Necromunda General

Van Saar reavealed!!!

youtube.com/watch?&v=4k5rwxv2MQ0

Rule Transcriptions
Full transcription - reddit.com/r/necromunda/comments/7er2y8/necromunda_underhive_rules_transcript_en/
Tactics Card spreadsheet - mega.nz/#!ZG4mTbxS!8-jwRzThW3mOcvyoGDuKk97Ol_FOJ7FdaCx-Jnn6qTY

Rulebook Scans
Underhive/Core Book - mega.nz/#!ofRi3RKC!OZxxi54Q_PWERg7BaqGZsryf_iXrSGU8R0hL-47fPvE
Underhive Scenarios - mega.nz/#!xOZQ0ZwT!Tr4ExZbe1VhMHnyyOY1qCHlQLiK2YY1vet63D4-y_fI
Gang War 1 - mega.nz/#!tHI2XZyJ!g1ZDlhCzaTWIS5TmTUrdJsp_ELAVIScPAyXvsILtPFI
Gang War 2 - mega.nz/#!9OZlRKbC!Vh90vELCHMhDYweiLH7nr-vpG-zIZAUIsvGtTOKwN4k
Genestealer Cult Rules - mega.nz/#!VPpAnSST!XifC8Y7S1w3jDKLHVjsjrgPEdckxBT0E_PPQcvTkkbg

Gangs of Legend - necromunda.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/09/ENG_Necromunda_Gangs_Of_Legend_Download.pdf

Attached: Oh Yeaaah.png (534x515, 332K)

Stupid sexy GW tempting me into buying crack after many years of sobriety

They're... very Infinity.

>Infinity helmets
>military flat tops and fabulous staches gone in favour of FUTURE TECH BRAIDS
Well these are shit.

lmao the absolute state of GW fans

Oh fuck yes van saars look fucking good.

Well, they are getting ahead of the "one gang a year" schedule. Guess the new plan is to pump and dump the whole thing in 2018.

>Van Saar

We Infinity now!

Who is ready for the horde of new player screaming "tacticool" at the top of their lungs ?
Van saar a shit, orlock are the true mobsters

There was no 'one gang a year' schedule tho, they were already planning to get six gangs ready by the end of 2018.

>"one gang a year"
>new plan

Plan remain the same, one gang every quarter. with all the house gang released at the end of 2018, outlaw gang in 2019 (if this shit didn't die by then)

*Waits for Delaque*

*wait for Cawdor*
*wait for guilds*

*waits for Spyrers*

Attached: 1490448337156.jpg (703x1200, 246K)

>inb4 they're all neo clones

Holy shit, talk about some lovely models. They look kick ass. All the beauty of infinity models and the utility of GW plastic.

I like the transparent shield on that one dude, but what's up with the bald guy with the boob plate at 20 seconds in there?

So are there any fluff or crunch elements that involve the Spiders, other IG-style gangs, or the Imp Fists sweepin down to pick out neophytes?

Attached: Spiders.jpg (530x326, 26K)

This. Think of all the conversion potential.

that's a gw woman

>
gw women are modeled after english women.
so dont expect much (except mass)

more like infinity is very van saar.
the original models looked sleek and techie too. (for the 90s)

BANNOCK ASS

They really don't. They look like weirdly inflated still suits out of dune.
These are straight up infinity aesthetic. Which is hilarious because 40kids talked shit endlessly about infinity's aesthetic but now that GW has done it it's the best thing ever.

Talk about being insane fanboys.

>They really don't. They look like weirdly inflated still suits out of dune.
which is why i said for the 90s.
the general level of detail has improved much from then to now.

GW have gone full Dark Athena and I'm completely onboard. There's now a core kit for all your Blanchitsu voidborn needs.

Gimme dat irradiated ass

Attached: van saar chick.png (737x616, 364K)

Alpharius?

There's a bounty hunter who is ostensibly a deserter from a Necromundan regiment.

Attached: deserter.jpg (1118x1633, 704K)

Have you even seen old van saar?
I can't tell if you're blind, stupid or both.

Playing in my first campaign tonight. I've only played one intro game so I have no idea if my gang sucks or not.

How'd I do?

--House Orlock--
Leader - Sawn Off Shotgun, Servo Claw, Overseer

Champion - Autogun, Heavy Stubbed, Nerves of Steel

Champion - Autopistol, Servo Claw, Blasting Charges, Munitioneer

Ganger - Autopistol, Fighting Knife, Blasting Charges

Ganger - Combat Shotgun

Ganger - Autogun

Ganger - Autogun

Juve - 2 Stub Guns

When are they bringing in Genestealer or Chaos Cults (ignoring the impending doom such a presence might imply) or Adeptus Arbites?

Didn't you see? Van Saar are now Spyrers.

compare with old escher vs new esher
or old goliath with new goliath.
etc
the differences are similar

Or we can get spyrers even more insane in designs than those in Oldcromunda.

I'd like to see Spyrers with obviously T'au tech, since they've retconned the names of the original Spyrers to be T'au words for what they do.

What does that have to do with your point that 20 year old van saar models have the infinity aesthetic.

Read the OP, GSC rules are already out.
Chaos cult rules will be in a future White Dwarf and enforcers/arbites are probably gonna be a forgeworld affair.

What he's saying is that the 20 year old Van Saar models are as close to the infinity aesthetic as technology would allow back then, and would have been closer had they had the means to produce that much detail. Now that they can produce that detail, they are doing so; it just so happens that Infinity was released in the interim and became associated with that particular aesthetic.

This is the most insane thing I've read today.

>GSC rules are already out.
and they are broken to hell and back
>Infiltrate, throw Demo

I never said he was right. I personally feel that there is some common ground between the two, but the modern scifi aesthetic they draw on is so widespread that neither can claim it as their own.

Spread out, shoot the T3 W1 model with a 6+ save.

The Void miniatures from the exact same time period are the closest thing to Infinity aesthetic. The new Van Saar are fucking retarded looking. The bodies would be decent, but the heads are awful. Especially with the stupid cyberbraids.

I like those Plasma Pistols. Then again, I'm a huge fan of Plasma Pistols in general.

Bump for the mining guilds

Hmm.. I suppose they are gonna look cool without those stupid braids and helmets

Any leak yet for the collection of recent necromunda shorts?

Attached: 28B46416-C89E-41A7-BBE2-2BE5389E12A4.jpg (650x822, 139K)

>Complaining about new stuff being released.

Van Saar's helmets looks like a crossbreed between PanO and Yu Jing's old Pheasant helmet, only that it looks a bit more retarded.

But i think removing those braids will makes the model looks cooler.

what do you do when your champions die and your economy has been shot in the gut? what is a good way to get quick money without risking your gang so you can buy your champions back?

I might try and steal a good deal of their bits for an Ordo Sicarius Inquisitor conversion.

You're just looking for a reason to bitch now.

dude. Infinity is based on sci-fi anime from the 90s too.

You are quite simply wrong.

Infinity never, at any point in time, remotely looked like old Van Saar or shared a single common design point.
The new Van Saar clearly have PanO facemasks and YuJing metal linked braids. Plus fairly scifi generic bullpup guns.

So with a dual-wielding plasma pistol champ, do you take Munitioneer or Gunslinger first?

I like how this thread is mostly the back and forth about van saars aesthetics instead of gameplay discussion. It’s worse than the 40k generals.
Tell me about your games, your dudes, how do you make genestealer cult not shit?

Thicc

So much for that promise to stop doing boobplate when they responded to that one white knight.

Thank you GW, never cave.

As an inq28 player, GW has had me creaming with each new necromunda release

How else would they show the difference between a male and female model? Not in the head sculpt, that’s for sure

Andy Hoare has said that Necromunda isn't incidentally good fodder for Inq28, but designed for it. The appeal to Inq28 is intentional on top of being a thing in their own right.

That said, I was debating Orlocks, but now I'm definitely going to give Van Saar a shot on the conversion table, turning them into something of an Ordo Sicarius kill team with the possibility of running an actual Assassin proxy among them. Would be fan to have a team of collected and tactical elite infantry backed by a bioengineered massacre on two legs.

More 35mm+ "heroic scale 28mm" trash.

Keep stamping on my childhood GW.

>40kids talked shit endlessly about infinity's aesthetic
with my 10k points of IG alone, when infinity was released i started buying that too.

i think i have a problem

GW has a crush fetish for childhoods?

You know, that might explain all the stompy robots from 6/7e.

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the new models. They just look like Infinity clones copied into GW's style.

Attached: 40kcitizen.jpg (386x897, 229K)

I just want my delaques and their sweet, sweet trench coats.

>I have $1k+ worth of kingdom death on the way.
>and 4 infinity armies.
>and a figure collection
>and a boardgame collection including most of the hueg games like TI
>and enough bits and bobs to make 3-4 4x4 infinity tables
senpai pls

Well if they promise it now, the change will most likely come after 3 years or so because the studio works 3 years in advance.
Let's hope sisters come before that eh.

>I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the new models
you're not.

But shitposting the thread with hate isn't really constructive. Besides I feel like people have had more than enough time to get the models they wanted from old Necromunda.
The game is a good 20 years old by now too.
And I tend to feel about GW minis like that in general these days.
It's like Star Wars man. It's not made for us anymore.

It seems the younger generation is scared of non plastic models, but if GW decide to do a made to order session for some of the bits and pieces I missed out on back in the day I'll jump in as well.
Could go for some Enforcers and old school Cawdor.

They also have the potential of bringing psykers to the game in a limited capacity. Having psykers again would be awesome.

Man, I was dead set on having my Inq28 team fight using modified 8e rules for small games, but Necromunda as a system seems to be scratching that itch pretty well; it just needs more meat to give it enough substance to play around with. Right now it's got some meat to it, but it's still pretty lean pickings.

Honestly I just want Arbites/Enforcers. There hasn't been a faction that draws me in so far other than them.

"Palatine Enforcers" are listed as way down the line, so it'll be awhile for you, unfortunately. As stated before, it seems like the release plan looks like the Big Six plus some filler releases before it starts fleshing out other territory like the Guilds and Enforcers.

It's a new release, dipshit, it's obviously going to get discussed. If you don't like it, come back in a day or two when the release schedule goes back to being barren and empty.

Well I was waiting to see these guys get previewed before I decided on them or Orlock. Made my decision really easy, if I wanted this kind of thing I would've bought into infinity years ago.

Aren't these guys supposed to be the milsurp nuts? Why do they look like they got lost on their way to the Infinity release schedule? I thought the old version of these guys just wore basic fatigues and armor and were the equivalent of a bunch of gangers pretending to be a military with lots of guns, am I thinking of another gang?

Also, what is the gist of House orlock? Seems all they have are basic guns, some sort of powerfist, and some weird ass harpoon gun. Do they get anything really crazy or are they meant to be a no nonsense, meat and potatoes type of gang?

Also, will one box cover me for most of a campaign or will I want a second? Half the reason I'm picking them up is so I can also have bits for my guard but I want to make sure I don't cheap out on the main game.

they're the hightech milsurp guys yeah.

so their look is perfect.

New Van saar look like Quake 3 stuff.
Nice.

I'm just disappointed because I was looking forward to guys who looked more like ex guardsmen or armsmen with heavily modified and looted weapons. From the way Van Saar had been described to me that was what I had imagined they would look like but clearly I heard wrong. I was wanting guys that could pull double duty as vets in case necromunda didn't take off. Maybe guys who had the old Necromundan spider armor and weapons or what have you.

Oh well, I like Orlock too and they've got some nice bits I can use, just a bit disappointed Van Saar wasn't what I thought it would be. Orlock has lots of cool pistols and guns that will look pretty sweet on guardsmen provided the scale is close. I've yet to see a good side by side to know if they'd actually work.

Van Saar are nobles and rich fucks that kill people for fun. Lexandro D'Arquebus, an imperial fists captain is from Necromunda and has a necromundan spyder tattoed on his face, so I guess he was Van Saar.

My negro. Plasma pistols are the most aesthetic gun of 40k

Attached: dark_angels_chapter_upgrade_plasma_pistol_large.jpg (500x400, 56K)

I think the spyrer tech = tau shit was a bad idea that was rightfully ignored and should continue to be ignored.

I'm actually a fan of these Van Saar. 40k has a whole lot of throwbacks to more "primitive" historical aesthetics to show how humanity has regressed both technologically and culturally. Rarely do we see examples of these aesthetics being pulled from the Dark Age, which might have theoretically looked more futuristic or alien. 30k provides us with a few such examples, all curves and moulded, sloping plates with nary a rivet in sight.

On the subject of Orlocks, they are literally the most unremarkable team. That doesn't necessarily make them the least powerful or interesting, but they are the team of relatively few gimmicks and little in the way of significant strengths, but they also have just solid options and few weaknesses as well. Orlocks are the most well-rounded team.

Spyres are the rich fucks that kill for sport. Van Saar are the arms dealers that produce examples of advanced technology, but since their secret STC is flawed, the more advanced examples leak radiation.

I'm a fan of the fact that they're actually somewhat decent in 8e now.

>From the way Van Saar had been described to me that was what I had imagined they would look like
Clearly it was described to you very poorly.

They're the high tech guys. They use their own tech, that's why it looks so modern yet so baroque and overdesigned, like the plasma pistols or that meltagun. They look pretty good I think, Orlock being the worst so far.

Van Saar is the gang that would less likely drop into the army. Van Saar are rich as fuck, wouldnt want to try their fortune on the shit imperial platoons. They make enough money and gather enough power in the gangs.

Maybe some would be recruited for scions (old kasrkin) or for more elite positions, or maybe for the Imperial Fists if they're young, but Van Saar as fodder would seem like a waste.

They have spider masks and a web shield. Neat.

So, I'm working on an escher gang, and there's a few things I just kinda want:
>bolt-needler
>shotun
>chem-thrower
>dual-auto juve

What's the best way to use these (ganger or champ) or what other weapons to give them? I also have no idea how to equip the rest of the gang around it.

CAWDOR WHEN???

Get over it

No, you're not.

Though I think the models will be good with some headswaps. Really only thing I dislike are the stupid braids and helmets

3rd or 4th quarter

Stick the bolter on your leader, shotgun and chemthrower on regular gangers. Tool up your champs for melee (stiletto swords or power swords/pistols and spring up/step aside). Fill your gangers with lasguns (cheap and good for pinning at range) and a couple of autoguns (dakka). The twin pistol Juve is a risk as they will be hitting on 6s if they fire both guns. I've had great success with stiletto knife/Autopistol juves, that extra movement and hitting on 3s in combat is brutal.
Ultimately they're your guys so if you like the asthetic then go for it.

No you aren't. They don't feel particularly 40k

Aye, this last year I've become more comfortable just leaving alone and only hitching myself to the nostalgia train rather than bitching. Its clear modern 40k and other games in general are pitched towards the mid-20's and under gen and moving well away from what made me love em when I was like 11 years old.

I don't have to like it but I can't change it and there are a few people out there still doing that aesthetic.

>why is GW appealing to youngsters
>rather than making the sort of stuff that appealed to me when I was 11

Attached: 1486639905506.jpg (300x898, 76K)

I mean, the fact they even rebooted Necromunda, a game no-one under 30 had even heard of, is pretty rad of GW, but no. Not good enough apparently.

Grognards gonna grog I guess.

Guys. I want to start a necromunda games in my local club, but at first i need to interest people to start buying miniatures. Can you write about + and - all existing gans?

>bolt-needler
Everyone want one, get them for leader and champ first.

>shotgun
Everyone can have them,

>Chem thrower
Sprint champion or camping Ganger, use to defense against charger.

>dual-auto juve
No longer the best way to arm juve, use stiletto dagger.

Goliath (incredibly tough close combat machines)
+Toughness 4
+Good Cool Stats, they pretty much don't break
+Grenade launchers in the starting house list
+Decent range of CC weapons
-Stub cannons in the house list aren't great
-Slower than other gangs (not a huge issue)
-Rivet Cannon is terrible
-No access to auto weapons or las weapons in house list

Escher (glass cannons, amazing damage potential in combat):
+Toxin weapons
+Cheap lasguns
+Juves with stiletto knives are combat monsters
+Plasma pistols in the house list
-Poor Cool Stats, they have a habit of breaking and bottling
-6+ armour
-Can struggle in underhive games

Orlock (salt of the earth shooty all rounders):
+Great at range, lots of solid shot weapons on house list
+All rounder gang, average stat lines without many glaring weakness
+5+ armour save
+Both house list heavy weapons are pretty decent
-Below the others in terms of CC potential
-Ammo checks on their weapons are pretty much all 4+

That's been my experience with the gangs so far. I've been playing Escher against a mix of all 3 gangs.
I struggled to find players for a while as my gaming group wasn't that interested. Once Orlocks released and I ran some demo games that all changed, there's 7-8 of us playing now with a campaign starting in the near future. We played a big multiplayer game a little while back that was total chaos but one of the most fun and memorable games I've had in years.

>paint your Van Saar as Doomguys

I want them painted as tron

Many thanks!

Now that Kill Team is back, how will that affect Necromunda?