Is there a sandwich out there superior to the Monte Cristo?

Is there a sandwich out there superior to the Monte Cristo?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cubano or gtfo

Cubano

There just isn't

Grilled Pear & Brie 2 b q honest.

How many countries would I have to surrender to to get one?

i used to have one almost every day when i was working in madrid. gained some weight but boy was it worth it

>Is there a sandwich out there superior to the Monte Cristo?

The pinnacle of culinary sandwhiches:

Kraft Mac and Cheese Sandwhich

if you're young enough to still eat from the kids menu I guess that would be acceptable

I love Monte Cristo sandwiches. But, I only eat one maybe once or twice a year, because holy shit, they are so bad for you. So bad, but so good......

That's not kraft.

A lot of places here in the American food desert have deep fried mac and cheese cheeseburgers.

would need hot sauce/10

just needs a little bit of maple syrup to dip it in.

Yes.

Anything that isn't dipped in egg batter and fried.

what's wrong with dipping in egg batter, faget?

There's enough fat and flavor in the ham and cheese without the need to try and introduce more by battering and frying the entire sandwich, lardass.

Superior sandwich coming through.

Turkey club bitch nigga.

Yeah...alot are. The Reuben, Cubano, French Dip, Philly Cheese, Roast Beef and Rye, Peanut Butter and Banana.

The Monte Cristo is literally snowflake tier.

The pizza, you pleb.

blt has everything
the bread ingredient
the meat ingredient
the fat ingredient
the green ingredient
the fruit ingredient

Monte Cristo with mayo

Fucking godly

Looks like a shitty Bifana

Have you guys seen chef?

i've been to a lot of shit restaurant (applebees, cheesecake factory, etc) never seen that abomination on a menu

best part of being a member of a club desu

that philly style roast pork broccoli rabe sharp provolone type italian sandwich is pretty good

so's an honest to god muffaletta sandwich

also Katz's pastrami, or corned beef and tongue with Russian from 2nd avenue deli

also a fucking torta milanesa

ive had some pretty dope ass french dips in my day.

I had a monte cristo crepe, was pretty gud but not better than the original.

Jesus Christ cuban sandwiches are literally the most disgusting shit, leave the country.

While I would agree that it's not the best soundwich, it's still bretty gud. Maybe you should stop eating one from Montana and get one from a place that has a cuban community.

But then again I'm half cuban so I've had them a lot. But fuck fried plaintains

That's a picture of a burger not a sandwich

lol go back to europe asshole
Cuban and Reuben are the best and most American sandwiches around

>get one from a place that has a cuban community.
fuck that. You can get good Cuban sandwiches anywhere, they are very common, you don't have to go to some shithole quasi-border town like Miami

You can but I doubt their cuban bread is any good. Also there's a decent cuban community in SoCal

Only if there is avocado in there.

Its just a.hot ham and cheese danwich

Whenever I ordered one at the restaurant, a guy would show up to see how many I had.

We called him the Count of Monte Cristo.

My name a chef

That's a cute joke user.

I have not eaten a Monte Cristo before, but I would say that the best sandwich I have eaten would be a Torta Cubana.

My niggas. I have a bakery nearby and order one a few times per week. I'm going to die eating so much unhealthy shit and drinking so much wine.

not a sandwich!!!

) :

definition of a sandwich pls

Reuben is number one GOAT sammich, although a stellar Philly or Cuban can also be a number one in my book.

On the other hand, I'd say BLT is the king when it comes to everyday sandwiches. Simple and perfectly balanced, and it's literally impossible to fuck up. Add a little turkey or chicken, grab a bag of chips, and you've got yourself a meal.

White bread, sliced, no crust, traditionally cut in triangles the way lord Sandwich wanted them. A fucking bun is not a sandwich no matter what you put in it. Be less historically ignorant, americans.

two great sandwiches

but which is best

Probably a Fernand Mondego

t. from the land of curry and kebab

Why does there have to be a best sandwich?
Can't we just agree that all established sandwich types are great and that there are still many more to be discovered and we should spend all of our time and energy seeking them out, sharing them, and eating them?

From the land of lutfisk and surströmming actually. Doesn't mean you can't have very basic knowledge of the history- or definition of foods. Especially some of the worlds most famous.

Reminds me of this

If a Monte Cristo is a sandwich, a 'za is definitely a sandwich.

simple smoked salmon sandwich with spinach and cream cheese or mustard is the most delicious thing

it isn't even just a superior sandwich I'd say its a superior food in general
its the kind of food I could legitimately eat all day every day

>implying words don't evolve over time
Your stance is pretty fucking ridiculous

Bow down, you fucking extras. You are in the presence of royalty.

>vinegar based coleslaw
>royalty

So fucking overrated.

Not really.

that's cute

>implying the word sandwich has evolved outside the concept of the classical sandwich
While sometimes used alegorically in material science, in a food contect a sandwich is a sandwich. Relabeling hamburgers as a type of sandwich is a marketing ploy by fast food chains to healthwash a product label sullied by health concerns and low social status by conflating it with a traditional middle class snack usualy seen as less greasy and more healthy.
Try not to fall for it, americans.
>inb4 layer cakes are now cream sandwiches

So you are gonna say a pulled pork sandwich or cuban sandwich, or reuben, or any kind of sub is not a sandwich even though literally everyone uses the english language as such?
just because you have some stick up your ass about burgers, something no one even refers to as sandwiches?
> Relabeling hamburgers as a type of sandwich is a marketing ploy by fast food chains
Seriously, what are you even talking about? Who is doing this?

>putting everything on the crease of the bread and folding it

the sign of a restaurant that not only doesn't give a fuck, but one that really doesn't know what they're doing. would send back to the kitchen.

>everyone uses the english language my way
American delusions of grandeur detected. You didn't even invent the language. You just raped it through two hundred years of being uneducated bush people and trailer dwellers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

>A hamburger (or cheeseburger when served with a slice of cheese) is a sandwich

>mfw uneducated bush people and trailer dwellers forced the "superior" english to give up their empire
>mfw uneducated bush people and trailer dwellers are the most powerful nation on earth

>burgers, something no one even refers to as sandwiches?
Do you even Freedom and Guns bro?

>tea sandwiches

can't beat cucumber when it comes to tea sandwiches. I could make a full meal of them.

Perfect sandwiches

monte cristo
BLT
cuban
reuban
philly cheesesteak
club
french dip
moons over my hammy (if that makes me a shill, I guess I'm a shill. It's the perfect breakfast sandwich)
thanksgiving leftovers sandwich

Arguing over which one is better than the other is a horrible argument to have. It's like arguing over which child you love more. There's nothing forcing you to pick one.

>mfw enlightened modern people gave up on colonialism
>mfw bush people and trailer dwellers still think that was a sign of their strength and not opponent civility
Please give the rest of the world a call when your teenage self-assertion phase is over so we can start taking you seriously.

I think I hit a nerve.

Stay mad, Britcuck

A bunch of puritans with muskets kicked the world's strongest military force's ass 69 ways to Sunday and have remained the world's strongest power since then. America is currently the only world superpower. Bongistan is a fucking joke considering they could not even keep the poo in loos or abos in line. It's a wonder they've managed to keep their own island this long without a rebellion.

>thinking brits aren't glad to have dumped that doomed continent well ahead of time
>imagining the massive cost of sorting out the clusterfuck that is the failed colony
Everyone knows the Canadians have superior quality of life, higher education and less crime. Why? Yeah, exactly...
Self governance worked out as well for the US subjects as it did central Africa.

Eat another burger "sandwich" to demonstrate your class and sophistication.

>Implying we didn't have a ton of help from European powers during the Revolution.
>Implying America was a major world power before the end of the Spanish-American War.
Okay.

What kind of overpriced hipster place does this?

>just fills you up

How many do you own?

Bruh. I live in Montana and it is so hard to find a good cubano. Lots of good burgers, tho

You, I like.

I think you're confusing the US and Australia. But please, by all means, continue to be an ignorant xenophobe.

Sorry guys, you're all wrong.

Hope you can take the disappointment that your weak little sandwiches will never live up to the greatest sandwich of all.

this right here

Best sandwich?

P A S T R A M I
A
S
T
R
A
M
I

I ate this once.

I didn't shit for 2 days.

definitely the most respectable ITT

Probably my personal fav

sorry not sorry

The Elvis
>Peanut Butter
>Banana
>Honey
>Grilled [optional]

Italian sub mmm

The Rue Royale

[Egg-fried Reuben]

Does not even look appetizing

>grilled

ruben or weck

>Roll
>Rare Roast Beef
>2 slices american cheese
>1 slice swiss cheese
>Mayonnaise
>Sriracha
>Shredded Lettuce

There is no better cold sandwich. Hot Pastrami on rye is the best hot sandwich.

Nah it's banh mi

Looking at all these sandwiches there is only one taste palette and thats fat and salty and heavy tasting

Banh mi combines that with the sweetness and saltiness of carrots, crispness of cucumbers and freshness of cilantro

Its just a perfect combination of texture (the chewy crispness of the bread, with the butteryness of pate/ham and crispness of vegetables) and flavors which all these sandwiches lack

banh mi is great except it cuts up the inside of your mouth

>sweetness and saltiness of carrots, crispness of cucumbers

You mean the rotten pickled taste that masks the natural, superior taste of those vegetables.

Vietnam is horrible.

the sourness of the pickling offsets the fattiness of the sandwich

thats why you put pickle shit into sandwiches

pickled carrots are great pleb