So tell me, Veeky Forums, which animal you have never eaten would you want to eat the most?

So tell me, Veeky Forums, which animal you have never eaten would you want to eat the most?
For me it would be alpaca or any kind of large predator, like bears.

I'm vegan so none

a person

What kind of asshole eats bear?

Eagle

A gorilla.

Predators usually taste like shit. I'd like to try moose.

I have had alpaca, it was okay, but nothing special. I'd like to try sea urchin.

Carnivore meat is not really good, it's too gamey and strong.
Having said that, I have always wanted to try a seal?

A bull. I've been eating their women all my life but I can't help being a little curious about males.

I've heard this several times before, but I'm a little skeptical of it since I've had alligator and shark before, and I liked both of them quite a bit.

cuck

>eating carnivores

enjoy your intestine/blood parasites

My thoughts exactly

Kangaroo
Elephant

>which animal you have never eaten
Well shit.

my kinda person right here folks. this is the right answer

Kangaroo.

Didn't find a decent restaurant that served it during my stay in Perth.

I've had bear. I wouldn't reccomend it unless you're really after the novelty of it, it's not very good. Quite tough and extremely bitter and gamey.
Moose is delicious, not quite as good as elk IMO but very tasty and god damn the amount of meat you get off a moose is just insane.
Shark is one I'd love to try but I would have a hard time with it for ecological reasons.

And yes, before anyone asks I'm a Canadafag.

Bears are fucking terrible. No fat, all tough like rubber. Plus, you get like 200lbs of it and no butcher will take it
My grandfather almost had to shoot one because it kept getting close to the house. He didn't because you have to eat it

moral relativism, bruv

they're bretty tasty especially if all they've eaten is blueberries

bear fat is based too

They sell shark at the asian market near me; It looks like it would be pretty tasty. It's dark red and white. no idea how to cook it though. Probably tastes like ass since it's not mainstream though.

Just looked at pictures online, maybe that was shark fin meat cause most of the pictures look to be more whitish / pink. Which yes that is fucked up to eat a little bit .... they used to just cut the fins off and drop the shark back in the water where it would drown because it couldn't move any more. Not sure if that's still how it's done or not.

I'm in.

always handy

It's always sunny, season four episode one.

Dolphin.

I want to know if you can taste its thoughts.

Wild Boar
It always looked good on asterix

I've eaten ostrich, kangaroo, alpaca, wild boar, alligator, and reindeer

[spoiler]but only as jerky...[/spoiler]

>I want to know if you can taste its thoughts.

I've had shark several times. Seems that regardless of species, it tastes just like swordfish. Now, I've never had, say, great white or anything absolutely apex like that, mind you, but smaller sharks. The most common two I've eaten are Mediterranean dogfish and Mediterranean groundshark (I'm from the Med). This was before the Med dogfish was put on the red list, so plz no bully.

The last shark I had was last summer, some unidentified species or other. I live in the US now and bought it from a local supermarket, Shoprite, a nice, large piece of shark loin. Set me back just over twenty dollaridoos. I roasted the loin to rare then put it into a plastic bag with a parsleyed citronette dressing to let it rest and reach medium-rare as it absorbed delicious dressing.
Was good.

>Having said that, I have always wanted to try a seal?
I don't know, have you?

There is a great restaurant in sony centre Berlin that serves kangaroo, aligator, emu and some other Austrian fauna.

Thats a shame, kangaroo cooked correctly is really great.

dont eat too many sea animals at the top of the food chain like sharks, swordfish or whales

they have rather large amounts of heavy metals like lead in them

Something long extinct but preserved in ice

Giant Tortoise

A hippo, I've read that they wanted to farm it at some point in USA but never did.

Second for wild boar. They're eveywhere here and I want them to taste good, it would mean unlimited food once I move to the countryside.

I'd love to eat a fillay min yawn, i guess their so expensive cause they grow in france and are endangered.

user come to germany .. or .. im pretty sure you get the meat anywhere in europe.

I'm told their paw I'd very tasty if the bear eats a lot of honey

Giraffe, lion, tiger, gorilla(or chimp), or a blue whale

Snake and kangaroo

Sounds like BS to me. The point of bear paw as a dish is that it has a gelatinous texture that Asians like, it's in the same vein as shark's fin or swallow's nest.

The idea that a bear's paw would taste like honey because the bear was using it to eat honey is silly.

T H I S

I absolutely would

Rabbit. I've never tried it before, seems like it'd be good. Also croc/gator

sloth
>literally sleep all day
Would be tender as fuck

I can give you a human sausage to suck on

There is something wrong with you?

I want to try a fresh haggis.
Too bad none of them live in my country.

Rabbit sucks. Awful. Grassy and shitty. I wish I had words

Not like honey, just that the meat is sweeter.

I don't know man, it's just some chinese folkstory shit.

>Too bad none of them live in my country.

Do you live in Antartica or something? Haggis live on basically every nation on earth.

I want to eat a penguin.

I was going to club one at the zoo at night last year but decided against it. In sure if I got caught it would make the news and I would be publically shamed.

Do people eat kangaroos?

Yes, it's quite common. You can buy 'roo meat in the supermarket in Austrailia

Panda.
Lots of people. Especially hunters.
Bears are not carnivores. They are omnivores and their main diet is fish and berries.
Why wouldn't they?

thats legit, ill have to go look for it at the korean mart sometime. I fell some really ultimate rare foods would be predators simply bc its more difficult to catch, I would totally go on one of those african trips hunting a lion that got to close to the village

150 year old meat my be kind bland? good thinking though madagascarhere i come

Charles Darwin said it was the most delicious meat he had ever tasted. Better than Chicken, Beef or Pork.

Alligator or crocodile

Seal, walrus maybe even whale

Puffer fish

Any mediumish mammals like armadillos, porcupines, ant eaters etc.
maybe even shit like zebra or wildabeast

Basically anything that isn't a dog or cat

You can buy puffer fish as the store

Snek. It is said to taste like chicken

It doesn't. It really doesn't taste like anything much.

Same with shark fin. Fin is almost entirely flavourless, it's the worst part of the shark. That's why it's so fucking stupid that they're hunted for their fins.

Generally most reptiles are pretty bland.

the point of shark fin is not the flavor, but the TEXTURE. That sort of gelatinous texture is a big deal in Asian cuisine but isn't very popular elsewhere.

Which can be replicated with gelatin without having to kill sharks and throw away 99% of the meat.

Seriously, why would you kill a 400lbs animal and only use the worst parts? That's just wasteful and unsustainable considering how slowly sharks reproduce.

I wasn't arguing that it was not wasteful, I was simply pointing out the motivation of the dish.

It's not "the worst part" to the people who appreciate that texture. Quite the opposite, really.

>>Seriously, why would you kill a 400lbs animal and only use the worst parts?
Because people have limited space on fishing boats, and the fins sell for 100x what the rest of the meat sells for. Simple economics, user.

>>wasteful and unsustainable
I agree. But the motivations are pretty clear.

Most people ITT wishing they could try predator meat don't know what they're in for. Meat from carnivores tastes worse than herbivore meat, and is quite bad for you due to bio-accumulation. I tried shark once and I wasn't impressed. I refuse to try any land carnivore meat, even for the novelty.

That said, I've always wanted to try reindeer. I would love sauteed reindeer meat with lingonberries, potatoes, and lots of red wine to wash it down.

fuck yeah, with bears you'd get all the omega 3s from the fish they eat.

i want to try some kind of bird though because i love poultry. like fucking penguin or some shit. again, should be pretty healthy from all the fish (inb4 mercury poisoning, if the fish have enough selenium you're good)

i've been to a few places that serve alligator, but not like slabs of meat. i tried alligator toasted raviolo though. breddy gud.