Elf thread

This is the ideal elven body, you may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: Fingolfin Of The House Of Finwe.jpg (341x500, 110K)

Attached: 1521148010604.png (2469x1263, 211K)

Oh, we didn't have an elf thread today already?

silly mayfly, there is always time for a thread on the best fantasy race.

Attached: Laughing High Elves.png (278x340, 62K)

I really worry about where shit is going these days. It used to be possible to start a thread with a genuine prompt instead of a meme or bait.

I guess I'm just getting old, but having real discussion seems to be harder and harder.

I can imagine how an elf would feel like seeing your beloved place getting shittier and shittier over time while you stay relatively young.

Attached: Warhammer-Fantasy-фэндомы-High-Elves-asur-1120597.jpg (600x600, 112K)

Not gonna lie, never a fan of knife ears.
But Fingolfin is best Noldor.

alright, lets try to make something out of this thread.

what reason do Veeky Forums's elf haters have for their dislike of "knife ears" is it their status as a snowflake magnet? or like some have said the belief that elves lack a distinct niche that separates them from humans.

I think elves are a cool race when done well but terribly easy to do poorly, so I'm interested in anyone elses responses. in the name of discussion as said.

Attached: Elf In A Human Party.gif (250x141, 1.7M)

Immortality or near immortality is really off putting. There's nothing to offset it, save for some absurd shit like elves needing 1000000 years to hit puberty. For all intents and purposes they're just humans, only longer lived.
They're fine as something in background, with somewhat limited relevance in the world for some reason. Nothing I'd want playable.
I swear that the first step when creating a fantasy race is just making a single culture human, make it much longer lived and then add some accessories.

It's a fucking meme, you dip. Do you really think most people from Veeky Forums - those that actually play games anyway - are sperging out about elves at your table?

yes.

Yes. I've seen it

very contemporary and mainstream example is verm2

Give your IRL example you lying cunts.

Me. I do it.

>Give your IRL example you lying cunts
One of my friends you cocksucker

Cunt elf is a cunt. There's nothing more to it, LUMBAHFOOT.

That’s because elf players are shitters
Her being a Wood “get out of my forest you double Beastmen” Elf is just the cherry on top

It's actually changed to sienna players, but the community has yet to adjust. At best sienna makes fun of of Goreksson for missing a bomb throw lmao

LOOOOOOOOOOORD

Attached: the_last_stand__fingolfin_vs_morgoth__by_morkt-db4gygw.jpg (771x1035, 132K)

Elves are pretty cool, but it's hard to do them in an interesting fashion that still leaves them reasonably balanced as player characters, and if they're unplayable they lose a lot of their point.

Even in generic systems I find you run into this problem, if you make the elves something more than human (like, demigods or something) then you wind up with elves representing a blob of points that a prospective player will be more likely to just want to spend on their own rather than taking a prebuilt template (at least in my experience).

elves done badly, OG elves like the ones tolkien cooked up are real cool but not playable for obvious reasons.

then you've got shit elves like the "older humans" you brought up who are just window dressing.

a happy medium has to be found, but its the responsibility of the player to make an elven PC work just like any other.

people who want to play humans should just play humans, actually RPing an elf or a dwarf or any other race and doing it in a way which is neither a snowflake or a human with flavour-text is hard.

its worth it if you can do it though, pic unrelated.

Attached: Never Let The Elf Multiclass.gif (600x450, 3.6M)

I notice how you didn't actually give a real example or incident. Fucking idiots.

Nolofinweans ftw

Attached: image.jpg (946x550, 442K)

But elves are one of the original multi-class races.

>Tries to use the "I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED" argument
>Gets immediately denied
>"I never seen it so you're lying"
Fuck off m8. Memes are the biggest cause of spergism and you know it

Don't start me on Elves. My perennial bugbear. Elves are basically "What If Aryans were right about there being a master race?" Fucking Elves

if they typed out their stories you'd just state that they were lying
proving something while being an anonymous poster isn't worth the time if the person asking for it is going to reject whatever response you give

I need pictures of Roman legionnaire elves.

What about WFRP which only allow young elves and dwarfs?

indeed, which is why you never let one actually do it unless you want him to carry the party.
oh wait.
>him
forgot some elves were sequential hermaphrodites now

Attached: ITS A TRAP.jpg (464x700, 230K)

They aren't shitposter-kun.

You couldn't tell if it had a bene or a bagina unless you striped it naked anyway.

>if they typed out their stories you'd just state that they were lying
I would if they didn't seem believable, sure. But the fact they can't even give a believable example just makes it even less trustworthy.

D&D elves are, some of them at least.
its a blessing of their god that used to be super common but is super rare now.

This dude looks like Matt Mercer

Attached: 39513.jpg (360x360, 17K)