There are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who defend the concept of paying to cook your own meat

>There are people on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW who defend the concept of paying to cook your own meat
>There are people who fell for the yakiniku/korean bbq meme
>People literally, LITERALLY, pay money out of their own pocket to lazy ""restaurants"" to cook for themselves and do exactly the same thing they could have done at home for a fraction of the price

lmao

I actually do this at home with my family, it can be a pain in the ass but its fun

>what is paying for an experience

How is a table with a barbecue cheaper than a restaurant?

Also, good luck preparing the meat and all the sides in less time than it takes to order at a restaurant.

You pay for the prep and ingredients

It's like the buttholes who use the self checkout. You ain't that important or busy. Make those cashiers earn their paycheck, they're on the clock. I want to stand there and have some me time, and maybe day dream for a minute while all my shit is being handled and bagged and put into my cart. I've already swiped my card and inputted the shit. bliss

Paying for the experience is one thing when it comes to nice restaurants, but why would anyone pay for the trouble? Are they so stingy they didn't even hire a chef?

And also, in what way is eating at a rackety and cramped asian restaurant a experience worth remembering, let alone cooking at such a place, and actually paying to do so?

This is something only stupid hipsters and asian people who just can't get enough work defend.

>It's like the buttholes who use the self checkout. You ain't that important or busy
I don't want people judging my cart of frozen meals for one and mac n cheese boxes. Is that so wrong?

all the korean bbqs ive gone to have been all you can eat and are like $15

and all they serve you is meat

it's a lot superior to over all you can eat places as far as i'm concerned.

I use condoms with that performance enhancing lube inside, why would I want teh cashier to see that?

Why would you care?

I don't want a teenager to laugh at me in public

aren't you paying to cook your own meat every time you buy meat at the butcher?

The difference is the butcher won't charge you for service etc.

Yes, thats the point. You don't need to pay a premium for it.

yes, because he's not providing you the service of bringing your meat sliced and marinated straight to your grill. you are only being charged for service at kbbq because you're receiving one.

what. my butcher has a tip jar and a tip prompt for the debit machine.

Do you not order salad because it doesn't need cooking?

>korean bbqs ive gone to have been all you can eat
this, they give you sides and keep bringing you meat if you finish what you have

There's a Japanese place I enjoy going to that has one of these things. There servers are there to help you cook it and attend your every need and the meat range they offer is some of the best quality I have eaten.

You usually get a Banquet when you do there however, half of the meals are "do it yourself" other lot is from the chef.

At the end of the day when I go out I want to be having something I dont have at home, I dont have this experience at home, it stops being "just cooking" and is more of a social event.

Americans, everyone! Thank you and have a safe drive home.

>Make those cashiers earn their paycheck
no, I would rather their position get phased out entirely which will lower the cost of my groceries since the store has less payroll to deal with

>Chinks like paying extra for no service
kek

I am too autistic to deal with cashiers. If it wasn't for those automated machines I could never go to the grocery store.

Apparently chilli's is starting to have automated tables without servers maybe I can go out to eat there. I hear its a pretty good restaurant.

>one-time price for unlimited meat and sides
I don't see a problem

Alright OP, you can tell us. Who took the jelly out of your donut?

who serves the food?

Shabu Shabu does the same shit, you get raw meat and cook it in hot soup and shit.

they still have waiters, you can only reorder drinks, dessert, and pay the check on the kiosks
the waiters are still present to try and up sell you

Bbq places I've been to have old ladies that hover around and babysit your grill even if you don't need help.

Also, with the cost of maintaining all those individual grills, ventilation system, and other shit behind the scenes, calling these types of places "lazy" is hardly fair.

>any savings will go to the customer

I have a good time at Korean BBQ when I have ample time to eat. It is a very fun social experience, and the food is extremely fresh and you can cook it exactly to your liking. I also like shabu shabu for this reason as well. Also, you get A LOT of food for $15 or less, endless meat and banchan.

Maybe OP is salty because this isn't an activity for when you're alone. Typically many restaurants make sure you're ordering at least 2 servings before serving it.

Also, at least in the USA, if you seem to be having a rough time cooking it, one of the restaurant staff will come over and basically do it for you.

I would spent too much and have to buy too large a quantity of different meats to have the same meal at home. Also I like beef tongues and intestines which I can't buy easily locally.

That and what others have stated, the experience. It's a fun date night.

>Implying I go to Korean Barbecue for the meat
>Implying I don't go for the amazing side dishes
Kill yourself my man

Okay, then they're a stupid, silly gimmick that tries to justify its wasteful and backwards practices by saying "well if you didn't come here you would go some other place"

This is exactly the sort of thing you should be going to restaurants for. It's social, requires special equipment, and a lot of tedious preparation. It's less justifiable to go to a restaurant for a sandwich or pasta.

>all these people justifying paying more just to be "social"
NORMIES OUT
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE VARIETY

No fuck you, I don't want to have to talk to someone

>implying throwing the meat on a grill is the difficult/expensive part of making an expansive meal (complete with numerous side-dishes).

It's also one of the most fun parts, desu sempai