Hey, all -- happy Holidays!

Hey, all -- happy Holidays!

Veeky Forums turned my attention to an amazing little game called Risus the other day, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice in running it for an ongoing longform campaign.

I teach at a school for children with dyslexia and other related decoding disorders, and I think they'd get a major kick out of Risus' simplicity.

Other urls found in this thread:

risusiverse.com/home/optional-rules/evens-up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use the evens up modifier
risusiverse.com/home/optional-rules/evens-up

Thanks for the tip!

Risus thread? Right on, my man!

Time to post some stuff.

Oh hey, I forgot about Risus. This is really cool, thanks.

Are the documents all available on the G-Drive?

And that's it for my Risus PDFs.

Bump.

I think the biggest thing for long term Risus is to be incredibly stingy with experience points. Risus characters are pretty damned competent out of the gate and too much XP can turn them into unstoppable juggernauts if you're not careful, especially for an inexperienced GM. Instead of XP, every once in a while, maybe every two sessions, offer the kids the chance to alter their characters if they want by taking a point out of a skill they aren't using and put it in something they are, or even use it to create a new skill. Make sure to keep to the max level rule if they do put it in an existing skill.)
XP, when it finally comes, can be spent as normal.

Definitely use Even's Up if they're dyslexic. It'll help make figuring things out much easier for them, as I'm sure you can see. Personally I prefer it to standard, anyway. I don;t know how the percentages compare or anything, but it *feels* like a better system. That's purely IMO, of course, but there you are.

Also, as an alternative if you and your kids are into this sort of thing, this system lets you play cavemen and uses stones drawn from a bag instead of dice. (You can easily

cont.
(You can easily use evens/odds on dice instead if you don't want to mess with the stones.)
It was created by a teacher to play with his young students, so it's fairly simple and intuitive.

Thank you so much!

Good for you. Have fun!

Glad to help.

>dyslexia
made up excuse for stupid kids

School's out for the shopping-mas holiday, I see