows with me.

Ice powers I say frozen
Fire powers, battle through the heavens is damn good.

Why would you call someone else out as a impostor to insure that your reputation as a shitposter is confirmed? I literally had more respect for you when I thought you were the impostor shitposting about wakfu using Brother_user's name, the fact that you clarified that you were the real one and the person remitting your mistakes was an imposter, just shows that you really are an unrepentant piece of shit.

I have been plagued by bouts of reflexive honesty my whole life and I don't see that stopping. Most masks don't last out the week. Playing a feeble old man or spunky child for that time is pretty fun, though.

I usually run it so that I need the companion around to access it, as they are the one it is keyed to. Still, it's a warehouse attachment, so they need me just as much to get in. Less than optimal, but I usually leave the warehouse open somewhere anyway.

Merry Christmas to you too, sweetie.

Frozen has some pretty broken ice powers if you imitate Elsa.

I won't accept you as the real Brother_user until you say you never claimed Wakfu, other wise you're still just Timmy shitposting using a good jumpmaker's name.

It's called integrity. He called out the other person as an imposter because he believes in facing the conseyof his actions, unlike OA.

You disgust me. You fucking subhuman piece of trash. Being an user doesn't give you the right to treat others like dirt.

Does Infomorph let you exist as a being of information while in the physical world?
I remember that coming up last time, but not what the answer was.

Your acceptance isn't necessary for me. Thanks anyway.

Damn straight! Right or wrong I did what I did and said what I said.
If I have made a mistep then it's only right and proper that I deal with the concequences.

What do we have against OA anyway?

Mai Waifu keeps telling me to take off my mask. I don't know why.

What do you want for christmas /jc/?

Don't act like you're the victim here. You are literally just as bad as motherfucking Timmy. I honestly wish you'd have just ran with the impostor's lead and at least left us with the illusion you weren't a straight up asshole, rather then have it shoved in my face like this.

Nothing.

It's a bunch of assholes clinging onto a target and slamming it over and over. It happened to me, it happened to Digger, it happened to QS, and chances are it'll happen to you.

>Does it seem alright to you?
It's rather powerful but it is 1500/1800 CP, it's a little hard to say.

Don't suppose the Armed Dragon could have its own version of Dragon Mastery that only works with us as its rider? Otherwise it would be a bit sad for him if we didn't pick it.

I got Mordred for christmas. I'm happy.
I also got Persona 5, Nier Automata, and Eiyu Senki. Though I got those christmas gifts early.

It's just user Timmying on whatever target.

Nothing. It's basically a name that shitposters randomly attach with no real relevance to be annoying assholes.

Please give up your name so the impostor can have it. He honestly deserves it more then you do at this point.

My memory is letting me down here, user. i hope I'm not contradicting myself when I say this but normally no.
You can exist 'in the real world' when inside some sort of acceptable substrate, like a chip or a robot or even a person but as pure information, no. Some types of place however have more flexible rules and do allow it, like astral planes and whatnot, where you can exist as a sort of self-generating hologram. The character its based on did that initally right after his transformation before moving onto his first host.

I'm happy for you justice. I hope you have fun with those.

Thanks user. I'll look over it again after I've had some sleep and see if I can tighten up the wording a little.

>I honestly wish you'd have just ran with my lead
That was never going to happen.

I didn't realise my name had such value. Imma gonna keep it. My precioussss.
Ha, thanks for the laugh.

I don't know. Why don't we ask you, guy-who-devolved-an-entire-thread-into-OA-shitposting?

He reacts how the shitposters want him to.

>You can exist 'in the real world' when inside some sort of acceptable substrate, like a chip or a robot or even a person but as pure information, no. Some types of place however have more flexible rules and do allow it, like astral planes and whatnot, where you can exist as a sort of self-generating hologram. The character its based on did that initally right after his transformation before moving onto his first host.
I'll add this to the Notes section for future reference, by the by.

#RicrodDidNothingWrong

Part 2 will cover the Steelswarm Saga up to the final battle against Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth.

Crimson Arts lets you teach your fire stuff to others since the Flamvell are a society of many flame users, while Ice Dragons are solitary and mostly unique entities. Also they're giant fucking dragons with a lot of innate power so I gotta make up for the difference somewhere.

hahaha holy shit you are lucky. My current idea for the Evilswarm Innate (for context, Evilswarms monsters are mainly composed of creatures from the previous era/wars raised as corrupted undead) just lets you go back to Part 1 and choose any of those Innates, to represent you being a casualty from the previous war who was corrupted.

Sadly, no. You could try asking the Dragunity about it, steal the technique with stuff like... Copycat something from Ranma 1/2, or get a Dragunity companion who did choose Dragon Mastery to teach you the basic version.

I’m stuck on my build for MUSHOKU TENSEI. So could I see other people’s builds for the Jump?

A home.

He made a subjective comparison and sleuth freaked out. He did nothing wrong.

Mushoku tensei
Magician
Fedoa region central continent
54 yo male
Leaky limiter 800
Summoning and magic arrays 200
Team battle free
Healing magic 100
Elemental magic 0
Silent casting
Demon seed -500

Identification eye -750

Items
Wand free
Adventurers guild registration -800

Drawbacks
I want to go back, to infancy -600
Shameless pervert -500
Green hair -300
Glass cannon -200
Slavers 0

A reminder that Ricrod is legitimately offended by artwork of happy marriages.

>Part 2 will cover the Steelswarm Saga up to the final battle against Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth.
Sounds cool, we get to take down a Goddess!

>Crimson Arts
>Ice Dragons
Alright that is fair, thanks for explaining it to me.

>Spoiler
It is obviously a Christmas miracle! Thanks in advance for possibly putting that in if you do. My element won't look ugly or anything if I am corrupted will it?

>Sadly, no.
Awww.

>steal the technique with stuff
Wait, it is something you could actually learn in jump? I thought it was some sort of innate ability you were imparted from the dragons there.

Thanks again for the Jump SMT.

I think I found it.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56139121/#56149032
>Made it sound like it wasn’t dependent on bodies.
>Yes, well, making you dependant after the jump seemed dickish to me and hampered an otherwise nice power so I added that bit in.

Heaven’s Tsukihime remake.

#RicrodDidNothingWrong
#OAADidEverythingWrong

Socks would be nice.

Cake.

Silence.

Unlike you (mostly), Digger or QS, OAA has attacked people for no reason. Or can you explain why he decided to go after Val?

Tiamat

>Or can you explain why he decided to go after Val?

Simple. Jealousy and petty hate.

Here, have my favorite cake.

Define "ugly".

It is a skill, far as I can tell. There is a reason the version you choose has the power sharing thing on top.

A reminder that thread has never shown such solidarity as it did during that thread.

Anons lining up to shit on the single target, and namefags siding with Valeria and asking to get roasted left and right.

Magician
Human
Rikaris, Demon Continent

Leaky Limiter
Team Battle
Healing Magic
Elemental Magic
Silent Casting
Fighting spirit
Well Rounded
Adventurer's Card

This is a rough estimation of it, and good enough to survive as a first jump. What were you having trouble with? This build is spec'd for growth and versatility without dipping into drawbacks.

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56139121/#56149032
Thank you user for finding this. I really should get a grip on using the archive myself but never seem to find the time.
This jogs my memory nicely. What I was saying is that you can shift between being an infomorph and being a normal flesh-and-blood person, so you aren't dependant on the normal substarte needs an infomorph has, as otherwise seemed a bit dickish. The Real World doesn't allow for things of information without a container to exist, but some types of place however are more forgiving and have more flexible rules that do allow it, like astral planes and whatnot, where you can exist as a sort of self-generating hologram. The character it’s based on did that initially right after his transformation before moving onto his first host.
I'll adjust the note I've added to the jump to reflect this. Thanks user.

Sorry for the delay. Firefox has been a bit troublesome since the most recent update.

>What I was saying is that you can shift between being an infomorph and being a normal flesh-and-blood person,
Forgot to mention, this is only after the jump.

>That moment when you realize your drawback selection is going to make you into a Mean Girls-expy, with extra drownings.

How do I save Olga?

IIRC the Eleosian form isn't really a tall glowing man, that's just a "form your mind can comprehend" thing that they're doing. With the combo, are we picking up their weird Lovecraftian body that just appears to be a tall glowing person?

Break time.

Yeah, it looks like the idea is that in jump you need a substrate. Post jump, you don’t need a substrate, but you can’t manipulate the physical world without using some other power.

>it happened to Digger,
What? When? Don't remember anything but the usual shitposting jumpmakers get.

Speaking of the Armed Dragon, are there canonically little baby SCP 682 juniors like it running around everywhere?

Dog Years from the same Jump.

Use those Miracles to pull a genuine resurrection.

I might as well make salt that's reasonable.

Changelog:
>Clarified 'Warpsmith'
>Clarified 'Black Pariah'
>Both options knocked down to 300CP
>New Perk: 'Ode to Malice'
>Slightly buffed 'Bursting Vaults' in Slaanesh selection
>New Perk Trees: Nurgle and Chaos Undivided

Critique requested.

But seriously, what excuse do you have for the way OAA acted towards Val?

Actually, is this based on Modeus?
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56139121/#56147721

Val's a shitty person and OAA did what he thought was right?

If you don't have true resurrection, stash her soul with you in the tutorial area, then stick it in a new body back at Chaldea

OAA doesn't have a trip. How do you know it was the real OAA?

That's just 'cause Ricord is a lawyer.

>Pic
What game is that from, if you don't mind me asking? It seems familiar.

>Val's a shitty person

Under what pretense, shitposter. Valeria is no better, and no worse, than literally any other poster here.

>implying anybody would stoop THAT low as to impersonate OAA.

Eh, I don't normally do this, but given a certain imposter douchnozzle I feel the need to mention that this is me leaving.
I won't be posting over Christmas. What free time I do get I'll be working on jumps. Specifically Guyver and Wakfu Anime.

I hope all of you have a great Christmas, even Timmy.

You just caught me, user. But in essence yes.
You have a good Christmas user.

>it looks like the idea is that in jump you need a substrate
Yes
>Post jump, you don’t need a substrate, but you can’t manipulate the physical world without using some other power.
This is where things aren't quite right.
To use Infomorph under usual circumstances you need a substrate like a computer program needs a piece of hardware to run off of. But while a computer program can't just leave a floppy disk that's about to get cushed you can, by turning back into a flesh and blood person, who does not and cannot also be an infomorph.
Does that make sense? I may need to rewrite the power to make things clearer...
Anyway sorry but I've got to go now, user. i hope this helps and I also hope you have a good Christmas.

>Red post tasty updated Jump
>Brother_user needs to get to bed
Why do humans need sleep? I wish I could stay up and read this.
It's great seeing this is being worked on Red. Thank you very much for everything.
Merry Christmas.

At a glance it does look like it's talking about Modeus/Infomorphs. Normally they are stuck as data but as that would be dickish to make a jumper undergo a one-way transformation...

Brother_user away!

Val is callous, OAA is sensitive, and that's their relationship.

What did he do? Call out an arrogant ass on her less-than-stellar behavior?

Not really. There's only one Armed Dragon in the world if you take the Companion option, and zero otherwise. You could probably find others either way... eventually... if you fucked off to space and/or used dimensional stuff to travel the local multiverse.

Mostly trying to figure out a build that’s good mix of Magic & Melee. It’s also for a first jump and with drawbacks.

Has anyone claimed OFF for a jump?

Merry Christmas to you too, BA

Nope

I'm just wondering how many unkillable space dragons there are out there, and whether they're what the Worms are running from

I thought about making it years ago. How are you going to make a Jump out of it? It's a pretty narrow setting.

Civ 5

Again. Explain how. She is literally no better, no worse, than any of our posters.

So, I'm gonna focus more on Amazing Island for a little while, but I figured now was as good a time as any to ask the thread if there's anything in particular they want to see in the Needless jump.

All I have at this point is a blank doc, so it's not to late to suggest anything in particular.

Let's hope I got this tripcode thing right on the first try.

>Though if you're ever interested, there are some fairly good books on the subject in English. If you're willing to sit through the mounds of HFY present.
You got any examples? Islamic theology has always been something I've not seen too many sources about.

The mask of a decent human being

Also, is this an accurate description of the Champion of Magic's powers?

pastebin.com/mji2BiH2

I'll also add in teleportation to the Rock of Eternity somewhere too. Keep in mind I am not a Captain Marvel fan, therefore I may or may not have screwed up somewhere. Hence why I am asking the thread about this because no one I know is a Captain Marvel fan so I can't really ask them if it's accurate or not.

Thanks Kanons.

Tripcode's good, senpai.

and what I'd like is a refresher course on Needless, because that shit confused me from beginning to end and I feel like I still don't understand it.

So long as it's cute, there's no problem.

Just thought up a few ideas for it. I'm not going to stop anyone else if they want to take it, but I may see if I can make something out of it.

I let my companions spend their own points so if I think they want to have a certain attachment, they're going to buy it. This can result in redundant duplicates though.

I've claimed the letter "J" as a title ever since death note. If I ever want to stay anonymous, I just wear the mask of J.