Preservative-Free McNuggets

usnews.com/news/business/articles/2016-04-27/mcdonalds-testing-mcnugget-recipe-without-preservatives
>NEW YORK (AP) — McDonald's is testing Chicken McNuggets with no artificial preservatives as it works to revive its U.S. business.

>The world's biggest hamburger chain says it began testing the new recipe in about 140 stores in Oregon and Washington in March. It's the latest move by McDonald's to step up the quality of its food as it works to stage a turnaround of its business, which has lost customers in recent years.

>Last week, it also said it is testing a version of its Big Mac that comes with bigger patties.

>McDonald's did not provide details on what exactly is different about the new McNugget recipe, but said it is "simpler" and "parents can feel good" about it. As people have paid closer attention to food labels, companies across the food and beverage industry have tweaked recipes to remove ingredients that may be unfamiliar and unappetizing.

>Last year, for instance, McDonald's tweaked its grilled chicken recipe to remove ingredients people might not recognize. That change removed sodium phosphates, which McDonald's said was to keep chicken moist, in favor of vegetable starch. Maltodextrin, which it said was used to increase browning, was also removed.

>McDonald's says it plans to start using chicken raised without antibiotics important to human medicine and milk from cows that are not treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST. Make Smart Choices at Fast Food Restaurants. Chicken McNuggets currently contain a long list of ingredients, according to the McDonald's website, including sodium phosphates. McNuggets are delivered to stores frozen.

>McDonald's did not provide details on what exactly is different about the new McNugget recipe, but said it is "simpler" and "parents can feel good" about it
But will anyone believe them?

>But will anyone believe them?
15-20 years ago i would say no, but now you can easily debunk the stupid things people would say about them like their food is made from worms, they never change the oil, etc.

if it tastes good is a better question, someone gave me some chicken nuggets from mcdonald's once and they were just so bland.

>Last week, it also said it is testing a version of its Big Mac that comes with bigger patties.

Oh boy, so they'll have an $8 burger on the menu?

Their chicken selects failed hard, why do they think all natural organic nuggers will do well?

>parents can feel good about feeding their kids fattening, heart clogging, carcinogenic abused grinded up chickens

?????

fucking this. whoever falls for this shit should immediately an hero

do you think mcdonald's will sell food made from cultured meat if it gets cheaper?

McD business shenanigans never stop being hilarious.

I was GM at a Dallas McDonalds about 6 years ago, and good friends with a few area managers. This was right around the tipping point when quarterly profits started going negative.

McD corporate is severely disconnected from the customers. Every meeting, every visit, every email they were pushing certain things hard as fuck, but always the stuff customers don't care about.
>everyone needs to smile more!
>we're putting the soda fountain behind the counter for that "old-fashioned" feel, even though it slows us down
>make sure to have the bag out the window and be smiling after they pay
>here's 30 different ways to skimp a customer, these are all mandatory
>oh this really hard-working employee might be a pothead? fire him immediately
>oh this really lazy mexican is having a 4th kid? give her more hours before paternity leave
>the majority of our customers are poor teenagers and blacks........but lets keep trying to appeal to yuppy soccer moms
>we want the starbucks crowd

I could go on and on. I was there for 2 years, through 2 different franchises and eventually corporate owned. Every meeting was a different group of guys in suits, each one more detached from reality than the last. They all think they're the next Steve Jobs and only worry about the company's image.

They never could figure out why the taco trucks/stands did more business. I guess "good food at cheap prices" wasn't taught in business school.

>>we want the starbucks crowd
Wow. Corporate is smoking crack.

>>the majority of our customers are poor teenagers and blacks........but lets keep trying to appeal to yuppy soccer moms

that one actually makes sense. broadening the appeal of your brand to different demographics is a great way to increase your customer base.

Well, in a way thats not dumb. Starbucks sells "coffee" for $4 to white people with disposable income who make a purchase 5 or more times a week. Any business would love idiots too lazy to do menial labor like starting a drip coffee maker and adding milk and sell it at a 600% markup.

How the fuck am I going to base my prepping around long term storage of mcnuggets now?!?!?

Also, if you can shift your consumer base from people who don't have money to spend, and onto a group with nothing but disposable income, you stand to reap better profits, cleaner restaurant areas, and an all around better atmosphere.

million dollar idea sell the fucking toys at walmart, it can be old toys that you never shipped

I guess that is a move in the right direction but there is a whole lot more poisonous shit you're going to have to somehow siphon out before people will start eating there.

I really don't like their McNuggets. They are the worse tasting thing imaginable. I know the food is bad for you though, but fuck if it their fries aren't amazing.

I ate McDonalds a few days ago. I felt my inards immediately go into a state of rebellion and decay. The product is vile, I didn't want to eat at all that day afterwards, not because I was full, but because I felt sick. All shit licking corps like them deserve to burn.

Fries are pretty much the only reason why I'd go to McDonalds. Either I get fries with Hi-C Orange or fries with a side of cheeseburger and Hi-C Orange.

Makes sense. They're par-fried at a factory and then flash frozen, so there's absolutely no need for preservatives.

But then why even bother putting them in the happy meal in the first place? Half of the reason they are so popular among st kids is because they use a "collect em all" approach. If the toys can just be bought then mcdonalds misses out on selling more happy meals to naggy kids who want the "whole set" of toys.

You can buy the toys without food.

See a doctor.

regardless, keeps people going to mcdonalds and not walmart.

>But will anyone believe them?

why wouldn't they?
you really think such a huge company stands to gain more from outright lying to their customers about something like this?
I mean if the recipe actually is made simpler don't you think it would cost them less or at the very least not more than it does now?

and you think people won't know right away if the Mcnuggets change by eating them?

Parents won't care either way though
good ones wouldn't feed their kids chicken mcnuggets anyway and bad ones already didn't care if their kids eat unhealthy

Yeah but that had nothing to do with the reality of public perception. Taco bell does well cause they know their customer base is young stoners with not much money and that cater to that, McDonald's has forgotten what it's niche was

The question is, when I put it in my mouth now, will I still immediately think "why did I eat that?"

That's a pretty normal reaction to eating shit like that. I rarely eat out and when I do I usually feel like shit for the next couple days. That stuff is like poison to the body.

this made me chuckle too.
It's sad to think some landwhales will fall for this shit.

PR rebranding move, who cares. McDonalds is firmly established as shit food you get drunk in the middle of the night, and nothing will change this.

>I don't understand economics: The Post
Food service can be thought of as a pyramid, with the largest number of people willing to spend minimal money on the cheapest/shittiest alternative (the base). Move up the price pyramid and the number of people willing to pay for higher quality food at a higher price decreases because income is the biggest determinant of diet. McD's fucked up by trying to capture the Panera market when their entire existence for the last several decades has been appealing to picky fucks, poor people, and people who don't give a fug about health if they can get it dirt cheap. This kills the existing corporate/franchise structure

Not him, but you're confusing normal goods and inferior goods. McDs is an inferior good in the sense that when an individuals income increases, they buy less of that item, ceterus paribus.

A normal good is when an individuals income increases, they buy more of it. Going back to the previous example of starbucks, when you're a brokedick basketball american, you're not buy a $6 mocha frappiatto with soymilk, you're buying a mcdouble with a handful of coins. But as Jamal gets more money through stealing, he might eat less mcdonalds. At the very least, he'll eat fewer mcdoubles and get the combo meals because he has more disposable income to spend.

You're right in that mcdonalds is aiming too high trying to get a higher class of customers, they can't go from dollar menu to $15 meals without catastrophic losses of business. Other venues are seeing this and capitalizing on it; wendys and carls rolled out the 4 for $4 meal which is blowing mcdonalds $1.50 menu out of the waters.

McDonalds manager here

Can tell you it will be effect nationwide within a few weeks here (depending on how much of the "old" nuggets are left over)

I can also spoil some news too, salad blend will not include a red leaf lettuce and carrots again, and we will begin to use clarified butter instead of olive oil on our grills.

If it matters, our folded eggs will not but nothing but egg and milk, no more sodium bicarbonate either ( like fucking that was an issue anyway)

now include, not not.

Aren't the salads a really low selling item?

>Taco bell
They pander so directly to my demographic it's a little frightening.

that hi-c orange is godly. nothing like being hung over as fuck and pounding a large.

I mean I guess so.

I work in a high volume store and on average we sell a few hundred pounds worth of salad blend per week.

about 40 or so per day.

I would say the main reason is that they aren't really a one handed item like sandwiches or fries, so they dont work for people "on the go"