>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
What creatures/groups/elements live on the city outskirts? Why? Does your party have any association with them?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_jean_popo__092d35676e93df31c7c4137f4280706a.jpg (1280x720, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/msglgm.pdf
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6chOKnndfctd2ZURm5ZQ01wMnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone got a copy of all the orcpub2 files for 5e? I lost them after a harddrive death.

You know exactly what the problem is.

No I don't, I don't what option the players choose, they could all play Champions for all care

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1491516367348.jpg (300x334, 67K)

on a scale of 1 to autistic, how autistic is it to describe normal animals, and as soon as your party relates it to something they know like, "oh thats just a dog" you smile at them and say "what's a dog? there's not word for "dog" in this world, your character knows that it's called a ..." ?

7. It's nice that they're that invested in the world, but we as players are not speaking in dnd common.

>no word for dog
fuck you of course there is faggot. if it exists people will name it.

about as autistic as changing measurment from metric/imperial to some random retarded shit
or changing days/months for some meme names

Probably like 8-10 autistics.

I mean, why would you do that in the first place?

>get hyped up to play a drunken master, using a style full of tumbles, improvised weapons, flexible and acrobatic agility, and enduring pain, just like Jackie Chan
>see it in XGE
>lol you can get up from prone and attack things a lot

why must this edition always disappoint me so?

That sounds insufferable. Why not question "steel" or "Ocean" or "leather" while you're at it.

What should I read if I want to understand Dark Sun and run a campaign in a few weeks?

2 of my players really want me to run one.

Attached: songbirds and lighthouses.jpg (1200x752, 688K)

of course there's a word for "dog" that's implied with the ...

I thought so, just a dumb idea that came to me last night. Cheap way to add mystery I guess? I dunno, I thought it was dumb but I just needed input to confirm it.

my.mixtape.moe/msglgm.pdf

>Cheap way to add mystery I guess?
There's no mystery in this, just annoyance.

Thanks! I actually already have this one and I will read it first. I'm just asking for additional content if there is any. Must-have or must-read kinda things.

I'm sure some ppl in here had terrible experiences with DARK SUN as well so I kinda wanna know what are the big no-nos as well.

What's your favourite setting and why /5eg/?
>Eberron fag here
no, your homebrew setting doesn't count

Al Qadim. Familiar enough to be comfy and campy, without being !HRE version 1 billion.

Seeing as how the next major drop from Wizards is going to be Eberron, What races would you allow or not allow for that kind of setting if you were to have a session 0 tomorrow? (If you restricted any)

Do you restrict any in your game right now? Do people react differently if they encounter a less common race?

>It's not called a dog, it's a Zameph
>Wow! How Mysterious!
?

>next thing is going to be eberron
SAUCE NOW

So how do your setting deal with unpleasant implications of half orcs existing in a world where orcs are violent raider types?

>Do you restrict any in your game right now
I allow anything, even homebrew if it's balanced and fits in the game world

>the next major drop from Wizards is going to be Eberron
But that's not true. It's going to be Spelljammer.

the next major drop is gonna be them dropping the ball on virtually fucking anything and everything

>all of a race as a single culture
Apply yourself.

No, that was XGE.

and you think they're gonna do any different with MTF?

I had a DM who made up a bunch of days of the week and month. There were 12 months and 7 days. Honestly it was just a hassle and it didn't add anything to the game. I'd have been okay with it if it wasn't just exactly our system with 19 words changed.

It's like in those old alien movies where the aliens are like "we will arrive in two of your earth minutes" or something, but reversed. It's lazy and dumb because DnD doesn't use the English language at all. They speak Common (or Elvish or Dwarvish or whatever), and we just approximate it in English for convenience. Saying 'there's no word for dog but it's called a...' contradicts that. Translating 99% of words into English but leaving a handful in whatever made up language you're speaking breaks suspension of disbelief completely.

>MTF
>featuring MtF elves
Why did I not realize this previously?

Attached: 👌.jpg (124x109, 3K)

I was joking around about that with buddies for a while now, ever since that vid came out

Attached: 1473540953027.png (286x301, 72K)

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6chOKnndfctd2ZURm5ZQ01wMnc

>Spelljammer
Maybe in 2030 when they have released every other setting

Sorry to rant here but I just wanna see if my frustration is justified or if I'm just being bitter about it
>get into a dnd game a little later, dm is running Tomb of Annihilation
>dm is one of those dms that can't ever finish out a campaign and starts a new one every three weeks (at the time i didnt know this)
>we stop playing ToA, move onto some homebrew, some pathfinder game ran by a different player, curse of Strahd, etc.
>this cycle continues for two months
>last night, dm said he felt bad for not finishing up Tomb
>get excited; finally happy to return to my old character and get the ball rolling again
>he said theres a time skip of about 3 months and that we're all eleven now
>ok cool nice, we're stronger now
>says an ancient red dragon has called us out and we are supposed to set sail to his island lair in 3 weeks
>sounds difficult but i guess we should use this time to prepare and stock up
>dm says red dragon has razed half the city as part of the warning. Fire resistance potions are all almost gone and now cost 10x the gold
>ok thats weird but we can definitely still finf stuff outside the city to help us
>says its been 2 weeks now and it takes a week to sail
>city captain gives us 30 soldiers to take with us; sorta nice but they're basically meatbags
>we get there; kobolds ambush us from.the ceiling somehow even though the majority of us have darkvision; think whatever, they probably have tunnels
>kill all kobolds, 40 come out and all target our cleric from 150 away with bows. 4 ropers fall down frm ceiling as well
>after that 2 fire giant dreadnoughts come out of nowhere
>use my cape that allows me to walk on walls and ceiling; try to peek through the holes the kobolds came through. Dm says theres no tunnels up top at all
>ok i guess
>stop there because the combat itself took like 8 hours with all the soldiers moving

No, you dingus, Spelljammer is next because they have to explain how everyone's persistent waifu characters they play every game no matter what gets from realm to realm.

Anyways next week we're having to fight thr red dragon after all that shit. The dm is one of those guys that played a lot in 1st edition so I'm pretty sure hes just trying to TPK us to "finish" the campaign. I'm a lil frustrated and thinking of skipping out next week. I'm just upset and think its a little lazy to revive a 2 month old campaign just so he can kill us all.

How many ideas/fully fleshed out characters do you have waiting and ready for a campaign, that you know you'll never get to play?
I've got a Fighter, a Ranger (Possibly with some Warlock in him) and a Bard with their character sheets already made, as well as two vague concepts for a pure Warlock and a Diviner Wizard that I want to flesh out and play as well.
Shoutout to the forever DMs that have a thousand ideas that they'll never get to play

Attached: 1521337028649.jpg (295x281, 16K)

Rattle off your parties, boys.
>Halfling Lore Bard
>Half-Orc Vengeance Pally except he's a mutant instead of a half-orc
>Dragonborn Sun Soul Monk but he shoots lightning instead
>Gnome Wu Jen Mystic
>Human Celestial Warlock

Attached: dawnbreakerparty2.png (185x245, 12K)

>High Elf Vampire Battlemaster Fighter
>Half Elf Storm Sorcerer
>Half Elf College of Swords Bard
>Halfling Beast Master Ranger
>Fire Genasi Sun Soul Monk
>Wood Elf Circle of Dreams Druid

>half elf wild magic sorc
>human paladin devoted to !Bacchus
>human druid
>gnome nature cleric

We just finished our game yesterday but:
>Vuman Valor Bard
>Tortle Shepherd Druid
>Tabaxi Battlemaster Fighter
>Goblin Thief Rogue
>Half-Orc Totem Barbarian

>Human Evocation Wizard
>High Elf Thief Rogue
>Hill Dwarf >protection Cleric
>Human Samurai Fighter
>Human Hunter Ranger
>Wood Elf Shadow Monk
That's some nice spriting though.

>2/3rds Elf
I worry for you

Attached: Cobra.1986.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4_snapshot_00.11.24_[2018.02.14_15.50.49].jpg (1280x720, 80K)

How does /5eg/ feel about these bard house rules?

>Jack of All trades. When you gain this ability at 2nd level, choose one ability score. You can add half your proficiency bonus (rounded down) to all ability checks using that ability score that don't already include your proficiency bonus. You can choose an additional ability score at 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, and 20th level.

>Master of None. The Expertise ability is removed from the bard's list of abilities.

Don't really like full casters also being skill monkeys with expertise on top.

Attached: 1521078343503.jpg (564x1128, 136K)

>Tiefling Paladin/Sorcerer
>Half-Elf Valour Bard
>High Elf Rogue/Wizard
>Halfling Chain+GOO Warlock
>Wood Elf Druid

>Tfw we haven't been able to play in a while because people are busy with work and shit now, or they live too far off.

>Cancer
Wizards
Mystics
Bards
Rogues

>Gentlemen
Fighters
Barbarians
Clerics
Paladins
Sorcerers

>Unplayed/Never a Favorite
Monks

Attached: F98307FE-B192-4288-9B86-D5A520C4D0B1.png (557x1062, 614K)

Warlocks?

>rogues
>cancer
?

Not even worth giving a tier to.

>Half-Elf Vengeance Paladin
>Human Lore Bard
>Halfling Open Hand Monk
>Wood Elf Land Druid
>Water Genasi Sea Sorcerer

We even have a High Elf NPC that comes with us sometimes. Elves are the best.

>Goliath paladin/hexblade
>High Elf arcane trickster/divination wizard
>Half Elf swashbuckler/battlemaster
>Duergar champion
>Half Elf loremaster wizard
>Human lore bard

Move Sorcerer to Unplayed/Never a Favorite, it's the most unsatisfying class in the game

>drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6chOKnndfctd2ZURm5ZQ01wMnc
Thank you friend.

It's genuinely hard to believe just how badly they fucked up the Sorcerer. There is literally no reason to ever make one.

Half-Orc Barbarian
Halfling Barbarian, played as a half-doppleganger for some disguise fun and being extra flimsy.
White Dragonborn Monk
Celestial Elf Warlock
Elf Barbarian

Sorcerer and Warlock should have been just one class

He's a cunt. Find a new group.

Imagine this: roleplaying

Go read about the development history behind 5e, then it'll make complete sense.

>all this crying over sorc when PBH beastmaster and Wot4E haven't been fixed in a published book

gay

You can fluff Warlocks to fit the Sorcerer's flavor, no need at all for the class to exist

Half-elf Rogue Assassin
Assamir Cleric of Life
Human Monk of the Open Hand
Kor Cleric of The Forge

My houserules for the Sorcerer give them extra SP, additional metamagic-gaining levels, an automatic metamagic that lets them alter the damage type of a spell for 1 SP (changing from and to other classical elements only; fire, acid, ice, lightning), extra spells learned, and the ability to learn spells in a different element (ex. learn Lightning Ball instead of Fireball or Cone of Acid instead of Cone of Cold)

These are subclasses not the entire class

It's a different type of shit. Those two are shit by design. Sorcerer is shit because it is completely outclassed by Wizard

Sorc is suboptimal but it's 100% playable, even if you can't play a black dragon sorc and be bard/divination wizard tier.

Warlocks don’t fit into those 3 categories

I personally like Planescape a lot because it was the first setting I really got into (from playing Torment). I really like the faction divide and the metaphysical/philosophical conundrums that arise from it, because I think it's more interesting than the political shenanigans that have become popular in fantasy because of GoT. It's also a good way to have an incredibly varied amount of environments, locations, and enemies to deal with. To cap it all off, I don't think anybody will argue with the statement that Sigil is fucking awesome and a great place to serve as a "base" for adventurers.

Attached: sigil-the-city-of-doors.jpg (1024x768, 158K)

>What creatures/groups/elements live on the city outskirts? Why? Does your party have any association with them?

The only time my GM has described people on the outskirts of a city was for a city that became overrun by demons. So basically everyone on the outskirts were just adventurers, the military, or mercenaries.

>Cancer
Wizards
Mystics
Bards
Druids
Warlocks

>Gentlemen
Fighters
Barbarians
Clerics
Paladins
Rogues

>Garbage
Monks
Rangers
Sorcerers

FTFY

Attached: phb.png (700x483, 557K)

Having a bad day. Tell me about your favorite character you made, /5eg/. I’ll say something nice about them.

Attached: E90FE8CF-A7DF-4DB0-AC7E-F57C17119392.jpg (451x569, 43K)

>Bard also has 7 more spells at level 20 than Sorcerer
>even though both are memorization-type casters
>even though they can take 6 goddamn spells from literally anyone
I think the problem are Bards too strong, as the other memorization-type full caster. Warlock's its own thing.

Attached: 1507423663792.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

I’m the guy you @‘d. Agree.

Attached: A47BB50D-5B94-4479-88AB-BE93E25CCC86.jpg (800x1184, 151K)

>level 20
>mattering

>Thread stops for a few heartbeats as everyone types
Thanks dick

okay fine, Bards have 2 more spells than Sorcs at level one and that lead increases every level, happy?

>implying levels 16-20 exist
You're not wrong though

Attached: thinking intensifies.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

>Lore Bards have 4 more spells than Sorcerer at level 6
Better?

Warlocks are not cancer!

Attached: 1519944550201.png (420x399, 310K)

>human beastmaster
>elf druid
>dragonborn bard
>dragonborn wizard
>homebrew race druid
>other homebrew race rogue

Sorcerers are fine when you remove wizards from the equation. If the devs weren't fully engrossed in their quest to take every single good thing about sorcerers and give it to wizards, sorcs would be great.

Bards are fine really, all the casters are good at specific things;
Bard is a good support and control while being able to steal a few spells to fill gaps
Cleric is a great support with some damage and control
Druid is summoner with some support, control and damage
Wizard is great at control and damage
Sorcerer is great at damage, but metamagic isn't enough to make them stand out when wizards exist

Want to homebrew a time cleric, how does this sound for a channel divinity?

Target a 1ft cube within 90ft of you, enemies that start their turn or enter the area must succeed on a dexterity saving throw or their speed drops to 0. While in the area, attack rolls and dexterity saving throws are made at disadvantage.

>mfw use the Russian Orthodox calendar in my games

Attached: 9c03df72995eb570aaee9555c387516b.jpg (736x920, 65K)

>Elf Assassin
>Aarakocra Swashbuckler
>Tabaxi Inquisitive
>Human Totem Barbarian
>Human Warsmith
>Human Life Cleric

My sorcerer house rules:

>Give sorc additional spells based on sorcorous origin. At least one per spell level.

>Spells Known. Sorcerers gain 2 spells known every odd level, and 1 spell known every even level.

>Font of Magic. Sorcerers gain 3 sorcery points at 2nd level, thereafter they gain 1 sorcery point every odd level, and 2 sorcery points every even level.

>Metamagic. Sorcerers gain two metamagic options at 3rd level, and another at 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, and 15th level

>Change Careful Spell to work like wizard evoker's Sculpt Spell.

Some other metamagic options probably need to be reworked also, haven't looked at them yet.

Attached: 638e47cb59c679e971a50029596c5d45--character-concept-character-ideas.jpg (736x532, 44K)

10ft, I meant

Explain shit by design please

Attached: Time Domain.pdf (PDF, 2.22M)

Made a Dragonborn Rogue who was raised by Gnomes. After finding some cursed coins in a forest during the night he has fever dream about murdering his parents only to wake up and find he actually commited the act. He runs away and eventually joins an adventuring guild where he joins the party. Over their adventures he gains more and more coins and learns that with enough he can Dragonball wish for anything he wants. So he starts talking the party into going on adventures into areas where he can run into and gather more coins. It gets to a point where he's so crazed about gathering the coins that he murders an orphan and willingly tried to complete a sacrifice to sell his party members souls. But they were divinely protected so nothing really bad came out of it. All of this and he had accidentally drank the blood of an angel so if anyone tried to detect alignment he'd just come up as good. Eventually with the help of a thieves guild he started up he gathers enough coins and gets to wish for his parents back and now he lives on as the head of the thieves guild

>Sorcerer is great at damage
That's not true in 5e though

PHB beastmaster's beast eats his actions, has poor scaling, and can never overcome non-magical weapon resistance/invincibility. Wot4E monk is insanely Ki-hungry. The mechanical design of the subclasses makes them shit. Sorc is 100% fine except it's narrow is scope and something else does what it does better.

Attached: Sorcerer, Tweaked.compressed.pdf (PDF, 5.39M)

>doesn't get access to Time Stop

Attached: nani.png (702x397, 145K)

>Half-Elf Divine Sorcerer
>Dragonborn Paladin Oathbreaker
>Revenant Elf Zealot Barbarian
>Half-Elf Swashbuckler
>Human Tempest Cleric

What blasting spells are they missing that makes them bad at damage?

That's a 9th level spell user. How would you give them that?