Why do hipster faggots think these things are some kind of magic medicine that makes them automatically healthy...

Why do hipster faggots think these things are some kind of magic medicine that makes them automatically healthy? The body needs protein and fat to survive despite what Cameron Diaz wants you to think. The vegetable industry must be making millions off these retards.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty colours.

Because hipsters think animals are more important than people

Those specific vegetables, or vegetables in general?

Well, obviously I don't mean normal stuff like corn, but I better watch what I say because they'll probably turn corn into a meme too and we'll be paying $4 for an ear of "heritage" corn

Subtle bait, I like it. Let's see who gets butthurt.

>he fell for the 'cado meme

multi color alien dildos?

Because the pharmaceutical companies are trying to get you hooked on poisons that just treat diseases and don't cure them, man. People lived longer before modern medicine when they just scavaged in loincloths for vegetables. #420blazeit

Because people generally do not eat enough about pic related, and eat too much crap. Veggies fill you up and don't fatten you up.

>veggies fill you up
this is a false statement.
>veggies dont fatten you
also false.

>needing to post on an anonymous board to strengthen your insecurities about other people not doing that you do.

Stop drenching them in butter. 300 cal of veggies is a good meal. 300 cal of crap doesn't do shit.

What is with fat fucks and hating anyone who eats any vegetable? And acting smug about "hipsters" who are really just people who eat any plant.
They do and they're generally low in calories. You must be one of the idiots who thinks pizza is a vegetable.

This all comes down to hipsters Roleplaying cuisines.

Hipsters contrary to what they believe have less than zero creativity, in fact they're s vacuum for creativity spewing out exhausted cliches and tropes with every pointless thing they do.
So just as when the sit down to eat Japanese food, they in their mind create a fantasy that they are some historical shogun ready to kill ninjas, save peasants and fuck geishas with every bite.

With vegan food hipsters again take things too far by role playing being pretentious know all faggot vegan cocksuckers who never know how to shut their annoying fucking mouths and let others enjoy a meal.

It's not the hipsters fault, they just repeat what their environment presents them because they've never had an original thought ever exist in their mind, getting angry at them is like getting mad at your pet parrot when it calls you a cunt. It has no real idea what it's saying.

>he body needs protein and fat to survive
yes, we need them ...but

we dont need as much as many of us think

and both can be derived from plants

meat suplies both but ineficiant

dark green vegitables have more calcuim

beans, lentils, and dal have more proten

nuts, seeds, and avocados are better for you sources of fat

and most of the above do have fewer junk calories attached

I eat meat and like it, but im not about to lie to my self and think its healthier

Who cares. Even if it's placebo, at least there was still positive effect from placebo

>eight meals a day keep starvation away

I don't get it, are you trying to say you actually consume 2400 calories a day? Are you an athlete or just fat as shit?

>criticizing this planet's staple sustenance
wew

>Cameron Diaz

i think you mean Reese Witherspoon

2400 calories is a perfectly fine amount for a six foot male who isn't sat on his ass all day...

>eating corn at all

It's scientifically proven that veggies are healthy. Still, I don't think it's worth it to only eat that stuff all your life for maybe a 15% increase in lifespan.

You legitimately are not that smart.

That's probably on the low side for a working, adult male there boy. Workers in heavy physical labour might need to consume upwards of 4kkcal. Average daily need for an active male but not involved in heavy labour has been estimated at between 2700kcal (Dahl & Hjort 1976) and 2300kcal (Brown 1971).
Edumacation - you're welcome to it.

Its quality of life too

Not if I don't get to eat meat.

So chronic arthritis is traded off by eating mediocre meat?

How about an estimate calculated more recently than 30 years ago? Did you stop learning in the '80s?

>5'6 pencil pusher detected

You've never worked a physical job in your life, have you?

I used to do landscaping in the summers eating 3200+ calories a day and i'd usually lose 15-20lbs over 3 months.

>implying

Vegetables are good for you.

Vegetarians and Vegans have less health issues and live longer than people who eat meat.

Everything the meat and dairy industry is touting their products contain and are NEEDED by everybody can be found in vegetables, beans and seeds.

[Vegans need to have B12 supplemented though. ]

subtle as a sledgehammer

>How about an estimate calculated more recently than 30 years ago?
Why? What's changed in human biology since the eighties?

Confirmed from a sample of one.

I am a 6ft/183cm tall man.
I weigh 177,5lbs/80,5kg (put on 10lbs/4,5kg since the holidays, yikes, and have lost five of them so down to the current weight I just quoted you).
I'm only somewhat active.

I usually eat between 2100 and 2400kcal daily. How can 2400 be too much if I'm losing weight?

I would assume that user may think that it's not that human biology, nutrition or dietary needs have changed, but our understanding of it may have.

You absolutely do need fats and proteins or you will die.

You still need more carbohydrates than either protein or fat though... Also, only eating meat and no fiber puts you at a substantial risk for colon cancer, which is no good.

>still need more carbohydrates

Lots of people do that keto thing. and if they were all dropping dead I'm sure we'd hear about it.

They aren't healthy per se. But you do get a lot of volume into your stomach for what is essentially zero calories.

Your body is perfectly able to break proteins into carbohydrates when required.

please elaborate..

not being sarcastic. i just dont see how your body can break proteins down into sugars

It can't.
He's a troll and a retard.

>3200 calories a day
Are you an invalid? 8200 calories a day here
t. deep sea lumberjack

Bullshit

It kinda can, it kinda can't
Proteins are made out of aminoacids
And in terms of energy production siome aminoacids get turned into sugars, and some become keton-molecules.
Keton-molecules are mostly utilised in times of famine. They give little energy, are hard on your liver and kidneys, and if you have too much of them, they lover the pH of your blood, which usually means coma

Those are called weeaboos, little buddy

>Vegetarians and Vegans have less health issues and live longer than people who eat meat.
Nope

>some retards on tv starved their baby therefore a happy meal twice a day is a good idea
Veeky Forums ''''logic''''

my favorite kind of bait. Seriously tho, did mommy make you eat your broccoli? It must be why you seem so buttmad.

>Most of the longest lived populations with the lowest rates of terminal illness in the world consume meat
>Vegetarians and Vegans live longer than people that primarily consume meat via fast food so all meat eating is bad
Vegan """""logic"""""""

JESUS CHRIST HOW MUCH OF FLYOVER ARE YOU

how the fuck is it supposed to be obvious that you didn't mean corn? It's a fucking image of vegetables, why would I not assume you are talking about some vegetables and not others

Also most of the world finds these vegetables way more normal than shitty fucking corn jesus christ

So you're a manchild who hates vegetables?

Millennials are really odd.

They think life is like a video game and as long as you play with certain rules and never leave your parameters, it's a guarantee for a quality life.
The early 2000s kid generation heard a lot of fear mongering about fats and meats, so a lot of them reached for veggies while ingesting the same amount of carbs and sugars. Many modern vegans and vegetarians don't eat strictly "raw" so they're still ingesting shit like fried starches and sweets. A lot of them are developing diabetes, high blood cholesterol, and bad blood pressure the same as most fatties and can't figure out why.

I imagine it's cause for a lot of frustration.

>why would I not assume you are talking about some vegetables and not others

You didn't recognize that the pic was of specialty (e.g. Heirloom) veggies, and not normal supermarket stuff?

Veggies have a lot of good shit in them and they're low calorie. I eat tons of vegetables. I love them raw. Dat crunch.

>rich countries can afford indoor plumbing therefore MacDonald's is good for you
retard ''''logic''''

>there are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who think being born in 2000 is possible
Jesus Christ

they looks like vegetables we eat normally in europe (aside from the white aubergeines)

Wrong
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluconeogenesis

Vegetables are very good for you, so are moderate amounts of meat, eggs, dairy and wholegrains/starches. It's the refined grains, added sugar and processed garbage that will kill you

wow so now there are people on Veeky Forums who actually think vegetables aren't good for you

I can't say I'm surprised considering half the board is constantly about fast food but this is a new low even for you

going to Veeky Forums for food advice is like going to /v/ for game recommendations

can you even get any more contrarian?

>He doesn't know about Blue Zones
Vegan """""""education"""""""

I think you might be the one who doesn't know about blue zones because in almost all of those places the people living there have a mostly plant based diet

You mean attention seekers right?

The vast majority eat meat, disqualifying them from being considered vegetarian or vegan.

yes some of these peoples do eat meat on occasion but all of their diets are mostly plants

its not about "qualifying" as a vegetarian
eating mostly plants is the thing they all have in common thats linked to their longevity not the meat
just because they have a small amount of meat in their diet doesn't prove anything about meat being healthy it just proves that a little bit of meat doesn't completely ruin your health when basically everything else you do in your life is helping it

Irrelevant. the original claim was that vegetarians and vegans were healthier than meat eaters. Which is demonstrably false when you look at the Blue Zone populations. The quantity of meat was never up for discussion.

>I'm just going to throw reason and logic out the window because there's an imaginary conspiracy of vegans trying to take my hamburgers away
America intensifies

different user here, but are you the OP? did you actually start and maintain a vegetable hate thread?

you're just splitting hairs

I don't care about who claimed what

the point is plants are obviously healthier for humans than meat is

unless you wanna show me some populations that eat like 90% meat in their diets who live longer

You seem to be the one throwing reason and logic out the window in favor of snarky comments friend.
Unless you want to show me a group of people that have completely eschewed meat whilst living longer and succumbing to less disease than Blue Zone populations, than remains wrong.

No, I eat vegetables that I grow in my own garden every day.

you grow corn in your garden?

Corn isn't a vegetable, it's a grain.
I grow Tomatoes, Squash, Bell peppers, and Zucchini.

Yeah, the cut off for referencing studies is typically 10 years depending on the discipline, just something I learned at college, but you were saying something about "Edumacation"?

No one brought up vegans except you. Are you the same guy who came here in hysterics claiming that expiration dates on milk need to be encrypted? Seek help.

I linked in my post to the guy who brought up vegans. No I am not.

>there are people on Veeky Forums who think vegetables are a meme
Fuck all of you and fuck this board, you people are worse than Veeky Forums

dude all the boards are equally shit.
actually, /b/ might be the best board even though it has gone downhill for the last, what, 10 years?

It's part of a process called "natural selection". Let the problem take care of itself.

Vegetables are like magic medicine that make you automatically healthy, provided you eat a little meat now and then too, ofcourse.

>the cut off for referencing studies is typically 10 years depending on the discipline, just something I learned at college
Gooood goy. Gooood goy.

ITT: fat people justifying their fatness