Ripple

1) $100+ Million in VC funding from Google Ventures, Seagate, Core Innovation Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, IDG Capital Partners, AME Cloud Ventures, Standard Chartered, Accenture Ventures, SCB Digital Ventures, SBI Holdings.
2) 200+ employees, including former SWIFT execs
3) Offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Sydney, Mumbai, Singapore and Luxembourg
4) Sits on Federal Reserve Task Force 5/17/17
5) Sits on US Fintech Advisory Board 10/19/17
6) SEC Registered
7) ~$15 Billion in unrealized assets (~$110 Billion as of 12/31/17)
8) Q1 2017 - $6.7 million in institutional purchases of XRP
9) Q2 2017 - $21 million in institutional purchases of XRP
10) Q3 2017 - $19.6 million in institutional purchases of XRP
11) 100+ Banks testing/implementing Ripple tech as of 10/10/17
12) Confirmed real world use of XRP on 10/10/17 by Cuallix
13) Partnership with AMEX announced on 11/16/17
14) $100 million XRP denominated hedge fund announced on 11/28/17 by Michael Arrington, founder of TechCrunch.
15) 61 Bank Consortium out of Japan announce RippleNet is "Production Ready" on 12/6/17
16) 55 Billion XRP Escrow Lockup announced 12/7/17
17) 12/13/17 - Yoshita Kitao, Chairman at SBI Global Asset Management Co., Ltd., SBI Capital Management Co., Ltd., SBI Financial Services Co., Ltd. and SBI Securities Co., Ltd. tweets they are "All in on XRP".
18) 12/15/17 - 61 Japanese/South Korean banks announce Ripple trials to commence and run through 1/31/18, with intent to use XRP upon completion.
19) 12/19/17 - Zoe Cruz, Co-president of Morgan Stanley for institutional securities and wealth management, named to Forbes "most powerful women" 2005, 2006, 2007, ranked 16th most powerful woman in the world in 2007 by Fortune.com; added to Ripple's board of directors.
20) 12/29/17 - 3 Japanese credit card companies partner with Ripple: JCB, Sumitomo Mitsui Card, and Credit Saison.

Now go on, tell me how this is a "shitcoin" and why you're a complete moron not to invest in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@rusty_lightning/the-three-economic-eras-of-bitcoin-d43bf0cf058a
medium.com/@homakov/stop-calling-bitcoin-decentralized-cb703d69dc27
ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-55-billion-xrp-for-supply-predictability/
ripple.com/build/reserves/
web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/-
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no one wants your bags user

Kikecoin

Fucking kikes attacking all forums.

Mods! Fuckign ban pastas!

3 replies, not a single rebuttal to the unrefutable fundamentals. The absolute state of biz.

Stay poor.

Ya unfortunately it is the state of /biz

It’s gone downhill since normies have discovered it.

Say it normies “b b but muh marketcap”

sad isn't it? XRP is light years ahead of literally any other crypto out there, and these tards can't see the forest for the trees.

Ripple will dethrone Bitcoin, there's no doubt about it.

Thanks but not thanks, if I wanted a centralized coin, I'd stick to fiat

Of this I have no doubt. And it's not even because I'm *that* big of a believer in XRP, it's because BTC it's such a colossal piece of shit.

dont fall for their tricks, goys. They want you to sell your precious deflationary ETH / BTC / BTH / BTG

>Say it normies “b b but muh marketcap”

Bitcoin's market cap is not the ceiling, because bitcoin is practically useless now. XRP on the other hand serves a real-world purpose, and Ripple speaks to an industry that is worth trillions of dollars.

In 2018/2019, we will all be using it to pay for everything online (pic related) and institutions are already using it to save fees (e.g Cuallix).

both fucking wrong. XRP is good (( im jewish )) , but it's hard to compare to other crypto's. XRP is a product not a 'currency'. There's a single corp behind it, which has it's advantages and disadvantages.

invest how you fucking want, don't let the jew memes get to you.

Ripple: 55 validators
Bitcoin: ~20 mining pools, 80% of the hashing power in China - a communist nation.

Tell me more about "muh decentralization".

The coin isn't required for the network to work. It's literally useless

>3 replies, not a single rebuttal to the unrefutable fundamentals. The absolute state of biz.

The problem is you aren't buying a share of Ripple. You are buying a token generated by Ripple.

Well I'm here to make money. XRP has outperformed every top crypto this year, so.................

they are not deflationary, in matter of fact, Bitcoin's 21 million cap will be removed.

Do you think I'm kidding? Blockstream and other influential people in the space think this is highly likely:
medium.com/@rusty_lightning/the-three-economic-eras-of-bitcoin-d43bf0cf058a

Mining costs money. The mining reward havles every certain number of blocks, when the mining reward doesn't become enough, fees will skyrocket and Bitcoin will become even less usable.
PoW is such a broken garbage.

F U C K R I P P L E
U
C
K

R
I
P
P
L
E

Op I tried to spread the word when xrp was 23c, the escrow was so obvious as a requirement before big money flows in....
Biz will continue to chase shitcoins with white papers and all talk.
2018 will be the year for real projects delivering and shitcoins being left behind.
Picking a legit coin like xrp was the easiest investment I have ever made, not to mention real coins delivering with actual results will be rewarded 100x more than shitcoins pumpndumps.
4K xrp hodling (got it at 20c)

it's actually more decentralized than bitcoin

.Bitcoin
-One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
-One oppressive country has more than 50% of hashpower (China)
-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)

Ripple
-10s of validators run by reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)
-At least 80% of validators must agree for a ledger to be validated
-double spending not possible
-Anyone can run a validator and make his own list of trused validators
tldr; with bitcoin you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power, with Ripple, you explicitly choose who to trust.

>you're not contributing to the value of Walmart by buying their products

Tell me you're not actually this dense...

good, if you are investing money without the sole purpose of making money you are a street retard (unless you are so rich you just want to mould the world to your vision in which case why go in this shit forum.

Tell me you aren't actually this dumb.

If you buy products are Wal-Mart, you contribute to their bottom-line, which then increases the stock price.

XRP isn't a stock. If Ripple IPOs, their token will be worthless. You are just giving them free money.

(((no replies)))

>street retard

Tell me, putz - what pays your electric bill? Your mortgage? Your car payment?

Is it BTC or dollars?

Kek, what am I thinking... you probably don't even know what the fuck these things are...

lmao

Where is your tinfoil hat?

If you can't beat the jews then join them

hahahahahahahaha

as an XRP investor this is the stupid fucking shit I have ever heard.

ripple and xrp are two different things. if ripple shut down, ripple would be next to fucking worthless very quickly.

if that's decentralized go fuck your stupid self.

- jew mother fucker who knows better

2018 is the year of ripple
bull run starts now

XRP is the merchandise provided by Ripple.
Everything you buy at Walmart is the same.

Are you fucking stupid or what?

>ranked 16th most powerful woman

Also Ripple isn't a crypto currency.

if Ripple shuts down, the network would continue to function smoothly, price will take a hit because investors will think something is wrong.

If most Core devs quit the project today, what do you think will happen to bitcoin's price?

If China pulls a 51% attack, what do you think will happen to bitcoin's price and all proof-of-work coins?

But but but who cares it says decentralized :O

>XRP is the merchandise provided by Ripple.

You think banks are gonna buy XRPs and competition between regular users and big institutions will determine the price. Ripple can make XRP out of thin air and charge neonate the cost of service to the bank.

And good job ignoring my point that you aren't buying shares in a company. You are just buying a token that you hope won't be useless and other people will want to buy at a higher price in the future (greater fool).

yes it is you retard. crypto doesn't mean decentralized. it uses cryptography for the purposes of currency therefor its a crypto currency.

don't be fucking dense.

Ripple 101
----------

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare.

-Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere which requires inflation and/or outrageous fees (as in Bitcoin)

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and setup your own trusted validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., MIT, Microsoft, ..etc), many more keep joining.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

>speaks to an industry that hurrr

I don't give a shit about those industries, crypto currencies make them obsolete. Ripple has no use case.

>I need to transfer money
>bitcoin exists
>I'll use this pointless centralized shit instead

Can you please show the line of code?

Can make thin air, please show line of code or just play this here

no, if ripple shut down the network would be fucked, don't kid yourself. ripple is the only group offering to support the network.

and yes I agree, if any crypto had no more chance of continued development it would be dead.

>China attack

One thing I've noticed about the corecucks - they have no idea what "chain death spiral" is.

To put it simply: If the Chinese government decided to seize and shutdown all BTC mining hardware tomorrow (which they could do in a goddamn heartbeat) bitcoin dies an instant irreparable death. The remaining hashpower can't match the difficulty which would never re-adjust. By the time you got enough new miners online BTC would have fallen so far in the rankings nobody would give a flying fuck anymore.

YAY COMMUNISM!!!

>You think banks are gonna buy XRPs and competition between regular users

Nope. They buy institutionally at a discount, which is explicitly stated at Ripple.com

If banks are implementing ripple-like systems. then it stands to reason that ripple is fucking worthless and should be shares in a company not a fucking ICO.

>bitcoin
>$50 fees, hours of waiting
>most hashpower belings to one entity in china
>not useless

lmao

here's what the owner of bitcoin.org and bitcointalk.org has to say about bitcoin's centralization and mining. you can't be possibly more dedicated to bitcoin than him.

I don't care about their marketing bullshit. I want real fundamentals with a business plan. And also why the fuck would I want to buy XRP instead of their future IPO?

Now say in English was XRP does? What problem does it solve?

>Can you please show the line of code?

They can make XRP 2.0. There is nothing saying they have to keep using XRP forever. You are being a token.

This. Fucking chinese miners have ruined bitcoin

this scenario was outlined by an early bitcoin adopter.

Stop. Calling. Bitcoin. Decentralized - Egor Homakov

faith in all PoW coins would be destroyed forever

No line to show.... quick i need to find another answer, ah yes they can make xrp 2.0.

They already made it called xlm and the dev(mccalb) is dumping billions on the market ;)

>Now say in English was XRP does? What problem does it solve?

saves 60% on remittance costs. next question?

If you support the jew coin you can burn with them. Same for the ad coins. These deserve nothing less than to be utterly shunned. They are the antithesis of the original vision

>with Ripple, you explicitly choose who to trust
You can already do that with actual crypto currencies that aren't just made up tokens distributed entirely to the creators and Ripple Labs and sold to you for literally 100% to you without any obligation or promise to return that value to you.

Please buy mah bags. Ark it is. Please hurry up to my bags.

Yep, and it's totally true. Bitcoin is at the mercy of a communist regime. So many retards on biz are completely clueless of this minor (major) fact.

>distributed entirely to the creators and Ripple Labs

not true
you have to do better than that if you want us to sell below $10.

ripple.com/insights/ripple-escrows-55-billion-xrp-for-supply-predictability/

Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare.

I'm comfy as fuck because a company is working full time to pump my bags.

Let's see other coins:

Ether: Vitalik is threatening to leave because of memes
Litecoin: Charlie dumped on the noobs and said he will soon.
Bitcoin: Core devs refused to increase the blocksize even temporarily, and as a result, fees skyrocketed, the price crashed, more merchants are dropping and no one is using it for payments anymore

incentives matter.

How about you stop being so dense. Cryptography is what secures the network and makes it trustless. There's no point to Ripple when everything can run on a network in which trust is in the mathematics and not the people.

Bagholding was never easier than with XRP

Sorry I should have said crypto currencies.

BCH solved this.

how dense are you? the data is signed cryptographically, the nodes have cryptographic identity (public key).

you explicitly choose who to trust, which is more anarchist than trusting whoever purchased the most hashing power (that's a chinese company called bitmain).

Quality thread user. Too bad I didn't diversify like I said I would, maybe later when a correction hits or the market crashes, as it will eventually.

I have nothing against BCH. I have nothing against ANY improvement on technology.

>creators took 20%
>Ripple Labs took 80%
>you gave them bitcoin for these tokens

and the threshold for validating the ledger is 80%. It's impossible to get all these entities around the world to listen to you while Jihan (owner of Bitmain) can simply be ordered by the chinse government, then you can say good bye to the 250 billion cap.

Wahahahah you actually know that 80% of XRP is traded against FIAT??? why you brainlets always lying

lying again, one/two founders donated the share.

Ripple Labs owns only 55 billion, can only be unlocked in 5 years, one at a month. They are working full time to pump my bags.

With other coins, founders and few early adopters/miners hodl most of the coins and refuse to sell, they cripple the market by keeping the liquidity low and companies fear they will get dumped on at any time.

Ripple sells to institutional buyers who can't dump on the market by legal and technical constrains.

>and refuse to sell

or they dump on noobs like Charlie then announce they will leave soon, or dump some of the coins and threaten to leave like vitalik because of mean memes

would they do that if their coins were locked for 5 years?

> noobs like Charlie

ok.

he did dump and said he has to leave the project

great exit scam

bump

are you seriously bumping a fucking dickchan thread..riddle me this r tard, why did he announce he was selling his ltc?

not saying he isn't fucking stupid, but why would he announce it? not an exit scam. might be a scan, but you are too stupid to fathom it (and so am I, cause I can't explain his retarded behavior, unless he's been slowly selling out for months).

OMG stupid pajeet shilling for scamcoin??

XRP is dead, own by the banks and big corps

RIPPLE IS CRIPPLED, sold all of it ath

>HURR DURR I CAN'T REFUTE A SINGLE FUCKING POINT MADE BUT RIPPLE IS CRIPPLE

RIPPLE IS SO CRIPPLE

XRP ended 2017 so badly, OMG embrassed for the bag holders

>copy/pastes bitcoin
>replaces "bitcoin" with "litecoin"
>"I created this because asic is evil. freedom from asic now!!!! buy it"
>bitmain and others creates asic miners for litecoin anyway
>bitmain gifts him asic miners
>he doesn't change asic
>coinbase hires him
>first thing he does is adding litecoin even thought other superior coins weren't added
>litecoin surges like a motherfucker
>he quits his job at coinbase
>later
>litecoin reaches ATH
>"that's it guys I'm cashing out"
>"and oh by the way, I'm leaving the project too"
>"thanks for all the money suckers"
>not an exit scam

>XRP up damn near %30,000 percent on the year
>badly

Are you legitimately brain damaged or what?

*he doesn't pow algorithm
*though

*he doesn't change pow algorithm
*though

2018 will be the year when Bitcoin will be dethroned.

Shots fired

Have fun holding those Bitcoin bags idiot.

I'm 96% in on XRP but I have a gripe. This minimum balance is fucking retarded. I have 25 XRP tied up in gatehub with no way to get it out. I have 4k XRP tied up in Bitfinex, but if I want to trade some for XLM on another exchange like Poloniex, I'd have to either
a) XRP to BTC, transfer and pay the chinks, then BTC to XLM
b) XRP to new XRP account, pay 20 min balance, then get XRP to XLM.

tl;dr Ripples minimum balance is fucking retarded.

It's not the normies. Normies want Ripple.
What ruined Veeky Forums are /pol/tards.

XRP was few cents when this limit was chosen. It's meant to reduce spam. Imagine someone creating trillions of addresses with 0.000.....1 ripple to inflate the ledger

--
ripple.com/build/reserves/

The XRP Ledger applies reserve requirements, in XRP, to protect the shared global ledger from growing excessively large as the result of spam or malicious usage. The goal is to constrain the growth of the ledger to match improvements in technology so that a current commodity-level machine can always fit the current ledger in RAM and the full ledger history on disk.

To submit transactions, an address must hold a minimum amount of XRP in the shared global ledger. You cannot send this XRP to other addresses. To fund a new address, you must send enough XRP to meet the reserve requirement.

The current minimum reserve requirement is 20 XRP. (This is the cost of an address that owns no other objects in the ledger.)

China's ruling party can literally seize control of all of Bitcoin whenever they choose.

protip: you should be muh marketcapping BTC and LTC

you'd notice they have been gaining market while losing value. Not going to spoon feed you on what this means.

user, there are people who can see, people who can be shown, and people who cannot see even when shown.
As soon as I was shown ripple, it was a very easy decision.
I'm in with you since $0.2
Here's to the moon in 2018!

or worse, pull a 51% attack and turn all exchanges and bitcoin bushiness insolvent.

the 250 billion cap would evaporate, even if core developers hardfork and restore the old chain.

Stop. Calling. Bitcoin. Decentralized. – Egor Homakov

>What ruined Veeky Forums are /pol/tards.
>look at me and my special zuper sekret board
Fuck off autism

Like I said, fucking stupid.

Is it possible that Ripple will revise the minimum balance now that it's no longer $0.25 a token?

web.archive.org/web/20100708230258/http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/
Jokes on them. It just amplifies the mind-control waves!

>you'd notice they have been gaining market while losing value. Not going to spoon feed you on what this means.

many of the retards here think they are smart and they can't see it, the normies they hate can see it, and that's why they are running to Ripple.

*businesses

of course they would

>of course they would
Potential timescale?

isnt this just not mineable, centralized, 100 billion supply shitcoin with the hidden agenda as a tool for the kikes of ws to steal btc?

good luck buying a house with bitcoin

they will probably bundle it with other changes in the next release (don't know when).

There's a constant in the code defining the maximum number of tokens as 100 billion.

The amendment process for adding code patches requires that 80%+ of the network validators vote to include any given patch. If they wanted to increase the supply, they'd have to convince everyone running the validators (banks/FIs/corps/universities) to vote for it.

One of the main selling points of XRP is the limited supply.

You're probably just interested in spreading FUD, so I don't expect to convince you. Either way, there are the facts.

They've commented on this. The minimum will very likely be amended in the future as the price goes up. I imagine once it crosses a certain value threshold and stabilizes. Not difficult to fix, but you might have to hang on to those for a while... not that you shouldn't be holding anyway...

/pol/tard detected.

1- XRP's price would collapse immediately
2- Their main source of revenue would be gone.
3- Their reputation, the most important thing you need in this business, would be irrevocably destroyed. No one, not users nor banks would trust you them again
4- they would be sued into oblivion by the institutional buyers who bought directly from them under the fixed supply assumption
ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/-
5- they would need to convince ALL exchange and validators which are very reputable(like MIT, Microsoft, ..etc) to go along with the scam.