/aosg/ - Age of Sigmar General

162 attacks edition

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/

Previous Thread: Teaser Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=PlQqri1FuRQ
Teaser Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=YYalTMkOGQU
Daughters of Khaine Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=hIR2Y3zWnEA

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/RcYLw0az (embed)

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know, I got excited for a moment, than I remembered that DoT is still a thing. God dam does Tzneetch still need a fucking nerf.

First for the Kroak!

Soon

are tomb kings even going to be in the new death book?

I am doubtful, personally.

mostly cause GW nuked them out of fluff existence and it would take to much work to find an explanation for them being in the new setting.

>mostly cause GW nuked them out of fluff existence and it would take to much work to find an explanation for them being in the new setting.
>Nagash decide to summon one of the greatest undead
>cannot remember who it was
>starts ritual
>SETTRARULES!

Of course not, they're a Compendium army. At the very least, due to this, they're going to be immune to the regeneration nerf. So if the new Allegiances aren't worth it, expect to see vanilla Deathsoup running TK skeleton warriors instead of the 'modern' ones.

>tfw its actually more likely that Settra ends up in Order if he comes back at all

>AOS god of fire is a dwarf

so dumb

is literally supposed to be an aelf

all the gods of the last cycle were elves... its lame that there are not-elves as gods in AOS

It's lame that there are elves In AoS

Hey guys, Autistic Dispossessed user here with an update.

>Go to University disability counselor for weekly check up.
>Bring my Dispossessed to show her my new round textured bases.
>She loves them like always.
>Calls in office assistant who is an Art Major.
>In walks qt 3.14 with cute knitted beanie.
>She is impressed and asks me all about painting and brushes.
>Bumble and stumble on words, "Uh, I u-use acrylic paint... Citadel paint".
>My ears are redder than a Khorne berserker's armor.
>She invites me to her university church and gives me her phone number.
>120bpm.jpg
>Being given qt 3.14 number activates turbo autismo mode.
>Accept phone number with head downcast focused on my models.
>Trying to shade my eyes from her radiant beauty.
>She leaves to go back to the front desk.
>I am left in a state of arousal and confusion as to how I got a girl's number.
Did little painted army men really just get me a girl's number?

dude you need to get some friends. This place is not your blog.

>all the gods of the last cycle were elves...
This isn't even true, like, at all. WTF

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gods
READ

I'm still fucking miffed that they cheated Grimgor and Gelt out of their roles for fucking Gorkamorka and Grungni. I mean, sure, they did die, but so what? If we go by that, Teclis should be the Incarnate of Fire, Beasts, Metal and Light all at once.

I really hope they do a reveal where it turns out Gorkamorka is actually Grimgor's body and head.

Lexicanum needs your help with getting Age of Sigmar up-to-date with everything. Join and help us!

Make it aos.lexicanum.com, not whfb.lexicanum.com

Would do so if I could, unfortunately I can't. Same thing with Blood Bowl.

What are some armies where you can just take whatever units you want an still be kinds competitive? I see a lot of these comp lists for Tzeentch and Stormcast and shit and they just don't look fun.

You can be kind of competitive without running the most competitive tourney lists you realize.

Why does playing the turbo-NPC GA feel so fun? Why would you play anything that isn't Destruction? Literally the best GA

Somewhat true, but mostly bullshit. There's basically four tiers of armies at the moment, and I don't see that ever really changing. Maybe it'll slim down to three in time and with more support, but there will always be obvious tiers between armies. And if you just are playing a Greenskinz list because you like the aesthetic and don't want to cheese, you're pretty much going to have to resign yourself for existing only to give other people wins.

>Bottom tier
Just completely non-competitive regardless of what you run. Greenskinz, for instance.
>Mid tier
Can be competitive but only have one list that can stand up against real competition. Also, armies which can do one thing really well, but get countered pretty easy. Bonesplitterz and Kunnin' Rukk, for instance, or Slaanesh StD cavalry.
>Top tier
Have one or two lists that're incredibly strong, and their other options are decent. Unless played by a monkey, never in danger against bottom-tier lists. Kangz for instance.
>God tier
Can do more or less whatever they want aside from having strokes while making their armies. Multiple avenues of competitive lists to choose from, and it requires actively hindering yourself to not beat anything that mid-tier and below. Arcanists, for instance.

Pretty much anything with a battletome, really.

>playing non-swarm Fyreslayers or non-Kunnin Rukk Bonesplitterz
I don't think so, famalam. You can get away with it with Ironjawz or Tzeentch, but not ever Battletome is so lucky.

So what Tome armies would you consider on each tier?

Anything with good shooting is top tier probably

Don't have experience with all of 'em, but I guess I can just shitpost personal experience and extrapolation.
>Bottom tier
I don't think any of them really are this awful. Maybe BCR with all the nerfs.
>Mid tier
Bonesplitterz, Nurgle, Pestilens, Fyreslayers, FEC
>Top tier
Stormcast, Sylvaneth, KO, Khorne, Ironjawz
>God tier
Seraphon, Tzeentch
>Why do I exist tier
Everchosen, Chaos Dreadhold

How about Dispossessed

Jesus Christ are BCR players the most spoiled shits ever.
Oh noes I don't have an auto win army no mores!!1! Holy fuck stop bitching or change armies

Without allies to offset the lack of mobility? Bottom tier. An army with absolutely no mobility aside from the pick, and whose gimmick is just stalling out your opponent's inevitably victory. As Dwarf-focused Order soup using other armies to make up for their vulnerabilities, probably Mid tier.

Has anyone every tried a Dispossessed/Ironweld/Fyreslayers/KO mishmash? Sounds fun desu

girl
I have some bad news for you friend

Generally it just comes down to Dispossessed being utterly useless and pointless in those lists as they just get outmatched in everything by their newer, better cousins.

Christ, imagine being this pathetic. user, you should really just hang yourself tonight.

Was looking at the compendium points to see what my legacy dwarfs were considered equal to. Lol when Warden King on Throne of Power is the same points as a Lord Celestant on Dracoth. RIP

Do Dispossessed have anything good? Irondrakes and Ironbreakers? Maybe?

>Mfw Hashut still lives

Where do you think Chaos Dwarfs fit? Going pure, not allying in generic chaos shit.

I've never actually seen a single Chaos Dwarf army, and I've never heard people talking about their actual utility on the table. I haven't got a fucking clue.

They have a really snug fit in the legacy trash bin.

Heavily doubt that since they're FW and aren't getting squatted any time soon. And are on the AoS app and Warscroll builder.

does /aosg/ approve of the new snake aelves?
also I couldnt get the best look at them in the video, but do all of them have masks?
are they on a fitting scale to change their heads with witchaelf or spite revenant ones?

The ones with spears seem to have masks, the ones with bows don't. Other than the snek body they seem to have regular witch elf proportions.

So two seperate units. Spears are likely medusae that can mortal wound in close combat

...you just completely misunderstood what he posted, didn't you? He isn't saying they're squatted but rather that they're just mostly-unsupported trash. They have no Allegiance abilities, most of their rules are decided decentish, and otherwise no better than Dispossessed.

And Bretonnians and Dwarfs are on the Warscroll builder, don't let that shit make you think either of those two have futures.

thats good to know, thank you kind user
also does anyone have that cute dice high snake girl for future funposting?

>theres other gods that arent elf

no, those are fake gods.

the elf gods are the real ones.

They were mortals that became gods in the last incarnation of the great cycle, and they all died and were replaced by the new gods of the next incarnation

Typical elf lies

What about Sigmar? Was he a god before The End Times?

Lmao the gods in AoS are whatever.

There's plenty of minor gods like kurnoth, godbeasts, khaine, hashut etc.

Yep, but less active and not so . . . incarnate

Postin the start of my Eshin. Working on the Deciever. What is /AoSg/ working on?

>khaine
>Minor
#wewillnolongerbedenied

Grotgor dude here. Got the last rider mostly done, he just needs his bird and flesh painted.

Also spent some time tonight working on a test model for a witch elf. Red cloth, dark leathers and almost black hair. I'm thinking maybe a white/bone mask and bright silver metals. I'm fairly pleased with the skin tone, I usually paint very Caucasian flesh.

>mexican witch aelves

#metoo

Well, yeah. They've been denied for so long.

>give me citizenship president sigmar
>youve been denying me my gibs for too long

Why doesn’t Death get more Constructs?

Man I miss the days of GHB16. The current edition is fine and dandy but I will be EFFIN damned if i didn't have a good laugh whenever that one mob of 30 ardboyz legged 30'' in turn one.

Big Morathi tits right in my face

It's a shame because the two sorta big non-named character kits that death aren't my cup of tea. I wish they could have atleast kept the Necrosphynx in print.

Gibzmedat sacrafishal blud

Since Nagash ate the big Dwarf goddess of home, healing and culture, does he gain any beer powers?

nah but he gets a pair of nice big ol' dwaf tittys

the fact that Nagash didnt get more powerful afterwards proves that the dwarf god was fake.

>Eshin
I'll pray for you tonight, user

GW drops the ball on a lot of things.

A new entry!

Didn't he immediately level Khemri with the ground after he had her for a snack?

Because the fact that did have constructs got squatted.

I've been waiting for the new Death book to get into AoS and want to make an army of mostly Graveguard. From the preview they seem pretty cool and get lots of attacks as well as being battleline(troops?).
What do people think of the new options for Death and Deathrattle specifically?

>Mfw putting in all this effort when little Timmy and his spray painted Stormcast will most likely win the painting contest for the army muster

We need more information to decide if grave guard are finally better than regular skelly horde. GG have the advantage of cramming more attacks onto a smaller enemy unit (as in volume of model, not points) and are more durable, but regular skellies can get more total attacks and have (barring a major points adjustment) are cheaper than GG.

Their new warscroll got leaked with some of the other updated Death a few days ago by the Aussies. So use that to plan instead of their current one.
I'd like to know more about Arkhan's faction's rules, but I'm optimistic about the update.

you're being limited by the models, honest. They just arent eye catching in the sense of not having much opportunity to show off your skills. And you are pretty good painting those.

That's fair. Guess I'll wait for the book to be actually out first. Graveguard models look so sweet though, I just love them.

>ate kangs death god
>ate dorf god
>still cannot construct

>warden king has better melee, better command ability, better save (rerolling all saves 4+ is better than 3+) and costs the same in exchange for no ranged attack and slower

I Don't believe a word of that but keep us updated anyway, it's pretty funny

>Legions of Nagash: The Grand Host of Nagash and New Summoning

so you can shut down the whole army by sniping the characters? Good thing you can shoot while in melee at anything you want. If AoS was like 40k 8th I might actually be worried about losing to death armies.

Aw shucks, thanks!

Not quite. The gravesites they can set up also heal Death Models. And Nagash can be protected.

But yeah 40k protection rules need to be introduced.

Well, snipe the heroes. Then they have Gravesites to fall back on which are apparently limited by range and also have the weak-sauce Deathly Invocation.

Honestly, it'll take a couple games to get a feel of it, but it definitely seems weaker. For one, the various Deathly Invocations trigger seperately, but can stack. This is fine and all for 1 wound models, but it still leaves shit like Black Knights as straight-up fucked. Say you have a black knights that's been dropped from 10 to 5, and one of those is at 1 wound. The first Deathly Invocation from Hero A only heals that 1 wound, regardless of what you roll. The second Deathly Invocation from Hero B rolls a 1 and thus doesn't do anything as the Black Knights must be brought back at their full wound value. The third Deathly Invocation from Hero C or a gravesite rolls a 3, and still only brings back 1 Black Knight.

Instead of currently, where you just get back 1d3 knights. So instead of requiring no additional support and getting back 1-3 knights, you could easily have THREE HEROES specifically choose that unit as one of their limited selections and only get back 1. In fact, using the above example of already having a wounded Black Knight, you range from a maximum of 2 to a minimum of not getting back any at all.

Graves are an interesting idea, and I appreciate it for that. But this update just feels like a sloppy pile of shit. I will laugh my ass off when they use it as an excuse to sell a new Gravesite Kit for Death players that requires you picking up four of them in the same pattern as Gnarlmaws and Wildwoods.

>gravesites
Good thing I still have sprues of tombstones from Mantic.

remember a couple days ago?

>the nerfed scrolls leaked
>internet explodes
>manlet goes autistic rage mode on a GW rules person at that big recent event
>GW rules person says the leaks were fake
>leaks werent fake

honest to god I just feel pitty for death fans anymore. I thought that as an elf fan I had it rough but you guys get the crown from now on.

>I will laugh my ass off when
oh yeah buddy... it is happening. Making buying 4+ identical pieces of scenery to even use your army is now the new normal.

I would like GW to implement that idea from some user in past threads with deathmages ruling puppets/scarecrows and other sort of homunculus... But its GW at the end

>elf fan having it rough
I will never understand how elf players always think they are being abused by GW despite always having the best rules and updates

makes you think right?

based

>despite always having the best rules and updates

buddy /40kg is that way fantasy elves got nothing but shit on and ignored for 3 strait years. But hey we finally are getting a codex for Cult of Khaine so thats cool.

Honestly, I just want to see the book before I confirm the faction aside from Tomb Kings and FEC are irrelevant. The idea of Gravesites is neat, but at this point, I always have faith in GW fucking shit up. And I'm not really seeing anything here to make me think they won't. Especially the Artifacts and Command traits. Wow, the Wight King's command trait as an AoE. Super original and innovative.

Though the idea of 162 attacks out of a unit of 20 Grave Guard does at least make me laugh.

>tfw the Year of Death's only new models are a Herald and terrain
I can believe it, but I still don't have to like it.

>fantasy elves got nothing but shit on and ignored for 3 strait years

>3 years
>After like 4 straight editions of domination

Just admit you chose the wrong army when this fancy "Age of Sigmar" thing caught your eye, user.

I'm just getting into AoS with only 40k experience but I have the models to make 1000pnts of soulblight and 1000 of skaven. How fucked am I?

Soulblight. Maybe you can have a battletome in the near future

>4 straight editions of domination

no one cares about your ass blasting that happened 10+ years ago in a different game system

What about Slaves to Darkness?

If a TK-style construct type army come back, they'll work for Order.

Vamp lord on dragon
Two varghests units for base
A unit of hex wraiths as ally
And 80 points to summon 10 skellies

That's the list I've got for them
Probably the feel no pain bloodline
Not sure of command trait or artefact

Never played as or against them, but if I remember right they are considered pretty bad.