mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathanon's MathHammerburger Helper:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPFIudX2UIc&t=9s&ab_channel=JozoPetrovic
strawpoll.me/15094372
strawpoll.me/15094645
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So Necrons VS Salamanders/Beep Boop/Chaos?

>Tfw the supersoldier who is indoctrinated to not feel fear and will probably survive the battle and live for a few hundred more years because they're wearing a tank starts talking about bravery and honor.
reposting because true

What's the most cost-effective way to peel bananas? Electropriests? Spiritseers?

Source for this 'leak' is Jason Bulmahn on twitter.

Second image.

Any spookybots tell me if its a new sculpt or is it repackaged shit?

Sallies, possibly Admech? No chaos

So, what's the consensus on the two Inceptor variants? Plasma or bolter? Plasma seems like a surefire way to have them commit suicide, but the low strength and lack of AP of the bolters makes me think that they'd just die of enemy fire instead.

I can't deepstrike a captain with jumppack next to them because I'm planning to play them in Deathwatch.

I don't want to replace them with another squad of Deathwatch Bikers either, since I already have two of those.

Looks like the old model just bent a bit

Old sculpt, still a great model tho

If only GW had an online store...

Necrons and Blood Angels vs Tyranids

I use a cultist bomb. 160 shots that hit on 3s, re-roll 1s, and wound on 4s does a pretty fair job.

That’s the current Necron Overlord single package sculpt.

/40kg/, how do you beat primaris/marines as T'au this edition, with this lack of codex?

My friend has been running the same mostly primaris list (with the occasional stormtalon and predator) since the codex came out, and I still can't beat it even post-chapter approved.
They all have better ballistic skill, easier access to better guns, constant rerolling both to hits and to wounds, chapter tactics, and 50 billion stratagems doing everything we can with support systems for free, points/hardpoints wise. A lascannon is basically a railgun, but his repulsor can have 6, with much easier access to buffs.
Just had my most recent game against them a few hours ago, 2k points, decided to try a stormsurge against them for the first time, he got first turn, despite placing the stormsurge at the very back of the map, and leaving no room for deepstrike in my deployment, and giving it the SG and Stim, he got it down to 2 wounds turn 1, meaning it was hitting on 6+s (you deploy anchors at the end of your shooting phase, meaning you can't have them turn 1). He then also focus fired on my pathfinders with his chadmarines, killing nearly all of them, crippling my markerlights turn 1.
It took nearly my entire army shooting at his repulsor to kill it on my turn, and that included a fusion commander, a missile commander with ATS, 2 hammerheads (1 longstrike), and the stormsurge.
What the fuck do you do when they're tougher, more accurate, and have more guns than you? I guess T'au are faster but that really doesn't help you win when you get tabled every game.

Am I genuinely just a scrub, or is there secret tech I'm missing here, like spamming vespid?

>Inb4 tau deserve it for 6th/7th
We said we're sorry already! I only own 1 riptide! *cries in railgun*

A big company gets ahold of the warhammer licence and decides to make a movie. None of the producers, writers, or director know anything about the lore.

What is the worst movie they could make?

EX:
>You have a "Stronk injapendunt womyn" sister of battle teaming up with a cocky Death Korps guardsman from a small farming community on Earth along with a comedy relief ork and a beep boop robo-Necron fighting against a magic using chaos cult trying to summon Khorne.

>The Death Korps guardsman was born on Earth and spent his idyllic chidlhood playing in the large forests near his home (in m41 on Holy Terra) before the black ships took him, gave him his geenseed, and made him join the Imperial Guard.

>The SOB was never respected by the all male (for some reason) IG but she was a powerful psyker so they let her join the Sisters of Battle.

>The necron was built by the admech on mars but stole an storm bird and escaped (Storm birds have warp drives now).

>The Ork speaks high gothic for some reason and provides comedy relief by smashing things.

>They start by fighting Tyranids and then they find out the Tyranids were being controlled by chaos (chaos in general) and eventually discover a magic using chaos cult trying to summon Khorne (The Khorne). They succeed but in a heart warming moment he is killed by a heroic sacrifice by the necron crashing a storm bird into it showing that robots can feel love.

GUN
youtube.com/watch?v=yPFIudX2UIc&t=9s&ab_channel=JozoPetrovic

Wait for your new book to drop

>not having Stronk Womyn Coloured Eldar woman teaming up with other space minorities to combat the Imperium
>muh fascism
>muh allegory for the USA because Trump

You're getting a new book soonish so that should help. With your index list though - its commander spam and drones.

Any. Putting 40k into the mainstream would kill it

Delete
I rly wish it would be Ad Mech.

>verry fast overlord at increbily hihg speed

Don't know if there is any actual AdMech but the knight is flaunted as Admech

the codex may not actually improve anything though, so far it's been the best getting better and the shit like grey knights getting worse

So is it me or does this new box look similar to Shadespire? It looks like a board game but maybe it has similar rules to it and considering that Shadespire has been stupid popular I wouldnt be surprised if this was an attempt to bring a similar system to 40k.

Im curious to see what the Salamander models look like and considering this says "2-5 players" its also possible AdMech is in the box.

I dunno guys, that’s definitely a marine on the cover, and green+flamer+scalehide can only mean one thing...

Maybe it’ll have both? Could be but have they ever done that before?

Then buy a bunch of commanders and drones. You've only got 2 options.

>Skitarii HQ
>Transport
>Flier
Please gw

>beep boop, this is where I 01110000 01100001 01110101 01110011 01100101 make my stand, see you-BZZZZT- on the other side friends beep boop
~Necron Warrior

>and green+flamer+scalehide can only mean one thing...
Pyromaniac Alpha Legionnaires

So are Red Corsairs/Renegade Chapters any good in 8th? Do they even have many models from GW or are most from FW?

A marine free box was too much to hope for.
So there will be a random Primaris Incineratis squad thrown in and made the center of the box art

Necrons and Salamanders vs Necrons and Ad Mech

Bringing the 40k-Infinity conversion feedback questions over to the new thread.

And the TL;DR summary since someone asked.
Strawpolls in one place for convenience:
Question 1: strawpoll.me/15094372
Question 2: strawpoll.me/15094645

>alpha legion infiltrating mars to steal DaOT tech
Pic related

Also, anyone excited about what lore might come out of this? How often is it that GW actually acknowledges the void dragon?

Renegade chapter tactic is pretty good
Only model is Huron

>Holy Terra in m41 has forests

I fucking knew someone would post this

Probs, yeah. Reddit and BoLS has been screaming for melta and flamer marines since apparently aggressors aren’t good enough

The second image literally has a Blood Angel and a Salamander there.

What's still i ndispute?

Looks like Necrons vs BA/Salamanders.

What’s in the box is the question, new flameris primaris is my guess.

POST GAMES
POST DUDES

The easiest way to introduce 40k to the masses would be an Imperial Guard vs Tau scenario.
It would be enough t for the mouth-breathing fucks to understand that human = good and alien = bad. The Guard are normal humans and easy to create a relatable opening to and in a strange universe like 40k's, you need something the audience knows to relate to.
And the Tau fight with fairly conventional modern tactics and can be taken seriously as a threat without needing to know any background on them. Unlike say, Orks, who are big green football hooligans. Or Eldar, who would have to be explained why they are elves in space.
You could trickle in information like the worship of the Emperor and bring up the Space Marines without having to really explain in detail what they are because your current story is human vs aliens.

>The Ork speaks high gothic for some reason and provides comedy relief by smashing things.

Isn't this the plotline of the War of the Beast?

>human = good and alien = bad

Sounds like something that would encourage racism and trumpism.

If you did that then people like plebbit would argue that "TAU DID NUFFIN WRONG" and that the IG = bad.
Though I do understand your point and why it would be a good introduction.

No, fuck off and take your /pol/ bait with you.

Swap for Tyranids
much easier alien is bad

>Human = good Tau =bad

do you have a concept of this universe? there are no good guys. only races that have their own driving forces. how is the tau wanting to expand any different than the humans 15k or so years ago?

It's weird -- elite infantry are usually comparatively "easy" to drop, but Tau specifically have a severe lack of mid strength, good AP, multiple damage weapons that aren't outright anti tank, like overcharged plasma or missile launchers. If Crisis (or anyone other than Pathfinders) could get Rail Rifles, or if Plasma Rifles were D2 (un-overcharged non-Tau plasma being strictly better is a bit of a kick in the nuts), that'd be a lot more palatable.

As of now, well. Wait for Codex, spam fusionmanders and drones in the meantime. That's the price to pay for being OP last couple editions, I guess.

We already made Starship Troopers.

>download Prisma
>choose a pic of your dudes
>select Gagbot
>post results

my fucking sides when i got this one

Pretty much and honestly smart Orks speaking high gothic isnt new, Ghazghkull speaking perfect high gothic has been a thing for years now.

>new flameris primaris

I fucking wish but its probably just MkVII or intercessors, the dude in the box is certainly not primaris.

I just wish GW would release some form of cheap-ish anti tank for them, like a marine in gravis armor with a giant lascannon on one side and a powerfist on the other, like plasma is fine but something with range would be better.

Eh, there's kind of enough movies of human soldiers vs bug monsters

Looks like repackaged Overlord, Lychguard, Immortals and Warriors.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the other side is generic Marines and the player can choose from different chapters. Only one chapter at a time though, I'm assuming that if it was a mixed-chapter kill team the art would be Deathwatch colors.

Dude you are actually retarded context motherfucker this guy is trying to write a script that appeals to the masses of viewers black and white moral is easier for the average person to comprehend and on top of that it would just be context specific ie this one regiment that we get endeared to vs these aliens we do not know much about of course people will root for the humans.

Go back to r/eddit

>last real ork release was 10 years ago

;w;

Hey guys, I have a question about the Farseer power 'Guide' in regards to overwatch.

Dire Avengers overwatch on a 5 or 6 when charged, and since Overwatch is shooting, would Guide allow any Dire Avengers to reroll missed overwatch shots?

Guide doesn't specify a phase, it merely states until the next turn whenever the unit would shoot it us allowed to reroll misses.

I'll be fielding Avengers soon and would just like some clarity on how Guide affects overwatch, if at all.

Thanks!

thats not showing them the universe. how is it impossible to show that both sides have characters they can get attached to? make it a movie about imperial guard vs tau supported by human auxiliaries. this isn't a universe for good guys vs bad guys.

See, I'd say it'd need to have more of a 40k identity to not just get lumped in with similar shit. Guard would have to be the protagonists, but they could be fighting necrons or chaos, something mysterious and ancient, there would have to be a few tech-priests and more weird units in there, but they would be there to be weird, and perhaps (if it were chaos as the big bad) chaos space marines could be introduced in the third act as a final showdown, with imperial marines showing up afterwards to clean up and congratulate/exterminate the protagonists.
There would have to be weird stuff, as it is a weird setting, but it would have to be treated as weird, they couldn't just have a soul grinder show up and treat it like another tank, or just have a psyker casting spells without guardsmen commenting on how disturbed by it they are. Tau would be too conventional as an enemy, they're just lasergun aliens to most. Maybe if it were the first episode in a 40k tv series it could work, to introduce the protagonists, but it wouldn't be interesting enough to introduce audiences to the setting, and this is a taufag saying it.

When allied with Tyranids and Imperial Guard, are Genestealer Cult one of the most OP factions in the game?

Not sure why there's an interaction with Dire Avengers at all, yes Guide allows you to re-roll OW shooting.

Then it will not sell thats the point. Nuance does not translate well to Cinema and people will just shit on it for being overly complex unless the first movies gives people a simple introduction to understand easily.

Not him, but this is a movie. For people other than a fan of the universe. You have like 1.5 hours to tell a story. Even remote decent characterisation while also explaining some context will require that much time. Later movies can show other stuff.

>Playing *THE* NPC race
>Surprised you don't get updates

GW's dev team basically go "Are Orks still utterly irrelevent other than getting boltered/chainsworded to death? Yes? Good, no need to alter the codex, working as intended".

Maybe with Tyranids they are.

This one got me pretty good.

it says "you can re roll failed hit rolls for that units ranged weapons until your next psychic phase" since a phase is not specified and overwatch uses ranged weaponry you can re roll failed overwatch shots in the same way tau can use their first marker light stack to re roll failed hits in overwatch

Thank you you made my point much more eloquently that i did though it is midnight here and i am dying off fever.

when it's the tiniest GSC detachment possible to bring together the two most powerful factions, sure.

true i agree that it would be to hard to portray the fluff in 1.5 hours.

Why are havocs so expensive? Does resin cost more than plastic to produce?

if ANYTHING in the codex were Damage 2 or Damage 3 it would be so much easier, but the sheer volume of D6 and D3 rolling is painful to deal with, as D3 damage missile launchers might as well be "only kills primaris marines 2 in 3 times", making them usually wasted against anything non-tank. And decent AP in general is hard to find in the codex, the ATS can help a bit but you always have to sacrifice a gun for that, and ion weapons pretty much never go below AP-1, so they keep their 3+ save in cover.

I'll 1-up you and be bold in saying
>Flying transport

They are using landing ships built to transport roughly 20 dudes in the Skitariius novels. Those are meant to sell models. Just use the shit you already have written down, GW, please.

Thank you. I wanted to make absolutely sure of it just in case some guy loses all his precious models to my Avengers while I camp objectives with them.

Space Marines confirmed weebs.

GSC aren't that bad though, mass hypnosis and huge genestealer cult ambush bombs are great.

Thanks. I needed to make absolutely sure. Hope your day goes well.

Yes, but you wouldn't think that because GW charges more for plastic these days.

it knows

just a thought but i feel their are a bunch more units that could benifit from guide other than dire avengers...unless you had a left over guide.

fire prisms/dark reapers/ a 20 man guardian squad/shinning spears/ night wing/phoenix/ wave serpents with heavy weapons.

>the absolute state of Sisters

I meam if your goal is to show humans are good and aliens are bad there's a lot better choices than IG vs T'au. Like Salamanders versus Dark Eldar or something.

anyone else have problems with homeschooled players? I've only had 3 "that guys" at my store and all of them were homeschooled.
>Always get pissy and concede when they lose a couple of models due to shooting
>Always act surprised and angry if someone disagrees with them
>Stand around and talk about how much they hate the game even though they spend all of their money on it
The fuck...

>guys that look like they're in blackface with red eyes against bondage elfs
>better than IG protags
Yeah, nah, brah. Nah.

Are we likely to run into mono-Custodes lists at any level of tournaments or are they likely just going to be extra flavoring in Imperial Soup.

When they're not allowed to socialize normally growing up, they end up socially stunted and unable to adapt to proper etiquette as adults.

Are 'gravis' armor legs any bulkier than the normal ones? Thought they might be suitable for terminator conversions.

What the hell, just looked it up, and Devastators only cost a dollar more despite having way more shit.
Fuck GW

Still putting that lightroom to good use my man!

Love that literally everything is painted.

People who go to stores to play regularly: How often do you see Custodes? I want to play them but I have a bit of a hipster snowflake complex.

savage

Blood Knights say hi.

I worked for GW for 9 years and home-school kids were the absolute worst I ever dealt with.

No games yet, but here are my dudes.

Damn

As someone who dropped 40k in 5th edition and picked it back up in 8th, that last major ork release feels like 3 years ago

On the plus side, I'm content with all of their models (besides the buggy) because of this

>imperial guard vs Tau is the best way to show human good vs alien evil
>not humans vs orks
>not humans vs Genestealer cultists
>not humans vs Dark eldar
You might actually be retarded

Show us your dudes unfiltered pls user

Oh yeah, definitely. I merely was thinking that if it ever came down to the wire. I mostly guide + doubletap woth the fire prism.

mono-custards aren't really tournament level, even with their FW stuff. They're model count is just too small for competitive play.