Tell us about your eating experiences during your travels abroad

Tell us about your eating experiences during your travels abroad.

it was fine.

lived in Japan for a few years. i was always a picky eater, but being a broke student, I didn't have much choice. was mostly pleasantly surprised.

also, my friend visited South America with his wife, ate Street food, and got really sick. turns out he had an amoeba.

Spent a few weeks in Costa Rica. Lovely country, and I wish I could go back. Didn't like the cities, though, I spent most of my time in the very rural areas.

I left my humble home in flyover and started driving to Chicago. I ran into a group of men of African American that didn't look or sons trustworthy at a traffic light. After they brandished more weapons than I could fit in two hands I left town and ate at a roadside diner. It was ok

dont drive up through the southside suburbfag

When I went in UK I wasn't expecting much from their cousine, and in fact I didn't like much anything. However, the breakfast turned out to be very good at the place where I was. Expecially I liked Marmite so much. Actually the first bite felt like shit, but then i developed a heroin-like addiction for that thing. Even now in my country i'm looking for it in every store but sadly it's likely to not being sold here.

Went to France, got fresh bread and rhubarb jam. Went into Germany, got lots of Doner Kebabs. 10/10

Food in Austria is shit as fuck. Maybe it's better in Vienna, but everywhere else it's cheap generic schnitzels and kebab.

How cute. Never eat street food in third world countries, you're guaranteed to get some sort of bug.
What was so good about Japanese food? Genuinely curious because it often looks yucky and I don't eat fish

>go to florida to escape rough winter
>30°C outside
>need an Iced Cap'
>no tim horton's

What's your cunt?
Pretty sure they shit that smearable poop all around the world.

Patrick star pizza in taiwan

Tonkotsu shoyu ramen in tokyo

Xiaolongbao at din tai fung in taipei

tiradito at chicha in cusco, peru.

My nigga

Jap food is all about using ingredients without the help of spices. Most of their produce is real fresh and they try to bring out the best flavors without adding too much. It's great but after a while, a lot of it just starts tasting bland and lacking that spice most other countries use.

Well I can say they sure salt the fuck out of the water for the pasta in Rome. It was good.

Regularly take a cheap flight to eastern/central Europe (Poland, Czech republic, Slovakia, Hungary) and mostly spend my time there eating like a king for a week. Plan on doing something similar but longer the coming summer, starting from Slovenia and slowly going down Balkan.

>What was so good about Japanese food?

I don't really know, I can only guess why.

I think it's less "heavy" than American food. like, I could gorge on rice and beef and not hate myself afterwards, like I would if I over ate at Golden corral or Cicis. possibly due to American food using cheese on everything.

other than that, there was the whole "exotic and foreign" factor. stuff I've never eaten before was introduced to me, and because it was a new flavor, emphasized the flavor. kinda like eating beans after a lifetime of only bread and water.

whole roast pig in peru

Italy: Dinner at a small town restaurant middle of nowhere. Delicious creamy pasta on the pasta. Ask chef how much butter and cream he used. Answer is none - the sauce is made from blended white asparagus cooked with the pasta.

Japan: Got to compare North Tokyo, South Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka ramen styles. Also ate at a place that served nothing but grilled eel over riced.

Germany: Shockingly good meatball sandwich from a truck stop.

Norway: After a boat ride to see the fjords had a beautiful outdoor lunch of salmon, potatoes and shrimp salad.

Scotland: Best fish and chips of my life in Edinburgh, washed down with Deuchars. Also Mother India in Glasgow.

Spain: How can everything be so delicious but the bread so consistently shit?

Austria: Shots of Williams at the end of the night.

Switzerland: Champagne, caviar and raclette at Claude's chateau.

France: Oysters from Arcachon Bay not nearly as good as Bourdain crowed about. Locals said it was a bad year.

Moar if you want.

There is literally no reason to travel to a place without Timmy Ho's.

my brother. that place is heaven. I've had some decent ceviche there but it's typical central american food: beans and rice and fried plantains

Doner kebabs are the absolute best drunk food. They damn good as sober food, too.

Spend last weekend in Sweden and stayed at a hostel with a kitchen. Previous travelers had left bread, butter, and caviar paste. Sounds gross but was actually delicious.
Also ate some reindeer with horseradish sauce. Delicious af

Not the user you're replying to, but I agree CR is breathtakingly beautiful. Been twice, but found the food a little underwhelming compared to other Latin American places.

otoro and uni in taipei

Deep dish pizza while I was in Chicago, even panera bread has it there, delicious.

What does uni taste like?

Creamy with subtle sweetness and smooth texture.

I aint know they had internet in Chiraq aka niggerville.

Kinda strange if you've never had it. It's a UNIque taste.

Creamy and smooth are not flavors

w/e just describing what it's like to eat it
more nigiri from the same place

I had a hotdog in Colombia and it was packed with an absurd number of toppings. It had quail eggs on top. Pretty good

tres leches and other desserts from a street vendor in cusco, peru.

Gross looking omelette at 7-11 in tokyo

"huge burger" restaurant in taipei near shilin night market

Brad pitt and angelina jolie at the burger place ? so weird..

In which part of Spain you stayed?

In coastal zones, the bread is bland and shitty due to the water that they used (salty) and the climate (humidity).

Shit ton of dried seafood in taiwan

looks dank, faggot

Madrid and Andalusia. Loved Seville.

>no pictures of the burger

picky eaters always like raw fish

my store has it and I live in bumfuck Wisconsin, try online

:( I am jealous user. Let me go get depressed while trying to fit into a superior nippon culture desu.

Only time I have ever gotten sick abroad was in Shanghai when I ate stewed beef that was probably not cooked thoroughly

I regret being a young spineless faggot and not trying the century eggs when handed one

my balls are so wet for this
and this