Will you play tabletop games with your kids?

Will you play tabletop games with your kids?

Poor kid, he never had a chance.

Not having kids, though.

I'll probably teach them to the kids of my friends. It's part of my job as the Crazy Uncle.

There's no way I'm going to be able to have children.

If they want to, sure. Can't force a kid to like things.

I posted a thread some months back about advice for getting my unfocused little girl into RPGs! We played some solo sessions. She's pretty mad she can't ask any of her friends to play (she's 13) because they think it's stupid.

I'm not able to run for her every day, but we play when I'm able to. Single father life is hard, you gotta take your small victories and run with them sometimes.

C'mon, you're probably still young, if you put some effort into hunting for chicks you can pull it off.

Guess if I raped someone it's technically my child.

I'm 27, I'm a virgin, I've never had a girlfriend, I've suffered an accident this year that broke my nose and robbed me of my sense of smell and taste, I'm constantly in pain and I want to tear my nose off my face just to escape from this. I'm supposedto have an operation but I haven'theard from the doctors in months and I'm loosing my mind. I'm sitting in bed chomping down codeine which barely works anymore while the rest of my family is having Christmas dinner. I want this to end.

>not brainwashing your kids with the latest nerd-chic trends and then posting pictures on facebook and instagram of them in star trek costumes claiming they have epic taste in hobbies

Stay strong man, i know life isn't easy for you, but it's worth it in the end.

>C'mon, you're probably still young, if you put some effort into hunting for chicks you can pull it off.
But I don't WANT kids, I'm not still young, and I'd rather spend my money on expensive toys than a wife and kids.

Not personally interested in having kids. Haven't ever been and told my parents at the age of 8 not to expect grandkids from me. I'm in my 30s now and the only way I'm having kids is if I get married to a guy who already has them. (And I'll kind of hope they're either older or spend most of their time with their mother.)

That said, my brother has kids and I'm looking forward to when they're old enough to play games and rpgs with, even if they only have occasional interest in it.

>I'd rather spend my money on expensive toys than a wife and kids.
Without kids, who will take care of you when you're old?

not that guy but ideally robots assuming technology continues to advance

A real shame. The dad is pretty good looking and the kid seems to have inherited those genes. Dad could've done something active with his son and the girls would be all over him at school, instead he'll end up a lonely neckbeard and probably a neet once he drops out of college in 7-8 years. Really poor parenting on part of the dad trying to relive the rose-colored nerdy childhood he never had.

Suicide before I get too old to care for myself. One of my expensive toys is a sports bike, after all.

Is that really the way to go? You want to throw your life away like a used napkin once you can't care for yourself? Do you think you'd really be able to do it when the time comes?

I already do with my son. He likes the maps and the dice. He's pretty competitive right now, always wants to "win". It's one of many things we do together, including sports, so he's not going to be a neckbeard if I can help it.

See, a part of me says "eh, who the fuck cares, I hate kids, and I know I sure wouldn't be a good dad", but another part of me says "man, who's gonna remember this shit when we're all gone, it sure ain't gonna be my buds, I'm the youngest guy out of them all".

Go to a home for the elderly. Volunteer a couple of times. You will understand how stupid you are.

Hell yeah

No kids for me.

Wow. I am sorry for you.
Hopefully you find reason for your continued existence.

>everything is about getting pussy
You sound like a sad incel.
I've had both and I'd happily take the RPGs. As opposed to my friend who hopped in bed with the first woman to have him and now works 60 hours a week to support his kids and has to quit our games.

WE'RE ALL GONNA MAKE IT HANG IN THERE

yep

Anyone's guess. I won't be financially secured to start a family before late 30's optimistically, mid 40's realistically. And I won't go through with it before that, because I grew up in poorfag household and it sucks.

Yes, totally. Tabletop is perfect for kids: it's fun, it allows them to express creativity (they can do literally everything, from imagining worlds for the whole family to play in, to painting and building miniatures), and you can actually teach them something by placing their characters in interesting situations and adventures that make them think and learn. But only if they like it, of course.
Too bad I'll never have kids.

>Do you think you'd really be able to do it when the time comes?
With a motorbike, the hard part is NOT dying. Otherwise, it will be when there's nothing left for me to live for.

I will pass the gaming knowledge onto the kids I'm connected to, so it doesn't die with me.

Not him but I have no qualms with offing myself once the time comes. Raising a child so that you'll have someone to look after you in your old age feels inherently selfish to me. Plus there's already plenty of people on this earth, don't need me contributing to the population problem.

There's a decent chance medical technology will have progressed somewhat by the time my body's failing me. Perhaps powered exoskeletons will be able to keep me moving up until an important organ fails for good? I know they're already looking into that in places like Japan. I think my mind will be the real kicker though, even with family to take care of me I wouldn't want to live through something like Alzheimer's. Nothing seems as cruel to me than having your memories slowly fade away. I mean, I AM my memories, without them I'm no long me, just a blank slate responding to stimulus.

I'll probably catch a flight to a snowy country and just walk off into the wilderness. Eventually I'll pass the point where I don't have enough energy to return to safety and that'll be it. Face down in deep snow, I'll slowly pass out from the cold and expire.

Hey, sounds kinda like my life... except I'm 41 and not 27. At least you have some hope (operation). I don't even have that.

>it's worth it in the end
How's it worth it if you're in pain all the time and it only gets worse?

If they show an interest.

I wouldn't force it on them, though truth be told, I'd rather they get into ttrpgs than vidya.

Jesus Christ you guys are depressing.im glad I got in to ttrpgs after I got into girls
pun intended

I already bought a Dutch version of Heroquest so I can start ruining my friend's kids before they even learn English.

I'll definitely play games like this with my own kids later.

That photo is so steamlined, as if its an advertisement.
Call me paranoid but still, reeks of social media marketing

>Raising a child so that you'll have someone to look after you in your old age feels inherently selfish to me.
Has that not been one of the major purposes for having children since the dawn of mankind?

Nope, you raise children to pass on your genes.

the question should be rather, "will I ever have kids to play tabletop games with?"

>I'll probably teach them to the kids of my friends. It's part of my job as the Crazy Uncle.
another upcoming crazy uncle here, high-five

Anyone else hope and pray that your kid doesn't turn out to be a massive normie. Not even saying just a regular normie, buy one of those Chad normies.
>"Ha ha, why did you play that gay nerd shit when you were a kid? You wasted your money on that gay shit? Tabletop games are for faggots. Haha gay!"

This.