Iron Skillet Meme

I tried to make cornbread and eggs in my iron skillet and now it's ruined. You faggots owe me a skillet

Try properly seasoning your shit next time

That just means you don't know how to cook or clean @$$#@T! Git gud.

By that logic the arts and crafts store owes me millions because I didn't draw a masterpiece on the canvas they sold me.

you fell for the cast iron meme

It's like people saying "oh records are so much better than cd players/mp3 files".

I had this issue with my cast iron. it's pretty easy to clean away. the real issue with the cast iron is that whenever i season it in the oven, it doesn't fucking season the bottom evenly. makes me sad.

Uh oh. . .

Mine looks like this pretty much every time i cook. I usually just wash it out. Is it not supposed to look like this?

How can you tell if it's seasoned properly?

And when do you know when you have to reseason it.

I have one but I dont have a clue if i'm using it properly

Mine does too... I have no idea if we're missing something here...

>Seasoning an iron skillet
>Not knowing how to clean an iron skillet without the fucking seasoning meme hipster shit
Faggots

OP, don;t be silly.

Grab a fresh Brillo pad and scrub that out of there.

scouring pad cleans it up pretty quick

Just soak it or put it in the diswasher until the crumbs soften. I find that the water pressure in dishwashers are strong enough to blow shit off

4/10

Stainless steel wool will clean that shit up. Next time, don't be a faggot and control the amount of heat going in. Is it a gas or electric stove? If the latter, kill yourself.

Throw it in the dishwasher and

~violin~

Problem solved

>I cooked in the pan
>it's dirty
>it's ruined

>have you tried cleaning it

>oh records are so much better

But they are.

Hot water, soap, and you scrub that fucker, faggot.

Paper towel and salt. Scrub counterclockwise

Cast iron in the dishwasher? I'd always heard that's not a good idea

>~violin~

lol

>j-just wipe it off and it'll be clean =^)

literal physical pain when I saw that picture

When it's seasoned properly it'll look glossy, like it's always wet.

Try seasoning on a gas grill. It doesn't turn on and off like an oven. Plus it's outside so your house doesn't smell like burnt oil.

>I don't know how to cook or clean my pan

>falling for the seasoning meme
Why not just wash it like every other pot and pan you own? It cooks fine

It's like scraping off the teflon layer of a nonstick pan.

Because you aren't suppost to cook eggs on cast iron unless you add an ungodly amount of grease. 2 tablespoons an egg minimum.

A tip for your cornbread. Make the batter sans your butter and instead put the butter at the bottom of the pan, preheated before pouring the batter ontop of it. No sticking, you develop a great crust.

Also, you're a fucking heathen if you put sugar in your cornbread or don't use buttermilk.

$5 well spent. only needed two bakes.

It's clockwise in Australia.

>you're a fucking heathen
I think you mean uncivilized you boorish lout.

*tip*

>tfw moved in with my girlfriend and she has an electric stove and oven

>Iron Skillet Meme
Veeky Forums is a meme board

bring dirty dishes up for mommy to clean

>>tfw moved in with my girlfriend and she has an electric stove and oven

Whatkind of oven would you prefer? Wood fired?

I don't know about you, but I really like the heat control a gas flame offers.

>I don't know about you, but I really like the non-uniform heat output and heat spill a gas flame offers.
Normies have no probem working gas, halogen, induction or even the ancient heatplate stovetop. Three out of those four are electric, and at least two of them are arguably better than gas in a number of ways - and only marginally slower adjusting than gas.

Wait...your supposed to keep that on?

My dad has that same pan and it's looked like that every time I've seen it in the last 20 years.

Old but I still chuckled

If washing removes your seasoning layer then it wasn't properly seasoned in the first place.

>arguably better than gas in a number of ways

I have no problem using any of the above, but gas is easily the best.

I'll grant that the flat-type electric stoves are the easiest to clean, but other than that gas is king:
-highest heat output by far
-cheapest to operate: about 1/3 the cost per BTU compared to electricity
-can use any material or shape cookware
-instant heat control
-convenient source of flame for flambeing, roasting peppers, etc.
-works during a power outage

good way to show that you dont know what the fuck you are talking about

You store the sound in an analog form. When you hear it, it is converted back to analog.

We cannot just plug digital sound into our brain

kek

>digital sound

I... do you not know how sound is stored digitally? I bet you don't even know how records work. What means is that we can't feed a wav file directly into our heads. Which is entirely correct. Digital sound is really a thing. It's not exactly "sound", it's a close digital approximation of it.

Audio is stored digitally as a series of numbers, with each number representing the voltage level send to the speaker, which dictates how far it is pushed or pulled. The computer runs over these numbers at the rate they were recorded, typically 44.1kHz. It's not literally a sound wave, but it's as close as a computer is going to get to representing arbitrary analog signals.

Pic related illustrates what I mean. The red line is the actual audio, and the blue lines are the computer's representation.

>The red line is the actual audio, and the blue lines are the computer's representation.
No it doesn't, you retard. Do you even Shannon-Nyquist?
As long as the sampling rate is twice the bandwidth you have perfect wave form reconstruction.

>@$$#@T!

user, what site do you think you're on?

>literal physical pain
is Veeky Forums the poorest board? you can literally buy a new one for $15, why would this cause you anguish?

Just clean it you fucking faggot. It's fine.
Are plastic scrub sponges not a thing where you live?

>As long as the sampling rate is twice the bandwidth
Which often isn't the case

Why doesn't bacteria grow in the seasoning?

Worst case, it's a layer of oil or fat. Best case, it's a layer of pure carbon. Neither is a good environment for bacteria.

Mate electric is shit. It makes it infinitely harder to cook when you have to wait minutes every time you want to adjust the temperature. You also can't hover your pan over an electric plate and expect it to have the same effect as a flame. The heat control offered by gas is invaluable.

I just thought since you can't wash it that vigorously, there could be residual bits of food which could be harmful. I guess I'm being stupid.

>wanting to keep harmful chemicals on your cookware to begin with

I'm not here to judge, god bless your soul

You know what soap does to oil and fat right? That's like saying you seasoned wrong if you left your pan to sit in the rain all night and you bring it in and it's rusted..

Nails on a chalkboard cost nothing too.

It scratches the chalk board and those cost more than $15

>You know what soap does to oil and fat right?

Of course. But the seasoning layer is not oil or fat--at least not if it's done properly. The oil polymerizes into a hard thin film. It's no longer oil/fat anymore. Soap won't hurt it.

Are you perhaps confusing a "properly seasoned pan" with one that was simply coated with oil instead?

>>That's like saying you seasoned wrong if you left your pan to sit in the rain all night and you bring it in and it's rusted..

And that's 100% correct. A properly seasoned pan will not rust if you let it sit in the rain overnight.

don't have one.

Fork on a plate?

is this b8? or are you really that retarded?

Considering to what he said here , he is most likely disabled. Mercy on his soul

Don't you discourage him. He can meme if he wants to. That's real OG shit right there.

I think you meant viola