How do you cu/ck/s think of MREs?

How do you cu/ck/s think of MREs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Znmo1dMXerc
nicholaschan.sg/saf-combat-rations-review/
black-tactical.com/store/equipment-mre-combat-rations-c-64_93/premium-mre-vegetarian-fragrant-rice-with-mushroom-p-6521
youtube.com/watch?v=HDkOkVJyN8M
youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA
youtube.com/user/gundog4314
youtube.com/channel/UCfBEYgWflPKsDI_i6AmD5sA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vegetarian meals are the best imo

but everyone has their own favorites

Can't complain, considering what I could be eating on tour.

Oh who am I kidding, I bitch about it all the time.

I gained 20 pounds in a month after I got a closet full of free MREs after a hurricane. The stories are true, you go days without shitting then give birth to a nigger anally.

I'd like to try some. Any hardened military bros here to comment?

they honestly look inedible and i cant believe the most powerful military in the history of the world would settle for this bullshit

go on youtube and look at the french military mre's, they look amazing

>i cant believe the most powerful military in the history of the world would settle for this bullshit

It's not about the taste really, it's that it gives the proper nutrients

Vegetarian MRE are the best. But the macaroni with meat sauce is also good;

if i were a general i'd rather have morale than nutrients

Speaking as Army, Marines fight better when they're pissed off.

Hit submit too soon.

Was going to say that either way it's not up to the generals. Food is all down to the bureaucrats

You didn't drink enough water.

you have to drink at least a liter of water with the MRE. while also drinking 2-3 liters that day.

I had to endure 60 days of eating nothing but 2 MREs a day, when deployed to Iraq. At one point I was going to throw a grenade at the next person who gave me an omelet MRE.

my main complaint is how they just make most of your calories in sugar. each MRE is 1500 Calories. half will just be sugar. I would prefer if it was more from protein and animal fat.

Just wondering, why do they go through the trouble of making/labeling vegetarian MREs?

Because I've heard that you don't get the choice of being vegetarian in military chow halls.

you get a choice, most of the time.

Just sometimes you are out in the field and they have mobile kitchen trailers set up and they are cooking a slightly better quality of preserved food like stuff.

then you eat what they make or you don't eat. because they won't usually allow you to eat an MRE. there are other times, like basic training, where you eat the MRE you are given and shut up.

MREs are made for people in a combat environment who are keeping in shape and sweat a lot. Their high-fat high-salt content were never intended for use by people who don't exercise a lot.

How much food do they actually feed you? Ive always thought of it like a jail tray where its hardly enough food for a small woman.

an MRE is 1200-1500 calories

So you basically get a choice of, eat what's provided, or don't eat at all. If you're vegetarian and you're provided rations with meat, you just don't eat?

Not that I really support vegetarianism. I just find it odd that they'd label things as vegetarian when, in combat/stressful situations where you're fighting to stay alive, that should be the least of your worries.

>How do you cu/ck/s think
With my mind, you idiot.

because sometimes you do get a choice.

that choice being there when you can make it, does make the grass munchers happy.

you won't believe the trouble I got in when I rigged it so the jew in the company kept getting the MREs with pork/bacon in them.

Kek, I get it now, user. I've no military experience so I don't know how situations like these typically go down but I get what you're saying.

used to feed pork to the Iraqis that worked on the base too, with out them knowning.

absolutely devilish

Just ate nothing but MREs for about 3 weeks.

The only one I refuse to grab is Asian Beef Strips and if I can help it the ratatouille.

I like to write my name all over my Menu 1 Chilli and Beans (comes with MRE Cornbread the best Cornbread I've ever had) and Menu 10 Chilli Mac once I get a hold of them because motherfuckers like to steal them.
How are your shits after you eat MREs? People talk about their assholes having rancid leaks one them. Personally I shit once every few days a solid baseball sized shit and on shit days I shit anywhere between 2~5 times within hours. Shits so dry I only need a safety wipe. I also fart a lot even on non shit days when I eat MREs.

You DO know it's not a sin/crime/whatever if they don't know, you force it on them, or otherwise trick them into it, right?
The only thing rubbing your bullets with lard does is get your fingers greasy and wastes your time.

Still funny nonetheless. Are you ok?

Triggered Mohammed.

>How do you cu/ck/s think of MREs?

With my mind.

Our base where basic training was at was evacuated due to a hurricane. We went to another base and ate MREs for a few days. I don't remember a whole a lot, they were decent, no complaints really. Everyone was constantly trading with each other, it was pretty goofy.

I've never had to live off of them for more than a week.

i'd rather have dried foods if i was out in the field.

but i guess MREs are comforting. they warm your stomach.

they taste like fuckin ass.

But I suppose they'd be better than absolutely no food and they're damn portable.

I'm actually a fan of hardtack as opposed to MREs though.

I had to live off them roughly 6 months straight with some random t-rations mixed in. I got really sick of them but would eat one now without any issue. After the first 6 months we had a FOB built and a DFAC with slightly better food. My second and third deployments were far better food wise. All you can eat all the time basically of real food and fatties would get fat if they wanted. The veggie omelette is the worst. People are not lying about that. My favorite MRE was chicken pesto pasta. I wouldn't consider me a hardened military bro though. I only spent 8 years in until I couldn't be part of the inactive reserve recalls.

go into combat and close calls will give you some great smiling battle shits after it's over.

i ate lots of them back in 2000 and 2001. theyre not bad at all. TONS of calories to give you plenty of energy, and the taste is fine.

how do we think of MRE's? this isn't a philosophy or psychology or neuroscience or cog sci board, bro.

Superior coming through

Hilarious comment bro put me in perpetual laughing fits to be sure

> 8 years with 3 deployments
>Born too late to be in the surge

I'd suck something big off to deploy when I'm still a Joe.

I want to try MREs but don't know any militaryfags, is there a place you can get them online without paying obscene prices?

At a grocery store in my army post loose MREs are sold for $10 each.

I should really start acquiring some and redistribute outside for profit.

$10 is a good price for MREs.

Good for when you're too lazy to go outside or make food.

>the little tabasco sauce

Some of then are pretty fucking good. Although you might get the shits

youtube.com/watch?v=Znmo1dMXerc
Estonian rations don't look too bad to be honest

They're ok but each pack is only one meal. The Brits get 24 hours worth in one pack.

Which base were you at?

There is a relatively new US Ration called First Strike Rations.

Its 24 hours worth of food in one clear plastic wrap about 1.5 times the size of a MRE.

Less entrees than 3 MREs but enough nutrition content for a whole day. Lots of energy snacks and caffeine stuff in it.

Comes with a resealable ziplock type back too.

My guntruck got a load of them last month for our training event and everyone seemed to like it more than standard MREs.

My brother was in the Marines and tactically aquired a box of them. The texture on most foods are awful and the flavors are alright, I guess. I understand why they put a little bottle of Tobasco in the them. At worst you can make everything taste like hot sauce. I'm sure people in the military get used to them and are probably nostalgic for the few good things like the pound cake.

That's the secret Army bro, Marines are always pissed off.

Omelet MRE? When you serve old timer?

MREs don't come with the little tobasco bottles anymore. It sucks.

I found an empty bottle as I took cover from fake MG fire in Ft. Polk about 2 weeks ago. I picked it up and showed it to my buddy few feet away as we took cover behind a tree.

I still wish it was a thing.

MRE's aren't bad, and I'd rather have those than nasty fucking T-rats.

If you add water to the main meals and heat them up, toss in some salt and Tabasco, most of them are actually pretty good.

The LRRP/cold weather rats are the best, but the main meals are dehydrated, which means they take more time to eat than the MRE's.

Regardless, they're not meant for "sit down" dining, but for dudes doing missions in a combat environment where food is something to be consumed rapidly for energy purposes, and not enjoyed leisurely for recreational purposes.

google XMRE

>without paying obscene prices?

ehhh

Singapoor's MREs were decent minus the tomato rice and tomato pasta anyways.

Other reviews from blooger plebs.
>nicholaschan.sg/saf-combat-rations-review/

Hope you like constipation.

Forgot pic.

black-tactical.com/store/equipment-mre-combat-rations-c-64_93/premium-mre-vegetarian-fragrant-rice-with-mushroom-p-6521

You can buy muh islamists MREs from singapoor, muh mooslems bros!

good ass munchies when your high as fuck and dont want to cook anything.

I dont know where you live but jails in america feed you a fuckton.

mre's come with that too though.

what the fuck that looks like it has expired.

>Tobasco [sic]
>hot sauce

lmao get the FUCK out of here you little pansy.

I bet your faggot jar head brother forces his dick down your throat and asshole everynight, fucking pussy ass faggot

>Because I've heard that you don't get the choice of being vegetarian in military chow halls.
You get a choice if salad sandwiches count.

Singapoor here. DO NOT under any circumstances buy our MREs. No matter how bad the omelette American MRE is, you've never had the terror of mahkani bean stew followed with a black rice and red bean "dessert".

Fuck you dude.

One MRE is enough for one day. Quit being a fatty.

> ctrl + f
> no mention of steve1989

is this a joke? here is a video of him trying an mre from the late 70s youtube.com/watch?v=HDkOkVJyN8M

i think they are fun
i havent eaten one myself but i like to watch people review and eat them online
these are some of the people i watch at the moment.
youtube.com/channel/UC2I6Et1JkidnnbWgJFiMeHA
youtube.com/user/gundog4314
youtube.com/channel/UCfBEYgWflPKsDI_i6AmD5sA
they are nice videos. i like to watch them when i lay down on the couch after work

>watching other people do things
>following and subscribing to their meme videoblogs

Get a fucking life, you pathetic excuse for a fat sack of shit

i love his video where he smokes the chesterfields
the whole smoking part was rich

I get them from my brother who is in the military (up here in Canada) and bring them on motorcycle trips. They aren't amazing but for camping they are pretty fucking good. Way better than any freeze dried camping food. Some are abhorrent garbage that need to cease to exist immediately while others are actually really, really good. On average though I would rather eat an MRE than go to McDonalds.

I love those crackers with the jalapeno spread. Most of the desserts are decent, too, like the pound cake, chocolate cake, and whatever else I don't remember. Drinks are decent too. I usually try a bite or two of the real food but it's mostly meh.

I find them fascinating despite never have even gotten close to one. I've spent hours watching MRE unboxing videos on youtube. The thought process required to make them cost efficient, reasonably tasty to preserve troop morale and also easy enough to carry while providing enough nutrients in pretty amazing, even if they have shortcomings in a few of those aspects.

That and those heating element bags will never cease to amaze me.

goddamn.. meant to sustain on one a day with no activity and 2 for heavy activity.. 3000 fuckin calories.

box?

same as aussies

please tell me about your operation experience to back up that claim

Tuna mre was best on a hot day. Those strawberry milkshakes where the bomb. Everyone loves chili mac. The poppyseed cake was goat.

My favorites was cheese tortolini.

The new first srikes have good shit in them but its just all snacks.

We ate them in scouts and in rotc often for hikes/drills/exercises. They made me constipated like a montherfucker, regardless of my water intake. For 7-10 day hikes, trips, I'll take dried foodstuffs over them all day long, but for prolonged durations, mres are a more viable solution. As many people have stated, the vegetarian were the most palatable.

Some of the new ones have a packet of "pepper sauce" generic tobasbo

back in the day we didnt have tuna or the tortaliini the best ones at that time was the meatloaf with gravy, chili mac, and chicken and noodles.

forgot to mention the jambalaya. shit was bomb.

Meatloaf is the only one of those not currently in the rotation that you mentioned.

Anything with the chocolate peanut butter is my go to.

>MRE = Meals Refusing to Exit

Fucking kek

MRE's are pretty good. The stomach is one of the most important parts of any fighting unit and MRE's are pretty good at that. That being said it mystifies me why some of them are just so godawful. Like so bad not even 1% of people like them. You'll go through a box and there will still be a pile of a certain kind no one will want to touch unless they are near death.

make sure to bring some spice along if you plan on eating nothing MREs for a while.
the bland taste will make them damn boring, and you`ll end up skipping meals

You three pass. The rest of you get a D minus and are henceforth held back a grade.

they're delicious, just don't eat more than one at a time. packed with calories.

I used to be in the USAF. they always had them for sale at the grocery store on base.

Women-hating misogynistic virgin male tears shitlords

>eating 40 year old sealed rations
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

2 tours in afghan. About 3 years in the field (cumulatively ).
Tell me about your experience.

but will he drink 15 year old crystal pepsi on camera?

t. skelington

No, but Cinema Snob has. Even drank 15 year old Zima.

Doesn't even have health insurance

Former Navy reporting in.

Neat thing about the Navy is that the galley usually replenishes in port stops, so you have usually have fresh-like food. However, if for whatever reasons port stops are a no go, the galley will kick back to dehydrated and long term storage goods.

Powered milk, powered eggs, bottom of davy's boot coffee, canned orange juice, and pasta for days.

This is why you bring a stash, for emergency situations. NEVER use a star card for energy drinks from the vending machines. Its a complete rip off.

Shore based galleys have cafeteria grade food. Decent, healthy, and some days even tasty. Whenever an Admiral winds up on base, you usually have a lobster day. Do not go to the galley on Lobster day, they cook it wrong.

Sometimes there are Surf n Turf ice cream days underway. These are not good things, because its 99.9% of the time setting up for bad news that'll piss you off.

As per MRE's, we had a surplus store down the road from our home port (Non military affiliated since you aren't "Supposed" to re-sell equipment to civilians, but when overhead costs of storage cost more than utilization of said good, you got to get rid of it somehow...) I decided to try a few. The bread is amazingly gummy and terrible, however the meal was tasty. It was tasty not because of the food itself, but rather the salty gravy broth it was covered in. I did not shit for two days.

Overall, if I had my choice it would be.
Secret Stash>Ship Galley (Port resupps)>Shore Galley>MRE's>Ship Galley (No Port)

Army/Navy surplus stores.

maple sausage? holy shit and i thought the british army ration packs were shit...

I used to get whole boxes issued to me for excersizes and afterwards I would more from friends. I open all the packs up and empty them into the box. I throw away all the brick bread. Mostly ate them when I was hungover, they are pretty much the same as frozen dinners and snacks.