How would you do a campaign based on Death Stranding?

How would you do a campaign based on Death Stranding?

I'd run it like how one would a Night Land campaign. Which would include fates worse than death should make even a single fuckup.

I'd wait until we knew a single fucking thing about the game before asking the question. Seriously, the only thing you can possibly do in this thread is wildly speculate, and wildly speculating about upcoming games belongs on /v/.

>I'd wait until we knew a single fucking thing about the game
Hey, hey. Be fair.

We know there's a baby.

Then play human occupied landfill.

Has there been plot details revealed? I thought Kojima stayed tight lipped about that shit.

Rain rapidly ages you

Maybe that's why they have babies? They are their own clones with something akin to neural uplink, that will keep their brains up to date, so when one iteration succumb to rain, your clone will replace you.

Probably not. They hand the baby off like a piece of equipment in the trailer. It seems to power the arm thing on their backs when it's plugged into the suit.

It's impossible to know anything about it really because Kojima has a history it seems of intentionally releasing or 'leaking' false information to make people spin completely wrong theories about the final game.

Including putting deliberately symbolic looking things in trailers that mean nothing just to get people arguing online and forming theories about meaningless bullshit.

Of course it's impossible to know what details are and are not red herrings.

Babies are youth batteries to let you bop around in the rain with your suit.

The Baby and the arm-thing also seem to work in tandem to detect Evil. Since its only after getting the baby that Sam's Arm-Unit activates and he's able to see the monster that was attacking them.

this one of those settings were women are extinct, right?

humanity messed up with the natural order of life&death so those big guys came to slap our shit, now women are no more and we have to rely on cloning to keep the species going

Maybe it is possible to transfer rapid aging effect onto proxy organism - baby, thats why suits stop working correctly, when baby is detached. Whole point of suit and clever light is working as protection and without it main utility - baby, they simply stop working.

>implying Kojima even has a plot finished

It'll just be a bunch of half baked ideas stolen from whatever American show he's been watching incoherently smashed together and you know it

Kojima reportedly told Del Toro it’s supposed to be the Apocalypse, the end of all things. This gave him free reign to go wild.

More specifically, there was a lot of talk about “the next state of evolution” and how you’re not “playing as Norman Reedus, you *are* him.” This paired with the main character’s name being Ludens (a reference to Homo Ludens, the suggested next stage of Human evolution that brought civilization) means you’re playing in a Creation narrative. Why else does water age everyone but Norman? Because God or whoever is wiping the slate clean with a new man.

So like every single Kojima game ever?

lel, this guy knows whats up, I love jap developers but their creative process is transparent

It's going to be a clusterfuck, but it may have enough sparks of genius to work.

>Tfw so religiously indoctrinated my first thought is "except gods covenant with Moses precludes drowning the world again"

Things we know
>Reedus is with corpse disposal
>DC and the eastern seaboard got nuked at some point or something, there's a huge hole there
>barrier between dimensions is thin

My guess is those giant floating things are the arch angels and we're looking at evangelion without the teenage sluts

Continuing off the end of days thing:
>The world has ended
>The faithful have been raptured
>All births cease
>All that's left is for those left behind to face judgement
>Rather than face damnation in literal hell, humans continue to survive in defiance of God via cloning, hiding from the angels of death that stalk the earth
>Capture means damnation
>Respawning into cloned babies is possible

Survival horror where the enemy is the heavenly host.

I *HIGHLY* doubt that the entities are "Angels" or anything even vaguely resembling them. We see that when Sam starts bleeding from his leg as one of the entities starts to move upon him, his blood actually harms the thing (shown when the creature touches it and it starts sizzling, despite its invisibility). They also seem to have a dislike for Life in general, as the "Timefall" (seemingly produced by them) causes the cycle of life to speed up unnaturally, ending with whatever living being that got caught in it withering into eventual nothingness. It's far more likely that these things are some manner of evil spirit or cosmic demons.

Hype up a game to a group for years, find a lot of art and music to inspire them, but always fail to organize a meeting.

i'd tell my players cryptic nonsense before we and then be lauded as a genius for it

>speculating about a theoretical campaign that this theoretical DM would theoretically run based of a game that we can only theorize about what it's actually about because it's not even out yet and we've jack shit besides cinematic trailers and semi-vague interviews

good idea

>all these nintenyearolds
Wonder what system they play, probably Pathfinder