Cheap, Trashy Vodka Thread

So you're a poor student who's also an alcoholic. What vodka (or alternative spirit) do you rely on to get you intoxicated.

Over time, I've developed a taste for bottom shelf vodka which tastes like gasoline. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the savage pleasure I get from sculling something which tastes so foul.

Pic related, it's my current cycle of cheap, trashy vodka.

Kamchatka

Glens: The Exciting Vodka

There is a ceretian pleasure to drinking shit booze.

Its an admission to ones self that you're just trying to get fucked up and the shit taste is almost like penance.

You have no illusions. You've made peace with your carnal nature. And now you're buzzed.

Cheap Booze .Its like a hang over twice! One on the way down and again come tomorrow!

I agree, there's almost an sense of self-harm to it -- not in an edgy way, but in a "I've paid $27 for a bottle of vodka and I want the process of drinking it to physically hurt" way.

Got together with a couple of friends a few months back, and it was during this time that I first tried a "top shelf" brand on vodka. It was Grey Goose, from memory, and holy fuck it was smooth (relative to what I'm accustomed to). It's the kind of alcohol that you can just slide down your throat immediately without any thought, whereas with cheap vodka, it takes at least 14 to reach this stage.

Apologies for the atrocious spelling -- I suppose the alcohol is getting to me now. In my last paragraph, I had meant to say "14 shots" instead of simply "14".

Hipster stereotypes aside - PBR is a great cheap beer. Maybe not in terms of taste (Its piss but its inoffensive piss) but in how easy it goes down.

Plus a case is cheap as balls.
Its always nice to have enough beer to give away to friends and potential friends.

PBR: Its not beer, its a means to an end

I've never really been a beer drinker, which is a crime considering my nationality. How many beers (on an empty stomach) does it take to get a moderate buzz? Is it worth me looking in to?

I could get PBR, Stroh's, and Bud Ice down fairly easily, despite not liking their taste. But, Miller High Life really bugged me. I didn't make a face, if I was offered it. I mean, it was free beer and I was in college. But, I wouldn't buy it myself.

Vodka, is of course, way cheaper than beer, if you're willing to go with lowest cost per unit of alcohol. For me, that's a 750mL of Burnett's at $7.41 after tax. I usually chase it with water, Gatorade, or strawberry-lemonade flavor Pedialyte mix (they have them in single serve powder sleeves). It's cheap enough that I usually eat a hearty breakfast and eat nice sandwiches throughout the day, instead of keeping an empty stomach. At my size, you pretty much have to if you're going to have ~17-19 shots over a day and not blackout.

Chasing vodka with water is definitely a moment in every alcoholic's life which they'll remember forever. It's the point where you realise that you've arrived at the second-last tier of drunkard, the next being just necking vodka straight.

Why wouldn't you chase vodka with water? Waters free and unless it's shit tier vodka it's fine. Also keeps you hydrated

Sounds like we got Richy rich over here

Belgium? One Trappist on an empty stomach can be enough.
On an empty stomach ABV doesn't really make much difference, half a pint of beer is roughly one unit.

I started mixing my vodka with water when I couldn't stomach it pure any more. My pancreas is fucked up.
(I have Polish origins, only explanation I found on being able to drink straight vodka without making a face.)

Taaka vodka was what one shitty alchie roommate drank when he was going to school. Did a little math with another roommate about how much he drank. It was about 80 a week on fifths of taaka and some various other drinks we saw him with each week. He was spending most of his food budget on vodka and starved himself and his cat to afford booze. He ended up being a drunk at his own place when we told him he cant be blackout drunk most nights a week or have a loaded gun in the house. After leaving getting a job and not talking to us again he now looks like a bum/grunge punk wanna be.

Moral of the story. Taaka turns you into a bum. Dont drink taaka vodka.

3 maybe?
Im a skinny motherfucker though

Imperial American Whiskey(or as we call it Shitty Whiskey) it runs about 16 bucks a handle here in jersey.

Also a jerseyfag.

Seems like everyone buys up those pint bottles of E&J around here.

Tesco Value Vodka is the way to go. If you're poor, you can't afford a brand name.
Or even a glass bottle.

Necking being what? Like when you up-end it and do the water cooler glug-glug-glug move?

back when i was an alcohol maniac Platnium 7x was my drink to get mad dribbly drunky on, it's abot 16 bucks a handle where I am. I'd suck down half a handle on friday and saturday night and suck down a 12 pack of busch ices to patch myself up on sunday. but i always woke up monday morning wanting to kill myself pretty cool huh.

$10 at your nearest Trader Joe's, friend. One of the best flavors for your buck as well.

kirkland. Get a bunch for cheap, and isn't bad. Pretty smooth for a vodka.

I really don't like the taste of Vodka of the Gods.

Prefer my cheaper Skol handles.

What do you guys think about Russian Standart?

i don't know if its similiar, but i personally really enjoy smoking selfbuilt bongs instead of joints, because i can feel the self-destruction a little and it makes me more conscious of what exactly i'm doing with (to) my body

>he tries to be alcoholic but drinks something other than Everclear

I am also interested in this.

If you've got bottom shelf vodka just run it through a water filter jug a few times and it will taste as good as anything else.

it's delicious

Used to drink this long time ago

yuropoor: RS is a step above the shit vodkas and plenty good for the money if you can get it cheap and I thought it was the bees knees, being used to gutter shit, HOWEVER, there is this german-made vodka called Three Sixty, out here it costs 2€ (3 bucks?) more and you get a WORLD of difference. So whenever 360 is priced down, I get a few in stock (which lasts not much longer than a single bottle :/ )
This however is already around the 14€ price range, so not THAT cheap, compared to say Eristoff or whathaveyou in Lidl, etc.

cheapest vodka I can find.

$8.99 at total wine

This is the only answer. Taaka is the most vile shit I ever drank and I was a late stage alchy who would drink anything.

This shit is my fucking life blood
$12.71 after
Bless you Winn Dixie

*after tax

This shit sent me to the hospital twice to get my stomach pumped.

I used to drink Gordons. $10 for a fifth.

Y'all weak baka

8-14 for me depending on how much I've eaten. Depends on the beer though too. Bar next to me has $1 Yuengling, so 8-14 or so of those and I'm feelin alright.

Taaka is legitimately fucking rough. Dear lord. Spend $1 more or find another type of liquor to drink. God Taaka hurts the body, mind, and soul.

We used to drink Mccormick raspberry in college. Jesus fucking christ. We'd dye it too, so after parties, everyone would wake up with bright pink mouths and stains everywhere. Surprisingly good though, girls liked it too.

I've been drinking Evan Williams lately though. Granted, I'm not totally poor yet, so I still spend for something a little better. Used to be Jim Beam, but in Idaho, Evan is $12 cheaper than Jim for some reason. Handle of Evan is $24 here, liquor is expensive out west.

It's a knock off of already notoriusly cheap and shitty vodka, dubra.

Shit'll put hair on your asshole.

Hard to beat $9.99 a handle.

there is no reason to buy vodka that doesn't cost 20 PLN a bottle.

it's great with lemonade. top drink when ur back at some nob heads house and everywheres closed.

keeps you awake and gets you smashed super quick.

This is generally the only plastic bottle vodka I see

Tastes like fucking lighter fluid

After drinking Vodka of the Gods, at ~9 bucks for 1.5L, I'll drink any Vodk vodka my friends can't stomach and think it tastes like delicious water. That stuff is nasty, and I would prefer drinking straight Everclear or even whiskey to that stuff from Trader Joe's. We have an inch left at home and I can't bring myself to do it.

Potter's. It's $6.99 a bottle.

RS Platinum is quite good. Regular RS is just fair.

This shit. Cheap, gritty and taste like rubbing alcohol

This is the Kroger brand variant which I drink. Probably the same shit.

I want to thank everyone in this thread for reminding me why I went to rehab and only drink liquor on special occasions and keep to a 12 pack a week. Vodka is death friends, second only to meth.

Not my fault you're a failure with an addictive personality who can't balance his own life.

These kind of threads makes me sad, because where I'm from there's no such thing as "cheap" vodka.

Yeah, I had a Miller High Life 40oz recently. It was certainly drinkable, but throughout drinking it I kept thinking "this tastes like a musty basement smells, but it doesn't really bother me as much it should." Just weird.

Anyways, I used to drink Rubinoff back in high school and college but now I just can't stomach cheap hard liquor. Just doesn't seem worth it any more to drink something so foul when I can afford to just get some beers instead.

Where are you from?

PBR isn't that cheap anymore, thanks to hipsters. There's so many better beers at a lower price point.

It's still seven bucks for a 12 pack. That's cheap.

Barton's vodka and gin. Top shelf-bottom shelf swill, that.

That same seven bucks will get you a 750 of vodka which will get you way more drunk.

>one fifth of Everclear
>a 2L of Mountain Dew
>packet of lemonade mix
>packet of cherry Kool-Aid
>combine in an empty gallon milk jug
>top off with water
it looks like antifreeze but it's fucking amazing

Canada.

Yeah, I've heard about your ridiculous sin taxes.

Natives buying up all your liquor?

Why do they call them handles when there's no handle on them at all?

They have a handle shape on them. More than a 750 has. And the glass bottles typically have a full one.

From the alkys in the thread: can I get a review of Kirkland's vodkas? (both types, if possible)

Ah my drink of choice

you don't like what a musty basement smells like?

You look like you would know
How do I know when to call the ambulance

Fuck I buy one of those every Saturday night.

They're both fantastic. The French is practically indistinguishable from Grey Goose, and the American is also very smooth and as a bonus, gluten free.

Didn't see this one in the mix.
What, ~$25 for a handle?
That's 3 solid nights; 5 days worth of booze.
Not a college student, but unemployed and bourbon is too expensive for me atm.

Thanks, user. This actually looks like something I can get into.

If you're a small gril like me, then it only takes two or three

Yeah, as a smell and a reminder of my childhood. As a taste, it's bizarre and slightly off-putting.

Have any of you Anons noticed that people who use the term "lightweight" as a pejorative tend to be medium at best? It's always the partiers, not the career alcoholics (those with an actual tolerance), who take pride in their capacity to drink, even when their abilities are mediocre.

Also, at what age did you start to drink, what was your choice of alcohol, and how much of it did it take you to achieve "comfortable" intoxication?

I started properly drinking at the age of 16. At this time, I was only interested in getting to a place where I could be sociable yet still enjoy the effects of intoxication, so I'd always drink on an empty stomach.

For me, it has always been cheap vodka (hence my posting in this thread). I used to fill one glass with vodka and another with soda, then I'd take gulps from each until both were empty. This would get me to the stage where my whole body felt warm and limbs in particular felt like they were buzzing. I'd also be able to talk to girls, but this was honestly the secondary intention.

aren't those grocery store vodkas lower proof?

Pretty much the case in Australia. Cheapest vodka available starts at $27 for 700ml with a 37% alcohol content.

I had to work in Vancouver for several weeks. I was a pain in the ass to find a store open sometimes and I was buying the cheap stuff - Alberta pure - $25 for 750 ml. How can Canadians afford to be the alcoholics they are?

Burnetts is pond scum tier and its legally not even vodka.

McCormicks
Bar tons
Tvarscki

And popov

Ever clear is death

Bout 15-16 here.

I used to drink until I passed out in the front yard.

Now I prefer to drink whiskey on the rocks and keep a stable buzz going, but more often than not I drink cheap vodka and get retarded drunk

This. The bottle is fucking monolithic and it tastes bretty gud.

>still thinking hipsters drink pbr

How hard is it down the wine that games in those huge jugs?

Nope, 80 proof.

Bumping this thread out of interest. I've nothing to say but I'll say something anyway.

Hendricks gin with my gfs weird Korean oj

Are flavored vodkas a big thing where you guys are?

They're huge here. Probably due to a large university. The vodka section is now like a quarter of the entire liquor store. The stupidest shit too. Whipped cream vodka, chocolate covered orange vodka, grape vodka smores vodka, bacon vodka, shit goes on and on with every meme flavor imaginable.

But I do like cucumber vodka. Goes fantastic in bloody marys.

>tfw require 7 or 8 beers to get smashed
>can literally get a bottle of vodka for that kind of money and get drunk for 3 days
>can't fucking smell vodka since it literally made me lose my voice 5 years ago for two days

I'll spend money on whiskey, but I honestly cant tell the difference between vodkas. It all tastes like trash to me. The only good thing about vodka is that it is easy to mask to taste which makes it good for mixed drinks.

>Whipped cream vodka

That might be good with orange juice or orange soda.

I bought a litre of tito for about $16 when getting a plane back to the uk from miami.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Try a good one, like Grey Goose. Put the bottle in the freezer (spirits don't freeze)

50% what? Alcohol, orange juice?
It's a crap OJ if it has 50% OJ.

I'm very fond. But this a cheap vodka thread, and RS is middle shelf.

When I was 15 at a party I was handed a plastic glass of room temperature popov and told to down it. It was in front of a bunch of qts and bros so I did it to not be a pussy. I was given a room temp coke to chase with after.

The only alcohol that makes me physically gag just by looking at it. Never, ever, ever again.

I drink pic related. Cheap as fuck, but ok taste and doesn't look cheap on the shelf either.

Tito's is arguably the best bang for buck vodka out there. My liquor store has handles of Smirnoff for $17 a lot of the times, so I go with that. But if they didn't have a shitload of extra Smirnoff with wholesale prices, Tito's would be my choice.

I thought a vodka martini was Vodka and Gin and it ended pretty well.

I have a bottle of everclear, and doing a shot straight kinda kicked my ass. How do I get rid of it without dying?

saving this thread for the disaster which is the day i need it.