Strain out

>strain out
>peel
Why do people like wasting food and fibre so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who said anything about throwing anything out? Just because you peel or strain something doesn't mean that you can't use the leftovers in something different. E.g. save peelings for making stock.

>recipes says to peel the potatoes

Not in this house, motherfucker.

But if it's not organic then those skins are full of nasty stuff.Peel them.

obviously texture
sometimes you dont want the skin on your carrots, and you definitely never want to chew on onion skin.

Leaving skin on ruins the texture.

>not peeling the wax skins off an apple

How many of you actually shit candles?

>strain out the veg from the stock to use later for making a stock
WAT

>mirepoix
>proportions are all off

The using things for stock was an example bro. It wasn't the literal solution for all leftovers and extras.

But since you asked, you can indeed make stock from it again, it's called "remouillage".

...though I would suggest other uses, like adding to mashed potatoes or croquettes, use to thicken stews or sauces.

>preferring fecal matter as fertilizer
Organic produce has been linked to way more food-borne illness than non-organic, and you fucking know it.

You know there's dozens of recipes for mirepoix right?

No, there's one recipe, and that's the one I use.

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I'd love to hear more about this. Every cookbook I have read (and there are many) define it as a 2:1:1 ratio in favor of the onions.

This. Wash and peel vegetables before eating. Then the peels go off to compost to produce more vegetables.

Any sauce for that?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but you can easily look up the information on recalls from the website of your country's government.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/httpblogsscientificamericancomscience-sushi20110718mythbusting-101-organic-farming-conventional-agriculture/

talking out of your ass 101

>the wax skins off an apple
How many of you actually shit memes?

and what if the dish could use less onion

what do you do then? give up and cry?

the thing is, the 2:1:1 ratio pretty much ensures that all three flavors are balanced. I highly doubt you'll find the onion flavor overpowering in a traditional mirepoix.

there's obviously a reason why it has a prescribed/conventional ratio but that doesn't mean it came to us on a fucking stone tablet.

I'm sure the guy taking the stock photo really gives a shit about 2:1:1

>I only eat organic because regular produce is covered in chemicals.

I know this is a shitpost but damn, nobody wants to spray expensive herb/pesticides onto the crop itself, that is not the goal.

oh yes, heavens forbid I even think about peeling this bad boy