Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1960: Christmas Carol Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kdtQOM2LgKM
youtu.be/z5Ir6CzxKl4
youtube.com/watch?v=fhfcWTZeP1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Merry Christmas, you chuckleheads!

How do you introduce your holidays to Companions from worlds that don't have them? Have they shared their holidays with you?

Pinetree yeti vaguely related.

Speaking of Pokémon, people who go there are nuts. That whole world is on the down-low fucked. Body-snatching sandcastles, all Abras are horribly-deformed human children, candles that act like wisps trying to kill you, creatures with the ability to use Earthquake and destroy cities... Terrible.

And yet, despite everything, the vast majority of the ten-year-olds they send out on these adventures with these creatures come out of it just fine. The roads are safe enough to walk that the police often complain of boredom despite often occupying only a single station in the entire region. Most cities aren't in any real danger at any given time.

Most major threats take care of themselves, or are dealt with by a single child who is just really good at Pokemon.

True but if you get yourself a monster you can survive the decade easy enough.

Maybe?

>Treating the pokedex as canon

Merry Christmas!

Well, remember, your average human in Pokemon is fucking ripped. Even tiny Pokemon are heavy, but their trainers can casually pick up and toss them pretty large distances. There's a reason the physical fitness perk in the Pokemon Trainer jump sets you to "not quite Captain America, but close" levels. Humans are tough as nails, there.

>perpetuating dumb fan theories

Most of them seem to take the wake-style Walpurgisnatch party
pretty well, but the zombie killing on Christmas is not very popular.

The various solstices and equinoxes are the most popular celebrations with the witches and wizards, naturally (alternatively, the day after each of those, for those who actually have spell-work to do on those days). Christmas/Yule/whatever tends to get rolled into a big midsummer celebration season (most worlds with agriculture have a summer festival) around the summer solstice and we don't make a big deal of the actual day because if we do everyone always argues about which day it's supposed to be.

Calibration feast is also favoured, but it requires time hi-jinks to fit five days of feasting in between the end of one year and the start of the next, in most worlds.

Conversely, my companions and I have ended up on too many worlds where shit goes down on Halloween for us to really get into trick-or-treating, even if we love the idea on paper it's hard to leave the silver swords at home. I mean, we still go out and bring the kids, but it's more like patrolling than a candy hunt.

user, you're sitting here ignoring the games, manga, and anime and perpetuating anime physics fanon, so. Either you discount EVERYTHING ELSE or you discount the pokedex.

No, it's canon to every example of Pokemon media that people can pick up their Pokemon pretty easily. I don't know what you're talking about.

Merry Generic Holiday!

youtube.com/watch?v=kdtQOM2LgKM

The only holdover holiday I celebrate is Halloween. It's my favorite holiday!
If I ever get around to finishing my Fate build(s), I fully intend to apply the Halloween template to myself.
Val said that the mental effects of a template actually DON'T vanish after the jump is over, which makes actually picking one up a pretty huge deal that would prohibit most jumpers. ... but I love Halloween so much already, it wouldn't be that big a jump for me, and I'm totally fine with whatever it does effect. I'll happily max out my Halloween obsession. My Halloween Affinity is STRONK.
Halloween decorations are an absolute must! I don't even care if my other companions don't "get it". As long as I can enjoy spooky things and candy, it's fine by me! Not that I won't rope everyone else into it regardless, even if it just means they end up being the ones who get spooked!

Christmas actually does show up in most jumps that take place in Japan, but in Japan it's thought of as more of a romantic holiday. Which kindof means it's more of a novelty if anything to me, and not something I'm really interested in.
Even so, I'm not really into the commercialized aspects of western Christmas anyway, although snow and togetherness are still pretty nice for a moment. That can happen regardless of jump, though, as long as there's a cold season.

Yeah and maybe that's because the pokemon weights are dumb? And macargo being as hot as the sun is dumb and not canon?

Santa doesn't deliver to China.

What do sheep have to do with Christmas, Japan?

We see ample evidence throughout the various media that the humans of the Pokemon world are more powerful than our humans, in ways other than lifting heavy Pokemon. For example, resistance to convective heat currents, or surviving large falls. And the "oh, it's just a bunch of stuff kids made up, so it's all sorts of inaccurate" theory wouldn't apply to the weights of the Pokemon even if it's right. You think that Oak (or Elm, or Birch, or whoever) don't have scales? You think they're not weighing the Pokemon? Come on.

As for Magcargo having a body temperature of 18000 F, that's supposed to be its core temperature. It's stated that the surface of its body is meant to be cooler, so clearly it has some sort of insulation and that's why it's not incinerating people just by them getting close. So yeah, nothing about its observed behavior and abilities contradicts the Pokedex.

You'd think people in this thread would have realized that applying real life principles to fiction like in this post is stupid, but I guess the Vs. Battles bleed over results in a lot of people who live off of doing it.

Oh, real life physics principles don't apply to fiction? Well, then, there's no reason at all to think anything the Pokedex says is wrong. Hell, Magcargo could have a surface temperature of 18000 F, even, since real life physics doesn't apply there's no reason why that would hurt anyone. Thanks for chiming in, Princess Bubblegum.

Maybe because they’re fluffy & cute? Xmas in Japan seems to be a couples/friend time. They also eat Stawberry Shortcake & eat KFC as Christmas food.

No he has a problem delivering personally in china that is why The Sect of Christmas Cheer does it for him. Each year they travel out delivering presents, they practice the dao of Christmas.

Do you just masturbate to depicting children's series as deathworlds or something?

Also, Santa is called "Annual Gift Man", and he lives on the moon.

Are there Christmas Cultivators?

That's because Colonel Sanders looks like Santa to them and KFC Japan capitalized on this with big marketing campaigns.

Deathworld? What are you talking about? You heard the royal candy homunculus: The laws of physics are very different in the Pokemon universe, so there's no reason to believe that any of the things the Pokedex says are throwing around enormous amounts of energy are actually dangerous. Which fits what I've been saying from the beginning, that humans in the world of Pokemon are clearly able to handle any issues that might result from the crazy ecosystem they live in, and there's no big threat aside from the semi-annual attempts by Team ____ to do something stupid with legendary Pokemon.

No but you can decide that in gen xianxia you cultivate by giving presents to others.

You're right! China delivers to Santa.

What are your favourite perks for pulling off the Yagami gambit?

If you could have one manga turned into a Jump, that doesn't already have one, which one would you want and why?

Hard Mode: No xianxia

There is that one combo between Katanagatari and Lunars that makes for some really good plans.

So there lived that one gorgeous boy whose name was Johan Liebert...

It’s Christmas, so you know what that means.

Time for the Vaguely Incestuous Folgers Commercial!
youtu.be/z5Ir6CzxKl4

Merry Christmas cocksucks

Sheep are just really good friends to have when its cold.

Oysasumi Punpun

Aint nothing wrong with some good ol' fashioned forbidden love.

>57095001
Of course not.
‘Tis the Season motherfuckers.

>Didn't post the extended version.

youtube.com/watch?v=fhfcWTZeP1k

What are the best jumps for a Heist/Raid?

Heist

Gunsmith Cats. Because i'm old and Minnie May is awesome.

Berserk has a jump, but I wish it was better.1
I think Magus Bride is getting a jump, so that's good.
Dungeon Meshi would be good, but isn't really unique.
Imawa no Kuni no Alice gauntlet would be interesting, but the manga needs to finish first, I think.
Pointy Hat Atelier has a lot of chapters, but too few are translated.

Merry Christmas, Jumpchain, I hope you guys have a nice day.

Who made the Berserk jump, anyway?

Merry Christmas guys

The long-vanished Berserk user, also responsible for Warcraft 3 jump if I recall correctly.

Is Deku the tree?

My Ideal, and likely to never happen, version of the Berserk jump would have an Apostle Power Table similar to Generic Creepypasta. Shame it could never each it's potential.

He wants to be, sadly he is too short to be a real one.

Yo-ho-ho! Merry Christmas, everybody!

Since you all were such good boys and girls this year, I've got something special for you all in my sack of gifts!

Giant spiky demon cock would be a mandatory purchase.

Yes, yes he is.

Something something bowl full of jelly.

You know, now that I remember it...did Imhotep even want to DO anything terribly evil? I thought he just wanted to be with his waifu. The 10 plagues were technically a side effect of that really stupid curse to lay on your worst enemy. I'm struggling to remember what he did that was so bad of his own accord, other than drink those guys' souls, and I've done worse before breakfast.

Honestly the whole thing smacks of the Egyptians gods teaming up with YHVH to get back at some dudes who killed their mortal representative on earth ages ago.

Do you get it?

Yes. Yes I do.

Thank you, Santa! I've been having a really shitty Christmas, but this cheered me up.

There can be, A sect of christmas cultivators. Cultivatingnchristmas cheer and the love of giving unto others.

Their ranks start at elf and go all the way up to Saint. The current strongest and head of the sect is Saint Nick.

Unlike regular cultivation, in order to progress you must act selfless and give others gifts, instead of just going to bumfuck nowhere and meditating.

>TFW random background apostles are more intimidating designs then most main villains

>Since you all were such good boys and girls this year

Miura was always great at monsters when he doesn't just make them big wieners.

Semi-related question. Last thread, I asked about Apostle-like forms that aren't from Berserk and where to get them, and idn't get much of an answer, so I must ask, /jc/, where to get the best Monster Forms?

20th Century Boys, Saint-Oniisan, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Keroro, Bokurano

What a lewd pickle.

Merry Christmas, Red!

Aside from Santa and the Joke Jump, where should you go to spread the Christmas Cheer?

I think Toriko and his friends canonically help Santa deliver food to all the people in need, who in turn delivers a database of Gourmet World Ingredients to the corporation that supports them.

Deviljhos are not for lewd

Merry Christmas, /jc/!

Merry Christmas Heavens.

Happy holiday, my favorite jumpmaker.

>She gifting herself to you

That’s adorable.

Indeed she is, now take a closer look at her eyes.

Well, it's still Christmas somewhere, right?

No cheesy christmas themed message from me, I'm just getting some old claims completed and putting them in the thread.

This one is based off a Brandon Sanderson book, Elantris. Set (sort of) in the same universe as Mistborn. Expect more.

As usual, please link feedback or criticisms to this post for me to get back on.

I'm going to do my impression of a log now.

First day of Christmas down.

Nah, they just act as Santa, there's no pre-existing Claus figure.

Will the second day be the one where the Sunless Sea DLCs finally appear?

>Elantris
Oh wow, never thought we'd get a jump for that. Does it also cover the sequel/the book that takes place in the same world?

Oh, neat. Elantris wasn't my favorite of Sanderson's books, but it's still a pretty cool world. And with the continuity drawback, we can mess with Hoid, which I think we can all agree is the real fun of going to the Cosmere setting. I mean, I guess we already could, there's no reason we couldn't learn Worldhopping while we were in the Mistborn jump, but this will make it easier.

Ah, that's my bad then.

Yeah hearts in her eyes. She wants to make a Christmas baby.

Let me know if you want a different text for this one.

Merry Christmas, jumpers. May the Phoenix Force be with you!

Is this the one with the zombie gods?

does the army of anubis all count as one companion?

Oh no no. This is good, this is very good. I'm saving all of these.

...holy shit how many of these did you stock up on?

Is noble supposed to be listed as a drop in? It sounds like it does give you a history in the world from its description.

...eight.

I was going to stop at five. But I kinda lost control of myself.