Where I live you can't buy Cajun seasoning. I'm trying to make jambalaya from this recipe:

Where I live you can't buy Cajun seasoning. I'm trying to make jambalaya from this recipe: bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya

What do I do when it calls for 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning?

Other urls found in this thread:

nolacuisine.com/2005/08/03/chicken-andouille-sausage-jambalaya-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Paprika, little bit of chilli powder, salt, pepper, tiny bit of cumin, oregano

Just make it yourself.

Google image search "tony chachere's ingredients".

That's probably the most common brand of "cajun seasoning" in the world.

you forgot file and cayenne bruh

Oh shit I did that's a big fuckup

You can't get chilli powder or oregano where I live.

No cayenne pepper either.

The majority of the ingredients are impossible to buy where I live.

so hold off on the jambalaya and order some cajun seasoning or the ingredients for it from amazon or some shit

Just use what you can. The sausage should be flavorful enough.

Where the fuck do you live that you can't buy oregano?

Holy fuck, where do you live that you can't get chili powder or cayenne?

>You can't get chilli powder or oregano where I live.
>No cayenne pepper either.

youre fucked. cayenne is the most important part of the taste of cajun food. you could try jalapeƱos maybe

A medium sized town (500,000 people) in Russia.

What spices do they have?

Cumin, paprika, cinnamon. I'm not sure about the rest. No fresh herbs other than parsley, unless you grow them yourself.

internet shopping is your friend my friend

You're right, I'll do this and just add some paprika, salt and cumin. Should be enough.

Dried organo would be fine.. You have spicy paprika? Any dried chilli's? Or any red pepper?

You have andouille sausage tho right?

SERIOUSLY THIS OP

So grow some yourself. Most herbs are stupid easy to grow with minimal effort.

why are you trying to make a Cajun dish from a British website? Are you going for authenticity then why not find one from a Cajun?

I've always had good results from bbcgoodfood, and always bad results from american recipes.

5 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder

No!
No cumin!
WTF?!
Why would you put cumin in it?!
Don't do that.
It's not taco seasoning.

Well, sounds like user error to me.
Here:
nolacuisine.com/2005/08/03/chicken-andouille-sausage-jambalaya-recipe/

No, it's because I don't want your disgusting mac and cheese and mayonnaise jambalaya, I want normal jambalaya.

But that IS "normal" jamb ala ya.

I'm sure that recipe managed to sneak a cup of mayonnaise in somewhere hidden. You Americans even put mayonnaise in your cakes.

>I dont like Jambalaya from the US

Seriously though, most recipes I have seen are half assed "make it easy" bullshit. The real secret is in developing the flavors. Make your own roux and fucking do it properly. Cook the trinity in fat until it starts to caramelize, then add just enough broth to cover it, boil the broth down until its gone and the trinity is browning again, then add the second batch of broth in a much larger amount flavor it and then add the rice later. Oh yeah, and all that sticky stuff that builds up on the bottom and on the sides of the pan as the fluid in reduced? Scrape the shit out of that as it forms and reincorporate it into the liquid you keep you faggot.

Yankees use mayo, no one south of the mason dixon line uses that shit. Its Miracle Whip all the way.