Ham and Cheese

What is the best sauce to use on a ham and cheese sandwich?

Mayonaisse and mustard.

is this bait? why would you ruin a good sandwich like that with sauce? A little bit of butter is all you should have in this

Dave's on most, if not all, sandwiches.

Sriracha. No, I'm not kidding.

Mix together (to your taste) mayo, whole grain mustard, minced pickles (or olives), minced scallions, and hot sauce (your choice). Spread on or in between the ham and cheese and enjoy.

honey dijon

Quinky sauce

Farm fresh smegma.

Mayo and Dijon Mustard

No sauce nigger, just butter.

ketchup

FPBP

That one herb sauce that they used to include with Lunchables a long long time ago. Shit was dope

that's a greggs ham and cheese baguette

>ham and cheese sandwich
>sauce

No.
You butter the bread, you MAYBE spread a little mustard on top, but that's it.
Also, that's a baguette.

Mayo and Dijon mustard.

>also, that's a baguette

What's your point? A good baguette makes the best sandwich bread.

Dijon or stone-ground mustard

To all the people saying "NO, JUST BUTTER", yeah, fuck off.
The condiments totally depend on the quality of the meat and cheese. The only way just butter is acceptable is if OP were using flavorful, good quality ham and a nutty, creamy cheese. If he's using a more generic style of ham, and just a hard cheddar or other hard cheese, mustard is most certainly on the table (pun intended), as are several other condiments.

Pic related or some kind of chutney or lime pickle.

Just use fancier butter, don't wanna mask the taste of meat and cheese. I'd slice some cucumber and tomato in there.

Mayo, mustard and some pickles ffs

A light mayo spread on top for texture, and some honey mustard on the bottom

A small drizzle of oil is the only acceptable answer

Horseradish

What the fuck, its all about the god damn Croque Madam. Smoked ham, gruyere cheese, french bread, god damn mornay sauce (thats hot as balls cheese sauce to you laymen fucks). butter the bread and cook like a grill cheese, then smother the top of the sandwhich with even more fuck hot as balls cheese sauce, and broil in the oven, top this french behemoth with a sunny side egg and man the fuck up buttercup cause this sandwich is here to kick your ass, and leave you with crippling cholesteral

Fry Sauce

I wanted to ask, is this considered weird outside of America? I am american and sometimes I butter the bread on my sandwiches (just a thin layer). Most of the people I know think its a bit odd, but to me it doesn't seem any more peculiar than using mayo.
So is there any place in the world where my sandwich preference is normal?

I butter and toast any bread l use: sandwhich, grilled cheese, etc

Where are you from?

pic caught me off guard

many laffs were had mate, cheers

That pic is glorious. Anyway, butter is more standard than mayo in the rest of the world.

Really? So I'm not weird? Can others confirm this?

Only weird in America. Normal in the rest of the world. I have no clue how mayo became the standard fat for sandwiches here. Maybe it's that it keeps better and is cheaper.

hot mustard

>ctrl+f mornay not found

"stuff from chicken > stuff from cow"
-an interpretation of a possible thing.