Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Guilliman sure hopes you don't do that edition

>FAQ update
warhammer-community.com/2017/12/15/the-future-of-faqs-and-chapter-approved-dec-15gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Peach
youtube.com/watch?v=X_Y61xmylas

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (all of them):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

DA CODEX:
mega.nz/#!Ald3GbDI!gE1W1yRfDZauVwh6xwmAIP4v16f3BdLb7TI6qcGj1nE

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA
>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer Updated for Tyranids? Math-user requests vetting
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

www38.zippyshare.com/v/8QaZvMg0/file.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmbsRqlyng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What did Santa bring you this year?

I got some wolf guard terminators

where's the link to old thread?

Since when do we do that?

I plan to start playing WH40k. After doing some reading I am considering either Black Templars or Death Guard. Which army will be best for new player? What are must-haves to play for 1000-1500 pts?

I got Start Collecting Khorne Daemons and all the paint necessary to paint them.

>Which army will be best for new player?
your favourite one

you can paint the generic SM's as black templar, and both are included in all the big boxes, so go with what you like most.
>must-haves
rulebook, codex for your army, 1 hq
i suggest getting something "bigger" to use as a nice centerpiece for your force and some troops or smth

Repostan from old thread.
OK, getting quite close to being able to run the full Genetor army, massive amounts of infantry spam and all. Still need a couple boxes of Skittles and preferably some Kastelans and Dunecrawlers, but how's this for now:

Admech 2.5k Brigade, Stygies dogma.

Dominus, Erad Ray, Macrostubber, Anzion's Pseudogenetor, Prime Hermeticon (136)
Dominus, Volkite, Phosphor Serpenta (134)
Enginseer (47)

3 Destroyers, plasma/flamer (216)
5 Rangers, 2 Arquebi, Omnispex (92)
5 Rangers, 2 Arquebi, Omnispex (92)
5 Rangers (35)
5 Rangers (35)
5 Vanguard, 2 Plasma Calivers, EDT (73)

20 Corpuscarii (280)
20 Fulgurites (320)
20 Fulgurites (320)

Dragoon, Serpenta (74)
Dragoon (68)
Dragoon (68)

Dunecrawler, Neutron + 2 Stubbers, BSDT (145)
Dunecrawler, Neutron + 2 Stubbers, BSDT (145)
2 Phosphor Kastelans (220)

Total 2500 exactly.
Points costs may be a little off because I was correcting to Chapter Approved points in my head, but there's little upgrades to tweak if needed.
The general idea is that the secondary Dominus forms a mini-firebase with the Onagers, sniper Rangers and the 1CP-rooted Kastelans while I blow another 4CP on teleporting in 60 priests and the Warlord, leaving the random expendable Skitarii and Dragoons to secure everything between the two strongpoints and block/tie up anything that tries to chop the shooty or shoot the choppy more than once out of Deep Strike.

I may have gone a little heavy on the melee, but the idea of being able to disintegrate both Daemon Primarchs and all their screens in a blazing wall of lightning out of Alpha Strike appeals to me. Spending 5CP on deployment is harsh, which is why it needs a Brigade to sustain good offensive output at 1 or 2CP a turn after that, or dumping everything into a Beta Strike with a 3CP Fight Twice and 2CP 2++ to hold ground if that won't be feasible.

Two Dragoons, another box of Kairics to figure out how to convert and hopefully some Magi and Enginseers.

Nth for a happy Sanguinala!

In order to start playing, you need an HQ and at the minimum, 2 troops, or 3 of any other role.

get what you like.

Pick the one you like the most aesthetically as painting and modeling will take up the bulk of the Hobby.

Death Guard are solid and you can expand into Nurgle Daemons no problem.

www38.zippyshare.com/v/8QaZvMg0/file.html

Merry christmas warmasters epub from the other thread.

>at the minimum 2 troops or 3 of any other role
you could go with 1 aux detachment to need only 1 thing, or if you dont want aux, just 1 hq and 1 troop for a patrol

Always pick your army by whatever is most OP at the time. If your army gets nerfed, trash it and buy a new one.

spoken like a true WAACfag
I'm proud of you

My room mate got me a cheeky Redemptor Dreadnought which I actually really wanted. Not sure how she knew I collected chads but she did. Best roomie ever, she totally slow rolled me and said she just got me random shit to unwrap as well.

nice, they are cool models. Get a new bloodthirster, its very sexy.

>yfw she actually did get you random shit, and just got lucky
>yfw you have no face

Thats where i plan to go after i finish my Start Collecting Box. Going to be a bitch tho.

Box of fire warriors from the gf :D
Im not super used to getting anything much for Christmas cause come from a kinda poor family

Pick the one with your favorite lore unless you are a WAAC fag. Your unit composition should largely be determined by the people you fight with. If your community is pretty casual, you can just go with stuff that sounds cool. If they are more competitive, you will need a variety of different weapon types.

Why the Emperor was such a dick to Lorgar?

He could've turn the people from the planets the word bearers conquered to the imperial truth later

>box of fw
a very good choice, the ethereals will be proud of your gf

They are both fairly friendly to newcomers as the Death Guard are in several of the bundle sets and Black Templars are generic space marines with an upgrade kit for non primaris marines. Of course space marines of either flavor are decently forgiving while being of middling strength in both shooting, psychic(which Black Templars as a chapter can't do anyways), and melee. In short if you're ok with a large starting purchase Dark Imperium would be a great starting place since you would get both factions of interest and offer a decent sampling of each faction. You wouldn't get to experience crusader squads which are simply fluffy tac squads for Black Templars with some unique changes or any unique options for HQs or faction options/allies with either faction if you just start with that box set.

As far as Death Guard go I'll let someone else cover them since I only play Black Templars atm. A good HQ for any Black Templar is of course an Emperor's Champion, which is our premier character killer. Outside of that if you want to stay fluffy you'll want to focus on all out brutal assault so Vanguard Veterans, Crusader Squads, Ironclad Dreadnoughts, Land Raider Crusaders and anything else that moves fast and packs a wallop. A good smattering of Chaplains wouldn't be amiss either as they help you out in the melee phase where are chapter tactics help you get stuck in. Overall you can field what you like and how you like it, barring Librarians, and generally do well with Black Templars. Hope you figure out what you like best!

>Through the influx of warp energies, the planet of Armageddon has been transformed into a hellscape. Daemon armies swept across battlefields no longer chained to the laws of reality. Luckily for the remaining Imperial armies (twenty-five regiments of Imperial Guard and elements of nine Adeptus Astartes Chapters) and the Orks (a variety of unknown clans), the Daemon legions were just as content to battle amongst themselves as to hunt down and eradicate the survivors. DUE TO COMMUNICATIONS DIFFICULTIES, the exact numbers of extracted Imperial defenders are unknown.

So is Armageddon pretty much fucked? Will it fall like Cadia? Can the Imperium afford to lose Armageddon? I mean, Cadia is still strong even with the loss of their homeworld because they breed like rabbits all over the imperium. Can we say the same about the Steel Legion?

Nothing

Hey Veeky Forums,

I can't decide between pic related and the punisher sicaran.

Which should I get?

MERRY CHRISTMAS YA GITZ!

Venator.

Sanguinala came early this month for me in the form of all the Blood Angels stuff when it released. It was a good day.

Happy Sanguinala, user.

>#2 conversion
whats number 1?
also how hard is it to remove the skull? I want to put blue on there

Show me your dark eldar lists.

Should I add edgy skulls on my farsight enclaves suits?

Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Nurgling.

I got nothing hobby related. Money is currently very stressful for me personally, and things are pulling up after getting laid off a little while ago. I have a job now, but I'm still catching up on bills. To top it off, my car's fuel pump recently have out on me, and the bill was nearly $600. What I got was $300 of that paid off, which is a huge burden taken off my plate that I am very grateful for.

>minimum 2 troops
Not anymore. It's 0, 1, 3, or 6. Imho, the game would be a lot better off with enforced minimum troops again.

Got me some devastators and a captain! I'm going to make them into Bloody Magpies and give my Grey Knights some much needed ranged firepower.

£40 of random shit that turned out to be good and what I wanted is still good enough for me!

I got her dead of winter the boardgame. Best nerdy christmas ever.

Merry Christmas, you miserable bastards

Keep on trucking, user!

Nothing Veeky Forums related even though everyone knows how passionate I am about the hobby.
All I got was 5 pairs of socks and some chocolate

Two Hive tyrants, one box a termagants, one box of hormagaunts, a nice wooden watch, a range bag(with electronic ear pro, a couple magazines, and a nice first aid kid), and all the components to build my own rifle.

Merry Christmas anons. I got the memestealer battleforce from my family, which puts me at an impass: my favourite models in 40k are the solitaire, the archon, and the patriarch (inb4 xenos scum). I already collect dark eldar, and I’ve been painting up an old metal harlequin model. I can either keep the memestealers or return it and snag the clowns.

Santa brought me 2 extra days off to work on minis! Also, a Caliper which will be useful for when I start work on terrain.

Unless you play a lot of ork spam I see the autocannons as being more useful.

CODEX ONE DAY EVENTUALLY BROTHER
BE FAITHFUL TO THE THRONG AND YOUR BELOVED FAMILY
also just collect all three armies pussy

>The weak should fear the strong

Dashing Through the Snow,
With a krak grenade in hand
Charging Heretics...
It's all part of Creed's plan!

The Light of our lasguns,
give most xenos a tan!
so run them over in a tank
Chimera party van!

OOOOOOH!

Plasma's Hot! Guide My Shot,
Oh great Emperor!
cuz' its the only thing we've got
to kill that terminator!

Plasma's Hot! Guide My shot,
Mighty Emperor!
Cuz' I'mma turn them killakans
into smoking craters!

The Tau can hit a barn,
With everything but fists.
Get into melee,
And they're bound to miss!

Sneaky Genestealers:
They try to steal our shit!
But my Executioners
are having none of it!

OOOOOOH!

Plasma's Hot! Guide My Shot,
Oh great Emperor!
The zealotry of conscripts,
is no longer so inspired!

Plasma's Hot! Guide My shot,
Mighty Emperor!
We'll bury all our foes
with our overwhelming fire!

keep the genestealers.

>Tfw you got another Start Collecting Admech AND a Imperial Knight

Deus Ex Machimas, and merry Christmas!

I gots necromunda and a bits box bag with about 40 marines, including a metal jump pack chappie

So does anyone know where to get a good supply of miniatutre pistols like those from Kroot Carnivores or Empire Pistoliers? The ones on Horde O' Bits were all out of stock, and I don't know where else to look.

I got some melta sisters! Enough for another group of dominions, damn fine hall.

Plastic Great Unclean One confirmed, boys:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPmbsRqlyng

Now that is a rich family. Enough for a squad of Dominions.

I got one of those magnifying glass/light combos. From everyone. Everyone I know got me one. I have no idea what to do.

PESTIGORS TOO!

Couple of giftcards to my FLGS. Gonna pick up another unit of Dire Avengers or maybe some warithblades. Maybe a SC Drukhari set. Who knows?

Puppetswar and Anvil Industries both sell flintlock pistols

So would this thing be best to proxy as a rhino for my cultists?

>tfw you kinda like IG, especially Krieg but feel like they have too many tanks in their armies and it just feels like a boring tank/soldier army and nothing else

Got spacehulk, gang war, a DKoK command squad, levithan dreadnought and a Exocrine.

120$ from which ill spend 80$ on jetbikes
Better start Death Guard.
Black templars have barely any rules and I don't think it will change soon

Keep the genestealers, even if you don't plan on playing them, the battleforce gives you all of their good looking units for display.
Playing the army is difficult because it requires shittons of expensive infantry, as well as ally tyranids or guard to be viable at all.

It is taller, smaller foot print.

We already responded you this like 4 thread ago. Stop this madness

Yes. It even comes with a dozer blade, in case you want to use that.

>retard car instead of alien tech
so this is the power of jean stealers

Cheaper than playing pure SoB

>feel like they have too many tanks in their armies and it just feels like a boring tank/soldier army and nothing else
that's what IG is though, i'm sorry for your loss user

Keep them on rotation for when the batteries die and you have to recharge it.

>genestealer cults
>alien tech
No. Cults don't work that way.

geneSTEALERS are the niggers of 40k. They steal all their shit.

Haruspex, Tyranid Start Collecting, a Broodlord, and the best model of last year...

Check it an weep, Tzeentch cucks.

Most things in life are cheaper than playing pure SOB.

Is it ok to use FW Primarch models for Daemon Primarchs?
Are they too small?

Forgeworld BTFO once again.
I love that face-framing smile.

>shop has multiple SoB players
>I'm the only Tau player
just because i hate metal models too much to play SoB

Then don't run tanks my man.

Valkyries, Vendettas and Vultures is the patrician choice anyway. With grav chute drops the frontline is wherever you want it.

GSC are viable casuallyafter CA. Throwing 16 purestrains with the Primus and 8 with the patriarch is usually hilarious.

Yes, they're too small. Height is not the problem, since they already come on scenic bases, and you could just increase the size of those, but width definetly is, considering that all of them have huge, broad wings in daemon form.

Thanks user. It's one less thing.

i understand that my friends, all i mean is that i am disappointed with them.
They are just malformed IG

Brrrrt

Ventilation hood, airbrush and compressor

*dunks in washes and takes blurry photo*
Yes, that'll be 113 dollars for 10 pro painted cultists please.

>Two HQ and two troop choices
Why not make it 12 with the Primus, and 2 x 8 with the patriarch? That'd be a full battalion detachment.

So try another theme. IG has more styles of play than almost any other codex.

Grab some flyers, some veterans, and some tempestus and play an airborne game.

Grab the Ogryn auxilia, a big-ol' FW transport and try bashing your enemies' brains in with clubs.

Perhaps static artillery emplacements and cavalry if you like krieg.

No one's making you use tanks, dude.

So what do I do about the nose turret, just ignore it?

washes are the best though

>10/10 would pay for

I got a small drone

Because the Primus has crazy deployment power after CA. You’re basically assured whatever you want on the ambush table. And don’t forget the magus and iconward. That’s 4 HQ.

drones are best
you should run a commander/drones only army

Thats what they were always going to be dude, they hide and then rise up using civvie equipment.

If only storm troopers still looked like that.

The list above was just a patriarch, a primus and a total of 24 genestealers. Of course, whoever has a patriarch and a primus will also have a magus, unless they bought them separately off of a reseller or something.

The Iconward is good in game, but a waste of money if you consider the fact that acolyte hybrids are usually 6.6 euros each (iconward is 20).

>PESTIGORS TOO!
Where?