Bright (2017)

Let's talk about this setting.
What would be a good system to run it in?
What do you think this movie did well? Or did badly?
What would you want out of a Bright 2?
Is this the closest that Shadowrun is going to get to a movie?
Or will this bring on more 'Orc and Elves' Modern Fantasy media?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aiysKaxVYEs
youtu.be/M8PsZki6NGU
reddit.com/r/MaxLandis/comments/51nx5e/know_your_races_props_from_bright/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think it was all good except for the third act. It would've been better if the Circle of Light and Inferni got more development.

What I want to know is that if anyone were to run an RPG inspired by Bright, how could a group of PCs come together as "adventurers"?

By being shadowrunners.

>Circle of Light
You mean Shield of Light.
But yeah, there really needed to be more payoff to them other than the sword-waving hobo dude.
And the guy who got shot when Will Smith and Orc showed up.
"You meet in a seedy stripclub..."

Yea, that's what I meant. I'm pretty sure I spotted some Shield of Light graffiti too. So they're probably a popular group.

Official thread theme, probably Smill Wiff's greatest song ever made. Plus, it's a natural fit for a charismatic Face who considers himself a gunslinger.
>youtube.com/watch?v=aiysKaxVYEs

Yeah, especially when sword-swinging hobo dude turned out to be right about everything.

Wait, shit, I can't believe this didn't occur to me sooner:

Do all cops in LA wear a protective vest at all times IRL?

This might be an important detail in the world of Bright because it could signify how dangerous things are in that universe.

Except don't play Shadowrun.

What kind of stuff do you normally high-power-but-rare magic setting? You could probably just pull off whatever you could in a normal urban setting.
>You are all cops/security/just happen to be there at one place when shit when down. Get out and get stuff back to normal
>You all owe the Mob Boss something, and he's got a job for you to clear it
>One of more of you are a Private Deceive, and you all end up chasing the same thing

I wonder if the american presidents and founding fathers were Elves or if they were a mixture of all 9 races?

>TFW George Washington was a Centaur in this setting

I'm not positive but it's becoming more usual for police to wear protective vests whenever they can I think... at least in heavily urbanized areas.

i really love this movie, for all its flaws and it did have some i think what really matters is it was fun. like really fun, and as evidenced by this thread, had a cool world that drew people in wanting more.

heard from a friend that it's already greenlit for a sequel so let's look forward to that.

It's standard for them to always have a light-duty vest underneath their uniform.
But yeah, some of them are starting to wear heavier duty body armor that doesn't fit under the standard issue shirts due to how dangerous some urban areas are getting.

>George Washington as a buffed up Elf stabbing blokes with a sword
They were probably mostly Elves. The founding fathers were all rich, land owners, and some had slaves. (How many of them, I'm unaware.)
But yeah, that sounds like an Elf to me.

No: most cops do not wear vests at all times. Incredibly few do so, even when told to. They will put them on in rare situations, depending on what they're doing. The vests are uncomfortable. Also? LA is getting less dangerous for police officers--not more.

There's a lot of implications that Bright takes place in a more dangerous and violent world than ours. Their LAPD seems much more heavily militarized for example. Not only do they wear vests all the time, but their patrol cars are bullet proofed, and there's checkpoints everywhere manned by heavily armed men in armoured personel carriers. Attached is a picture of the real life LAPD headquarters, contrast that with the walled off compound defended by machinegunners we saw in Bright. Honestly given all that it's kind of a surprise the cops don't carry assault rifles in their patrol cars.

huh... well if you got dragons flying around and there's the potential for somebody to carry a WMD under their coat, and even without that you got phys adepts running around...

>What would be a good system to run it in?
GURPS. I can't think of a more specialized system that would work, even Shadowrun is mostly only good for doing Shadowrun.

>What do you think this movie did well? Or did badly?
Started strong, ended weak. Worldbuilding was some really nice stuff, but the plot got rather hokey towards the end. Magic was okay, but could have been a little crazier. Shit like that Inferni agent getting stuck to the wall was fucking dope, weird magic is the best kind of magic imo.

>What would you want out of a Bright 2?
Same setting, tangentially related plot. Flesh out that world some more.

>Is this the closest that Shadowrun is going to get to a movie?
Probably.

>Or will this bring on more 'Orc and Elves' Modern Fantasy media?
I doubt it. Doesn't strike me as successful enough to be a trend setter.

It was put up by the Shield of Light. Probably as was much of the Jirak stuff, because a lot of it has Jirak wielding a shield with their sign on it. If they were popular the LAPD wouldn't have explicitly described them as a terrorist group in the resolution of everything.

He was really just quoting prophecy.
I think that their name is itself a prophecy about Ward. Ward is bright. A ward that is bright is a shield of light.

I really liked that all Orcs are basically socially awkward, to some extent. Like, they just don't communicate in the same channels in the same way so they're prone to getting thrown off balance when talking to humans.

>i think what really matters is it was fun

Man, see, I didn't think it was fun at all. All the dialogue was stilted and for every interesting concept introduced, they glossed over it and made you fill in the blanks. It's wasted potential, the movie.

If it were a Shadowrun movie, we would have at least gotten a heist.

>>Is this the closest that Shadowrun is going to get to a movie?
>Probably.
if things go really well for this, then there'll be an explosion of knockoffs, and that'll mean more likely that a shadowrun movie will be made.

Let's just hope it's not like the FPS shooter that got made before Shadowrun Returns.

youtu.be/M8PsZki6NGU

Netflix is also releasing a cyberpunk tv show

Holy shit. Awesome. Transhumanism and everything.

Well... shit. Netflix is apparently deciding to get serious about kicking Hollywood's ass.

A lot of studios are trying to get their own streaming services in direct competition to Netflix.
So Neflix is throwing down the gauntlet and saying, "Alright, you niggers. You want to try to play our game, we're going to beat you at yours."

that's what happens when you try to expand your monopoly.

It's basically bringing urban fantasy back to the forefront, the positive audience reception from this shows people this is at least something people will buy. I think prior to this, there were like three things that would qualify as urban fantasy, Twilight, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter, all of which are primarily geared towards that middle school-high school demographic. Even though the movie itself wasted potential, it seems to have at least established audiences are keen on seeing where this sort of genre will go.

There needs to be a different name for this style of Urban Fantasy, because googling UF keeps bringing up 'Witches and Vampires' shit like Charmed or Twilight.

What about Neo-classical fantasy

Neo-Classical Re-Imagined Modern Urban Fantasy & Knuckles

I feel like Max Landis is making these threads. I'm p sure he wrote the movie

He wrote the original script and somehow managed to sell it for, supposedly, NINE FUCKING MILLION. Then Ayers took it up, changed some of it around, and shot it.

>I'm p sure he wrote the movie
>I'm p sure the screenwriter wrote the movie
Get your mother to loosen the straps on your helmet.

Yeah he is a talentless hack. You’ll notice nobody in this thread isn’t really praising the writing. Wonder how he will try to duck the blame for his one.

Wouldn't he have written the setting? People here seem to like the world building done in this movie.
If anything, the strongest parts of the movie are the setting and the visuals. The story isn't anything to write home about. But it takes a very basic story and tells it well.
The characters were nice, except for the evil elves. I love me a good bad guy, and this film did not have a good bad guy.

Really the biggest flaw of the writing is the lack of a Chekov's Gun for that recording. There should have been more of a struggle about whether he'd try to get Jakoby fired.

I doubt he wrote much of the setting. Not based off proof (who knows) but his other movies all either had a shit setting or just stole the setting from real life/other fiction.

I just don’t believe he has the talent.

I really thought the recording would come back as Ward getting off the hook for killing the four cops as he had a recording of them saying they would steal the wand and kill Jakoby. Like the part where the Mexican cop came up to him at the gas station would have been the perfect point to whip that out.

>I just don’t believe he has the talent.
Might not be completly original, but what the fuck is? His twitter has a bunch of lore/backstory stuff to it.
Sorry for the reddit link, but this is the only collection like this I found.
reddit.com/r/MaxLandis/comments/51nx5e/know_your_races_props_from_bright/

>Really the biggest flaw of the writing is the lack of a Chekov's Gun for that recording. There should have been more of a struggle about whether he'd try to get Jakoby fired.

That was like the first third of the movie, dude. The problem is that most of the build up to that struggle happened on the way to the house with the wand, and immediately before that subplot climaxed when Ward showed off his phenominal shooting skills that he never replicates for the rest of the movie.

THAT was the weirdest part for me. I was expecting him at some point to do something like what Murtaugh does in every Lethal Weapon movie, where he works a crick out of his neck and pulls of some amazing shot. Instead, after that Ward does some pretty good shooting for the rest of the movie, but nothing to really write home about.

With 20 pounds of pussy and ass

Same. Missed an opportunity there.

Evil Elves are awesome in my opinion. There were only 5 of them which makes them ridiculously overpowered.

On another note whats the ratio of dead cops to dead latinos in this movie?

>On another note whats the ratio of dead cops to dead latinos in this movie?

Er, what category do we put the State Trooper in? (Rodriguez, the "one solid cop" Ward called for help)

In defense of the movie, the Elves were shitting all over him for the rest of it. And when fighting against the Latinos, he does splendid.
And the elves essentially spent the whole movie shitting all over everything forever. The only reason they died was that the heroes were desperate.
And if the recording bit wasn't there, the first third still worked nicely. Because it shows you the racism that Jakoby has to deal with. It would have set the tone for how shitty Humans can be to the Orcs.
It would have been better if Ward followed up his excellent gunfighting by doing some John Woo stuff. But I don't think they were going for a John Wick feeling.
See, that would have been great.

>Really the biggest flaw of the writing is the lack of a Chekov's Gun for that recording. There should have been more of a struggle about whether he'd try to get Jakoby fired.
Man, that -was- a missed opportunity, coulda switched it on as they were telling him all this shit, especially when they threatened to kill him. Instantly fixes -everything-.

The elves sure were lucky that those SWAT dudes all ran at them like idiots instead of trying to shoot them though. It was nowhere near as egregious as the shit most action movies pull, but it still stood out to me a little.

I think they cancel each other out.

he would weigh in heavier on the "cop" side of things since he's with the sheriff department and not the LAPD

shit, sorry, forgot to erase my trip from another thread.

NO! FUCK YOU!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! POST DICK PICS AS PENANCE!!!!

In defense of the SWAT dudes, the buddy ahead of them is getting merked. You don't open fire when your friend is in hand to hand combat. You get in there and help them.
And the Elf timed her getting to the door just right that the first guys were there. So they had no space to properly shoot.
The last two could have shot them, but they got lit up.

>What would be a good system to run it in?
To keep the action and "damage" moving, I'm thinking something like Hollowpoint or GUMSHOE variant
>What do you think this movie did well? Or did badly?
It did well to show guns are good, magic is rare. It did bad in having too many acts and nuanced pieces.
>What would you want out of a Bright 2?
Less makeup and probably change scenery altogether. Feds+gangs+cults+prophecies+magic is overload.
>Is this the closest that Shadowrun is going to get to a movie?
Nah, ppl will ginf things to call Shadowrun on.
>Or will this bring on more 'Orc and Elves' Modern Fantasy media?
Maybe on Netflix dime, but not seeing it yet.

Speaking of elves shitting over Ward, during the first part of Ward and Jakoby's patrol, there was one scene where an orc is straight up lifting the front end of a Dodge Ram over his head so his kid can get the ball. I was expecting that to show up during that gas station fight, where Jakoby -who admittedly survives getting run over twice- would just flip the fucking car. I can't complain too hard though, since that was one of the better action sequences in the movie.

Honestly, a lot of problems with this movie could've been solved with better fight choreography and scripting. I'm hoping that's the plan for the sequel.

One would expect them to be more careful. Even if they didn't expect elves orcs can pummel you all the same.

Anyway on latino side of casulties there is also fammily butchered by inferni. Also i pity Rodriguez -seemed like only really decent cop outside of main duo

That could have been done if the car was still for a single moment while Jakoby was upright. Especially if he wasn't under fire.
But he did put a freezer rack through a windshield, which is physically impossible because car windshields are harder than that.
Especially with the angle it entered, since the glass is round and angled. It would bounce off.

But hey, the elf dude dodged it while sitting down.
And the V8 Holden in the section was revbanging everywhere and spinning it's tires. It should have had grip, even on a tile floor.
And if it was just spinning and revbanging, you'd think it'd have gone a little faster than no miles per hour.
And it would be awkward as fuck to drive around in a fucking gas station. So after spearing Jakoby with it, use it to keep him pinned the fuck down. Get out, dash his fucking brainpan with your SMG, then kill Ward and Tikka.

Done. Bad guys win. Or Ward is forced to detonate the whole gas station, which at that stage he wouldn't.
F for Rodriguez.
SWAT is good at carefully and rapidly entering and controlling a situation. You may be right that they could have handled the situation better.

>I was expecting that to show up during that gas station fight, where Jakoby -who admittedly survives getting run over twice- would just flip the fucking car.
The Ork lifting that toyota was really having trouble with it, and Jakoby is, from the looks of things, a bit of a wimp as far as orks go (he wasn't anywhere near as big or muscly as some of the ork thugs we saw). Between getting run over by the car (a scene that illicited a friend of mine to say "Built Ork Tough" and now I want Ford to have been an Ork), and his bad leverage for most of the fight that seems to have been a mitigating issue.

That's why I mentioned it not being as egregious as other films. They were being pretty retarded in a situation where they should know better (especially if they regularly deal with incredibly strong orcs) but it's not a totally unrealistic kind of retardation.

f

F

I wonder if something specific went down in LA because the leader of the Fogtooths said that people in Miami generally get along.

Though IRL Miami has a large ethnically diverse community.

Aside from that one orc lifting the front of the pickup truck, you don't really see any other orc as that strong in the rest of the film. A great example was how the latino gangbangers cause a scuffle with the fogteeth orc gang and they all hold their ground. Not to mention the LAPD cops constantly beating the shit out of the orcs. That leads me to think the scene with the truck lifting wasn't supposed to be a demonstration of what is typical for an orc, but what their potential can be - that one guy was just exceptional and probably goes to the gym on a daily basis.

>Though IRL Miami has a large ethnically diverse community.
most gulf coast cities tend too. Comes of being a major trade nexus, the african diaspora, the way the french, spanish, dutch, and english kept trading various colonies down there. 'Creol Culture' of one sort or another pockets the entire gulf coast east of the Atchafalaya basin at the very least (and a ways west of it, even into places like Galveston Texas)/

Im sure like dark lord days all orks were pretty strong, but with current lives the need for muscle mass is so low they stay around human capability, like the elves where super soldiers but they where magic'd up and had a lot of training, not topical of the general elf population.

There you go

this seems pretty fucking reasonable desu

It should also be noted that said Orc was also not in the middle of hand to hand combat. Back in the day, Mister T and Hulk Hogan used to lift cars up just a little bit, to show how strong they are.

Jakoby palm strikes a Latino and sends him flying.
I'm pretty sure lifting a truck that high is exceptional, but it's likely not unheard of for an Orc.
As for all those Orcs getting their asses kicked by cops, look at how Black Americans are treated today by white cops. Now switch that to Orcs, who are bigger and stronger and could probably break your neck by punching you in the face hard enough.
It's no wonder police ramp the brutality up even higher when dealing with Orcs. That scene was also doing two things at once.
It was developing Ward and Jakoby's understanding as teammates.
And it was giving us social commentary on police brutality.

>Jakoby palm strikes a Latino and sends him flying.

Before or after he was resurrected? This is an important detail because I got the distinct impression after he came back to life, he was also magically enhanced like the Inferni elves were.

Before. It was in the initial chase scene on foot.

Before iirc. They fought the latinos before meeting the orcs.

And that reminds me, one thing I liked was how they subverted the tired "that guy you helped that one time is coincidentally an important member of this gang that has you cornered, and he'll save you!" trope, since the kid refusing to kill Jakoby amounted to literally nothing.

i enjoyed it. not gods gift to modern fantasy, but not bad if you see it in line with "bad boys" and "rush hour". The plot would've fallen more into place if they shadowrunned it more and had all the other races just get dropped into their lap within a more recent time frame. It felt little awkward with one cop saying mexicans were still blamed for the Alamo, and another claiming his ancestors in Russia killed orcs by the thousands hundreds of years ago. The struggle to make a sudden situation work would lend more believably to the current culture portrayed, but if they've had all of time to get to this point, why the fuck is it so hard-line and militaristicly segregated?

I think it won him greater respect among the gang then he might have if he hadn’t saved his son. Plus, it showed that the gang leader wasn’t just a straight asshole; he understood why his son couldn’t do it and didn’t even seem that upset with him.

What is it about a magic wand appearing that turns EVERY COP dirty to the point of blue-on-blue murder?

>but if they've had all of time to get to this point, why the fuck is it so hard-line and militaristicly segregated?

Because the elves want it that way.

Honestly, I’m guessing the guy getting beat up just didn’t want to fight back and then get wasted right there in front of his wife, because that shit HAPPENS dude.
We currently have really edgy cops in this country who are wasting minority suspects for pretty much doing nothing at all at the first sign of danger, and if he punched that one guy his partner would have drawn and unloaded into him right into the street and it would be a considered legal kill or his penalties would be minimal at best.

Orcs are crazy strong in Bright but so far nobody’s bulletproof.

They were literally standing in front of a thing that had the potential to grant all their hopes and wishes. But even if they couldn't pick it up (because they're not Brights), they could at least sell it for potentially millions to people who can. Imagine if the cops had stumbles into a drug dealer's den and found hundreds of millions in cash - perhaps in some compact format like bitcoins on a portable hard drive.

Also it might have been the whole "MY PRECIOUSSSSSSS" evil magic influence of the wand, just like the One True Ring had in the LOTR trilogy.

I honestly think most of the time Jakobi when hitting people is not trying to use his full strength. Maybe he’s not as jacked as the most jacked orc ever, but he’s also not trying to just split people’s skull open with a solid punch either.
And when ganged up on by other Orcs there’s only so much you can do when every other guy is equally a strong and tough as you are.

There's no such implication that the wand has that sort of effect. All we know is that the wand is some super big dick shit that sets you up for life, even if you can't use it.

>Though IRL Miami has a large ethnically diverse community.
I think that was what they were getting at. MPD has some sketchy racial profiling shit done like seemingly every police station in the country, but LAPD’s track record includes some serious problems and the goddamn Rodney King Riots.

> no real societal reasoning other than "this bad shit happened X centuries ago"
>no orcs-rights activists
> no Rush Limbaugh type character on a TV in the background screaming about orcs wanting your freedoms

if it's just "elves want it that way" with no shown effort that they are actively trying to maintain it, its just bad writing or showing it'd make tons more sense to just drop savage cultures into the modern world and humans are left to sort it out. in one scene there is a fucking dragon flying over LA without fighter jets scrambled against it, apparently people can deal pretty well already.

Still, the main duo and Rodriguez were the only clean cops in the entire movie. Even internal fucking affairs was dirty.

It did accomplish something, just not the overly convenient thing that the trope is usually used for. And the gang leader always seemed like a reasonable dude by gang leader standards, he just wanted the wand and fucking hated cops because they crashed his friendship parties.

A lot of them seemed pretty dirty even before that. And it's like they said in the film, a wand is basically a nuke that grants wishes. That's a big deal for anyone.

>He dindu nuffin he was a good boy goin back to college he wuz gettin his life together sheeeeeeit

All of the richest (((people))) in that world are Elves, who are shown via the graffiti exposition in the beginning to manipulate humans to suppress orcs.

Except Leila, fuckin' bitch.

Not every cop, but those guys certainly were. Desperation makes people do shitty things and cops do NOT get paid much and are NOT popular these days.
Plus if you’re the kind of cop who bends the rules again and again and again (such as racially profiling people or using excessive force or planting evidence or covering up shit) just a little, it becomes easier to excuse stuff like that to yourself because you have both implied permission from your peers and superiors AND you are the guys people are supposed to call when that shit happens, so it becomes easy to see the law as not particularly sacred.
Most cops I’ve met aren’t loyal to the law; they’re loyal to other cops, which is a significant difference socially speaking.

Plus, Magic seemed uncommon enough that pretty much none of them had any real idea what it could or couldn’t do. They thought it could literally fix all your problems when you both needed a Bright and one who’s trained at that. Kinda like cops taking a bunch of missing laundered drug money without thinking that far ahead that the FIRST thing the drug lord is gonna do is come after them and their families first as the first likely suspects.

Veeky Forums went over this in a previous thread. To arrive at an exactly identical culture as us, the setting would need to have a history entirely different from us.
I think it's best to think about the history being actually different. But mirroring the geopolitical borders. Since most of our borders rely on natural borders - mountains, rivers, and so on. Cultural borders sometimes.

Earth's borders would look like they do if they were fantasy or not. If every nation is like America with groups of every race mixed with the Humans, then you don't have to think about it too much.

It would only be a pain in the ass if you try and envision race-specific nations, because then what do you do with native Human cultures?

Sure, some races would have stronger presence in some areas. That makes sense. But there'd probably still be a native Human population.
There are Humans too.
I put together a local punk venue. If I were Fogteeth, I'd forgo blasting them in the pit. I'd split them from stem to sternum and hang them by their feet.
The Elf as well. I'd make sure no magical realm shit is done, but she'd be a steaming pile of hanged mess as well.

>tfw all the xenophobia could be US-contained
>Europe, Asia and Latam could give less of a shit about the NeoCrusades against orcs

i get that, but it doesn't explain why, how, or when they became so, and how history proceeded exactly like it has. even offhandedly. a simple scene or two explaining anything that has happened more than 20 years ago even in passing and belief could've been suspended easily. everyone stumbles around not knowing shit about shit that's happening in one scene and accepting horrifying racism and hard-lined multi-racial inequality in another like it's been exactly this way since the dawn of time.

They also show one that suggests Jirak lives, except he’s still dead. Not that I’m saying you’re wrong, my guess is that while not all elves are in a “secret conspiracy”, because David Ayer’s not that retarded, certain wealthy elves see a strong value in maintaining the status quo and so do so the way some influential asshole white guys honestly find reasons and excuses to disenfranchise minorities becayse doing so benefits them.
Not bulletproof at all, she got put down pretty hard there for a solid white.
It just didn’t stick like it’s supposed to. The other two Inferneri goons died regular though.

>Most cops I’ve met aren’t loyal to the law; they’re loyal to other cops, which is a significant difference socially speaking.
“Ain’t no laws on Ceres. Just cops.”

>I put together a local punk venue. If I were Fogteeth, I'd forgo blasting them in the pit. I'd split them from stem to sternum and hang them by their feet.
>The Elf as well. I'd make sure no magical realm shit is done, but she'd be a steaming pile of hanged mess as well.

I am now reminded why I never got into the local punk scene: Proto edgelordism.

Excellent novel series and a depressingly accurate statement in real life, because if you ARE the guys people turn to to enforce the law and most of you are mildly corrupt then who the fuck else is anyone going to turn to enforce the theoretical laws you are theoretically enforcing?
It’s why the Frank Serpico thing was a big deal; he exposed how bad things had really gotten and it threw a lot of people, even other cops, for a loop because cops don’t usually turn on other cops.

I don't lead a gang, so if cops showed up at my venue and got it shot up by gangbangers, there's not much I can do.
Fogteeth did absolutely nothing wrong. He was acting like a logical person, given his position.

Plus the user is being stupid as fuck.
Really, just making them vanish is smarter because then there’s no evidence and nothing you technically did wrong.

Curious if the Orcs found that pit or if they dug it though.

So, last one leads us to dresden files rpg when shadowrun isn`t good for some of the guys here.
Anybody got some experience with the system?

Well, you indeed aren’t a gang leader but you did couch your statement with the hypothesis that you’d be even edgier then they were in the movie, so yeah.
That’s kind of what being an edgelord is.

I got plenty of it. Watchu wanna know?
Even been used it for a modified Shadowrun using the other Fate cyberpunk System, Interface Zero.

Yeah. Autistic isn't the right word (maybe for Jakovy), but it felt like the details actually lined up for orc psych/sociology.
Being able to smell pheromones takes away a lot of guesswork, so a lot of human social behavior isn't going to work at all (bluffing, false enthusiasm, white lies). But they're also going to be confused by those layers of subtlety they're not instinctively tuned to. So most orcs don't bother, and don't gel with human society - barring individuals that have something in common, like the punks and metalheads at the party.
Maybe I'm giving too much credit. Hopefully the sequel will shine more light on things (ba dum tsh).

Do yourself a favour and read the book series. Fucking great dystopian transhumanismn/scifi.
i hope the series can manage to capture the tone of the books.

>Same setting, tangentially related plot. Flesh out that world some more
its mentioned the inferni need 3 wands to bring back the dark lord. I'm expecting the sequal is going to revolve around their attempts to get another. But given their apparent rarity I bet it'll be set in some other city.