Is there anything unique in particular you guys buy from Costco? Not just like "meat" or "bulk milk" or whatever...

Is there anything unique in particular you guys buy from Costco? Not just like "meat" or "bulk milk" or whatever, but like actual unique items that you can pretty much only find at Costco

Other urls found in this thread:

acmesmokedfish.com/sites/default/files/styles/uc_product/public/BHB_2lbWFSalad_0.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dat mango salsa you dumb jew

Thats some good shit

1,000 rolls of toilet paper.

You mean Kirkland brand stuff?

Yeah there's a few things, but for the wierdest reason I can't remember what now

Not specifically, I mean like if there are unique things to costco

all people seem to say is just "meat" because their meat is a decent price for good quality but you have to spend a ton on it

i'm planning to go this weekend and would like to look for some cool unique things, not just your regular "hurr buy in bulk"

Well at least in my city, they sell certain cuts of meat that none of the other store carries, even the butcher shops here don't carry them

Name one thing you can get for $10 that's more filling and tastier than a Costco food court pizza.

Pro tip: you can't.

They sell a knock off Callaway branded full bag that's alright for what it is.

I miss this.
There's no nearby costcos :(

It's decent for its price

Their food court is good quality tasty food for goid prices. 1.50'for a big beef hot dog and soda. The ice cream is good.
Tbe pizza USE to be good, idk what they did but its less pizzeria and more oven pizzaish. Its ok for the price tho.

Thats about as authentic as salmon fish tacos

Disgusting crust.

their muffins are godlike
probably some of their snack shits like dark choc biscotti and what not that i've never seen anywhere else
their hot dogs are p good, and pizza is decent, better than most chain pizzas

Muffins are so dope but they make you buy two cases which is way too much

I used to think that 8-pack of spaghetti was a sick deal, then I went to wal-mart and found out that it was cheaper there.

Yeah, I admit it's not great, but I shamelessly still crave the fuck out of it every now and then.

>authenticity meme
who gives a fuck

wannabe elitists on Veeky Forums

bump bitch

I think Calphalon has (or had) a set of professional cookware you can only get at Costco.

I'd have to go with the frozen foods section. every now and then you find a gem. There was an asian fried chicken that was practically a karaage chicken which tasted amazing fried or microwave if you were lazy. Typically only at costcos with more asians in surrounding areas though.
>tfw couldn't find it online

Too doughy and not a crisp at all to it.

I like that I can get a big bag of pre-washed spinach leaves for $2.99.

At regular grocery stores, I'd get small bunches of spinach, stems intact and dirt unwashed, for about $1.70.

I also bought this CleverMade crate for really cheap.

Kirkland bourbon and vodka.

Bulk Roasted Seaweed weab food
Cave Aged Cheddar(Good luck finding it anywhere else)

Kirkland merino wool socks.

"Salsa" is just the Spanish word for "Sauce."

user bought some mango sauce at Costco. What's so wrong about that?

luisa's 7 layer mexican dip or something like that

kek i have a shitload of socks from there

Their rum is good too

I work at Costco. AMA

Question: Why aren't you doing this on Reddit instead?

Reddit is more of a Sam's Club type of place.

I answer your question with this
Also, I was already here. This was more toward OP, but I got answers.

Have you ever been asked by a customer if you had more stuff "in the back"?

That's a commonly asked question in other retail settings, and even then it's considered stupid over there. I can't imagine how much stupider it sounds at Costco, where the entire store *is* the back.

All the time. "The back" is the loading dock and there are pallets stacked to the ceiling back there. Most of the time, if we don't have hundreds of something, it's on the floor.

Tequila, garlic, and onions. Can you get onions elsewhere? Sure, but the other places I go most of them will look like shit. There's no way I'll eat a 10-lb bag on my own so I'll caramelize half of them and chuck 'em in the freezer.

Also, if anyone has any reservations about Kirkland Signature alcohol, buy it. It's waaaaaaaay cheaper and it is made by whatever name brand company the bottle closest resembles.

>tfw not in burgerland so no discount liquor

>discount liquor

Taxed to hell. If you don't believe this you've never been in a shopping center in a military base (where there are no taxes applied to goods)

their power mix edamame shit
black bean angel hair pasta
fruit and nut mix
kirkland moisture shampoo and conditioner
aussie bites

smoked fish salad, its like 12 bucks and its in a white bucket.

acmesmokedfish.com/sites/default/files/styles/uc_product/public/BHB_2lbWFSalad_0.jpg

got the pic

Kirkland laundry soap

Costco here doesn't sell liquor. Feels bad, man

But polish sausage is a good deal

I've never so badly wanted to be a shitty hot dog

Freeze one

Hourly wage? Position?

Their toasted seaweed snacks are great

Chicken salad. O and a chicken bake on the way out

I know this must exist somewhere else but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Why the fuck are they going to stop accepting American Express? That's the only credit card I own.

At sam's club you can get a dozen hoagie rolls for 5 bucks that are baked fresh in store. Can't get that shit anywhere else.

They had a dispute with them over starting a Costco branded credit card. American Express wanted to charge too high of fees for customer, so Costco ended up going with Citi.

>Competition Briquets
>Competition
The fuck?

snap peas snacks. pretty tasty. only 100 calories per serving with 4g of protein. buy a bulk box and have them with sandwiches or as a snack

Chef Adelle's chicken apple sausage.

Their baked goods are cheap and decent.

The Kirkland individually packaged frozen chicken breasts.

I'll try it. Thanks.

Not good related but I'm a /p/ filmfag and their processing rates I hear are lower than even Walmarts while some still doing them in-store.

Costco here. Been at work all day. I pretty much work wherever they need me to because I've been trained in so many departments. I make $22.50/hr regular and $33.75 on Sundays.

Costco here. Get the costco Citi Visa. We split with Amex because they wanted to raise their interest rate and we said "fuck that." They said "fuck you" and on the interest of getting you a better deal we cut ties. The Costco Citi Visa had better cash back than the Amex. It's 4% back on gas, 3% on travel and restaurants, 2% at Costco (stack that with your executive membership and it's 4% total) and 1% everywhere else. It's legit.

Also, we're taking all Visa cards starting June 20, so if you find another one that you like better, you can use that one. Also, who ONLY has Amex? Not everyone accepts it. I guess only places worth shopping do, but that's not the point. At least get a backup Visa, until June, we're like the only ones that don't take it.

How do you get it? Through Costco?

You'd think any Visa should work. It's not like Citibank is the only one handing them out.

You have to be a costco member (which I assume you are). We just started keeping applications on the registers at our warehouse. If it's not there, ask the membership desk or apply online. If you already have a Costco Amex, Cities is doing all the work for you and you should get the new one in the mail this month.

Yo, how much could I expect to save on Costco Auto Insurance compare to others??

How likely to work for Costco w/out working from the cashier/clerk position up??

Sweet. Thanks.

Costco isn't actually that cheap. For services, they're just averaged priced. You can find better if you look yourself.

You can use any Visa, but since ours is co-branded with Citi, we reserve the right to only accept ours. Obviously that would be a stupid move so we are accepting all visas.

Check online. I know some of our services aren't that good of a deal, but apparently you save a lot more if you're an executive member.

Jesus Christ. Do you need a college degree to work at Costco?

I say "apparently" because I've never used them. If you use any water service for water, if you get Alhambra through us, it's $1/mo to rent the cooler and $15/mo for the water. I'm not sure how much water, but of you're paying for a water service, it's worth it to switch.

Nope. All of our raises are based on hours worked. I started at $10/hr. If you work part time for 5-6 years you top out AND you get two bonus checks a year.

Kirkland icecream
Kirkland garbage bags
Kirkland lasagna
Kirkland Chicken Alfredo
Kirkland sausages
Kirkland creamer
Kirkland cookies
Kirkland muffins
Kirkland cheesecake
Kirkland Parmesan cheese
Kirkland detergent
Kirkland frozen pizza 4 pack
Kirkland rotisserie chicken

Costco here. I was actually thinking about Kirkland stuff today while I was stocking out dryer sheets of all things. $9.99 for 320 Bounce sheets and $9.79 for 500 Kirkland. Honestly, I try not to shill for my company too hard, but if you add up long term savings, it's pretty significant. Also, every item sign has a "price per" in the bottom left corner. Makes comparing the actual cost way easier. I highly suggest it.

Well, thank you very much, good Sir.

those stuffed peppers they sell in a tray

they're actually really good

not to mention the benefits program is really good

Their organic 8 pack of canned tomatoes
Shits insane I cook a lot and its is some of the highest quality canned tomatoes I have ever seen
I dont even give a fuck its organic its just insane good quality
I use their hard liquor for cooking when required

Not ck related but their laundry soap and dog food are top tier as well.

Nothing. Around here anyway. The prices are great, for sure, but I could easily find their products elsewhere. Other than their take out meals which are all pretty great, but every grocery store has that sort of home cooked deli food type stuff.

I'd shop there more, but they don't have nearly enough variety in their inventory, and they NEVER swap things around. Apparently people are perfectly content to buy the same three cases of soup for years. Same teas, same breads, same snacks, same everything in the fridges and freezers. They change the breakfast cereals very occasionally.

I really don't get it. Why couldn't they just buy new things every month or so? Is it some kind of deal they make with very specific products from companies? I like beef stew as much as the next guy, but jeez.

Only places I've seen with significantly better benefits are hospitals. Also, everyone is eligible for benefits after six months. Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available. Plus, Costco has something called the CARE network, which is essentially a problem-solving service for their employees. Need to move and don't have time to look? Care network can look for you and call back with a list of prospects. Need a baby sitter last minute? They got your back. Don't know how you're going to clean your house before guests come over? They'll find a cleaning service. They can also set up 6 free psych counseling sessions for you.

You're very welcome.

I actually do buy the dryer sheets but those were off the top of my head when I went today I usually lick up laundry stuff like every 2 months.
Who the hell buys frozen Soup? They have the same lineup of snacks,teas, breads of every supermarket + regional and smaller scale snacks along with a hefty organic listing.
This comment reeks of ignorance probably a Costco hater just to hate on the brand. Costco and Sam's club are the best locations in the United States to shop from.

A lot of times it has to do with item popularity. Other times it'sa matter of quality vs buying price. Our buyers do a really good job of reading specific markets for specific warehouses. Unfortunately, that means if you live somewhere people are content with the same things all the time, that's all you're going to see. The place I work at is one of the busiest warehouses in the country, so we see new products literally every week and sometimes every couple of days.

2 pound of goat cheese for 8 bucks

their diet green tea is the shit. i dont care about sugar and stuff but their diet one is very "zingy" its almost like what i would imagine drinking gasoline is like but tasty

Also, I'm sorry you live somewhere shitty. Midwest?

>drinking gasoline
lolwut

I didn't mention frozen soup.

Sucks to be me I guess. I'm in a small Canadian town. Our regular grocery stores manage to have a lot of variety somehow though. Costco is still great for Kirkland stuff and bulk things that I want a lot of.

Yeah, smaller Costcos don't have room to have variety. Also, just a courtesy in case you didn't hear, there was a listeria outbreak from some frozen fruit in Canada and Costco in canada carries some of the brands. Return that shit if you bought it in the last couple of months.

cuz it burns but its nice

I - I can't....

These things are super addictive, I can go through a whole container in two days. I also like to use the marinade (a mix of olive oil, vegetable oil, herbs and spices) as a quick thing to throw on pasta when I'm feeling lazy. I love these things.

they have sheepskins like 4x the size of the ones from ikea for like $30-40

i keep wanting to go into one to try the famed food court but I don't want to get stopped at the door by bouncers looking for a membership card I don't have

just say I just want to go to the food court and they will let you in to the food court area. The newer Costcos seem to put the food court outside of the store to solve this problem.

It really depends on the people working at the door. I worked the door for a few years and never gave a fuck. Some people take that job so seriously, you'd think we never caught Bin Laden.