Sup, co/ck/s

Sup, co/ck/s.

I'm tired of eating shitty white bread. Can anyone suggest some good artesian bread?

Pic at best tangentially related.

Wonderbread WhoteWheat +Fibre

Seriously just look for anything with less than six ingredients.

If you can find something with a designation of "no yeast added" all the better.

Just get some yeast from your mums vag and make some thrush crust

Why no yeast?

Not no yeast, "no yeast added."

Yeast is in every breath you have taken since birth. Proper bread is fermented from the air in which it's made.

>muh spontaneous fermentation
Doesn't mean it's in any way better or more "authentic" than cultured yeast or sourdough, you shit-eating hipster.

Stop being retarded. There's nothing spontaneous about it. It's a much longer process and completely different than your non-hipster form of fermentation.

>There's nothing spontaneous about it.
It's literally the term for the fermentation you describe. My god, the pretentiousness and ignorance is painfull. You want to be all deliberate, aware and wordly, and beneath the shallow facade you're just an insecure twat in skinny jeans and paperback cultivation.

nigga, just eat my bread

>being an elitist about bread
>not actually knowing what the fuck you're talking about
Kill yourself

Why are there so many proudly ignorant stupids on Veeky Forums tonight?

Preheating for some naan, then soudough rye with sunflower seeds.

Pic was my last. White wheat and yeast. Doesn't keep long.

Ahh, wonderful naan with mint yogurt.
So good!

There's nothing elitist about making sourdough bread without added yeast.

>Doesn't keep long.
slice it up, bag it, and freeze it. problem solved.

I usually finish it in a few days. If not I keep the rest for bread crumbs.

I mix up a 1:1 dough with the starter and let it ferment overnight. Then I
add flour to it in the bread machine to lower the hydration, let it knead,
dump in bread pan it, then rise, then bake it.

Success. Smells wonderful.
This was a big one and I think I kept it in a bit too long out of fear it wouldn't be done in the center. Sounds great though. And the crust is crunchy but still good.

This was its predecessor.

>artesian bread

Goddammit.

It comes out of the ground naturally.

i buy dave's killer bread. usually get the "good seed" kind in the the yellow bag. its great for sandwiches and toast.

>implying ben franklin invented bread

I get that he was the God of Thunder who invented electricity, but don't be crediting people with stuff they had nothing to do with.

S O U R D O U G H

Didn't your history textbook tell you about how his experiments with lightning catapulted him into the distant past, where he gave the gift of bread to our shaggy, ape-like ancestors?

It's like you're not even trying.

Ezekiel 4:9 flax bread or any kind really

Beauty!

>artesian bread
You mean bread relating to a well bored perpendicularly into water-bearing strata lying at an angle, so that natural pressure produces a constant supply of water with little or no pumping?

on the topic of bread, why does so much store-bought whole-grain bread taste way too sweet? when I read the ingredients it doesn't have any artificial sweetener or even much (if any) sugar compared to white bread. but it has an unpleasant kind of sweetness to it. it's like if wheat and honey had a kid and that kid dipped its unwashed balls in the dough. it tastes gross and fights with the other flavours of the sandwich.

>constant supply of water
you mean constant supply of bread

Proper rye bread.

People believe whole grain means dark
Break factories color breads dark with caramelized sugars

Actual whole grain bread is more grey than dark brown

How do blended whiskeys get their amber hue?
How does microwave meat get a pattern from "grill bars"?
how do packaged soft waffles get darkened tips and edges?
It's burnt sugar, all of it.

then I guess I'll have to find a way to somehow bake my own bread without ending up with a raging case of thrush. sounds like that will involve more proofing time or something.

It is much easier than you seem to suspect.

Buy flour, quality organic whole wheat and rye shouldn't run you more than ¢25-¢50 per pound. You don't need leaven, it's in there already, you just have to coax it out (by feeding a sourdough starter for a few weeks).

The only other things you need is an oven that goes over 200°C / 400°F and a pizza stone for which you shouldn't pay more than $20. A large clay tile will do.

Of course there's a million ways to make it better, but a homemade bread is the most basic thing and a braindamaged bachelor with one arm could do it. Bread always tastes best fresh. You can't buy fresh bread any more today, at best you buy reheated prebaked industrial product, but it's breadlike at best.

Bread has 4 ingredients: flour, leaven, water, and salt. Any grease, sugars, stabilizers, aroma, and industrial enzymes are just there to make it stay in a plastic bag for 2-3 weeks without getting dry, squishy, moldy, or stale.

Having fresh sourdough rye for breakfast atm. Would recommend!

That shit is way too sweet, tastes like fucking cake.