Strength - Dexterity - Constitution - Intelligence - Wisdom - Charisma

Strength - Dexterity - Constitution - Intelligence - Wisdom - Charisma

You're tasked with renaming the classic line-up of abilities. They'll function the same as they did before, but you're asked to make them intentionally more vague, avoiding terminology that is too specific and measurable.

The goal is to avoid arguments about the exact difference between intelligence and wisdom, the nature of charisma and the sometimes counter-intuitive way strength and dexterity apply to accuracy.

For instance:
Red - Blue - Green - Orange - Purple - Yellow

>But user, what does Red have to do with weapon damage?
Fuck you, that's what.

Motivate your decision.

Power, Agility, Tenacity, Erudition, Insight, Presence

Girth - Length - Stamina - Curve

Hitting Moving Hurting Knowing Thinking Fucking

Passion - Wit - Willpower - Reason - Insight - Presence

Presence - Body - Mind - Soul

[spoilers]I know this thread is going to devolve into [autistic screeching] in no time, but for what it's worth I've enjoyed the first few issues of Rat Queens. It's nice to have a fantasy setting played straight with a lot of crude sex and drug humor, like many of the games I've played.[/spoilers]

Might
Agility
Endurance
Intellect
Wit
Charm

>muh female representation
It's shit.

Grit, Knack,Vim, Knowhow, Savvy, and Pulchritude.

Everything you need for high falootin danger of any fantastical variety.

Rat Queens is shit and you should feel shit user.

It's not a fantasy setting played straight, it's just crude humour in a bland fantasy setting.

>>It's not a fantasy setting played straight, it's just crude humour in a bland fantasy setting.

As opposed to no humor in a bland fantasy setting.

Brawn, Swiftness, Toughness, Smarts, Sixt-sense, Bearing

>Calligraphy
>Horse Power
>Tonality
>Serenity
>Shape
>Composure

Rigidity
Fluidity
Tenacity
Profundity
Acuity
Jocundity

>Mention nothing about the sexes
>First complaint is about the sexes
Can I calls them, or can I calls them

It ain't high art, but I at least find it enjoyable

You use Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma. How could anyone have a problem with this system?

The only one I have a problem with is constitution. I hate that people consider HP to be how much their character can facetank a greataxe, instead of their character's ability to fight. I'd probably rename constiturion to "fate" to better represent your characters ability to avoid death rather than raw meat points.

>and endure fatigueing 'work' like route marching etc. and resists poisons and shit. and endure ressurection.

seriously, you're not one of those faggots who handwaves travelling, right?

Being physically tough still helps to stay in a fight longer, even if most of it is abstract HP. Besides, Con is also the score used for figuring diseases and poisons against people, so it works out to be a pseudo-healthiness stat separated from physical strength.

If you just use HP as meat points like I do, then con is just a healthy little bonus over top of your very supernatural durability.

Renaming Con to something like "Fate" sort of kind of works for poison and disease or similar Con saves, since you're basically avoiding the worst effects that could be put on you, but it also signifies a strange separation of mechanics and game world. Why don't you use Fate to influence all your saves or rolls? Why just defensive ones, and why just for health instead of AC or others? Why doesn't fate influence spellcasting? etc.

Nah, yah git! Youse kolors iz all backwardz! He'rez how it goez!

Green('da best) - Red(goez fasta) - Black (dead 'ard) - Purple (sneaky) - Blue (Lucky) - Yellow (Flash)

>Wolf
>Fox
>Bear
>Raven
>Owl
>Parrot

>>First complaint is about the sexes

I've never had any complaints about my sexes.

I'd so play an Ork rpg with fluffy mechanichs like that.

Loyalty - Laughter - Honesty - Magic - Kindness - Generosity

One of these things is not like the other - you fail at aesthetic coherency.

Parrot to be replaced by a form of songbird - Songbird itself is too clumsy an appellation. Parrot will be replaced by Wren.

If you're going D&D, it'd be:
>Bull
>Cat
>Bear
>Fox
>Owl
>Eagle

You don't have to mention it, the agenda is writ large on the stuff of the product itself.

Smackin' - Jackin' - Snackin' - Hackin' - Quackin' -
Mackin'

Soldier
Thief
Brute
Scholar
Priest
Conman

No one has classes, special abilities are gated off certain job score thresholds. 3d6 in order.

>Strength
Potency
>Dexterity
Vim
>Constitution
Fitness
>Intelligence
Erudition
>Wisdom
Insight
>Charisma
Moxie

Vigor
Finesse
Habitus
Luminosity
Astuteness
Pizzazz

>Str
1 rep max
>Dex
Toe touch ability
>Con
Only faggots get the sniffles
>Int
Words per minute reading
>Wis
How boring are your stories?
>Cha
Number of sexual partners

Brawn
Nerves
Tough
Moxie
Vibe
Chuztpah

Pee
Poo
Phlegm
Blood
Black bile
Yellow bile

>Pizzazz
Words with more than 2 Zs are bullshit on principle.

I'd like to flavour it for the sytem, for somehting like paranoia I'd go:
Grunt, Moves . Gut, Smarts, Savvy, Moxie

For Fantasy I'd like to be more of a pretentious asshole
Brutishness
Litheness
Stoicism
Lore
Mysticism
Valor

I know, but i couldn't come up with a good one either.
Peacock wouldn't really fit, either.
Thrush, maybe, or nightingale?

Top kek

Physical (STR/DEX/CON), Mental (INT/WIS), and Social (CHA).

>shit queens
Oh boy OP, you fucked up.

Choppin that meat?

This thread has derailed surprisingly little.

That's because the 3aboos are busy derailing other threads.

>I've enjoyed the first few issues of Rat Queens.
No.
Especially if looking at just the first few issues, they are essentially the same kind of unlikable character and there is not any attempt at differentiate the until somewhere around issue 10 and even the it is minimal. don't know if it gets any better later, but by that time I couldn't stomach it anymore.

Arms
Hands
Chest
Brow
Nose
Wink

Woop
Whip
Thicc
Books
Animal
Honey-jive

I would use Eagle or Crane

WIZARD coming to your door.
Willpower
Insight
Zone
Affinity
Robustness
Dexterity

I ain't gonna explain shit.

Muscles
Nerves
Guts
Brains
Wits
Charms

Might
Grace
Vigor
Insight
Spirit
Heart

Explain Spirit as being more of Attunement to people and surroundings, while also being your willpower (because fuck D&D stats). Heart is just more simple to understand than charisma.

Might, Grace, Vigor? They're abstractions. If you have more might, you are more likely hit an opponent, because it's equally as important to hit the right spot as it is to hit hard enough to actually do anything.

Solution? Abstract the shit out of it.

Piety, Wits, Power, Spirit, Cunning, Intuiton.

To demonstrate how effectively vague and non-specific they are, I have put them out of order making it impossible to tell which applies to what.

Gusto, hands, guts, brain, mind, moxie

Yes, it is retarded. It is also very fun to play and I cannot get enough of my french players talking about pulchritude and other terms that they aren't used to. Also my longuest campaign to date so I guess that there's at least some merit to originality

>wiki rat queens
>grrrl power and trannies
It hurts to live

Fucking rat queens had what, 4 initial issues before the artist got punchy, arrested and the series went to shit.

Brains
Brawn
Looks
Wildcard
Useless Chick

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA

Luck
Skill
Concentrated Power of Will
Pleasure
Pain
Reason to Remember the Name

>Strength
Force. Basically your ability to inflict hurt without directly relating it to damage. Basically how much "force" you can put behind your blow. So you can play an 18 STR anime skinny boi without any muscle definition who's just reall H-HAYAI!

>Dexterity
Considering it deals with both dodging stuff and hitting stuff, I'd call it coordination. Basically 'knowledge' of your body or 'physical intelligence'. Awareness and all that good stuff. Also explains why it deals with initiative, as low coordination means you're clumsy as fuck and therefore slow to react.

>Constitution
Health. Alternatively resilience.

>Intelligence
Intellect, Logic or Education, depending on what the system chooses to emphasize.

>Wisdom
To avoid the intelligence-wisdom conflict you mentioned, I'd just call it instinct. It deals with 'common sense' as well as observation skills, so instinct would be a good one. It also fits because it deals with courage and will to fight. It, dare I say, decides who has the sharpest fangs.

>Charisma
Rhetoric. Because that's what it is. It would also allow you to separate it from being considered attractive or even likeable. You can be an ugly asshole and still be good at speaking, hence rhetoric.

Punch - Dodge - Drink - Read - Think - Fuck

>It forms a fitting acronym

>Strength
power

>Dexterity
Agility

>Constitution
Body

>Intelligence + Wisdom
Mind (only shit games have intel and wis split)

>Charisma
speech

best post

You didn't specifically forbid mixing Strength and Constitution, and there is literally no reason they are separate!

Still kinda generic but
Valor-Reflexes-Determination-Wit-Intuition-Charm

"Endurance" is probably a more logical term.
But fuck realismfags honestly. In my games you can facetank a greataxe if you're strong enough. you know why? Because fuck you that's why. It's high fantasy nigger. A papercut isn't gonna stop a large raging barbarian.

Body - Agility - Psyche - Intellect - Instinct - Charm

Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Spirit, Life.

Dodge
Duck
Dip
Dive
Dodge

I like this, but I would switch Grit to end and Vim to str

HITTY
FLEXY
HARDY
THINKY
KNOWY
SEXY

Used Might/Cunning/Steadiness/Swiftness/Faith/Occult once. Not an in-order mapping though.

Force - Finesse - Fortitude - Faculty - Foresight - Face

MIKE

Pow
Zip
Urg
Hmm
Oh!
Hey

>the theme is three-letter sound effects/words

>Face
>not Fuck
Apply yourself.

Power
Agility
Resilience
Insight
Perception
Charm

Actually change power to might

Body - Mind - Spirit
They represent respectively the character's mastery of the self, the mundane, and the arcane. Which just means fighter, thief and mage

Might (raw power of spells)
Alacrity (speed with which spells are brought to bear)
Grace (the finesse of spells produced)
Inventiveness (creativity and adaptability of spells)
Concentration (ability to maintain spells and associated effects)

>Strength, Dexterity, Constitution
Athletics
>Intelligence
Wit
>Wisdom
Cunning
>Charisma
charm

Wisdom = Luck
fucking KEK its to accuret

>Stryngth
>Dasterity
>Tonstitution
>Intelligemce
>Wisdoom
>Tarisma

>but for what it's worth I've enjoyed the first few issues
Thats because you have shit taste and you are aware that it is objectively bad.

>It's nice to have a fantasy setting played straight with a lot of crude sex and drug humor
Yeah that would be nice, but that's not what Rat Queens was. Rat Queens was essentially Sex in the City in Fantasy if written by Feminazi-Hipster from Commiefornie.

The characters were unlikeable, the plot dumb, the sidecast just background-noise for the Main-Cast and SJWs finally need to learn that being a snarky cunt for the sake of being a snarky cunt hasn't been funny since Daria, if you try to make a character-trait into a full character it will end up as massive unlikeable twat.

Speed
Killyness
Unf
Brains

Physical Mental Endurance Luck

Luck is only there because a lot of the time rolls (specifically charisma) are less "you totally convinced this guy" and more "you're lucky that he's dumb enough to believe you"

Muscle
Movement
Manliness
Mind
Mentality
Moustache

Gumption
Bend-ability
Heartiness
Thinkatude
Common Sense
A Certain je ne sais quoi

Attack
Defense
Special Attack
Special Defense
Speed
HP

Not only this, but the series is even shitty at the crude humor because it's basically trying to present these characteristics in a positive, almost role-model like light. Do heavy amounts of drugs and fuck literally anything hot enough and walked in front of you? That means you're empowered and independant like these strong female characters! This is in spite of the fact that the classes they all claim to be part of would require rigorous strength training, intelligent studies, and good moral values in general to keep a competitive edge. But nooooo, lets not worry about that. They're just stronk females because females are obviously naturally stronger than males.

To answer your question, I keep Strength, Dex, and Con, and replace the mind stats with Magic, Resistance, and Appearance. Mental abilities should be filled in by the player, and there's no real good excuse for allowing dumb characters on the field other than "I saw it in muh cartoons". Stupid people in a dangerous line of work die off, and the game should be reflective of that. That, and nobody roleplays those stats well anyways.