What does Veeky Forums like in their Okonomiyaki?

What does Veeky Forums like in their Okonomiyaki?

I dig Hiroshima style. Keep it simple. Not too much seafood.

I've eaten it once in hiroshima while visiting japan. It was amazing and I wish I could have it again.

Looks undercooked. Put it in the microwave and nuke it a bit.

They have it at my local izakaya.

I'm not sure what style it is but it's pretty good desu

Yeah man, I'm with you. Hiroshima style is the bomb.

My ex-gf used to make it with some crunch bits of something in the batter, lots of seaweed powder, bonita flakes, mayo and sauce plus a liberal amount of bacon and some scallops.

I miss that more than I miss the pussy.
[spoiler]jk I miss that crazy J-pussy[/spoiler]

>meme food that weebs pretend to like. just barely 1 step above takoyaki

t. a weeb that feel for the meme

the place i go to which is really nice and authentic puts a little too much of their bbq sauce and not enough of the mayonnaise. they coat the entire top with bbq then put a dollop of mayo in the center. i love it with bacon

it's a little too greasy overall though which i kind of like because it prevents me to eat it too often and get sick of it

What's your favourite yaki?

For me it's ikayaki

Okonomiyaki is the greatest drunk food, right up there with tendies and sloppy burgers. If you've never come home from a party and had a girl make you Okonomiyaki as a post-drunken-sex-snack you don't even know what you're talking about.

Sukiyaki

Octopus, Squid and Shrimps topped with pork belly slices. Turned over and cooked until really crispy.

I know that the first time I went to Japan like most weebs made a list of must-try foods. Okonomiyaki was a big let down

I had it once in osaka.

Was at a really well known hole in the wall restaurant though and it was the only time I had it.

Was really tasty.

yakisoba

I love okinomyaki, but I like making it at home (especially as drunk food) rather than getting it out, just because I like to control the amount of sauce and mayo on top. Most places put too much sauce and mayo on top for my tastes. And, I like a lot of ginger and bonito on top as well, so it's just easier and better to make it at home, for me.

Love it. I order it quite often.

>some crunch bits of something in the batter,
That was tempura bits.

Roasted okonomiyaki doesn't bode well for everyone user-kun

Looks too Asian....
Id have to put ketchup on it.
Maybe some American cheese too.

Does anyone know any exceptional sources for japanese grilled recipes?

Books, blogs, YouTube, don't care. Just becoming increasingly interested in casual japanese food.

>grilled / griddled*

Then you went to the wrong place or you're an american with a taste for burgers

Daikon, onion, and maybe noodles because I'm poor.

Honestly, how big a difference is there between pancake batter and okonomiyaki batter? Am I gonna feel like an idiot if I start putting cheese and bacon and shit on and in my pancake and expect it to taste good?

Or a normal person with a taste for some foods and not others.

What's the difference between Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

One got fat one got little.

Yakisaba?

My friend prefers using bisquick but I think it makes it cakier/heavier and I like using the batter from the asian market more. But there's really no reason you couldn't use pancake batter. It won't end up tasting that different it's just a sort of a texture thing for me.

Pancake batter is definitely going to make a heavier, breadier pancake. I'm sure you can use it, but it won't have the same texture as okonomiyaki batter.

Hey I've always loved octopus/squid in any form, I grew up on calamari. So takoyaki was just a natural step.

The good thing about okonomiyaki is that it's delicious for something that's completely braindead in how to make it.